PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone else hate baseball season too?

CanadianChief
04-07-2009, 07:24 AM
I was never really into it. I don't know what it is...maybe it's pace of the game, lack of violence, or that it's not a huge thing here in Canada but it does nothing for me.

What really pisses me off is that the ticker takes forever to scroll through all the baseball scores in order to get to the hockey or football ones.

T-post Tom
04-07-2009, 07:26 AM
I was never really into it. I don't know what it is...maybe it's pace of the game, lack of violence, or that it's not a huge thing here in Canada but it does nothing for me.

What really pisses me off is that the ticker takes forever to scroll through all the baseball scores in order to get to the hockey or football ones.

As a Canadian, we'll give you a free pass on this one.

OnTheWarpath58
I don't hate it by any means, but my interest has lessened year by year.

The season is too long, and games don't seem to matter until you get to September. I usually go to a handful of games early, pretty much ignore it during mid-summer, and get back into it in September during the races.

58-4ever
What the hell are you talking aboot?

El Jefe
Yes. I have never, and probably never will enjoy watching baseball, playing it is fun. I don't like hockey either though.

El Jefe
04-07-2009, 07:27 AM

Don't be a hoser eh.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 07:28 AM

Take off, eh?

raybec 4
04-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Yes. I have never, and probably never will enjoy watching baseball, playing it is fun. I don't like hockey either though.

Hockey players don't even like hockey anymore.

Mr. Plow
04-07-2009, 07:31 AM
A hockey guy complaining about baseball. ROFL

And I'm not even a baseball guy.

Radar Chief
04-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Eh, itís noise on the radio while Iím fishing, or on the garage TV while Iím wrenching.

Buehler445
04-07-2009, 07:33 AM
No. I don't like baseball. I don't like baseball because you can go on a 10-game fucking losing streak still lead the division. OTW is right, the games DON'T matter until September, but why should they, the players have 5461981984198416549874984984 other games to make up for an egg they lay in the middle of the week.

luv
04-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I like going to baseball games, but don't really care to watch it on tv. I will, but I prefer it live.

ChiefsOne
04-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Baseball, NASCAR, 5th grade girls Tennis is all the same to me.

Radar Chief
04-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Baseball, NASCAR, 5th grade girls Tennis is all the same to me.

Throw golf in there too.

CanadianChief
04-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I shouldn't say I hate it but it's just not for me.

I did go to a game once in Oakland and it wasn't bad live but I haven't watched a game on tv since Joe Carter won the World Series for the Blue Jays.

Sure-Oz
04-07-2009, 07:44 AM
I love going to the games, and love the royals...i think it feels like summer at the K and drinking and acting stupid with friends win or lose hehe

Sure-Oz
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I like going to baseball games, but don't really care to watch it on tv. I will, but I prefer it live.

I like to watch some games when im real bored too....plus i have a few fantasy baseball teams and that always keeps me interested

oldandslow
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Love baseball. Always have, always, will.

dirk digler
04-07-2009, 07:49 AM
No. I don't like baseball. I don't like baseball because you can go on a 10-game fucking losing streak still lead the division. OTW is right, the games DON'T matter until September, but why should they, the players have 5461981984198416549874984984 other games to make up for an egg they lay in the middle of the week.

I like going to the games but I can't really stand watching it on TV even during the playoffs.

My biggest problem is what you alluded to and that the schedule is too damn long. That goes for the NBA and NHL as well.

They need to cut the schedule in half so the regular season games mean alot more.

LaChapelle
04-07-2009, 07:56 AM
It's sole purpose is to prop up sunflower seed sales. Damn Kansas republicans.

eazyb81
04-07-2009, 08:01 AM
You have to have the right mindset for baseball. It's not like the NFL where every game is huge - it's more of a marathon sport. The grind through a 162 game season is what makes the sport unique. Also, the slow pace of the game has hurt its popularity in recent years due to the ADD nature of our culture.

I like football, but baseball will always be my first love. I played the sport my entire life and some of my best memories are tossing the ball around with my family in the backyard.

Von Dumbass
04-07-2009, 08:16 AM
I don't mind baseball right now because I can ignore it. The NFL Draft is coming up and so is the NBA Playoffs.

