PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ, changed man!

RustShack
04-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Latest News and Rumors
L.J. Wants To Stay
Posted by Mike Florio on April 7, 2009, 3:12 p.m.

Now that the Chiefs have successfully avoided $3.75 million in future guaranteed base salaries previously owed to running back Larry Johnson, the 2003 first-rounder wants a chance to earn the money.

Barely two months after a borderline bizarre radio interview regarding his desire to leave town, featuring inflammatory audio from the movie Scarface, Johnson has changed his mind.

Hes excited about the direction the team is going in, agent Peter Schaffer told the Kansas City Star. What happened today has no bearing on Larrys desire to play for the Chiefs.

Its not surprising, since Johnson apparently now realizes that no one else will pay him the money that hes due to earn this season in K.C.

But perhaps its a sign that Johnson has finally matured, and that hes ready to be a good teammate and solid citizen, whether he plays for the Chiefs or someone else in 2009.

MIAdragon
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
OMG how many GD times are we going to hear that...

Mr. Krab
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
*cough*bull*cough*shit*cough*

Pestilence
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah.....ok. That guy is just hoping that he can still get that money from us.

We should just trade his ass to Detroit.

talastan
Its not surprising, since Johnson apparently now realizes that no one else will pay him the money that hes due to earn this season in K.C.

This is the real reason, not about being a changed man, it's just all about the money.

Katipan
True fans would truly beliiiieeeeeve.

Buehler445
04-07-2009, 01:26 PM
OMG how many GD times are we going to hear that...

Apparently one more.
Posted via Mobile Device

Otter
Kind of like when a criminal ends up in prison and all of a sudden finds Jesus and miraculously, all of a sudden (conveniently) turned his life around.

Detoxing
I was thinking about this this morning. LJ wasn't that bad under Vermiel because he was winning. Maybe the guy was fed up with the idiocy that was Herm Edwards? could he have just been tired of loosing?

Now that Haley is here, he may feel that this team can be an offensive powerhouse and is now willing to be a good citizen cuz he knows this is his chance to get back into the spotlight. Maybe, he now thinks he can win.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Kind of like when a criminal ends up in prison and all of a sudden finds Jesus and miraculously, all of a sudden (conveniently) turned his life around.

Only it's a fake criminal and Jesus looks a lot like Benjamin Franklin.

Count Zarth
I was thinking about this this morning. LJ wasn't that bad under Vermiel because he was winning. Maybe the guy was fed up with the idiocy that was Herm Edwards? could he have just been tired of loosing?

This.

LJ just wants to win.

T-post Tom
http://www.juliadonaldson.co.uk/i/boywhocriedWolf.gif

talastan
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Only it's a fake criminal and Jesus looks a lot like Benjamin Franklin.

LMAO REP!!

Katipan
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
This.

LJ just wants to win.

I remember LJ being a whiny petulant bench moaning pisser when he had to watch Priest.

Did I reinvent history in my head?

Detoxing
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
This.

LJ just wants to win.

I think so too. He seems to still have passion for the game. He's a cry baby, so when he looses, he turns to shit. But he could possibly return to form under a winning franchise.

Jewish Rabbi
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE!

Count Zarth
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I remember LJ being a whiny petulant bench moaning pisser when he had to watch Priest.

He just wanted to win.

The Chiefs were a better team with LJ starting in 2005.

RustShack
04-07-2009, 01:34 PM

LJ wasn't winning, Priest was.

RedThat
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Im calling BS.

At first he wanted out, now he wants to stay?

All of a sudden this changed of thought, and why may I ask? Is it because he lost his grievance? Or does he reek of fear in thinking he could possibly be cut?

I think this is agent talk to stick up for his player...I want Johnson out simply because he is not a team player, and is not a versitile player either. I hope they release him before the season starts.

Jewish Rabbi
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE!

RustShack
04-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Im calling BS.

At first he wanted out, now he wants to stay?

All of a sudden this changed of thought, and why may I ask? Is it because he lost his grievance? Or does he reek of fear in thinking he could possibly be cut?

I think this is agent talk to stick up for his player...I want Johnson out simply because he is not a team player, and is not a versitile player either. I hope they release him before the season starts.

He actually said hes open to staying with the Chiefs before the grievance because he likes the way the team is going and his new RB coach...

Katipan
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
LJ wasn't winning, Priest was.

