PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 5 picks for the #3 overall.

Pages : [1] 2

Direckshun
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Who do you want the Chiefs to take with the #3 overall?

Seriously. I want you to see what ChiefsPlanet regards as elite, #3 talent.

All choices are welcome here. This is just me picking your brain. This thread is largely debate-free.

Thanks in advance for the honesty.

Direckshun
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
1. NT B.J. Raji

I think this is the pick the Chiefs WILL make if they can't trade down.

2. QB Mark Sanchez

I'm not crazy about spending my first two picks on QBs, but I think Sanchez ensures that the Chiefs, one way or another, have a stud at QB.

3. QB Matt Strafford

I like Strafford, but I am not as convinced that he is the stud that Sanchez is.

4. OT Eugene Monroe

Those first three players are the only ones I consider worth the #3. If we go OT, I'm comfortable taking the same OT that played with Albert.

5. WR Michael Crabtree

This is tentative. I do not think the Chiefs should take Crabtree, but there is no other player I'd like at the #3 overall at this point.

doomy3
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Well, I hope we could trade the pick, but if not, then my top 5 at three would be:

1. Stafford
2. Curry
3. Raji
4. Crabtree
5a. Sanchez
5b. Brown

RustShack
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Stafford
Brown
Crabtree
Raji
Curry
Smith/Monroe

I could LIVE with any of those guys, some more so than others.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Sanchez
Stafford
Raji
Brown
Crabtree

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Stafford
Sanchez
Brown
Raji
Crabtree

philfree
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Stafford
Curry
Raji
Brown/Orkapo(Texas curse be damned)

PhilFree:arrow:

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 02:19 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Trade down.
3. Trade down.
4. Trade down.
5. Trade down.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Trade down.
3. Trade down.
4. Trade down.
5. Trade down.

LMAO

C'mon, Parker. Play along.

It's not like you know who telling you who you can and can't pick.

Stuck at 3. No assumptions on who goes 1/2.

Go.

Pestilence
04-07-2009, 02:22 PM
1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. B.J. Raji
4. Everette Brown
5. Aaron "Jesus Christ" Curry

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 02:23 PM
LMAO

C'mon, Parker. Play along.

It's not like you know who telling you who you can and can't pick.

Stuck at 3. No assumptions on who goes 1/2.

Go.

Fuck that.

Post 5 players names so that I can get picked apart by the pro-Curry crowd for the next 18 days?

I'm done playing along.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Fuck that.

Post 5 players names so that I can get picked apart by the pro-Curry crowd for the next 18 days?

I'm done playing along.

LMAO

Probably a wise move.

DaneMcCloud
04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Trade down.
3. Trade down.
4. Trade down.
5. Trade down.

You beat me to it

SBK
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Sanchez
Stafford
Raji
Brown
Crabtree

This.

1. Trade down.
2. Trade down.
3. Trade down.
4. Trade down.
5. Trade down.

And this.

Pestilence
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
:clap:Fuck that.

I'm done playing along.

Direckshun
04-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Looks like so far, that ChiefsPlanet is most comfortable using our first two picks on QB.

After that, Raji and Brown are favored generally more than Curry.

Most folks here were willing to include Crabtree in their 5, but at the very bottom.

Almost no love whatsoever for the OTs.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 02:40 PM
ROFL

1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Freeman
4. Crabtree
5. Curry

How's that?

Pestilence
04-07-2009, 02:40 PM
ROFL

1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Freeman
4. Crabtree
5. Curry

How's that?

:eek:ROFL

Mecca
04-07-2009, 02:41 PM
1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. B.J. Raji
4. Everette Brown
5. Aaron "Jesus Christ" Curry

That's probably where I'd lean, no Crabtree for me.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Post 5 players names so that I can get picked apart by the pro-Curry crowd for the next 18 days?Why do you think I left Curry's name off my list. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
1. Stafford.
2. Sanchez
3. Brown
4. Raji
5. Maclin

Mecca
04-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Today on NFL live Cris Carter was claiming that Curry was going to be a pass rusher and the coaches at Wake Forest were dumb for not having him do it...I think he's a Chiefs fan.

doomy3
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Today on NFL live Cris Carter was claiming that Curry was going to be a pass rusher and the coaches at Wake Forest were dumb for not having him do it...I think he's a Chiefs fan.

It will be so funny and awesome if this happens.

Chiefnj2
04-07-2009, 02:47 PM
1. Stafford
2. Curry
3. Monroe
4. Crabtree
5. Smith

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 02:56 PM
It will be so funny and awesome if this happens.

And what if it doesn't?

doomy3
04-07-2009, 02:57 PM
And what if it doesn't?

Then it's not awesome or funny?

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Then it's not awesome or funny?

It seems like alot of people here don't care at all about the team, they only care if they turn out to be right or not.

Woodrow Call
04-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Personally I think QB and LT are taken care of so....

