PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Sarah Palin can now see Kim Jong-Il from her front porch...

T-post Tom
04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Palin targets proposed Obama cuts to missle defense
Posted: 09:00 AM ET

Palin has requested stimulus funds for an Alaskan launch facility.
(CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s office reacted Monday to North Korea’s missile test with a statement that “reaffirmed Alaska’s commitment to protecting America from rogue nation missile attacks.”

Palin herself criticized proposed Obama administration cuts proposed to missile defense programs. “I am deeply concerned with North Korea’s development and testing program which has clear potential of impacting Alaska, a sovereign state of the United States, with a potentially nuclear armed warhead,” she said in the statement. “I can’t emphasize enough how important it is that we continue to develop and perfect the global missile defense network. Alaska’s strategic location and the system in place here have proven invaluable in defending the nation….

“Our early opposition to reduced funding for the Missile Defense Agency is proving to be well-founded during this turbulent time. I continue to support the development and implementation of a defensive missile shield based in Alaska. We are strategically placed to defend the critical assets of the United States and our allies in the Pacific Theater.”

The statement also stressed Palin’s request for stimulus funds for a commercial rocket launch facility owned and operated by a public corporation of the state of Alaska.

VAChief
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM

(CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s office reacted Monday to North Korea’s missile test with a statement that “reaffirmed Alaska’s commitment to protecting America from rogue nation missile attacks.”

Palin herself criticized proposed Obama administration cuts proposed to missile defense programs. “I am deeply concerned with North Korea’s development and testing program which has clear potential of impacting Alaska, a sovereign state of the United States, with a potentially nuclear armed warhead,” she said in the statement. “I can’t emphasize enough how important it is that we continue to develop and perfect the global missile defense network. Alaska’s strategic location and the system in place here have proven invaluable in defending the nation….

“Our early opposition to reduced funding for the Missile Defense Agency is proving to be well-founded during this turbulent time. I continue to support the development and implementation of a defensive missile shield based in Alaska. We are strategically placed to defend the critical assets of the United States and our allies in the Pacific Theater.”

The statement also stressed Palin’s request for stimulus funds for a commercial rocket launch facility owned and operated by a public corporation of the state of Alaska.

I would campaign gladly for W over her. Hopefully she will fade away and some fresh, serious new challengers on the right will emerge.

bango
04-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Is she going to make sex with that crazy guy from North Korea or not? If she does I would just like to see the link for pics posted here. Maybe being ****ed by someone crazier than they are is what they both need.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
WE MUST MAINTAIN SPENDING FOR THIS FAILED, UNNECESSARY GOVERNMENT PROGRAM

PS I AM FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE

Jenson71
04-07-2009, 05:54 PM
UP, it's vastly important to spend like hell to protect us from the dangerous North Korean firecrackers.

jAZ
04-07-2009, 06:00 PM

Shouldn't Alaska fund the program itself, Ms. Alaskan Indpenedence Party?

jAZ
04-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Just curious (and I'm sure there is a technical reason for this), but why couldn't a array of F-16's provide a missle defense shield using existing technology? Are missiles too fast? Fly too high?

wild1
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Just curious (and I'm sure there is a technical reason for this), but why couldn't a array of F-16's provide a missle defense shield using existing technology? Are missiles too fast? Fly too high?

I'm picturing the propulsion system on the taepodong versus that of an air to air missile, and one being much more powerful than the other.

I can't speak to the likelihood of 20-30 year tech like an F-16 being able to put one down under ideal circumstances, but the main challenge to me would seem to be that the time to target in Alaska or Hawaii from launch is supposed to be about 30 minutes.

So, you have 30 minutes assuming it is detected and intent is discerned immediately at launch, and that the communication and decision-making process happens instantaneously. It seems unlikely that aircraft would be able to do it with any reliability.

StcChief
04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Just curious (and I'm sure there is a technical reason for this), but why couldn't a array of F-16's provide a missle defense shield using existing technology? Are missiles too fast? Fly too high?and why not cruise missile the thing before it left the ground.

Ebolapox
04-07-2009, 09:00 PM

errr.... yeah.

wild1
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
and why not cruise missile the thing before it left the ground.

According to the news Dear Leader I was present at the launch.

It would have been a shame if some accident had occurred...

SNR
04-07-2009, 11:22 PM
She's just doing her best impression of Frank Caliendo doing his best impression of Charles Barkley.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/akB8gfCMTDg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/akB8gfCMTDg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bkkcoh
04-08-2009, 06:14 AM
And with the administration in office, I am sure she is a little more scared then she was.

Chief Henry
04-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Libs are getting Sarah Palin confused with Tina Fey. Sarah never said she could see Russia from her front porch. But with todays media brain washing the mindless sheep. Its hard for most people to know whats entertainment and whats real news.

VAChief
04-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Libs are getting Sarah Palin confused with Tina Fey. Sarah never said she could see Russia from her front porch. But with todays media brain washing the mindless sheep. Its hard for most people to know whats entertainment and whats real news.

Yes, to be fair she only claimed that the proximity of Alaska to Russia gave her foreign policy credibility. She said it before the Couric interview, and when Couric gave her the opportunity to clarify confirmed this belief again. I think for the most part that was when she started getting grilled.

Most politicians, even the slickest ones step on their own toes and say stupid or poorly worded statements, but then upon reflection are clever enough to rephrase. I guess we can applaud her for sticking to her original statements even if they were at best naive.

Duck Dog
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
UP, it's vastly important to spend like hell to protect us from the dangerous North Korean firecrackers.

Some day's you make some pretty good, thoughtful posts. Today must be an off day.

KC Dan
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
WE MUST MAINTAIN SPENDING FOR THIS FAILED, UNNECESSARY GOVERNMENT PROGRAM

PS I AM FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE
You couldn't be more wrong. It is not a failed nor unecessary program. There have been successes after successes. The gov't (now) just wants to spend on domestic programs vice doing what they should be doing - keeping us safe and protected. With the proliferation of missle technology, this program must be fully funded for our own protection.