Well I like bubblegum ice cream.

phillip
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Anyone who believes LJ feels anything other than disdain toward the organization that just took $3M+ from him in an adversarial proceeding needs a lesson in life.

Anything his agent says positive toward the Chiefs is PR. I guarantee you LJ is incredibly pissed.

chop
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
What is market value for a 30 year old, malcontent, ego maniac, drink throwing, girl abusing running back these days coming off two mediocre seasons?

seclark
04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
What is market value for a 30 year old, malcontent, ego maniac, drink throwing, girl abusing running back these days coming off two mediocre seasons?

but he wants to win!!!
sec

Fruit Ninja
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I dont care as long as we get some blocking and he's given some holes. Just play bitch. lol

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not going to excuse Larry or his behavior...

But does this really surprise anybody?

I mean, what Larry is basically saying is the Herm Edwards is an idiot and Haley isn't. It isn't rocket science, he's just articulating what most of us have been saying for 3 years.

Pioli Zombie
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Hit the road, jerk, and doncha come back no more no more no more no more hit the road jerk and doncha come back no more
Posted via Mobile Device

Katipan
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Well theres a song thats going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
Complete with background vocals.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not going to excuse Larry or his behavior...

But does this really surprise anybody?

I mean, what Larry is basically saying is the Herm Edwards is an idiot and Haley isn't. It isn't rocket science, he's just articulating what most of us have been saying for 3 years.

This.

I'm all for keeping the guy, unless they can get a decent pick for him, (which they probably can't) and they actually USE him.

If Haley is only going to give him 11 carries a game like Herm did late in 2008, then you might as well cut his ass or trade him for a conditional.

soundmind
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't even want a football or practice equipment anymore.

Trade him for paperclips.

Or just cut him, and I'll buy the paperclips.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
This.

I'm all for keeping the guy, unless they can get a decent pick for him, (which they probably can't) and they actually USE him.

If Haley is only going to give him 11 carries a game like Herm did late in 2008, then you might as well cut his ass or trade him for a conditional.

I think Haley will make good use of him.

Radar Chief
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM

Surely someone has a spare box of Cheez-its sitting around.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Keep him around, repair his image, hope he has a good season and then unload his ass next year.

HonestChieffan
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Grew up just in time to sit on bench ....trade him, hes old news and bad seed

soundmind
04-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Surely someone has a spare box of Cheez-its sitting around.

Whoa, I love Cheez-its.....and I hate LJ. Done.

OnTheWarpath58
Keep him around, repair his image, hope he has a good season and then unload his ass next year.

ESTO.

GoHuge

Now that Haley is here, he may feel that this team can be an offensive powerhouse and is now willing to be a good citizen cuz he knows this is his chance to get back into the spotlight. Maybe, he now thinks he can win.Regardless if he thinks he can win now or not he had plenty of problems under Vermiel. He liked to hit women then to. Well actually he just pulled guns on them and knocked them around a little bit.

This guy NEEDS this money because he's lived very stupidly. $100,000 pink Swatch?? Of course he wants to play!!

SBK
04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
His contract is huge, and 30 year old washed out RB's don't get huge contracts on the open market. This is a big pile of duh.

Johnny Vegas
04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
god forbid he asked for a pay raise like everyone else that works for a living who thinks they're due an increase in pay for their hard work. You can't tell me any of you that work you've never asked for a pay raise. That none of you liked the boss you had or like the customers that came in. Every single one of us has hated their job at one point and expressed your frustrations to your boss or fellow co workers. He said the things about not wanting play for the Chiefs that all you haters wanted to hear and still rip on him for saying it. I can only expect that if he does leave the team that the haters will still complain about the way he left. I honestly believe hating LJ is a popular demand on here and its more fun than serious.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
god forbid he asked for a pay raise like everyone else that works for a living who thinks they're due an increase in pay for their hard work. You can't tell me any of you that work you've never asked for a pay raise. That none of you liked the boss you had or like the customers that came in. Every single one of us has hated their job at one point and expressed your frustrations to your boss or fellow co workers. He said the things about not wanting play for the Chiefs that all you haters wanted to hear and still rip on him for saying it. I can only expect that if he does leave the team that the haters will still complain about the way he left. I honestly believe hating LJ is a popular demand on here and its more fun than serious.

This.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 02:29 PM

I've never asked for a raise from a boss that was unhappy with me. And if I talked shit about my company I'd expect the people that did support the company to tar and feather me. Too many people run their mouths with no consequence.