1. Brown
2. Raji
3. Curry
4. Maclin
5. Crabtree

My pre-Cassel/Combine top 5 was

1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Curry
4. Jenkins
5. Brown

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203009

doomy3
04-07-2009, 03:14 PM
It seems like alot of people here don't care at all about the team, they only care if they turn out to be right or not.

I definitely agree with this, but am probably talking about a different group of people than you are.

SBK
04-07-2009, 03:16 PM

He does have a lot of Super Bowl rings.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I definitely agree with this, but am probably talking about a different group of people than you are.

No, we're probably talking about the same general group of people. Although you might not include yourself, and at this point, I probably would.

doomy3
04-07-2009, 03:25 PM
No, we're probably talking about the same general group of people. Although you might not include yourself, and at this point, I probably would.

Just out of curiosity, why would you include me? Because I hope Curry is good and proves he can rush the passer?

Reaper16
04-07-2009, 03:26 PM
1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Raji
4. Fuck, no one? Brown, I guess.
5. Pull a Vikes and wait a few selections to pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, why would you include me? Because I hope Curry is good and proves he can rush the passer?

I would assume because he's read your posts and displays functional literacy.

SBK
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM

Picking a guy at 3 you HOPE can rush the passer is beyond hilarious. I don't even think the leaders of the Detroit Lions would do that.

SBK
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM

I admit, I laughed.

BigChiefFan
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Raji
Stafford
J. Smith
Monroe
Curry

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM

As opposed to hoping the Chiefs can get the absolute best value out of the entire draft, which inlcudes the #3 overall pick?

Yeah, I would include you.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM

LMAO

Oh, wait.

This will be viewed as being part of the "mob mentality" instead of what is actually is.

Fucking hilarious.

Wasn't he the one who made a post saying something to the effect of, " I hope that the Chiefs do X, just to piss Mecca off?"

doomy3
04-07-2009, 03:55 PM
As opposed to hoping the Chiefs can get the absolute best value out of the entire draft, which inlcudes the #3 overall pick?

Yeah, I would include you.

I just don't see a lot of value. I have said many times that I would hope the Chiefs can trade out of the pick and get more picks, which is what would be the best absolute value out of the draft. Past Stafford and the 2 tackles, I see a bunch of guys who are all grouped about the same. There are question marks around Raji, who plays the position of highest value other than QB and LT, and Crabtree. Everette Brown has never put up huge stats and isn't that fast for a rush backer. And contrary to what everyone on here would want me to say, there are questions about Sanchez including his experience mainly. Of course I want the Chiefs to pick the absolute best player there, but past Stafford and the tackles, I think an argument could easily be made for about 5 guys.

doomy3
04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
LMAO

Oh, wait.

This will be viewed as being part of the "mob mentality" instead of what is actually is.

****ing hilarious.

Wasn't he the one who made a post saying something to the effect of, " I hope that the Chiefs do X, just to piss Mecca off?"

No, I've never said anything like that.

But that's fine. You guys have your fun. Honestly I could give 2 shits about what your "gang of thirteen" thinks. I actually respect guys like htismaqe and milkman and their ability to have an actual conversation without talking down to everyone, so that's why I was asking Parker. I couldn't care less what fucking Hamas has to say.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I just don't see a lot of value. I have said many times that I would hope the Chiefs can trade out of the pick and get more picks, which is what would be the best absolute value out of the draft. Past Stafford and the 2 tackles, I see a bunch of guys who are all grouped about the same. There are question marks around Raji, who plays the position of highest value other than QB and LT, and Crabtree. Everette Brown has never put up huge stats and isn't that fast for a rush backer. And contrary to what everyone on here would want me to say, there are questions about Sanchez including his experience mainly. Of course I want the Chiefs to pick the absolute best player there, but past Stafford and the tackles, I think an argument could easily be made for about 5 guys.

Fair enough.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2009, 04:03 PM
No, I've never said anything like that.

But that's fine. You guys have your fun. Honestly I could give 2 shits about what your "gang of thirteen" thinks. I actually respect guys like htismaqe and milkman and their ability to have an actual conversation without talking down to everyone, so that's why I was asking Parker. I couldn't care less what fucking Hamas has to say.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/bragin/DE/violin.jpg?t=1239141764

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Stafford
Sanchez
Raji
Maclin
Brown

*I have Jason Smith and Monroe in my top 5 but no way in hell do we take a left tackle, Albert is better than both.

doomy3
04-07-2009, 04:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/bragin/DE/violin.jpg?t=1239141764

Maybe you missed the part where I said I could care less what you think?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM

I didn't miss the preceding Dickensian-length paragraph where you dropped down your tampon string for all to see.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Yet you keep responding to him.

Fucking brilliant.

SNR
04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Yet you keep responding to him.

****ing brilliant.It's like the husband who asks his wife, "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"I'm giving you the silent treatment."

