PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obummer REALLY does it now...bows to Saudi King

memyselfI
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I expect all of those who :cuss: or LMAO at Bush for sucking up to the Saudi king to be likewise disgusted and outraged.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ed0Qp2vxkSQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ed0Qp2vxkSQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jenson71
04-02-2009, 03:41 PM
There goes the Constitution!

Direckshun
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
GAME CHANGER

BucEyedPea
04-02-2009, 04:17 PM
There goes the Constitution!

Was it walking behind someone in the video? :p

SBK
04-02-2009, 05:58 PM
There will be nobody here to point out the absurdity of making fun of Bush for kissing up to the Saudi's but not saying anything about Obama doing it.

Hog Farmer
04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
That was just a practice for the sucking of the Kings cock!

VAChief
04-02-2009, 07:28 PM
That was just a practice for the sucking of the Kings cock!

:spock:

T-post Tom
04-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow. You should seek professional help. Seriously, your obsession appears to be almost Hinckleyesque. Better a psychologist than an angry Secret Service agent.

whatsmynameagain
04-03-2009, 05:42 AM
she missed the landing zone for her tampon, i wonder if theres still a chance of toxic shock.....fingers crossed......
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
04-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Wow. You should seek professional help. Seriously, your obsession appears to be almost Hinckleyesque. Better a psychologist than an angry Secret Service agent.
The anger over Hilary not becoming president has to stop. Going through your life filled with anger is not a good thing. Trust me.

patteeu
04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
This is worse than hand holding. At least hand holding suggests equality of stature. Obama is small.

stevieray
04-03-2009, 07:41 AM
This is worse than hand holding. At least hand holding suggests equality of stature. Obama is small.

...only the King's subjects bow to him..;)

alpha_omega
04-03-2009, 08:06 AM
ROFL....Bowing to Kings and touching Queens.....what is going on here?

Brock
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
At least he didn't kneel, I guess.

Cannibal
04-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Except that hand holding is teh ghey.

Cannibal
04-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Bush even kissed one of them if I remember correctly.

memyselfI
04-03-2009, 09:30 AM

I don't know, they are both bad. As my husband said this morning, why on earth would Obummber bow under ANY circumstances to a man that is not the king of his country? And worse, why to this particular slime when he is the POTUS?

He LMAO when I told him about this. It shows Obow has a terrible ignorance of protocol.

Chief Henry
04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Obama is an empty suit and he's now becomming a "subject" to a foreign country.

wtf is he trying to prove?

jAZ
04-03-2009, 11:18 AM
The raging level of insecurity on display in this thread is remarkably pathetic, if not unsurprising.

vailpass
04-03-2009, 11:20 AM
What news regarding the economy, foreign trade, the middle east, the environment, education, health care, US auto makers, wall street, the housing market?

wutamess
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
OH THE OUTRAGE!

|Zach|
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
and he's now becomming a "subject" to a foreign country.

You are a joke.

Chief Henry
04-03-2009, 02:51 PM
You are a joke.

The Obots are the jokes or clueless.

SBK
04-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't think the President of the US should bow to anyone. Proper or not, he represents America and him bowing to the King of another nation is the same as America bowing to that nation.

And watching Bush hold hands with the King was sad too.

Bowser
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I just can't seem to give a shit.

aturnis
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Ummmm. Isn't holding hands with another man whilst on a "sunday stroll" worse? That just screams gay. I also think it shows that he has no idea how to carry himself in a social situation that is outside of his own element. "Just smile...and go with it, this is weird...I feel funny, and...this is weird". [inside Bush's head/]

All Obama did was show respect to the Saudi's by respecting the way they choose to show their respect to the King. Don't political figures usually comply with cheek kissing if it is a cultural sign of respect?

A bow is a greeting. Japan, China, and Korea all do it. I won't pretend like I know what Saudi traditions are, but this seems like something silly to throw a fit about. Especially a little bitch fit like most of you. Geez, grow up. I'm not a hardcore tooth and nail liberal like jaz, but you're all being dumb.

There is a difference between Obama and Bush. Obama is a self-made man, smart, charming and charismatic. Bush, got through a prestigious school on his fathers name alone. He is obviously a buffoon whom hasn't even come close to mastering the english language.

patteeu
04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Ummmm. Isn't holding hands with another man whilst on a "sunday stroll" worse? That just screams gay. I also think it shows that he has no idea how to carry himself in a social situation that is outside of his own element. "Just smile...and go with it, this is weird...I feel funny, and...this is weird". [inside Bush's head/]

All Obama did was show respect to the Saudi's by respecting the way they choose to show their respect to the King. Don't political figures usually comply with cheek kissing if it is a cultural sign of respect?

A bow is a greeting. Japan, China, and Korea all do it. I won't pretend like I know what Saudi traditions are, but this seems like something silly to throw a fit about. Especially a little bitch fit like most of you. Geez, grow up. I'm not a hardcore tooth and nail liberal like jaz, but you're all being dumb.

There is a difference between Obama and Bush. Obama is a self-made man, smart, charming and charismatic. Bush, got through a prestigious school on his fathers name alone. He is obviously a buffoon whom hasn't even come close to mastering the english language.

First of all, just because something "screams gay" to you doesn't make it worse. That's your own bias screaming.