But I'm just a girl so don't hit me.

Johnny Vegas
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I've never asked for a raise from a boss that was unhappy with me. And if I talked shit about my company I'd expect the people that did support the company to tar and feather me. Too many people run their mouths with no consequence.

nobody was unhappy with him when he got paid. The Chiefs were making money off him with the fines while he held out. Can I point out that he wasn't the first to hold out on a contract? So you admit that you've asked for a raise when you felt you deserved it when you say you never asked for a raise from a boss that was unhappy. Please I'm not violent so don't come out sayin 'don't hit me.' I won't ever strike a woman, but glad you think that LJ fans do.

sparkky
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
two of the greatest lies in life;

1) LJ after losing a $3M grievance decision, "I want to be here".

2)a wife during a divorce, "I'll be fair with you".

Coogs
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
nobody was unhappy with him when he got paid.

IIRC, there were a whole bunch of Planateers who were against re-signing LJ. In fact, most of us against the re-sign were hoping for a trade for draft picks, and apparently at that time there were a few teams who might have offered up a decent draft pick. Green Bay comes to mind, but I could be off on that.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
IIRC, there were a whole bunch of Planateers who were against re-signing LJ. In fact, most of us against the re-sign were hoping for a trade for draft picks, and apparently at that time there were a few teams who might have offered up a decent draft pick. Green Bay comes to mind, but I could be off on that.

To be fair, there were a lot of CP'ers that felt that way because of his age and the position he played, not necessarily his off the field issues.

I don't care if you're a choir boy - RB's are a dime a dozen. Indy plays the game better than anyone in the league - draft a RB, trade/cut at end of rookie contract, rinse, repeat.

Johnny Vegas
04-07-2009, 02:46 PM

LOL! okay well thats true. I can believe that.

Coogs
04-07-2009, 02:47 PM
To be fair, there were a lot of CP'ers that felt that way because of his age and the position he played

That is what I was talking about too. I guess I didn't read the entire thread. I wasn't picking up on anything different is the last few posts.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:50 PM
That is what I was talking about too. I guess I didn't read the entire thread. I wasn't picking up on anything different is the last few posts.

Just clarifying. I figured some would read what you wrote differently, since most people are pissy about his of the field issues.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 02:53 PM
To be fair, there were a lot of CP'ers that felt that way because of his age and the position he played, not necessarily his off the field issues.

I don't care if you're a choir boy - RB's are a dime a dozen. Indy plays the game better than anyone in the league - draft a RB, trade/cut at end of rookie contract, rinse, repeat.

I'm fine with that. Draft a RB next year and move on.
I just don't think we can afford to walk away from LJ like we already have an answer there. We don't.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm fine with that. Draft a RB next year and move on.
I just don't think we can afford to walk away from LJ like we already have an answer there. We don't.

Can we afford it?

Absolutely. We're not winning anything in 2009 anyway. Snaps go to young players, and we find out about them quicker.

Should we just dump him?

Not IMO. He wants carries, run his ass in to the ground. EARN that money.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Can we afford it?

Absolutely. We're not winning anything in 2009 anyway. Snaps go to young players, and we find out about them quicker.

You can't afford to do that if you don't have any other options.
The fact that you're not ready to contend is hardly a reason to intentionally stunt your growth as a team.

If we wanted to move on or thought that's what we wanted to do we could've brought in a younger back in Free Agency. Do we really wanna spend valuable draft picks on a RB?

Neither Smith or Charles present a real option as an everydown replacement of Johnson.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 03:10 PM
You can't afford to do that if you don't have any other options.
The fact that you're not ready to contend is hardly a reason to intentionally stunt your growth as a team.

If we wanted to move on or thought that's what we wanted to do we could've brought in a younger back in Free Agency. Do we really wanna spend valuable draft picks on a RB?

Neither Smith or Charles present a real option as an everydown replacement of Johnson.

Huh?

Kolby Smith is more than capable. When given over 17 carries, he averages just under 100 YPG.

You can't act like LJ is going to be the LJ of 2005. Even when healthy last year, he danced into holes, had no vision, and otherwise sucked unless the hole opened up a HUGE hole.

He wouldn't be nearly as missed as you're claiming, IMO.

jidar
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I hate to say it... but lets see what Haley can do with LJ.
I have a feeling if LJ starts his moody pouting bullshit Haley will just put his ass down like Old Yeller.