Rain Man
04-07-2009, 05:14 PM
1. Stafford
2. Monroe (yeah, say it to my face)
3. Sanchez
4. Curry
5. E. Brown

Most years, there's one guy that I really want. I can't really say that this year. At every spot, there's either a question mark about fit with the team or a question mark about the player. This is a bad year to have the #3 pick.

KCrockaholic
04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
1. Its obvious.
2. Brown
3. Smith
4. Crabtree
5. Raji

philfree
04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
1. Stafford
2. Monroe (yeah, say it to my face)
3. Sanchez
4. Curry
5. E. Brown

Most years, there's one guy that I really want. I can't really say that this year. At every spot, there's either a question mark about fit with the team or a question mark about the player. This is a bad year to have the #3 pick.

Yeah this is a blow to the you have to suck a few years in a row to you build a real contender crowd. Those fans who are scared to go 8-8 because you can't get a decent draft pick have really been proven right these last couple of years. It could still work out but at the rate the Chiefs are going they'll have to draft top 5 for the next 10 years to build that contender.

the Talking Can
04-07-2009, 06:36 PM
1. Stafford - top player at most important position
2. Sanchez
3. Raji
4. Brown
4. Macklin

i am really ambivalent about raji...is he a great player or just a creation of scarcity at the NT??

but we're moving towards a 3-4, so positional value bumps him up...

i don't think these guys are all worth a #3 (only the QBs), but if we're stuck there then....

the Talking Can
04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
1. Stafford.
2. Sanchez
3. Brown
4. Raji
5. Maclin

or i could have said "this"

DeezNutz
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Tell me about this Strafford guy.

Mecca
04-07-2009, 06:42 PM
It only became a bad year to have the #3 pick when the Chiefs decided to trade for a backup instead of drafting a QB.

the Talking Can
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Stafford
Sanchez
Raji
Maclin
Brown

*I have Jason Smith and Monroe in my top 5 but no way in hell do we take a left tackle, Albert is better than both.

or this

DeezNutz
04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
StRafford
Sanchez
Raji
Brown
Maclin or LT/DT (known to some as Curry)

Rain Man
04-07-2009, 06:49 PM
It only became a bad year to have the #3 pick when the Chiefs decided to trade for a backup instead of drafting a QB.

I'm inclined to agree, and that is intending no offense to Cassel. I hope he blows the doors off the place, but it did plug the obvious draft choice.

Actually, the more I ponder, I'm starting to think about Crabtree. If we can get the line up to average via mid-round picks and free agents, and if we have Bowe, Crabtree, and Gonzalez, it might be a model of development that fundamentally shifts the traditional Chiefs mindset of building from the inside out.

Mecca
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
The problem with that is I'm not exactly sure Crabtree is the player people seem to think he is.

Reaper16
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Stafford
Sanchez
Raji
Maclin
Brown

I've changed my mind. I am in concurrence with this post.

DeezNutz
04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I've changed my mind. I am in concurrence with this post.

Ah. A ChiefsCountry ball washer. :D

TRR
04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
(1) Curry
(2) E.Brown
(3) Crabtree
(4) Orakpo
(5) Raji

No need for a QB...

Reaper16
04-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Ah. A ChiefsCountry ball washer. :D
Hey, in this economy, you don't complain about the employment you get.

cdcox
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
1. Sanchez
2. Stafford
3. Brown
4. Raji
5. Curry

Crush
04-07-2009, 10:49 PM
1. Sanchez
2. Stafford
3. Raji
4. Brown
5. Maclin

Saccopoo
04-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Holy shit. Did Matt Millen have some effed up genetic experiment done to him a la The Boys from Brazil, gave them one way tickets to Kansas City and an open wifi connection?

Knowing that we now have Cassel as a QB, you people are still putting Stafford and Sanchez as your first choices for the Chiefs pick? I can't wait until next year when all you little Millen replicas want to draft Bradford and McCoy. Oh, that's right. McCoy plays at Texas and all the respectable CP Insiders know that every player from Texas isn't worth jack squat, and since Bradford played in a spread offense, he sucks too. Damnable spread monkeys! I loathe them. They couldn't operate an offense under center in a Pop Warner league, let alone the pros. Goddamn shame Freeman decided to come out. 6'6", 260 lb., cannon arm, and worked in a pro style system. He'd be perfect for us next year...oh, wait. He played in the Big 12, and we should never draft from the Big 12, because every team, and in a direct correlation all players from all teams in that conference sucks dog nuts. Not as much as Texas, but still sucking pretty hard.

I wonder what quarterback from any conference other than the Big 12 we can draft in 2011?