When I reeeaaaaaally hate baseball is in the middle of June right after the NBA finals. Then it is nothing but baseball 24 hours a day on ESPN. I think they should start the NBA season a little later so Baseball isn't the only thing going on in the summer.

ChiefsNWildcats
04-07-2009, 08:17 AM
I love the game of baseball but I am "meh" about it without a salary cap. I don't get it. Salary cap in baseball and playoffs in NCAA football and this guy would probably die from sports overload.

Nzoner
04-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I haven't watched a game on tv since Joe Carter won the World Series for the Blue Jays.

So basically what you're saying is as long as Canada represents it's all good :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-07-2009, 08:18 AM

No... baseball is my favorite sport. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

gblowfish
04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I love Royals baseball almost as much as Chiefs football.
And have suffered greatly for many many years because of it.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
No... baseball is my favorite sport. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

You like baseball more than football? That's crazy talk.

Delano
04-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't know how anyone can say games before September are meaningless.

There are routinely two or three divisions that are within one game with some coming down to a one-game playoff.

You can argue the season is too long, but not that pre-September games are meaningless.

talastan
04-07-2009, 08:24 AM
While Football is still my number one sport, with Hockey a close second; I can enjoy Baseball. But only when I'm at the ballpark. I can't stand to watch it on TV. Not enough action IMO.

RJ
04-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Forgive the canuck, he knows not of which he speaks.

lightsout04
04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
baseball is ok watching on tv. it is so much better going to the games. it has been a long time since i have gone to a royals game.

Buehler445
04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
You have to have the right mindset for baseball. It's not like the NFL where every game is huge - it's more of a marathon sport. The grind through a 162 game season is what makes the sport unique. Also, the slow pace of the game has hurt its popularity in recent years due to the ADD nature of our culture.

I like football, but baseball will always be my first love. I played the sport my entire life and some of my best memories are tossing the ball around with my family in the backyard.

That is valid. I also tried to get into the strategy of pitching rotations and how a team handles the long seasons.

But it's not for me. I still can't get over the fact that a team can get totally shelled and still be 10 games ahead in their division. It is long, but that doesn't mean it is comparable to a marathon. If a marathon runner gets shelled for a half mile out of his race, he likely loses.

That's just not my mentality. I want to win every goddamn game. Not 4 out of 7.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
You like baseball more than football? That's crazy talk.

I like baseball AND college basketball better than football actually. I've actually gone football seasons without really watching a game... granted it was mostly because of work but it isn't appointment television to me. I've often chosen a movie thats on over a game that's on. We all have our thing.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 08:39 AM
I love watching games on T.V. that mean something. Certain rivalries and any game the Diamondbacks are playing. Which isn't to say that there aren't times it can be a little boring, but that's any sport.

Even. dum da duuuum. Football.

I love watching any kind of baseball game in person. Tee-ball to AAA.

Nzoner
04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Baseball used to be my favorite sport(played from LL to high school) but when the World Series got cancelled I'd had enough.Looking back I don't know how I ever liked it more than football because now I'm an NFL fanatic.

I still watch baseball though if for nothing more I put a little money on over/unders and division titles to keep it interesting.

ChiefsOne
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Throw golf in there too.

I'm kind of weird about that. I can watch golf, even used to play, but for some reason it is a little more interesting than the previous three.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I love watching games on T.V. that mean something. Certain rivalries and any game the Diamondbacks are playing. Which isn't to say that there aren't times it can be a little boring, but that's any sport.

Even. dum da duuuum. Football.

I love watching any kind of baseball game in person. Tee-ball to AAA.Okay, that settles it. You're too hot to be a real girl. Shemale?

I don't watch much baseball these days, but I love listening to it on the radio.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 08:42 AM
If a marathon runner gets shelled for a half mile out of his race, he likely loses.

A marathon runner can make up a 4 minute deficit rather easily with 2 more hours to go. And thats assuming the plodding cow is running a 10 minute mile.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Okay, that settles it. You're too hot to be a real girl. Shemale?

Good morning pumpkin!

dirk digler
04-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't know how anyone can say games before September are meaningless.

There are routinely two or three divisions that are within one game with some coming down to a one-game playoff.