Katipan
04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
nobody was unhappy with him when he got paid. The Chiefs were making money off him with the fines while he held out. Can I point out that he wasn't the first to hold out on a contract? So you admit that you've asked for a raise when you felt you deserved it when you say you never asked for a raise from a boss that was unhappy. Please I'm not violent so don't come out sayin 'don't hit me.' I won't ever strike a woman, but glad you think that LJ fans do.

You can point all you want but just because I say I've never asked for a raise from an unhappy boss doesn't mean anything other than I've never asked for a raise from an unhappy boss. If you're really super curious all my raises came at my review time except maybe Baskin Robbins but I was 14.

And the joke was funny because I routinely run my mouth with no consequence it had little to do with you being a woman bashing hate monger.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Huh?

Kolby Smith is more than capable. When given over 17 carries, he averages just under 100 YPG.

You really ready to rely on a guy coming off a late-season ACL injury?

You can't act like LJ is going to be the LJ of 2005. Even when healthy last year, he danced into holes, had no vision, and otherwise sucked unless the hole opened up a HUGE hole.

Let's not pretend we weren't playing with a makeshift Offensive Line though.
In the Denver game he looked like the LJ of old.
In the right situation I believe he can still produce at a high level.

He wouldn't be nearly as missed as you're claiming, IMO.

If Kolby Smith had a clean bill of health, I'd agree.

Kerberos
04-07-2009, 03:28 PM

Don't get to close to him I think he's got a mouth full of Rum'N'Coke.

Buehler445
04-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Your points about K Smith are valid, but I don't think because we don't have a workhorse star is a good reason not to cut the cancer if you think he is not good.

If the coaches think he can produce, ride his ass. If not, cut him.

As dumb as it sounds (is), I'd be OK with the guy we had in training camp, I think his name was Battle. He wasn't all that good or fast, but he ran hard and hit hard. Qualities we look for from LJ.

If Pioli brought in Cassel to run a similar system to NE, we'll be passing a lot anyway (note that I am not at all suggesting this is the case, just a possibility).

I just think that is he can't produce at the level he is paid for, we should find somebody who can produce at a similar level who is not a blleding cunt and is cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla
04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I have no problem with keeping him; somebody has to take the punishment until our team can compete.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Your points about K Smith are valid, but I don't think because we don't have a workhorse star is a good reason not to cut the cancer if you think he is not good.

If the Chiefs were planning to make a run with Thigpen at the helm I might agree with you. As it stands though, you just spent $14+ million on your signal caller.

You're really going to get rid of your only real option at RB (starting RB) without a real alternative?

As dumb as it sounds (is), I'd be OK with the guy we had in training camp, I think his name was Battle. He wasn't all that good or fast, but he ran hard and hit hard. Qualities we look for from LJ.

There's a reason he's not on an NFL roster.

If Pioli brought in Cassel to run a similar system to NE, we'll be passing a lot anyway (note that I am not at all suggesting this is the case, just a possibility).

Doesn't mean we can't use a capable back like Johnson.
New England had something like 4 backs with starting NFL experience on their roster last season.

If we were gonna walk him we should've gone after a back in FA.

TEX
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM

Exactly...

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
You really ready to rely on a guy coming off a late-season ACL injury?

Versus the guy who apparently got old all at once?

Let's not pretend we weren't playing with a makeshift Offensive Line though.
In the Denver game he looked like the LJ of old.
In the right situation I believe he can still produce at a high level.

The right situation? As in having the best OL in the NFL blocking for him?

Of course he looked good in the Denver game.

One, he was playing DENVER. Two, YOU could have run for 100 yards in that game. The line DOMINATED the LOS.

If Kolby Smith had a clean bill of health, I'd agree.

We also have draft picks this year, another 4 months of offseason to sign/trade, and other RB's on the roster.

That 800 yards really wouldn't be missed, regardless of Smith's health. Christ, even Edge ran for over 500 with 70 fewer attempts.

And I've been told that Edge is a complete POS by the fine folks here at CP, so it must be true.

TEX
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I have no problem with keeping him; somebody has to take the punishment until our team can compete.

You're right. I hadn't thought of it that way. :hmmm:

Buehler445
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
If the Chiefs were planning to make a run with Thigpen at the helm I might agree with you. As it stands though, you just spent $14+ million on your signal caller.

You're really going to get rid of your only real option at RB (starting RB) without a real alternative?