We sure as hell show them boys in Detroit what for! They think that they can draft four wide receivers in five years in the first round?! We'll draft five quarterbacks in five years, hold each of those drafts hostage for potential picks in later years and we'll build a monster team with all those third and fourth round selections! Hostage I say!!!! Hold every draft hostage! The Chiefs will be the only team with first round quarterbacks! We will force all teams to give us picks to make sure that the get a first round quarterback. The quarterback of the future for any team in the NFL will now go through Kansas City!!!! We will have our pick of QBOTF, and trade off the others in our hostage situation. Mother ****ers will have to call in the ****ing FBI to negotiate 'cause we're holding the rest of the drafts till the ****ing end of time mother ****ing hostage!!!! Hostage!!!! I said HOSTAGE!!!!!

So, I have two top five lists. One is mine, encompassing sanity and reason, the other is a CP Insider friendly version so I don't get ripped by all the draft geniuses around here for not wanting to hold the draft hostage. That's right. I said MOTHER ****ING HOSTAGE!!!!!!

Real Top Five:
1. Aaron Curry
2. Brian Orakpo
3. Michael Oher
4. Eugene Monroe
5. Beanie Wells

CP Insider Top Five:
1. St. Sanchez
2. Matt Stafford - who is better than Sanchez, but we all know that every closet homosexual here has an absolute crush on the handsome, exotic Sanchez and seeing him in a Chiefs uniform will help transition us from the Tony G exotic looking homo man crush phase to a new one where we can silently purr in gay joviality that our new 80%'er (sociologists state that only 10% of the population is heterosexual and 10% is homosexual, with the other 80% falling somewhere in-between) is in a position of actual relevance on the football field, unlike a tight end, or, god-forbid, a ILB.
3. Everette Brown - because a short DE/OLB tweener with suspect speed is just what this franchise needs to pull itself from the ashes of putricity.
4. BJ Raji - 'cause he likes weed, doesn't like to study, is short with short arms and has an ass the size of Jupiter. But I bet he'd love hims some of that Gates and Bryants and Haywards and Hereford House and Jess and Jims and Golden Ox and shit like that yo'. Dude was made for guest judging the Lenexa BBQ contest every stinkin' year.
5. Aaron Curry - just because I don't want to look like a complete and utter dumbass I'll reluctantly put his name here because when all is said and done I know from the bottom of my heart that this guy is the best player in the draft, and I really wanted to put him at the number one spot because, well he is the best player and our linebacking situation for the past 20 years has sucked something fierce, but if I did put Curry at my one spot some of the guys around here would call me names and mock me and then where would I be without my social circle of good internets buddies?

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Somebody has alot of salt in his vagina.

SBK
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Holy shit. Did Matt Millen have some effed up genetic experiment done to him a la The Boys from Brazil, gave them one way tickets to Kansas City and an open wifi connection?

Knowing that we now have Cassel as a QB, you people are still putting Stafford and Sanchez as your first choices for the Chiefs pick? I can't wait until next year when all you little Millen replicas want to draft Bradford and McCoy. Oh, that's right. McCoy plays at Texas and all the respectable CP Insiders know that every player from Texas isn't worth jack squat, and since Bradford played in a spread offense, he sucks too. Damnable spread monkeys! I loathe them. They couldn't operate an offense under center in a Pop Warner league, let alone the pros. Goddamn shame Freeman decided to come out. 6'6", 260 lb., cannon arm, and worked in a pro style system. He'd be perfect for us next year...oh, wait. He played in the Big 12, and we should never draft from the Big 12, because every team, and in a direct correlation all players from all teams in that conference sucks dog nuts. Not as much as Texas, but still sucking pretty hard.

I wonder what quarterback from any conference other than the Big 12 we can draft in 2011?

We sure as hell show them boys in Detroit what for! They think that they can draft four wide receivers in five years in the first round?! We'll draft five quarterbacks in five years, hold each of those drafts hostage for potential picks in later years and we'll build a monster team with all those third and fourth round selections! Hostage I say!!!! Hold every draft hostage! The Chiefs will be the only team with first round quarterbacks! We will force all teams to give us picks to make sure that the get a first round quarterback. The quarterback of the future for any team in the NFL will now go through Kansas City!!!! We will have our pick of QBOTF, and trade off the others in our hostage situation. Mother ****ers will have to call in the ****ing FBI to negotiate 'cause we're holding the rest of the drafts till the ****ing end of time mother ****ing hostage!!!! Hostage!!!! I said HOSTAGE!!!!!

So, I have two top five lists. One is mine, encompassing sanity and reason, the other is a CP Insider friendly version so I don't get ripped by all the draft geniuses around here for not wanting to hold the draft hostage. That's right. I said MOTHER ****ING HOSTAGE!!!!!!

