PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security N.Korea launches rocket

chiefforlife
04-04-2009, 11:24 PM
U.S.: N. Korea launches rocket over Japan
North Korea launches a long-range rocket in what U.S. and South Korean officials deemed a provocative act. While the United States and South Korea confirmed the rocket launch, the payload of the rocket remains unclear. Preliminary data show that two objects, likely boosters from the rocket, apparently fell around Japan, one in the Sea of Japan and one in the Pacific Ocean. full storyhttp://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/05/north.korea.rocket/index.html

petegz28
04-04-2009, 11:27 PM
And no one is going to do jack-shit about it.

Tiger's Fan
04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
This was my favorite part "I urge North Korea to abide fully by the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council and to refrain from further provocative actions." Barry O.

chiefforlife
04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Not sure what could be done but it is definitely N.Korea giving the middle finger to the rest of the world.
If it is a satellite launch, why couldnt they have one?

petegz28
04-04-2009, 11:44 PM
This was my favorite part "I urge North Korea to abide fully by the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council and to refrain from further provocative actions." Barry O.

Or else what?

Guru
04-04-2009, 11:57 PM
OK, so NK launches a rocket and we just take their word for it being a satellite and do absolutely nothing about it other than talk a big game.

chiefforlife
04-05-2009, 12:00 AM
OK, so NK launches a rocket and we just take their word for it being a satellite and do absolutely nothing about it other than talk a big game.

You think we should have launched an attack?

alanm
04-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Or else what?Why..Why.. They might do something drastic. Like draw up a resolution or something. ROFL:spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Jeff Hardy will give Kim Jong Il a Swanton Bomb and end all of this.

headsnap
04-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Or else what?

he could take their bonuses away... :shrug:

Simplex3
04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Quick! Someone send the gargoyle an iPod and some US-encoded DVDs!

BigRedChief
04-05-2009, 08:28 AM
You think we should have launched an attack?
Our plan to stop the million man army from invading South Korea is to use low grade nukes. If we don't use nukes thousands of Americans are going to die. Many more than died in 9-11 or Iraq or even both death tolls together.

A nutcase with a million man army to do with whatever he chooses is not going to end well as long as he's in charge.

MTG#10
04-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Quick! Someone send the gargoyle an iPod and some US-encoded DVDs!

That'll show 'em! :toast:

RINGLEADER
04-05-2009, 09:59 AM

Well if it was a satellite it would have had a different trajectory than it did and actually, you know, put its payload into space instead of on a target somewhere in the pacific.

BucEyedPea
04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
If anyone thinks NK really wants to start a war, then they're just falling for govt propaganda. The Bush Doctrine and rhetoric about remaking the world for democracy is more likely to blame as they don't want to invaded like Iraq was. They're just flexing their muscles. I can hardly blame them.

Bowser
04-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Our plan to stop the million man army from invading South Korea is to use low grade nukes. If we don't use nukes thousands of Americans are going to die. Many more than died in 9-11 or Iraq or even both death tolls together.

A nutcase with a million man army to do with whatever he chooses is not going to end well as long as he's in charge.

NK can't stand up against our forces alone in the Pacific Theater. Their million man army is neutralized by what we can hit them with from the air and sea. Not saying there won't be casualties, though. If NK were to send their guys screaming and firing at the south, I would liken it to the kamikaze pilots Japan threw at our naval fleet in WWII.

Kim Jong Il is pinned down and knows it. He just doesn't like it.

Hog Farmer
04-05-2009, 11:11 AM
IF I was President, I would have sent a cruise missile in and blasted that rocket as soon as it was spotted on the launch pad.

SBK
04-05-2009, 12:17 PM
It would have been a good test for our missile shield to shoot that rocket out of the air over the Pacific.

googlegoogle
04-05-2009, 09:43 PM
North Korea can launch as many missiles as they like.

You may not believe it but it's their right.

The way we get all angry over that meaningless worthless two bit pos country amazes me. South Korea should be defending itself.

They obviously feel that we are trying to keep them down and therefore have a chip on their shoulder.

Our anger at them shows that we consider that peninsula a colonial state just like England use to control us. Sorry, thats my opinion.

Leave them alone. Look at Vietnam.

petegz28
04-05-2009, 11:28 PM
North Korea can launch as many missiles as they like.

You may not believe it but it's their right.

The way we get all angry over that meaningless worthless two bit pos country amazes me. South Korea should be defending itself.

They obviously feel that we are trying to keep them down and therefore have a chip on their shoulder.

Our anger at them shows that we consider that peninsula a colonial state just like England use to control us. Sorry, thats my opinion.

Leave them alone. Look at Vietnam.

I agree. Except if I were Japan, as soon as the missle hit my air space I would as someone said...tested my missle defense system.

petegz28
04-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I posted this in another thread but it fits here too...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b49Iwfp8U-U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b49Iwfp8U-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Iowanian
04-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Its probably nearing Time for Japan to consider making a change to their constitution and Arming up.