There's a reason he's not on an NFL roster.

Doesn't mean we can't use a capable back like Johnson.
New England had something like 4 backs with starting NFL experience on their roster last season.

If we were gonna walk him we should've gone after a back in FA.

No arguement with that.

I guess the rub lies in how much better LJ is than what else we can pick up. I know prior to last year, LJ didn't look much better than Gilbert or whatever his name was we ended the season with.

I just don't think anyone can tell if he can be productive enough to justify it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
04-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Versus the guy who apparently got old all at once?

I don't buy for one second that Johnson's hit a wall.
I think this guy can still produce at a very high level.
The Offensive Line here last season was atrocious.
We had two starters that probably wouldn't make an NFL roster elsewhere.
You can't gloss over the glaring holes along the line.

The right situation? As in having the best OL in the NFL blocking for him?

I think he'd do well behind a serviceable NFL line.

We also have draft picks this year, another 4 months of offseason to sign/trade, and other RB's on the roster.

There is one RB worth even taking a look at in Free Agency under the age of 30. That RB? Tatum Bell.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
No arguement with that.

I guess the rub lies in how much better LJ is than what else we can pick up. I know prior to last year, LJ didn't look much better than Gilbert or whatever his name was we ended the season with.

I just don't think anyone can tell if he can be productive enough to justify it.
Posted via Mobile Device

If this team had fielded a respectable offensive line for Johnson and still only gotten 874 yards you might have an argument.

Even behind this awful line he averaged 4.5 ypc.
That doesn't exactly fall out of trees in the NFL.

Skip Towne
04-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'm buying the new, improved LJ. That POS changed the minute he realized nobody wants him. Dump him.

Mr. Krab
04-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Keep him around, repair his image, hope he has a good season and then unload his ass next year.yep

Buehler445
04-07-2009, 04:17 PM
If this team had fielded a respectable offensive line for Johnson and still only gotten 874 yards you might have an argument.

Even behind this awful line he averaged 4.5 ypc.
That doesn't exactly fall out of trees in the NFL.

Yes, but looking at the year before, he wasn't playing well. Then he got hurt. His replacements didn't do much worse IIRC. I know the team didn't win a game after he was injured, but that is not necessarily contingent on the performance of the rb. When LJ went out I didn't see a noticable dropoff in production. If we can expect the smae minimal dropoff with a real offense, I don't see the point in keeping him.

Like I said, its all in whether or not you still believe he can produce. I'm skeptical.
Posted via Mobile Device

Johnny Vegas
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
You can point all you want but just because I say I've never asked for a raise from an unhappy boss doesn't mean anything other than I've never asked for a raise from an unhappy boss. If you're really super curious all my raises came at my review time except maybe Baskin Robbins but I was 14.

And the joke was funny because I routinely run my mouth with no consequence it had little to do with you being a woman bashing hate monger.

I wasn't curious on details just a simple yes or no. Sorry if I came off as being nosy.

LaChapelle
04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I hate to say it... but lets see what Haley can do with LJ.
I have a feeling if LJ starts his moody pouting bullshit Haley will just put his ass down like Old Yeller.

Haley jumping LJ's shit on the sideline. Will have half the posters on this site doing cartwheels of delight.

Count Zarth
04-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Haley jumping LJ's shit on the sideline. Will have half the posters on this site doing cartwheels of delight.

LJ would come out on the next series and rip off a 200-yard TD run.

Bwana
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
LJ sees his bank numbers getting lighter quickly. What a waste of air.

ncCHIEFfan
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Only losers follow losers and LJ is a loser!

ncCHIEFfan
04-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Can't wait to see Cstaff up in his stuff on side line! If he even makes it that far

stevieray
04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Just do your damn job LJ, you've already gotten paid.

Haley won't take your crap. Find your motivation without feeling slighted.

To his credit, he was overused and underused....from someone telling him to take off the diapers to someone changing them for him.

If there truly is a better SOP at Arrowhead, he'll be one of many barometers.

wild1
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
You know why LJ wants to stay? Because his contract here is for $3.5 million this year.

Which is a hell of a lot more than he's going to get from another team after we release him.

Sorry Larry, you weren't just wasting a fuzzy navel when you spit on that girl. You wrote a very large check at the same time.

soundmind
04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
The only thing that blows about losing LJ is that we'll get nothing for him. There's not a single team in the league that will absorb his contract - and knowing the situation, if there were teams interested in his services, they'll just wait for the Chiefs to cut him.