Real Top Five:
1. Aaron Curry
2. Brian Orakpo
3. Michael Oher
4. Eugene Monroe
5. Beanie Wells

CP Insider Top Five:
1. St. Sanchez
2. Matt Stafford - who is better than Sanchez, but we all know that every closet homosexual here has an absolute crush on the handsome, exotic Sanchez and seeing him in a Chiefs uniform will help transition us from the Tony G exotic looking homo man crush phase to a new one where we can silently purr in gay joviality that our new 80%'er (sociologists state that only 10% of the population is heterosexual and 10% is homosexual, with the other 80% falling somewhere in-between) is in a position of actual relevance on the football field, unlike a tight end, or, god-forbid, a ILB.
3. Everette Brown - because a DE/OLB tweener with suspect speed is just what this franchise needs to pull itself from the ashes of putricity.
4. BJ Raji - 'cause he likes weed, doesn't like to study, is short with short arms and has an ass the size of Jupiter. But I bet he'd love hims some of that Gates and Bryants and Haywards and Hereford House and Jess and Jims and Golden Ox and shit like that yo'. Dude was made for guest judging the Lenexa BBQ contest every stinkin' year.
5. Aaron Curry - just because I don't want to look like a complete and utter dumbass I'll reluctantly put his name here because when all is said and done I know from the bottom of my heart that this guy is the best player in the draft, and I really wanted to put him at the number one spot because, well he is the best player and our linebacking situation for the past 20 years has sucked something fierce, but if I did put Curry at my one spot some of the guys around here would call me names and mock me and then where would I be without my social circle of good internets buddies?

This post is in the wrong thread. It goes here as exhibit A.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205374

Blick
04-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Stafford/Sanchez (only to trade)
Crabtree
Curry
Raji
Tyson Jackson (everyone flip out)

CanadaKC
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Curry or Crabtree...in such a weak draft..they're the only lock.

Reaper16
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM

Real Top Five:
1. Aaron Curry
2. Brian Orakpo
3. Michael Oher
4. Eugene Monroe
5. Beanie Wells

CP Insider Top Five:
1. St. Sanchez
3. Everette Brown - because a short DE/OLB tweener with suspect speed is just what this franchise needs to pull itself from the ashes of putricity.
Well, bye.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Mecca
04-07-2009, 11:54 PM
He put Brian Orakpo 2nd, that's about all I need to know.

And anyone who thinks Colt McCoy is a good NFL prospect needs their head examined.

SNR
04-07-2009, 11:54 PM

Real Top Five:
1. Aaron Curry
2. Brian Orakpo
3. Michael Oher
4. Eugene Monroe
5. Beanie Wells

CP Insider Top Five:
1. St. Sanchez
5. Aaron Curry - just because I don't want to look like a complete and utter dumbass I'll reluctantly put his name here because when all is said and done I know from the bottom of my heart that this guy is the best player in the draft, and I really wanted to put him at the number one spot because, well he is the best player and our linebacking situation for the past 20 years has sucked something fierce, but if I did put Curry at my one spot some of the guys around here would call me names and mock me and then where would I be without my social circle of good internets buddies?You're gay.

melbar
04-08-2009, 12:13 AM
With the understanding that we have our starting QB...

1.Curry
I honestly tried to make myself come up with better given our situation....cant. Fire away.

2. Raji
Still a little scared he's getting a lot of bump because of positional value.

3. Sanchez
Thats right I said it! You wanna fight!? I really like his intangables. Let him learn how to prepare from the guy who sat in film room with Brady and best case you trade one of them in a year or 2. We have so many holes so I'm hesitant (its gonna take talent everywhere to turn around), but he is gonna have to sit for a while anyway, let him do it while we still suck.
4...Brown/Orakpo
Its a tossup. Orakpo is tenatious, but the injury thing bothers me most. Brown...maybe? I guess it depends on if our coaches can use them in a way that best utilizes their abilities. Havent seen that in a while...
5. Crabtree
I know, I know, not a burner. But he makes catches and plays. You still have to cover a guy like that and with Bowe on one side and Gonzo in the middle its hard to pick who to double. Our coach is pretty OK at getting max potential out of WRs... At least 1 side of the ball would be formidable for now.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 12:13 AM
He put Brian Orakpo 2nd, that's about all I need to know.

And anyone who thinks Colt McCoy is a good NFL prospect needs their head examined.

See? Texas sucks. The University of Texas sucks. Players who play football for the University of Texas suck. Well, when they aren't winning awards like the Hendricks, Lombardi, Nagurski and Willis Trophies, and, shit, even then they suck. Especially when they are 6'3", 265 lb., bench 500, squat 600, run a 40 in 4.63 and get 11.5 sacks against a ballbag conference of spread monkeys like the Big 12. That is, hands down, some flat out, serious suckage. I fucking hate prospects that suck this much.

And let's draft McCoy! You know some dumbass NFL team is going to want him and when we draft him, then we can parlay Cassel, St. Sanchez or McCoy (whoever isn't our QBOTF that season) to whoever wants to give us the most fifth round picks for their QBOTF! Hold that fuckin' draft HOSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 12:14 AM
You're gay.

You wish.