Second, did you see the Saudi King bow to Obama? Neither did I. In Japan, China, and Korea, the bowing is mutual. This was subservient.

Coach
04-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Apparently she doesn't want Obama to pay respect to other people. Apparently, she wants him to pull a fast one on the Saudi King and demands the Saudi King to kiss his ass.

Good god, Duhnese, I don't know you or don't care much about you, but you really need to seek medical help, immediately. This unhealthy obsession that you are having towards Obama, may game change you into a terrorist, who may be determined to go after him.

Pablo
04-04-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't know what's worse.

Reading a meme post or reading a Smed post.

stevieray
04-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Good god, Duhnese, I don't know you or don't care much about you, but you really need to seek medical help, immediately. This unhealthy obsession that you are having towards Obama, may game change you into a terrorist, who may be determined to go after him.

right, cause we all know it not ok to criticize if it's your guy, but totally ok if it isn't.

patteeu
04-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Apparently she doesn't want Obama to pay respect to other people. Apparently, she wants him to pull a fast one on the Saudi King and demands the Saudi King to kiss his ass.

Is there a line at which you'd think that "paying respect" crossed over into something unseemly? If Obama prostrated himself in front of the King would that bother you? How about if he kissed the King's ring? His royal slipper?

Did the King pay any respects to the POTUS? Does it matter to you whether this is a one way street or a case of mutual respect?

VAChief
04-04-2009, 10:18 AM
First of all, just because something "screams gay" to you doesn't make it worse. That's your own bias screaming.

Second, did you see the Saudi King bow to Obama? Neither did I. In Japan, China, and Korea, the bowing is mutual. This was subservient.

To be fair, wouldn't that be your own bias as well.

This seems a little petty to making an issue, but just an observation. I certainly was no Bush fan, but I wouldn't have assumed he was advocating power by a simple, often awkward social introduction ritual.

memyselfI
04-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't bow to the Saudi king and I am not the POTUS. My Gawd, he's not required to bow to anyone and yet he willingly bowed to one of the slimiest and most corrupt people on the planet...

I hope all it says is that he's an ignoramus because the other options are unthinkable.

He actually respects the guy. Or he's had some type of cultural conditioning that would make him think it was necessary or honorable to do so. Either way, yikes.

patteeu
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
To be fair, wouldn't that be your own bias as well.

This seems a little petty to making an issue, but just an observation. I certainly was no Bush fan, but I wouldn't have assumed he was advocating power by a simple, often awkward social introduction ritual.

It's certainly my interpretation. My bias is that it is bad when a POTUS acts in a subservient way toward a foreign leader. His bias is that it's bad when a POTUS acts in a way that screams gay. IMO, my bias is more defensible than his, but YMMV.

alanm
04-04-2009, 01:20 PM
A United States President does not bow or act subservient to royalty or any foreign dignitary.
He f*cked up. He's going to be crucified all next week.
Imagine if Bush had bowed to a Saudi Shiek. :spock:

SBK
04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
A United States President does not bow or act subservient to royalty or any foreign dignitary.

The robots in this county were programmed to hate Bush no matter what, and now their software tells them to defend Obama no matter what. o:-)

Your point is correct though, my lame joke aside.

alanm
04-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, to be fair holding hands was fairly gay. But Bush had a sense of protocol as far as not bowing to anyone. :shake:

BigRedChief
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Obama is an empty suit and he's now becomming a "subject" to a foreign country.

wtf is he trying to prove?
http://www.forumspile.com/Care-People_(chairs).jpg

orange
04-04-2009, 02:07 PM

Bush didn't bow to the Saudi King because they were old friends.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00bw14tgaU8Fk/610x.jpg

BigRedChief
04-04-2009, 04:29 PM
http://911review.org/humor/img/saudi-taste.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/2496409613_08d918d1f8.jpg

J Diddy
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
The robots in this county were programmed to hate Bush no matter what, and now their software tells them to defend Obama no matter what. o:-)

Your point is correct though, my lame joke aside.

my programming tells me to give a poo about things that actually matter

VAChief
04-04-2009, 05:46 PM

Maybe he was trying to avoid having to kiss him on the mouth. If I had to choose between a bow, and getting the tongue from a man in a dress I think I would choose the bow any day. :)

Bob Dole
04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Men sometimes hold hands with each other in Saudi Arabia (although not with women in public). Holding hands with another man is a sign of friendship. Saudi men often greet each other with kisses.The opposite sexes should never kiss in public.

J Diddy
04-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Men sometimes hold hands with each other in Saudi Arabia (although not with women in public). Holding hands with another man is a sign of friendship. Saudi men often greet each other with kisses.The opposite sexes should never kiss in public.

Was there tongue or no tongue?

Dr. Van Halen
04-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know what the proper diplomatic protocol is when a president meets a king? There is etiquette to follow in all such situations.

alanm
04-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know what the proper diplomatic protocol is when a president meets a king? There is etiquette to follow in all such situations. Basically just to extend formal greetings and a hand shake. That's really all that's required. Obama executed a protocol gaffe for a POTUS. :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Hey, look mom, a bitter cunt who will take any motion to try and reinforce her fucktardery!!

patteeu
04-05-2009, 07:30 AM
http://911review.org/humor/img/saudi-taste.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/2496409613_08d918d1f8.jpg

Are those pictures of Bush kissing (and holding hands with) the King or of the King kissing (and holding hands with) Bush? I can't tell.

