PDA

View Full Version : Friday Mock Draft on NFLNetwork has us taking...

Coogs
04-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Eugene Monroe at #3 and moving Albert to RT. That was Mayock's draft anyway. Don't know if anybody else is going to have one today or not.

Tribal Warfare
04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Mayock keeps showing how big of an idiot he really is.

Saccopoo
04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Eugene Monroe at #3 and moving Albert to RT. That was Mayock's draft anyway. Don't know if anybody else is going to have one today or not.

Tell Mayock to quit reading my hypotheticals here on Chiefs Planet. Effer needs to get a better source than me.

booger
04-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Taking a LT at 3 and moving a guy we picked at 15 to RT....... Normally I'm ok with this. The major problem in this thinking is Albert has adjusted very well to LT and has the long arms and frame to only get better. He's not Roaf but he may be comparrable some day. You don't move a guy like that.

Instead if we trade down for a team looking to move up for a LT or QB and take a guy like Oher at say 12 or Britton if we are down in the 20's somehow that would fit to builing that OL and putting one of those 2 at RT.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Mike Mayock draft genius....uh huh.

googlegoogle
04-03-2009, 07:16 PM
We aren't taking Curry.

acesn8s
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Taking a LT at 3 and moving a guy we picked at 15 to RT....... Normally I'm ok with this. The major problem in this thinking is Albert has adjusted very well to LT and has the long arms and frame to only get better. He's not Roaf but he may be comparrable some day. You don't move a guy like that.

Instead if we trade down for a team looking to move up for a LT or QB and take a guy like Oher at say 12 or Britton if we are down in the 20's somehow that would fit to builing that OL and putting one of those 2 at RT.Why have Albert move to RT. Why not G? You know, like he played in college?

Mecca
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Tackles are much more valuable than guards would be the first reason.

Sfeihc
04-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Mike Mayock draft genius....uh huh.

He's no more a genius than you or I but he has access to all the info and a spot on the NFLN. Maybe his ass will get shipped out with Schefter?

Mecca
04-03-2009, 07:37 PM
He's no more a genius than you or I but he has access to all the info and a spot on the NFLN. Maybe his ass will get shipped out with Schefter?

Mike Mayock is horrendous at rating players and doing a "board' he's good on draft day because he has sources that will tell him who the teams likely picks are, I just wish people would understand what he is.

booger
04-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Why have Albert move to RT. Why not G? You know, like he played in college?

That's just it. I wouldn't move him period. Not because he was chosen with the 15th pick and some don't want to take a G or RT that high. Not because we will have a shot at one of the LT's at 3 this year. But just because he is more than holding his own and seems to have a really good future at LT.

KCwolf
04-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Mike Mayock is horrendous at rating players and doing a "board' he's good on draft day because he has sources that will tell him who the teams likely picks are, I just wish people would understand what he is.

You may very well be correct ..... but on draft day, he (or his sources) are better than good.

htismaqe
04-03-2009, 08:17 PM
That's just it. I wouldn't move him period. Not because he was chosen with the 15th pick and some don't want to take a G or RT that high. Not because we will have a shot at one of the LT's at 3 this year. But just because he is more than holding his own and seems to have a really good future at LT.

Thank you.

Moving Albert is just dumb.

chiefs1111
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Man,this is a really shitty year to be picking number 3

booger
04-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Thank you.

Moving Albert is just dumb.

some of these guys and their mocks need to watch some game film.

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Not really, Cassel trade made it pretty worthless if they decide to keep him or the pick thats why it seems sucky. 2 legit LTs and 2 legit QBs are a nice thing for every draft.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 08:33 PM

It wasn't till we decided to move for Matt Cassel in pretty typical Chiefs fashion.

booger
04-03-2009, 08:34 PM

those 45 plus Jr.'s that came out and made last years class so deep..........we are seeing the negative of that this year.

History tells us that it sure doesn't happen, trading back in the top 5/10, but with LT's and a QB that will be there when we pick, dropping back if we can get the value is option #1 in my mind. We shall see i guess. Should make things interesting anyhow.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
those 45 plus Jr.'s that came out and made last years class so deep..........we are seeing the negative of that this year.