SNR
04-08-2009, 12:18 AM
See? Texas sucks. The University of Texas sucks. Players who play football for the University of Texas suck. Well, when they aren't winning awards like the Hendricks, Lombardi, Nagurski and Willis Trophies, and, shit, even then they suck. Especially when they are 6'3", 265 lb., bench 500, squat 600, run a 40 in 4.63 and get 11.5 sacks against a ballbag conference of spread monkeys like the Big 12. That is, hands down, some flat out, serious suckage. I ****ing hate prospects that suck this much.

And let's draft McCoy! You know some dumbass NFL team is going to want him and when we draft him, then we can parlay Cassel, St. Sanchez or McCoy (whoever isn't our QBOTF that season) to whoever wants to give us the most fifth round picks for their QBOTF! Hold that ****in' draft HOSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tim Tebow scored lots of points against a tough set of SEC defenses. Tebow > Sanchez, right?

Just look at the history of Texas players. When Derrick Johnson is one of your pro "successes" in the past few years, then YES, your school sucks at producing players who have success in the NFL

SNR
04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Good God, man. Wells and Oher? You'd rather have Wells and Oher on your team than either top QB in this draft?

You've got to be playing a joke just to get a rise out of us, ala Demonpenz. There's no other way. There's no way anybody is this retarded.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Good God, man. Wells and Oher? You'd rather have Wells and Oher on your team than either top QB in this draft?

You've got to be playing a joke just to get a rise out of us, ala Demonpenz. There's no other way. There's no way anybody is this retarded.

Yeah, because pissing away that pick on another quarterback when we just got Cassel is the epitome of football genius. If that's a smart football move, then I guess I'm a fucking retard in this little opposite world you got going here.

SNR
04-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, because pissing away that pick on another quarterback when we just got Cassel is the epitome of football genius. If that's a smart football move, then I guess I'm a ****ing retard in this little opposite world you got going here.Chris Wells and Michael Oher.

This is your "objective truth" you're claiming. Beanie Wells and Michael fucking Oher.

Yes, you're fucking stupid.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 12:30 AM
He doesn't understand the value of the QB position....

But on another note if you want to talk about that Texas thing, give me Texas players that have succeeded in the NFL in the Mack Brown era.

SNR
04-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I'll play along and argue with you, Sackofgoo.

Drafting a QB is smart because:

1) VALUE. The talent/draft position ratio heavily favors one of these two QBs this year.

2) We can do it. We have the money to pay Cassel for a year and have him start. If it works out, then great. If not, then we needed a new QB anyway, and luckily we grabbed one of these two guys, who are INFINITELY better than the QB class in next year's draft.

3) After years of Gannon, Grbac, Bono, hell, even Montana in his old age, don't you think this franchise deserves a QB that the rest of the NFL fears? We arguably have never had one. It's about fucking time to get one. Cassel (according to even his supporters) is NOT that guy.

There. That's my reasoning. Tell me why Michael Oher makes more sense. Where will he play? RT? LT? G? WR? We have to move Albert if he plays LT. We're getting fucked if we put him in at RT.

But GOD, at least we didn't PISS AWAY another pick on a damn QB, especially a Latino guy who plays for USC!!!!!!! (your words, not mine, btw)

Blick
04-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Casey Hampton...good player from Texas under Mack Brown.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Casey Hampton...good player from Texas under Mack Brown.

And we have 1...

We should do the list, good, disappointing, total busts.

Blick
04-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Leonard Davis

SNR
04-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Leonard DavisDrafted to be a stud LT that would anchor the Cardinals' line. Is now a guard for the Cowboys.

I'd call that a disappointment.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Tim Tebow scored lots of points against a tough set of SEC defenses. Tebow > Sanchez, right?

Two national championships and a Heisman say yes. Because, at this point, that's all you've got to go on. Besides, I hear that Florida is going to be running pro sets this season and have been working on Tebows release. We'll see. Until both play in the NFL and establish themselves, it's hard to judge other than guess. I think Sanchez is an excellent pro prospect, but he doesn't give you anything that Cassel doesn't other than being smaller, less athletic, substantially less experience, has had minor injury problems and will take a few years to understand and play effectively in the NFL. I'd take Cassel over Sanchez or Stafford in a heart beat because of that. He gives the Chiefs a young quarterback that can step in a play right now. Neither Stafford or Sanchez provide that, and neither has anything that Cassel can't provide better at this point.