By contrast, we do know who was bowing to whom. Disgraceful.

Simplex3
04-05-2009, 08:17 AM

Holding hands, cheek kissing, hand shaking, these are all signs of mutual respect in one culture or another.

Bowing to a king is a sign of servitude.

***SPRAYER
04-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I expect all of those who :cuss: or LMAO at Bush for sucking up to the Saudi king to be likewise disgusted and outraged.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ed0Qp2vxkSQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ed0Qp2vxkSQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He looks like he is mistaking the king for Larry Sinclair.

memyselfI
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Apparently someone at the WH is denying the bow was a bow. ROFL

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0409/White_House_No_bow_to_Saudi.html

patteeu
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Apparently someone at the WH is denying the bow was a bow. ROFL

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0409/White_House_No_bow_to_Saudi.html

Wow, that's hilarious.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The bow itself is bad enough. The lie about the bow is ridiculous. They must think we're all morons.

FWIW, the video clearly shows that Obama only used one hand to grasp the Kings hand. His other hand was on his own thigh during his subservient gesture.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEUif1--r38&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEUif1--r38&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This video compares his greeting of Queen Elizabeth with the bow to King Abdullah. It actually looks like he bows to the Queen ever so slightly too, but not enough to complain about as it could just be a head bob.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4gJtIss7xso&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4gJtIss7xso&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wild1
04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
a succinct summation of our new foreign policy

the fact that they are lying about something so obvious and so inconsequential really says something though.

alanm
04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
a succinct summation of our new foreign policy

the fact that they are lying about something so obvious and so inconsequential really says something though.
Buyers remorse is a mother f*cker. :spock:

HonestChieffan
04-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Same day he announces to the muslims that the US is no longer Christian. This guy is bad bad news people.

memyselfI
04-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Obow just has to convince the media. If he can convince them he had gas or a side stitch or saw something shiny and wanted to pick it up then the Bots will fall in line.

Messier
04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Obow just has to convince the media. If he can convince them he had gas or a side stitch or saw something shiny and wanted to pick it up then the Bots will fall in line.

What are you talking about? Convince the media? The only place I've heard of this is on here. This isn't an international incident. I don't think people care. Only those that really hate Obama care. I guess there is an exact opposite of an Obot, just as mindless and automatic. You could be their leader.

memyselfI
04-09-2009, 07:17 AM
What are you talking about? Convince the media? The only place I've heard of this is on here. This isn't an international incident. I don't think people care. Only those that really hate Obama care. I guess there is an exact opposite of an Obot, just as mindless and automatic. You could be their leader.

Pull your head out of Obummer's azz and get up to speed. Even his supporters can't explain this one.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_090409.htm

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/04/08/bow/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8329824&mesg_id=8329824

Duck Dog
04-09-2009, 07:22 AM

It's not OK for your leader to bow to anyone. It shows subservience. Does this make it more simple for you?

HonestChieffan
04-09-2009, 07:30 AM
It's not OK for your leader to bow to anyone. It shows subservience. Does this make it more simple for you?

I wonder if this is really how Obama wants his followers to behave around him?

Duck Dog
04-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I wonder if this is really how Obama wants his followers to behave around him?

I wonder where he got the notion we or he should be subservient to anyone? He's turning into an apologetic version of Carter.

jAZ
04-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Wow, that's hilarious.

The bow itself is bad enough. The lie about the bow is ridiculous. They must think we're all morons.

I don't know who said that, but it's a completely stupid claim, of someone who clearly didn't watch the video or is speaking of some technical protocol distinction I'm not aware of. Seems to me it's more likely a stupid lie by someone who refused to go on record. My guess is the PC will get a formal statement that refutes the claims of whoever this schmoe was.

This video compares his greeting of Queen Elizabeth with the bow to King Abdullah. It actually looks like he bows to the Queen ever so slightly too, but not enough to complain about as it could just be a head bob.
He bows to both.

And there is nothing wrong with it. When a non-subject does it, it's a gesture of respect (ala Japan). Hell, even in Brittan, I don't think most of them make the gesture because they actually feel subjegated to the Queen. Just formal protocol and respect for the tradition.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LvbKr1qMr_AC&pg=PA4&lpg=PA4&dq=royalty+bowing&source=bl&ots=ofvYLswRM2&sig=5bBax3dTh0769vk1buQUo1sEJFc&hl=en&ei=AffdSZaoOpbflQfAtJyZDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#PPA6,M1

The mere fact that Denise is racing back to post this stuff is about all the proof you need that it's little more than a fun chance to play "gotcha" politics. The objections are stupid, the distinctions from hand holding and kissing are petty and trivial.