History tells us that it sure doesn't happen, trading back in the top 5/10, but with LT's and a QB that will be there when we pick, dropping back if we can get the value is option #1 in my mind. We shall see i guess. Should make things interesting anyhow.

Actually um that isn't really the problem, there's still depth it's just the top 4 players in this years draft are QB's and LT's...we have a LT and then fucked our value for QB.

booger
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Actually um that isn't really the problem, there's still depth it's just the top 4 players in this years draft are QB's and LT's...we have a LT and then ****ed our value for QB.

it sure helped last year with Flowers dropping to us in the 2nd and charles in the 3rd. This year they would probably go higher.

Pioli took a chance with Cassel, but knows him well and the risk isn't as high giving up the 2nd.

It's not really worth hashing out. I'm not apposed to see how Cassel does a year or two before getting too upset. Just on different sides of the fence on this one.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 08:43 PM
The draft is still deep there are juniors that declare every year....the WR spot is much better...there are RB's are there are every year, it's a pretty general draft.

We just think it's not as good because the things we want aren't there unless you wanted a QB.

Coogs
04-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Maybe not. If we would somehow draft Sanchez or Crabtree we might be in the chips.

SBK
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
I know I'm not the only one that thinks when they're both retired Albert will be considered a better LT than Monroe.

htismaqe
04-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I know I'm not the only one that thinks when they're both retired Albert will be considered a better LT than Monroe.

:bravo:

milkman
04-04-2009, 08:35 AM

No, you are not.

philfree
04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I think this would be a weird pick. Taking first round LTs from the same school two years in a row?

PhilFree:arrow:

DaneMcCloud
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I think this would be a weird pick. Taking first round LTs from the same school two years in a row?

As much as I despise the pick of Monroe at #3, I'd take him over Jesus Curryst any day of the week.

There could be worse things to have than bookend tackles. Even if it it's two lefts.

Quick question: Why wouldn't Monroe be shifted to the right side? Why does everyone automatically assume that in that draft scenario, Albert would be the guy to move?

philfree
04-04-2009, 10:29 PM
As much as I despise the pick of Monroe at #3, I'd take him over Jesus Curryst any day of the week.

There could be worse things to have than bookend tackles. Even if it it's two lefts.

Quick question: Why wouldn't Monroe be shifted to the right side? Why does everyone automatically assume that in that draft scenario, Albert would be the guy to move?

This draft is to deep at O line to for us to draft another T in the 1st round. I'm not saying Pioli won't pick a T with the 3rd pick but I wouldn't.

keg in kc
04-04-2009, 10:35 PM
No, you are not.No, he is not.

Gary
04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
It wasn't till we decided to move for Matt Cassel in pretty typical Chiefs fashion.
Maybe Pioli's plan all along was to wait until the Broncos traded Cutler away, then he will offer up McDaniels' boy Cassel in exchange for the 12 or 20 pick(all pending Stafford dropping to us). Damn...he is a genius:thumb:

TRR
04-04-2009, 11:59 PM

So you would rather reach for Sanchez at #3 then have Cassel and our #3 pick?

Stafford is going #1 to Detroit IMHO.

Messier
04-05-2009, 08:51 AM

Sanchez isn't worth the third pick. I don't think he'll be very good.

milkman
04-05-2009, 09:01 AM
So you would rather reach for Sanchez at #3 then have Cassel and our #3 pick?

Yes, I would, though I won't call it a reach.

milkman
04-05-2009, 09:02 AM

I think he's going to be a top 3 NFL QB.

Brock
04-05-2009, 10:00 AM

Sanchez is worth the third pick. I think he'll be very good.

Messier
04-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Sanchez is worth the third pick. I think he'll be very good.

I disagree. I think he's the product of one of the best supporting casts in college. And he only started one season. He is more of a gamble than Cassel.

Basileus777
04-05-2009, 12:28 PM
For what it's worth, Scott Wright has said on his forums that the Chiefs interest in Monroe is legit.

Messier
04-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I think he's going to be a top 3 NFL QB.

He's the second best Qb in a weak QB class.

Basileus777
04-05-2009, 12:38 PM

The top of this QB class isn't weak, it's just that after the top 3 prospects there isn't anything.