Just look at the history of Texas players. When Derrick Johnson is one of your pro "successes" in the past few years, then YES, your school sucks at producing players who have success in the NFL

Okie dokie, let's look at the last ten years:

1998: No UT player drafted in the first round
1999: Ricky Williams - Dope smoker deluxe, but the dude could run and run well.
2000: No UT player drafted in first round
2001: Leonard Davis & Casey Hampton - Both Pro Bowlers
2002: Mike Williams & Quentin Jammer - Williams a bust, Jammer has started every game but two for the past six seasons for the Chargers
2003: No UT player drafted in first round
2004: Roy Williams & Marcus Tubbs - Williams in the Pro Bowl; Tubbs a bust out of the league.
2005: Cedric Benson & Derrick Johnson - Benson put up his most productive season last season, and Johnson has been the Chiefs starting LB since he was drafted
2006: Vince Young & Michael Huff - Young looked good for a bit, then snap. Jury is still out. Huff started every game first two seasons, then got benched five games into last season.
2007: Michael Griffin & Aaron Ross - Griffin started all games last season, and ended up with 75 tackles, 11 pdf and seven interceptions. Looks to be a stud. Ross started 15 games last season, 52 tackles, 8 pdf, 3 interceptions and a td on one of those.
2008: No UT player taken in the first round.

Doesn't look all that bad to me. A couple of Pro Bowl guys, a bunch of solid players and starters and just two certified busts. Seems like the UT boys have actually done pretty good. So, what's the problem again with Texas players?

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Leonard Davis went to the Pro Bowl last year. I don't know what your definition of bust is, but that isn't mine.

Blick
04-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Drafted to be a stud LT that would anchor the Cardinals' line. Is now a guard for the Cowboys.

I'd call that a disappointment.

He was an All Pro in 2007.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 01:00 AM
If your top 5 pick LT become a guard, that sucks period.

It's funny to see it argued any other way.

Blick
04-08-2009, 01:03 AM
An all pro doesn't suck, period.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 01:14 AM
I'll play along and argue with you, Sackofgoo.

Drafting a QB is smart because:

1) VALUE. The talent/draft position ratio heavily favors one of these two QBs this year.

No value if he doesn't play. And neither will beat out Cassel.

2) We can do it. We have the money to pay Cassel for a year and have him start. If it works out, then great. If not, then we needed a new QB anyway, and luckily we grabbed one of these two guys, who are INFINITELY better than the QB class in next year's draft.

So, we have Cassel and you want to draft a QB? Good pick. Again. They won't beat him out. No chance whatsoever. Waste of a pick. It's not like the Chiefs don't have any other needs, because you know we just got Cassel, so you want to pick an unproven rookie QB to sit for a year or more?

3) After years of Gannon, Grbac, Bono, hell, even Montana in his old age, don't you think this franchise deserves a QB that the rest of the NFL fears? We arguably have never had one. It's about ****ing time to get one. Cassel (according to even his supporters) is NOT that guy.

Really? Cassel isn't that guy? And you are absolutely positive that if we draft St. Sanchez or Stafford, that he's going to be the guy? And you know that how?

There. That's my reasoning. Tell me why Michael Oher makes more sense. Where will he play? RT? LT? G? WR? We have to move Albert if he plays LT. We're getting ****ed if we put him in at RT.

So you think that by pissing away our first pick in the draft on an unproven rookie QB when we just picked up Cassel, who just went 11-5, who is an athletic 6'5", 235 lb. that everyone who is anyone that knows anything about the game thinks is going to be a continuation of what he showed up in NE is "reason?"

But I'm sure that in your hypothetical, that Sanchez or Stafford, holding that clipboard on the sideline, watching Cassel run for his life after the Cheifs right side of the line, particularly the RT let yet another end or linebacker through virtually untouched. I'm sure that even considering addressing the offensive line is completely idiotic, especially when we could have this kick ass rookie QB looking good holding a clipboard and fetching coffee for the coach. I tell you what, if not getting my quarterback killed for the third season in a row means putting Albert at RT with someone like Monroe, Smith(s) or Oher at LT versus a rookie qb standing on the sidelines, I'll take the offensive line option all day long.

But GOD, at least we didn't PISS AWAY another pick on a damn QB, especially a Latino guy who plays for USC!!!!!!! (your words, not mine, btw)

Actually, those are your words. I never said "Latino" or "USC." However, I did say that if the Chiefs were so amazingly ignorant to waste (and I mean a complete and utter waste) their first round pick on either Sanchez or Stafford, that they would be essentially pissing away the pick, especially considering how many other needs could be addressed with that pick.

You wanted to play. Game over. You lost.

SNR
04-08-2009, 05:34 AM
There are Cassel backers right here on this forum saying he'll never be Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, but more of a Matt Hasselbeck type QB. I'm more confident Stafford or Sanchez has the POTENTIAL to be a top 3 QB in the NFL than does Cassel.

You don't value the future of a long-term prospect at QB? No, Cassel will likely start this year. If he does well, he will start the year after that, too. But if he's mediocre, we're pretty much stuck with him. I don't know of many other good opportunities to find a QB like Stafford or Sanchez, where we can find ourselves with a draft position high enough to get the guy we want.

SNR
04-08-2009, 05:37 AM
An all pro doesn't suck, period.It's not even for your fucking team. The Cardinals invested a top 5 pick in an offensive lineman that sucked balls when he played for them. And he LEFT your team to go play for a rival, when after switching positions, he all of a sudden played at a pro bowl level? For the other TEAM?