I think it was a smart move because it's the sort of gesture (much like the hand holding and kissing) that are shocking to culturally ignorant people here being lead around for political purposes, but it also means more to the rest of the world, than it does here. It shows Bush and Obama in a favorable light in muslim nations.

patteeu
04-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't know who said that, but it's a completely stupid claim, of someone who clearly didn't watch the video or is speaking of some technical protocol distinction I'm not aware of. Seems to me it's more likely a stupid lie by someone who refused to go on record. My guess is the PC will get a formal statement that refutes the claims of whoever this schmoe was.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LvbKr1qMr_AC&pg=PA4&lpg=PA4&dq=royalty+bowing&source=bl&ots=ofvYLswRM2&sig=5bBax3dTh0769vk1buQUo1sEJFc&hl=en&ei=AffdSZaoOpbflQfAtJyZDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#PPA6,M1

He bows to both.

And there is nothing wrong with it. When a non-subject does it, it's a gesture of respect (ala Japan). Hell, even in Brittan, I don't think most of them make the gesture because they actually feel subjegated to the Queen. Just formal protocol and respect for the tradition.

The mere fact that Denise is racing back to post this stuff is about all the proof you need that it's little more than a fun chance to play "gotcha" politics. The objections are stupid, the distinctions from hand holding and kissing are petty and trivial.

I think it was a smart move because it's the sort of gesture (much like the hand holding and kissing) that are shocking to culturally ignorant people here being lead around for political purposes, but it also means more to the rest of the world, than it does here. It shows Bush and Obama in a favorable light in muslim nations.

If it was really "formal protocol and respect for tradition", (a) the Obama administration would have pointed that out already, and (b) the normally Obama-supportive mainstream media would have rounded up some examples of the same behavior from past presidents from their video archives. Neither of those things have happened and I seriously doubt that a one way bow (as opposed to mutual bows) is something our POTUS does by way of protocol.

Messier
04-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Pull your head out of Obummer's azz and get up to speed. Even his supporters can't explain this one.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_090409.htm

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/04/08/bow/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8329824&mesg_id=8329824

Those links are all about how conservatives will make hay about the bow.

"Apparent Obama Bow To Saudi King Angers Conservatives" is how one starts.

I guess they're right.

Duck Dog
04-09-2009, 07:58 AM
He bows to both.

And there is nothing wrong with it.

We do not bow to 'Royalty'. You show respect with a firm handshake ('cept with the Queen), eye contact and a proper greeting. Some of you just don't get that there are protocols that should be followed.

Duck Dog
04-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Those links are all about how conservatives will make hay about the bow.

"Apparent Obama Bow To Saudi King Angers Conservatives" is how one starts.

I guess they're right.

You should have read past the first one. LMAO

Messier
04-09-2009, 08:00 AM
You should have read past the first one. LMAO

I did.

Messier
04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
The second one is also about how Obama doesn't need to give Conservatives something to talk about, and the third is from DU, where lots' of people like memyselfI post.

jAZ
04-09-2009, 08:06 AM
If it was really "formal protocol and respect for tradition", (a) the Obama administration would have pointed that out already
They haven't pointed anything out yet.

(b) the normally Obama-supportive mainstream media would have rounded up some examples of the same behavior from past presidents from their video archives.
Umm... the media covers the scandal! and conflict of these sorts of things.

But unless the right can drag this back through a question at a PC, it was a one day news story at most.

And there are other examples Reagan bowed to the Queen. Nancy Reagan caused a stink with she refused to cutsey. Here's Carla Bruni doing the same before the queen.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/07/article-1018527-00B47FAD00000578-68_468x679.jpg

Mrs Bruni-Sarkozy admitted that she took a crash course in royal protocol before the visit. "I asked for advice from the protocol section of the Elysee, but also from the British Ambassador's wife. I tried to imagine how to do the curtsey."

That you are ignorant (or hoping to benefit from *scandal!* doesn't make you right.

RINGLEADER
04-09-2009, 08:17 AM
He bows to both.

And there is nothing wrong with it.

The Obama administration seems to disagree with you.

patteeu
04-09-2009, 08:18 AM
They haven't pointed anything out yet.

Yes, that's what I said. If there was any truth to your theory, they would have.

Umm... the media covers the scandal! and conflict of these sorts of things.

But unless the right can drag this back through a question at a PC, it was a one day news story at most.

And there are other examples Reagan bowed to the Queen. Nancy Reagan caused a stink with she refused to cutsey. Here's Carla Bruni doing the same before the queen.

*** img removed ***

Mrs Bruni-Sarkozy admitted that she took a crash course in royal protocol before the visit. "I asked for advice from the protocol section of the Elysee, but also from the British Ambassador's wife. I tried to imagine how to do the curtsey."

That you are ignorant (or hoping to benefit from *scandal!* doesn't make you right.

Your desperation to defend Obama and your willingness to ignore common sense doesn't make you right either. In the end, it will be the facts that make me right. I don't expect Obama to be impeached over this or anything, but it's another in a growing list of examples of the Obama administration's incompetency.

RINGLEADER
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM

I don't remember Nancy or Carla being president of the United States. As far as Reagan bowing to the Queen of England is concerned, I'm pretty sure he was being received by her on UK soil wasn't he?

Also didn't see any other foreign representatives publicly groveling to the Saudi king at the G20.

VAChief
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't remember Nancy or Carla being president of the United States. As far as Reagan bowing to the Queen of England is concerned, I'm pretty sure he was being received by her on UK soil wasn't he?

Also didn't see any other foreign representatives publicly groveling to the Saudi king at the G20.