You can argue the season is too long, but not that pre-September games are meaningless.

Looking back at last year 10 teams were in competitive races so that leaves 20 teams having no shot at all. That is not competitive and yes that means the games were meaningless for the majority of the league.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I'd love to be a plodding cow who could run 10-minute miles right now.

I hate being old, fat and slow.Good morning pumpkin!"Good morning", my favorite oxymoron.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 08:46 AM
I'd love to be a plodding cow who could run 10-minute miles right now.

That was for emphasis to color my delightful argument! Dammit.

You could do it. You just need the right motivation in front of you.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 08:48 AM
That was for emphasis to color my delightful argument! Dammit.

You could do it. You just need the right motivation in front of you.Like a cheeseburger on a stick? A deep fried mars bar? A hot ass in spandex?

I'll be able to do it in a month hopefully. It's hard to be patient.

WilliamTheIrish
04-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Greatest game in the world. Watch Frank turn a double play. Graceful as ballet. Like eazyb said, it's the ADD culture thjat can't handle a game that has no time limit. It's 27 outs. Every time. I've been at the park to see a game where a team has come from 6 runs down with two out in the 9th to win.

But for most non baseball folks that asking too much. ESPN was invented for you. There, you get the condensed version in 30 seconds. Then you can move on to some other quick task. Like masturbation. Or watching hockey.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Then you can move on to some other quick task. Like masturbation. Or watching hockey.

I think it's alot like hockey in that if you never go to games it's hard to get into it on T.V.

Unlike masturbation.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Hockey was a pretty poor example for that argument. I'd have gone with "Or watching basketball".

Joie
04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I LOVE baseball! Like anything, live is best, but I love watching it on TV, too.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I like baseball AND college basketball better than football actually. I've actually gone football seasons without really watching a game... granted it was mostly because of work but it isn't appointment television to me. I've often chosen a movie thats on over a game that's on. We all have our thing.

Just an FYI, but I've reported your post to the mods. They'll be along shortly to remove your account.

HERETIC!

Nixhex
04-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Baseball is awesome.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Okay, that settles it. You're too hot to be a real girl. Shemale?

I don't watch much baseball these days, but I love listening to it on the radio.

I can't stand baseball on TV, but I love listening in my car...

dirk digler
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Hockey was a pretty poor example for that argument. I'd have gone with "Or watching basketball".

I disagree because watching college basketball and even during the NBA playoffs it is exciting. Baseball on TV is a snooze fest.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Figures. A fucking canuck would come in here hating on the American pastime...:D

DeezNutz
04-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm a more passionate baseball fan than I am a football fan, though I'm a big enough sports junkie that we're talking about fine shades of difference.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 09:08 AM

Personal experience thing. Never really got into hockey until I went to Kings games in L.A. and then dated a few hockey sticks in my teenie bopper years. NBA Basketball games are just rowdy events. You spend the whole game screaming and waving stuff, coupled with the repetitive standing up and sitting down, it's like you're attending a Catholic Service in a Baptist Church.

My mother is just glad that in hockey they sometimes highlight the puck so she can follow the game. Of course, she's also overjoyed about the first down marker line too. Come to think of it, she's pretty happy when she finds a shiny rock.

raybec 4
04-07-2009, 09:09 AM
I can't stand baseball on TV, but I love listening in my car...

I love baseball on TV but I do miss the days when I would turn the volume down on the tube and listen to Jack Buck and Mike Shannon on the radio. The greatest broadcast duo ever, handsdown.

eazyb81
04-07-2009, 09:11 AM
I disagree because watching college basketball and even during the NBA playoffs it is exciting. Baseball on TV is a snooze fest.

Eh, different strokes for different folks.

NBA basketball is probably my least favorite sport. I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a game from start to finish. I would easily choose a random regular season baseball game over game 7 of the NBA Finals.

There's just no strategy involved - isolation.....dunk! isolation.....dunk! isolation.....kick out for a 3 pointer! Awful.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I disagree because watching college basketball and even during the NBA playoffs it is exciting. Baseball on TV is a snooze fest.That was the point. Basketball is a game that fits the MTV generation. Doesn't generally involve a whole lot of strategy, and it's a game people with ADD can watch.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Personal experience thing. Never really got into hockey until I went to Kings games in L.A. and then dated a few hockey sticks in my teenie bopper years. NBA Basketball games are just rowdy events. You spend the whole game screaming and waving stuff, coupled with the repetitive standing up and sitting down, it's like you're attending a Catholic Service in a Baptist Church.