The sad truth for those wanting to keep Larry, is that they had the hearing in the first place. It's in black and white really, from the moment they request the sit-down, they don't intend to keep him. There's no reason to drag him through the mud if you want him happy and on your roster come the fall.

His "enlightenment" is a crock of sh*t. A while back when he blasted KC and the team on 610, "the Scarface incident", he did so without an agent. Meaning that if you want words direct from Larry Johnson, look no further. All his new public persona building sh*t is a damage control scenario being built by his newly employed agent Peter Schaffer.

I have no doubt he'd play hard, because he's essentially placed a new chip on his shoulder and he's apparently hired himself a life coach of an agent. This turd sandwich needs someone to explain that football is a team sport. Signature Corey Dillon style. He'll probably have good moments over the next few years, but they'll be with another team.

No idea how fast this will happen, but its just logic.

Iowanian
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
He's probably just sore from his diaper rash.

This photo leaked from the Chiefs facilities during the first day of the off season program. Notice how Haley has his spit guard in place?

http://www.industryplayer.com/images/licrespic/diaper.jpg

Chiefaholic
04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
He's "maturing" because he can't join a different team next year and draw a GUARANTEED paycheck reguardless of production on the field. Now he has to hit the field and EARN a paycheck like the rest of us blue collar workers in the world (only to a larger degree). If he screws up again, the money stops and his career is done.

MahiMike
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
LJ is a piece of moldy scrotum. I hope he goes the same route as Reggie Williams.

MahiMike
04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Speaking of which, they should pull a Leftwich on him. Cut him after preseason the day before the 1st regular season game. Not sure how his contract works, but Leftwich got zilch in pay and no job offers for a year.

Tiger's Fan
04-07-2009, 10:08 PM
The only thing that blows about losing LJ is that we'll get nothing for him. There's not a single team in the league that will absorb his contract - and knowing the situation, if there were teams interested in his services, they'll just wait for the Chiefs to cut him.

The sad truth for those wanting to keep Larry, is that they had the hearing in the first place. It's in black and white really, from the moment they request the sit-down, they don't intend to keep him. There's no reason to drag him through the mud if you want him happy and on your roster come the fall.

His "enlightenment" is a crock of sh*t. A while back when he blasted KC and the team on 610, "the Scarface incident", he did so without an agent. Meaning that if you want words direct from Larry Johnson, look no further. All his new public persona building sh*t is a damage control scenario being built by his newly employed agent Peter Schaffer.

I have no doubt he'd play hard, because he's essentially placed a new chip on his shoulder and he's apparently hired himself a life coach of an agent. This turd sandwich needs someone to explain that football is a team sport. Signature Corey Dillon style. He'll probably have good moments over the next few years, but they'll be with another team.

No idea how fast this will happen, but its just logic.

Sorry to ruin your logic, but he'll be the starter game one.

Count Zarth
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
What this really screams to me is the Chiefs are leaving themselves with an out.

If LJ messes up again, see ya.

If they have a bad year again it also ensures he'll keep quiet.

splatbass
04-07-2009, 10:15 PM

Now that Haley is here, he may feel that this team can be an offensive powerhouse and is now willing to be a good citizen cuz he knows this is his chance to get back into the spotlight. Maybe, he now thinks he can win.

That may be true, but do we really want a guy that gives up when the team is down? I don't.

splatbass
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
In fact, most of us against the re-sign were hoping for a trade for draft picks, and apparently at that time there were a few teams who might have offered up a decent draft pick. Green Bay comes to mind, but I could be off on that.

I'd like to see him go to GB now. A small town without much nightlife would be perfect for him. If he hates KC he'd really hate GB. :thumb:

LaChapelle
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Haley has had to deal with TO. Poili has had Moss, Dillion, a wild much younger Law. Being in the same room with Rodney Harrison. LJ will be a walk in the park.

Count Zarth
04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
People are still calling him Dillion.

*sigh*

LaChapelle
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
People are still calling him Dillion.

*sigh*

Dillioni was his ancestors name from the old country, common err.

Crush
04-07-2009, 10:46 PM

So... LJ found Aaron Curry? Good for him.

soundmind
04-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Sorry to ruin your logic, but he'll be the starter game one.

You don't have to apologize for throwing up. It happens to the best of us when we have too much to drink.