Would you prefer he slipped him the tongue? Apparently that is acceptable protocol by the right. What a stupid thing to be concerned about. Any reasonable person knows these things don't mean a damn thing to us. It is all for their local formal ceremonies. Every President has had their protocol gaffes. They shouldn't even explain it. If this is where the energy is going from republicans, it is no wonder their approval numbers keep going down.

jAZ
04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Yes, that's what I said. If there was any truth to your theory, they would have.

That's a lie and I say that because you are smart and savvy enough to know the following. Their commenting at all on a 3 day old 1 day non-story, that has long since slipped off the national radar (for the moment) would only serve to bring it back up. And that serves no purpose. If they are asked at the next PC, that we give them to window to address it (and hopefully the answer is what I said, not that nonsense the unidentified person said).

jAZ
04-09-2009, 08:43 AM
...these things don't mean a damn thing to us...

Everyone here knows this.

They know it's all pure policial gaming.

RL and patteeu are sinking to denise's and the rest's level of dishonesty by engaging in it while being unwilling to acknowledge it as such.

jAZ
04-09-2009, 08:46 AM
:doh!:Your desperation to defend Obama and your willingness to ignore common sense doesn't make you right either. In the end, it will be the facts that make me right. I don't expect Obama to be impeached over this or anything, but it's another in a growing list of examples of the Obama administration's incompetency.

Yes, Reagain and Obama... brothers in incompetency because ... wait for it... they bowed to a Royal.

*gasp*

patteeu
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
:doh!:

Yes, Reagain and Obama... brothers in incompetency because ... wait for it... they bowed to a Royal.

*gasp*

Bowing to the Saudi King is one of many red flags indicating Obama incompetency. I don't know anything about any Reagan bow. I don't even have much confidence that you're telling the truth.

Duck Dog
04-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I did.

Then your analysis is waaaaaay off. Either that or your reading comprehension and memory skills are left wanting.

VAChief
04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
We do not bow to 'Royalty'. You show respect with a firm handshake ('cept with the Queen), eye contact and a proper greeting. Some of you just don't get that there are protocols that should be followed.

Firm handshake? For how long? If after a few seconds does a common law agreement kick in? How about after smooching? Are there international protocols for swapping spit?

jAZ
04-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Bowing to the Saudi King is one of many red flags indicating Obama incompetency.

I'm going to apologize for this in advance, but I can't help it. I think you've earned it here.

Reagan sold f**king weapons to Iran, f**king chemical and biological weapons to Iraq and made Osama Bin Laden into the f**cking terrorist kinpin he is today.

AND he bowed to the Queen of England.

Red flags my ass.

jAZ
04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
If they are asked at the next PC, that we give them to window to address it (and hopefully the answer is what I said, not that nonsense the unidentified person said).

*sigh*

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Briefing-by-White-House-Press-Secretary-Robert-Gibbs-4/9/09/

Q And then one unrelated question. When the President met with King Abdullah, there was something that took place that I believe the White House explained as just the President being taller than the King. We took a look at the video, and it does appear that the President actually bowed to King Abdullah. Did he bow or didn't he?
MR. GIBBS: Well, I think he bent over with both -- to shake with both hands to shake his hand. So I don't --
Q It appears to show one hand, that he was just --
MR. GIBBS: Well, I --
Q Did he bow or didn't he?
MR. GIBBS: No. But I think this meeting was like a week ago, right?
Q That's right, but this is something that a lot of people are still talking about today.
MR. GIBBS: I can only imagine it is of great cause and concern for many people struggling with the economy. (Laughter.)

At least he got that last part right.

memyselfI
04-10-2009, 06:39 AM
*sigh*

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Briefing-by-White-House-Press-Secretary-Robert-Gibbs-4/9/09/

Q And then one unrelated question. When the President met with King Abdullah, there was something that took place that I believe the White House explained as just the President being taller than the King. We took a look at the video, and it does appear that the President actually bowed to King Abdullah. Did he bow or didn't he?
MR. GIBBS: Well, I think he bent over with both -- to shake with both hands to shake his hand. So I don't --
Q That's right, but this is something that a lot of people are still talking about today.
MR. GIBBS: I can only imagine it is of great cause and concern for many people struggling with the economy. (Laughter.)

Translation: Believe what we tell you not what your eyes see.

Bots everywhere fall back in line.

Amnorix
04-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Watched the video. He did bow. It's silly to pretend otherwise.

What he did with the Queen of England was either a bow or a nod of the head in acknowledgement.

Neither is anything I care remotely about. This falls into hte category of obsessing over insignificant horsecrap that both parties do about the other side when they hold the oval office. I never care about that stuff.

Messier
04-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Translation: Believe what we tell you not what your eyes see.

Bots everywhere fall back in line.

Your eyes see what they want on both sides. You don't like Obama so you see international incident and America's subservience to the Saudi king. I admit I really like Obama, but I have to tell you if Bush had done this I really don't think I'd have cared. Oh, I'm sure I'd think to myself, because of the Bush family history with the Saudies that it looks bad, but I wouldn't go FOX news with it and proclaim that the US now recognizes the Saudies as the true power.

patteeu
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm going to apologize for this in advance, but I can't help it. I think you've earned it here.