My mother is just glad that in hockey they sometimes highlight the puck so she can follow the game. Of course, she's also overjoyed about the first down marker line too. Come to think of it, she's pretty happy when she finds a shiny rock.So that's where you get it from.

I've always liked hockey, although it's been years now since I watched a game, live or on TV.

Gonzo
04-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Figures. A fucking canuck would come in here hating on the American pastime...:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5uzJVkeaUI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5uzJVkeaUI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

raybec 4
04-07-2009, 09:17 AM

NBA basketball is probably my least favorite sport. I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a game from start to finish. I would easily choose a random regular season baseball game over game 7 of the NBA Finals.

There's just no strategy involved - isolation.....dunk! isolation.....dunk! isolation.....kick out for a 3 pointer! Awful.

Not only that , for me it's frustrating to watch them just fucking standing around, no effort no movement if it's not designed for them. Stand around and wait for the pass/rebound to come to you.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I love baseball on TV but I do miss the days when I would turn the volume down on the tube and listen to Jack Buck and Mike Shannon on the radio. The greatest broadcast duo ever, handsdown.

I grew up on Buck and Shannon, but I've spent the last couple of summers listening to Denny Matthews and I'm hooked...

Gonzo
04-07-2009, 09:19 AM

Not to mention they can take 18 fucking steps to the basket without being called for travelling.

I hate basketball.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I grew up on Buck and Shannon, but I've spent the last couple of summers listening to Denny Matthews and I'm hooked...

He blows Jack Buck away IMO. Growing up in Central Missouri I heard both alot, Denny did a way better job than Buck.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Greatest game in the world. Watch Frank turn a double play. Graceful as ballet. Like eazyb said, it's the ADD culture thjat can't handle a game that has no time limit.

:clap:

I'm becoming a WilliamTheIrish fan.... scary.

CanadianChief
So basically what you're saying is as long as Canada represents it's all good :D

I don't think that's even it. I just think the flow of the game is too slow for my liking that I've never got back into it.

CanadianChief
04-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Figures. A ****ing canuck would come in here hating on the American pastime...:D

You can tell me you hate baby seal clubbing and I won't hold it against you :)

dirk digler
04-07-2009, 09:31 AM

I agree with you if you were talking about regular season NBA but during the playoffs they actually try.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Just an FYI, but I've reported your post to the mods. They'll be along shortly to remove your account.

HERETIC!

:)

I've never hidden my love of baseball first. They know... and I do like football and the Chiefs... a lot actually. And btw one of the mods is my best friend so I feel ok about my chances to stay.

Heh.

There isn't a cool Royals or Jayhawks board to post on to my knowledge... yes I know there are boards... but they aren't very cool.

Skip Towne
04-07-2009, 09:38 AM
:clap:

I'm becoming a WilliamTheIrish fan.... scary.

WTI is a goomer. You shouldn't like him.

Skip Towne
04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I liked baseball since 1954 when the A's came to KC. Then the '94 strike did it for me. They can pack it in their ass.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
:)

I've never hidden my love of baseball first. They know... and I do like football and the Chiefs... a lot actually. And btw one of the mods is my best friend so I feel ok about my chances to stay.

Heh.

There isn't a cool Royals or Jayhawks board to post on to my knowledge... yes I know there are boards... but they aren't very cool.

So you're suggesting that the mod might choose your friendship over the yapping of a washed-up former mod with 65K useless posts?

MORE HERESY!

DJay23
04-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I played a lot of baseball when I was a kid, but my interest almost completely disappeared with the fizzling of the Kansas City Royals organization. Fantasy Baseball is what keeps me interested at all. I'll catch a Royals game when it's on TV (usually on YES vs. they Yankees) but other than that I only watch baseball if there is nothing else on and I need background noise or want to fall asleep.

BigRedChief
04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I just bought the MLB package on cable so I can watch my St. Louis Cardinals play here in KC.