Messier
04-05-2009, 12:45 PM
The top of this QB class isn't weak, it's just that after the top 3 prospects there isn't anything.

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the QB's available. Yeah, Stafford and Sanchez will go high, but I don't think we're gonna have a repeat of last year where the two top QB's were not only starting right away but leading winning teams. My guess it that none of the top three will start immediately.

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Short sided NFL fans. Its not about this year, its about the future.

milkman
04-05-2009, 12:49 PM

He's the second best QB in what is percieved to be a weak QB class.

But for my money, he has all the talent that you could hope for in a QB.

His arm isn't as strong as Stafford's, but it's plenty strong enough to make all the throws.
His accuracy, both in the pocket and on the move is uncanny.
His mechanics are nearly flawless, and makes throws that only a few QBs can make, like the one that Mayock shows in his highlights package in which he is standing flatfooted, feet spread apart, under pressure, and zips a perfect strike to a receiver on the move across the middle.

I also think he has "It", the intangibles that make great NFL QBs.

In watching how he handled pressure, how he interracted with his teammates and coaches, how he carried himself on and off the field, and hearing that he is a film study freak, I think he's the kind of leader and team player that teams rally around.

And I just don't know how many times we've discussed the "one of the best supporting casts in college" talent that surrounded him, and yet you ill informed people continue to make the same claim.

He played with a completely revamped O-Line, a stable of OK RBs, a WR who may be drafted in the latter stages of the draft at best, and soph WR was just feeling his way around the college game.

That, my friend, is not, by any stretch of the imagination, "one of the best supporting casts in college".

That, quite frankly is pure unadulterated bull shit.

Messier
04-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Yep. Good thing we have a young, good, up and coming QB that has NFL experience, instead of a crap shoot unknown commodity rookie QB.

milkman
04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Yep. Good thing we have a young, good, up and coming QB that has NFL experience, instead of a crap shoot unknown commodity rookie QB.

Yay!

We are this year's Cleveland Browns fans!

Messier
04-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Yay!

We are this year's Cleveland Browns fans!

Have fun rooting for Sanchez, whereever he goes.

Messier
04-05-2009, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=milkman;5642026]

In watching how he handled pressure, how he interracted with his teammates and coaches, how he carried himself on and off the field, and hearing that he is a film study freak, I think he's the kind of leader and team player that teams rally around.

QUOTE]

That's just how I feel about Cassel. And in watching him and the stories from fellow players this is accurate.

milkman
04-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Have fun rooting for Sanchez, whereever he goes.

I will.

Thank you.

milkman
04-05-2009, 01:00 PM

That's just how I feel about Cassel. And in watching him and the stories from fellow players this is accurate.

In reading how Cassel has handled himself and hearing the players talking about him, I am encouraged and have hope that he will prove those of us who doubt him wrong.

I can live with Cassel as the Chiefs QB if he proves to be a top 10 player at his position.

Messier
04-05-2009, 01:03 PM
In reading how Cassel has handled himself and hearing the players talking about him, I am encouraged and have hope that he will prove those of us who doubt him wrong.

I can live with Cassel as the Chiefs QB if he proves to be a top 10 player at his position.

Well then we both are hoping for Cassel to succeed. I guess I just think it's more likely than you do. Other than that it seems we agree. Yay!

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I think he's the product of one of the best supporting casts in college. oh em eff gee

Sanchez benefited from his "amazing" supporting cast, but Cassel did well in a vacuum.

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2009, 01:55 PM
He's the second best Qb in a weak QB class.It was a weak QB class because there is next to no depth and the seniors all fucking sucked. Then Stafford and Sanchez declared.

KChiefs1
04-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Mayock is basing Monroe to the Chiefs off the connection with Groh, Haley & Pioli.

htismaqe
04-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Makes me want to puke.

One of our best 1st-day draft picks in a FUCKING DECADE and we're gonna throw him to the curb...

kcbubb
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM

To you. To owners, GM's and coaches it's about winning and money. We will not take Sanchez. Won't happen.

If they liked Sanchez, they don't trade for Cassel. They draft Sanchez and let Thigpen start for a few games and then put in Sanchez. He becomes KC's future.

They obviously didn't like Sanchez enough.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Miss Cleo is here to tell everybody how it is.