Reagan sold f**king weapons to Iran, f**king chemical and biological weapons to Iraq and made Osama Bin Laden into the f**cking terrorist kinpin he is today.

AND he bowed to the Queen of England.

Red flags my ass.

In the case of the Iranian arms deal, you're confusing policy disagreements with incompetence. And Reagan did not sell chemical or biological weapons to Iraq nor did he make Osama bin Laden into anything. I remain skeptical about the bow to the Queen.

patteeu
04-10-2009, 08:01 AM
*sigh*

If it was really "formal protocol and respect for tradition", (a) the Obama administration would have pointed that out already,...

Convinced yet?

memyselfI
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Your eyes see what they want on both sides. You don't like Obama so you see international incident and America's subservience to the Saudi king. I admit I really like Obama, but I have to tell you if Bush had done this I really don't think I'd have cared. Oh, I'm sure I'd think to myself, because of the Bush family history with the Saudies that it looks bad, but I wouldn't go FOX news with it and proclaim that the US now recognizes the Saudies as the true power.

Honey, Obummer's been in office for two months. If he's already bowing and showing a willingness to be subservient to the Saudi king then I have no doubt he'll be equal to if not WORSE than any Republican as far as sucking up to the Saudis.

jAZ
04-10-2009, 08:06 AM

That's where denise is resigned herself to. "go(ing) FOX news" on Obama. She can't complain about almost any of his policies, in fact, while she can't bring herself to admit it, she is truely in line with his policies and his politics, almost 100%. Which is why she focuses on the non-sensical *gotcha* issues that fall one step short of fake birth certificiates (or did I miss her being on that train too?).

She has the luxury of not having someone in office she actually opposes on the merits. So she's free to "go FOX news" without risking any real damage by being distracted by these ridiculous things.

You'll notice that most of the Conservatives around here don't spend their energy creating threads on these ridiculous topics (saudi bow!!!, teleprompter!!!, Obummer!!!, teleprompter!!!, Doombama!!!, women sit down!!!, Messiah!!!, Old Boss!!!, New Boss!!!, Obomba!!!).

They tend to focus on their objections to differences Obama has with them on policy issues. They don't have the same luxury as denise, though the benefit from her having joined their team despite there being zero overlap in policy views.

Amnorix
04-10-2009, 08:08 AM
In the case of the Iranian arms deal, you're confusing policy disagreements with incompetence. And Reagan did not sell chemical or biological weapons to Iraq nor did he make Osama bin Laden into anything. I remain skeptical about the bow to the Queen.

Well, Reagan and his team were either incompetent or just blatantly breaking the law. Your choice.

Meanwhile, rumors of our sales of chem/bio weapons to Iraq have swirled for decades.

Details about Iraq killing Iranians with US-supplied chemical and biological weapons significantly deepens our understanding of the current hypocrisy. It began with "Iraq-gate" -- when US policy makers, financiers, arms-suppliers and makers, made massive profits from sales to Iraq of myriad chemical, biological, conventional weapons, and the equipment to make nuclear weapons. Reporter Russ Baker noted, for example, that, "on July 3, 1991, the Financial Times reported that a Florida company run by an Iraqi national had produced cyanide -- some of which went to Iraq for use in chemical weapons -- and had shipped it via a CIA contractor." This was just the tip of a mountain of scandals.

http://www.counterpunch.org/boles1010.html

jAZ
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Convinced yet?

My judgement on the matter hasn't changed one bit. It *is* a formal protocol. It's rather unclear why they would deny what's clearly on video as the response to the manufactured outrage among the fringe the manufacturers. Instead, I'd admit that it was a gesture of goodwill and leave it at that.

But no, your past logic of "if it were this then they would have said so by now" is as obviously false now as then.

patteeu
04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Well, Reagan and his team were either incompetent or just blatantly breaking the law. Your choice.

I don't believe there were any laws against selling those weapons to the Iranians. And I'm not certain that they broke the letter of the law in funneling the proceeds to the Contras although they certainly pissed on it's spirit.

Meanwhile, rumors of our sales of chem/bio weapons to Iraq have swirled for decades.

http://www.counterpunch.org/boles1010.html

We sold dual use materials to the Iraqis and, perhaps, looked the other way as they converted them to military use. We didn't sell them chemical weapons though.

patteeu
04-10-2009, 08:26 AM
My judgement on the matter hasn't changed one bit. It *is* a formal protocol. It's rather unclear why they would deny what's clearly on video as the response to the manufactured outrage among the fringe the manufacturers. Instead, I'd admit that it was a gesture of goodwill and leave it at that.

But no, your past logic of "if it were this then they would have said so by now" is as obviously false now as then.

OK, so you're going with incompetence. I'm sticking with both.

jAZ
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
We sold dual use materials to the Iraqis and, perhaps, looked the other way as they converted them to military use. We didn't sell them chemical weapons though.
OK, so you're going with incompetence.

patteeu
04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
OK, so you're going with incompetence.

I don't get it.

jAZ
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't get it.

I don't believe that.

memyselfI
04-10-2009, 08:56 AM
That's where denise is resigned herself to. "go(ing) FOX news" on Obama. She can't complain about almost any of his policies, in fact, while she can't bring herself to admit it, she is truely in line with his policies and his politics, almost 100%.