I'll make 3 trips to St. Louis to watch games this year. Go to 2 Cards vs. Royals games here in KC.

Coached little league baseball for 10 years. Maybe if your team had a chance to win you would like baseball better?

But, its much better live and the sport that best translates over the radio.

MIAdragon
04-07-2009, 10:09 AM

suck a big fatty you damn Canadian :cuss:

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
So you're suggesting that the mod might choose your friendship over the yapping of a washed-up former mod with 65K useless posts?

MORE HERESY!

yes. friends in high places rock.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
yes. friends in high places rock.

I used to be in a high place.

Now I'm just high.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I used to be in a high place.

Now I'm just high.

bragger

Sully
04-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Stanley Cup Playoffs begin next week!!!

Chief Henry
04-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Love baseball. Always have, always, will.

this

Chief Henry
04-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Stanley Cup Playoffs begin next week!!!

It will take 2 months before we know who wins Lord Stanley.

LTL
04-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I liked baseball since 1954 when the A's came to KC. Then the '94 strike did it for me. They can pack it in their ass.

Strike did it for me as well.

As a kid a grew up in southeast kansas, my sister and her husband lived in KC and the company he worked for would buy a block of tickets to take clients to and such. When the clients didn't use them they let the employees have first dibs on them. A few times a year I would go up and go to a game. In 85 a buddy and me bribed our way into a WS game. Have to been to more Royals games than any other sporting events. Then when 94 happened said fuck it and haven't been to a game since nor have I watched a complete game either.

At the time the Royals started getting good the Chiefs were on the downside in the mid 70s, then by the time the Royals were really good the Chiefs sucked, then when the Chiefs started getting good again the Royals went downhill. Neither team really has had to compete with the other for the sporting dollar. Always wondered though, if both were good and you only had enough money to committ to one, which team would people committ to. KC has shown that when a team is good, people will support it, just has never happened at the same time.

CoMoChief
04-07-2009, 10:45 AM
The only bad thing about Baseball is I think the season is a little too long.

Skip Towne
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Here are some baseball scores for you: 3-2, 4-0, and 3-1.

dirk digler
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Maybe if your team had a chance to win you would like baseball better?

Eat shit asshole :)

epitome1170
04-07-2009, 11:05 AM

For me, I can't stand Denny... he just bugs the hell out of me. Give me Shannon and Buck, esp in late innings of blowouts because I think Shannon is sloshed by then and that is when things get interesting.

raybec 4
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
You can tell me you hate baby seal clubbing and I won't hold it against you :)

Baby seal clubbing is fuckin awesome!

Raised On Riots
04-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Great fun to go the park and watch a game, everything else; meh.

suds79
I used to think that it was because of the Royals inability to be competitive was why I couldn't care less about baseball but then I realized that I wouldn't watch them even if they were good.

I think I must of caught about 5 minutes of the World Series last year. So clearly I'm just not a fan. Just boring to me.

So that coupled with the fact that it has the longest season, (at least I think) is what makes it so painful for me.

raybec 4

Denny Matthews is great but until he gets good and drunk and starts telling secrets about other players (or my personal favorite was when the Birds traded for Mulder and Shannon went on for an inning and a half about what a pussy he is for not beaning a batter in retaliation for Albert) he'll never be as good as "The Moon Man" to me.

chiefs1111
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I used to like baseball a lot when i was younger but over the last 5 years or so ive lost interest.

Sully
04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
It will take 2 months before we know who wins Lord Stanley.

You don't have to keep selling it. I'm in!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I officially hate baseball thanks to stupid ass Farnsworth

Pablo
04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I made an effort to start following baseball last season. Man, the Royals sure are a treat to watch on TV..let me tell ya.

Haha. I need to make it out to the K sometime soon, actually had a company I'm interviewing with try to sweetheart me with some Crown Club tickets or something. Might hit them up on that.

That being said...I enjoy(ed) playing baseball and beer league softball more than any other sport, and while I love to golf and can watch it, I'll take a baseball game over NASCAR, soccer, hockey, and tennis(sometimes tennis matches kick ass though).

I will say I really hate flipping through ESPN and watching a full hour of baseball highlights and the Baseball Nightly report. But then again, I really only love watching football and college basketball highlights.