Bull Shit. I've posted threads where I disagree with or show where he's broken promises he made to change things. You're Obsession is just too blind to see it.

Other than his stem cell stance, I have not seen one high profile policy that is significantly different than or change from the status quo. MOF, I've seen a whole lot of Bush overlap and continuation when the opposite was intended when the guy was elected. When/If Gitmo is closed and not reopened or restructured then he will get credit for this. When the Iraq war is over then he will get credit for that. I anticipate there will be a big azzed * by both of these as this WH has already shown a propensity to say one thing and do another or do something and say they did another.

patteeu
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Bull Shit. I've posted threads where I disagree with or show where he's broken promises he made to change things. You're Obsession is just too blind to see it.

Other than his stem cell stance, I have not seen one policy that is significantly different than or change from the status quo. When/If Gitmo is closed and not reopened or restructured then he will get credit for this. When the Iraq war is over then he will get credit for that. I anticipate there will be a big azzed * by both of these as this WH has already shown a propensity to say one thing and do another or do something and say they did another.

FYI, they're talking about not meeting the June deadline to get troops out of Iraqi cities now.

Messier
04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Honey, Obummer's been in office for two months. If he's already bowing and showing a willingness to be subservient to the Saudi king then I have no doubt he'll be equal to if not WORSE than any Republican as far as sucking up to the Saudis.

I don't think this shows Obamas willingness to be subservient. This is where you are Foxing it up. Next you'll be calculating the number of degrees Obama bowed like Hanity did. Oh and don't call me honey, ok sugar?

jAZ
04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Credit to Little Green Footballs for being far more intellectually honest and far more sane than most here:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/33289_Bush_Bowed_Too

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/ZZ72682359.jpg

jAZ
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM

Other than his stem cell stance, I have not seen one high profile policy that is significantly different than or change from the status quo. MOF, I've seen a whole lot of Bush overlap and continuation when the opposite was intended when the guy was elected. When/If Gitmo is closed and not reopened or restructured then he will get credit for this. When the Iraq war is over then he will get credit for that. I anticipate there will be a big azzed * by both of these as this WH has already shown a propensity to say one thing and do another or do something and say they did another.

<s>Nice</s> Poor deflection.

jAZ
04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
This is Obama's agenda.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/

You agree with most of it.

patteeu
04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Credit to Little Green Footballs for being far more intellectually honest and far more sane than most here:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/33289_Bush_Bowed_Too

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/ZZ72682359.jpg

:rolleyes: You'll say just about anything to defend Obama. That's not a bow. He was receiving a medal. If you're going to be dishonest, at least pick spots where it's not going to be so easily discovered.

Amnorix
04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
As Pat said, he was receiving a medal. It was clearly not a bow. Not that I give a crap about any of this faux outrage.

http://imagesource.cnn.com/imagesource/player.swf?streamer=rtmp://isfms.cnn.com/vod&file=mp4:895/05281895&type=video&controlbar=none&autostart=true&width=480&height=324

jAZ
04-22-2009, 03:38 AM
:rolleyes: You'll say just about anything to defend Obama.
First...
I don't know who said (it's not a bow), but it's a completely stupid claim... Seems to me it's more likely a stupid lie by someone who refused to go on record.

Second...I said credit LGF, that's it. That's important because...

Third, you miss the point entirely.

I agree completely Bush is most certainly merely bowing to recieve the medal.

My point is that even a hardline Con blog like LGF has the sanity to admit that this is a complete stupid f*cking issue to be foaming over.

I can make a similarly loony, yet seemingly defensible claim that Bush is breaking protocol and subjecting himself to the King and that Bush should NEVER do such a thing. I can point out that Bush is hardly much taller than the Saudi King. Certainly not so tall that it requires that Bush take such a submissive posture before a Royalty. Hell, with a 30 second youtube search for a clip of the medal ceremony in olympic basketball you can see Spain's team almost to the man standing upright and tipping just their head forward...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajGrVY4wBR8

And these guys are all about 6-12 inches taller than the guys putting the medals on them.

You don't have to bow at the waist as Bush did. It's both unnecessary and (as is argued here) complete unacceptable breach of protocol, that no American President should ever do.

Now of course, the reason that all of this is the dumbest discussion in a long time, is that submission isn't a gesture, but a state of mind. And we have no idea the state of mind of Obama or Bush.

It's as reasonable to conclude that Bush wasn't subjecting himself to the Saudi King as it is that Obama wasn't submitting to anyone.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to reason that since Obama is *the* most powerful human being on the face of the earth at the moment... he's second to no one, but most especially not a member of the Saudi Royal family who's status only exists because we permit him to maintain it for our benefit.

Instead Obama was offering an honorable (if empty from our side) gesture of respect to not only the Saudi King, but more importantly to the pepole of Saudi Arabia who are represented by the King. A simple gesture that means far more to THEM that it does to us.

Those who are outraged because the Saudi King doesn't deserve any such gesture of respect are far more justified in their criticism than you or anyone else babbling the insanity of submission.

Of course recongnizing this would take an ounce of intellectual honesty. Something that even LGF has more of than you or just about any Con in this forum.

jAZ
04-22-2009, 03:42 AM
...this faux outrage.

That is exactly the point.

patteeu
04-22-2009, 04:23 AM
What Bush did and what Obama did aren't even comparable. It's stupid to cling to the idea that they are.

Credit to you though for assuming that Obama's gesture, like so much of what Obama does, is hollow and doesn't represent what he truly believes. I agree. But that doesn't change the fact that he did the wrong thing.

jAZ
04-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Credit to you though for assuming that Obama's gesture, like so much of what Obama does, is hollow and doesn't represent what he truly believes.
So the good news with this post is that you have gone from talk of Obama actually being subservient to an admission that Obama is in no way being subservient at all.

Kudos to you for finding your way to the heart of the remarkably pathetic, raging insecurity here that is on display in this thread.

patteeu
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
So the good news with this post is that you have gone from talk of Obama actually being subservient to an admission that Obama is in no way being subservient at all.

Kudos to you for finding your way to the heart of the remarkably pathetic, raging insecurity here that is on display in this thread.

You must truly be a moron if you think my opinion regarding Obama's bow or the way I talk about it has changed at all since the beginning of this thread.

jAZ
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
You must truly be a moron if you think my opinion regarding Obama's bow or the way I talk about it has changed at all since the beginning of this thread.

I must have missed the part earlier where you acknowledged that Obama was in no way being subervient at all.

patteeu
04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
I must have missed the part earlier where you acknowledged that Obama was in no way being subervient at all.

That would be because I don't acknowledge that. As I said earlier in the thread, he was acting subservient. That doesn't speak to his state of mind. It was an incompetent symbolic gesture, not a heartfelt oath of fealty. No one asked me if I thought it was an empty gesture or not but I would think that my track record on Obama would prevent it from being too much of a shock to you that I think it was.

jAZ
04-22-2009, 10:20 AM
That would be because I don't acknowledge that. As I said earlier in the thread, he was acting subservient. That doesn't speak to his state of mind. It was an incompetent symbolic gesture, not a heartfelt oath of fealty. No one asked me if I thought it was an empty gesture or not but I would think that my track record on Obama would prevent it from being too much of a shock to you that I think it was.

Well, I have no idea what your expected to gain from that post by at first saying "I don't acknowledge ("that Obama was in no way being subervient at all") and then continuing on to acknowledge ("that Obama was in no way being subervient at all"), but merely a "symbolic gesture, not a heartfelt oath of fealty".

But whatever floats your boat.

patteeu
04-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Well, I have no idea what your expected to gain from that post by at first saying "I don't acknowledge ("that Obama was in no way being subervient at all") and then continuing on to acknowledge ("that Obama was in no way being subervient at all"), but merely a "symbolic gesture, not a heartfelt oath of fealty".

But whatever floats your boat.

"Obama was in no way being subervient at all" suggests a totality that I can't agree with. I'm confident that he wasn't thinking to himself that he was the King's servant and he probably wouldn't have gone out back to wash the King's car if the King had commanded him to do so (although I'm not going to bet my life on it), but he was clearly acting subservient. In at least that one way, he was "being subservient".

jAZ
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
"Obama was in no way being subervient at all" suggests a totality that I can't agree with. I'm confident that he wasn't thinking to himself that he was the King's servant and he probably wouldn't have gone out back to wash the King's car if the King had commanded him to do so (although I'm not going to bet my life on it), but he was clearly acting subservient. In at least that one way, he was "being subservient".

"acting" <> "being". In fact "acting" by making "an empty gesture" is quite the opposite of "being".

patteeu
04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
"acting" <> "being". In fact "acting" by making "an empty gesture" is quite the opposite of "being".

I understand your confusion. My position hasn't changed.

jAZ
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I understand your confusion. My position hasn't changed.

That facts and logic have no impact on your political positions, is nothing new.

VAChief
04-22-2009, 12:06 PM

I don't think President Bush was acting overtly homosexual when he kissed the male King on the lips and held his hand either (although I wouldn't bet my life on it either). However he was clearly acting gay.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Sometimes in life, you have to kiss a little ass. So pucker up.

patteeu
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't think President Bush was acting overtly homosexual when he kissed the male King on the lips and held his hand either (although I wouldn't bet my life on it either). However he was clearly acting gay.

OK. You got your words mixed up a little bit (don't think he was acting, however he was clearly acting), but I think I know what you're going for here and I don't have a problem with it. :)

VAChief
04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
OK. You got your words mixed up a little bit (don't think he was acting, however he was clearly acting), but I think I know what you're going for here and I don't have a problem with it. :)

Well it is all a little silly to infer. Bush is not nearly the idiot that he is portrayed at times (and I have fallen into that easy trap as well), but it is at least equally appalling how easily some seem to engage the notion that our POTUS is a traitor.

I didn't often agree with Bush and Cheney, but I don't think either one is a traitor or intentionally want to see harm come to our country.

patteeu
04-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Well it is all a little silly to infer. Bush is not nearly the idiot that he is portrayed at times (and I have fallen into that easy trap as well), but it is at least equally appalling how easily some seem to engage the notion that our POTUS is a traitor.

I didn't often agree with Bush and Cheney, but I don't think either one is a traitor or intentionally want to see harm come to our country.

Traitor? Where did that come from?

VAChief
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Traitor? Where did that come from?

I'm sorry I didn't mean you in particular.