Short Leash Hootie
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
SORIANO!

kysirsoze
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
That is valid. I also tried to get into the strategy of pitching rotations and how a team handles the long seasons.

But it's not for me. I still can't get over the fact that a team can get totally shelled and still be 10 games ahead in their division. It is long, but that doesn't mean it is comparable to a marathon. If a marathon runner gets shelled for a half mile out of his race, he likely loses.

That's just not my mentality. I want to win every goddamn game. Not 4 out of 7.
Posted via Mobile Device

If a runner is a half mile ahead then he can. If you have an 11 game lead in your division then you've earned the right to slump a little.:D

Looking back at last year 10 teams were in competitive races so that leaves 20 teams having no shot at all. That is not competitive and yes that means the games were meaningless for the majority of the league.

No they weren't the one's in September and after were meaningless. The ones before meant a lot. They meant they eliminated themselves by sucking.

I love baseball because there is something great about being able to relax and enjoy a slower paced game that has bursts of excitement. You can talk strategy with your friends, grab a beer, etc. To me it's a great way to spend the afternoon (evening). Plus, I love that a baseball game is always within reach. Sure, it may get to be such a blowout that there's almost no chance, but you never know for sure. I love that. Also, it may be cheesy but I think there's a romance to baseball that football and basketball lack.

It's not his fault he sucks. Blame Hillman for playing him.:p

RJ
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM

A guy in one of my fantasy leagues wrote this today:

Farnsworth = Nuke LaLoosh - a million-dollar arm and a five-cent head.

Spott
04-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Even if the Royals were good I'd still rather watch just about any sport over baseball.

MahiMike
04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
"I don't get his hockey shit. And their beer sucks!"

John Candy, Canadian Bacon.

KcMizzou
04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Even if the Royals were good I'd still rather watch just about any sport over baseball.I'd probably really get into it if the Royals were good. It's the bridge between college basketball, and NFL football.

I can watch the Royals, and enjoy the game. Other games, I can't really muster up the enthusiasm to hang in there. Maybe it'd be different if they were fighting for a spot, and a loss for the team in question would help the Royals.

I can watch any Big 12 basketball or football game and enjoy it... or any NFL game in general.

BigRedChief
04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Eat shit asshole :)ROFL
hey, its just a little dig.:)

the Talking Can
04-08-2009, 06:29 AM
everything about baseball is slow and boring....

and it is on all the time, tv and radio...i fucking hate this time of year

i'd rather party with hootie and his finger bang crew than watch a single second of the most boring sport on earth...

Reerun_KC
04-08-2009, 06:31 AM
I have zero interest since everyone is crying about Roids.... Roids = MLB. Without it, Baseball is completely worthless...

jimhitter
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I went to Texas Rangers opening day on Monday. I was more than happy to babysit the tailgate site, while everyone else went to the game. I managed to get a gnarly sunburn/ windburn, but a kick ass buzz aw well. Baseball is boring. I get to see the Royals here in TX later this month. At least then I can have some rooting interest.

Short Leash Hootie
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
BONIFACIO = STUD

Demonpenz
04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America (hint..NOT FUCKING CANADA) has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

kysirsoze
04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America (hint..NOT ****ING CANADA) has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

Even if this was written as a joke, it still makes me want to watch a game right now.

BigRedChief
04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Even if this was written as a joke, it still makes me want to watch a game right now.
Ted Williams:
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.

Thomas Boswell:
Baseball is religion without the mischief.

Jim Murray
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.

Denver Dave
04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Beano Cook
Haven't they suffered enough?

Cook's 1981 quote in response to MLB Commissioner Bowie Kuhn offering the U.S. Embassy hostages lifetime passes to MLB games, after they were released from capivity in Iran.

MIAdragon
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America (hint..NOT ****ING CANADA) has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

F'in great scene!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QOOLX9R8Ncc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QOOLX9R8Ncc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Short Leash Hootie
04-08-2009, 01:52 PM
This is why I hate having so many god damn OF's...

I had Ankiel in over Ibanez...at the last minute though I put Ibanez back in and he just delivered a two run shot! SWIZZZZZLE! But now Ankiel is going to hit 4 bombs tonight and I am going to be an angry little man.