That's not a bust, sure. But it's a fucking disappointment of a draft pick. That would be like Darren McFadden getting cut by Al Davis and signing with us, where he begins the career he never had with the Raiders, breaking Emmitt Smith's all-time rushing yards record.

keg in kc
04-08-2009, 05:42 AM
It's not even for your ****ing team. The Cardinals invested a top 5 pick in an offensive lineman that sucked balls when he played for them. And he LEFT your team to go play for a rival, when after switching positions, he all of a sudden played at a pro bowl level? For the other TEAM?

That's not a bust, sure.That sure as hell is a bust.

SNR
04-08-2009, 05:43 AM
But I'm sure that in your hypothetical, that Sanchez or Stafford, holding that clipboard on the sideline, watching Cassel run for his life after the Cheifs right side of the line, particularly the RT let yet another end or linebacker through virtually untouched. I'm sure that even considering addressing the offensive line is completely idiotic, especially when we could have this kick ass rookie QB looking good holding a clipboard and fetching coffee for the coach. I tell you what, if not getting my quarterback killed for the third season in a row means putting Albert at RT with someone like Monroe, Smith(s) or Oher at LT versus a rookie qb standing on the sidelines, I'll take the offensive line option all day long.

Actually, those are your words. I never said "Latino" or "USC." However, I did say that if the Chiefs were so amazingly ignorant to waste (and I mean a complete and utter waste) their first round pick on either Sanchez or Stafford, that they would be essentially pissing away the pick, especially considering how many other needs could be addressed with that pick.

You wanted to play. Game over. You lost.Well, gee, now that you mention that Cassel will get beheaded by defenses if he doesn't have a proper line protecting him, that makes a lot of sense. QB drafters just didn't think of that possibility. :rolleyes:

Cassel doesn't need a first round pick at every line position to have a good line. This draft is rich in Oline talent into the deeper rounds. Besides, Oher needs a lot of work, and likely wouldn't have a good rookie season. So much for your, "I want to protect my QB next season" argument. If that weren't enough, there's also the fact that YOU DON'T FUCKIN SPEND A TOP 5 PICK IN THE DRAFT ON A RIGHT TACKLE. You just don't. Ever.

Lastly, you were the guy talking about how sexy Mark Sanchez is, and how people like him because they're gay for him. I know you're not being serious, but can you at least not be serious in a way that will be funny? Otherwise you're just spouting nonsense, which makes you look really stupid.

SNR
04-08-2009, 05:44 AM
That sure as hell is a bust.So much the better.

bdeg
04-08-2009, 06:49 AM
See? Texas sucks. The University of Texas sucks. Players who play football for the University of Texas suck. Well, when they aren't winning awards like the Hendricks, Lombardi, Nagurski and Willis Trophies, and, shit, even then they suck. Especially when they are 6'3", 265 lb., bench 500, squat 600, run a 40 in 4.63 and get 11.5 sacks against a ballbag conference of spread monkeys like the Big 12. That is, hands down, some flat out, serious suckage. I ****ing hate prospects that suck this much.

And Huff won the Thorpe award, those things may as well be given out according to stats. He also ran a 4.34, so that combo of awards and athleticism isn't exactly foolproof, especially when the player is as raw as Orakpo. Explain to me, why is he so raw? Doesn't he practice?

Crush
04-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Saccogoo 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, Aaron Curry, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Crush
04-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Ricky Williams is a bust for the Saints, considering that they gave up the entire fucking draft for him.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
It's a good thing USC had a strong 2008 draft class, otherwise they aren't much better than Texas.

Reggie Bush - Hasn't had more than 600 yards a season and can't break 4.0 ypc avg.
Leinart - Backup

Mike Williams - Is he even in the league anymore?
Mike Patterson - Good pick.

Keniche Udeze - disappointing play before struck with a horrible disease.

Carson Palmer - One of the highest ranked QB's when leaving college. Doesn't have a single playoff win. Only led his team to the playoffs once.
Troy Polamalu - Excellent player. The only pick to really hit.

RJ Soward - Who?

milkman
04-08-2009, 07:39 AM
1. Trade down.
2. Trade down.
3. Trade down.
4. Trade down.
5. Trade down.

Not bad, but I'd go like this.

Sanchez
Stafford
Tradedown
Tradedown
Tradedown

milkman
04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Picking a guy at 3 you HOPE can rush the passer is beyond hilarious. I don't even think the leaders of the Detroit Lions would do that.

They hired Cunther Gunningham.

It's a mistake to underestimate the stupidity of the Lions mangement.

Crush
04-08-2009, 07:46 AM
By Saccogoo's logic, Tony Mandarich is not a bust because he had mild success as a guard for the Colts.

milkman
04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Curry or Crabtree...in such a weak draft..they're the only lock.

No offense intended, but you're a fucking idiot of epic proportions.

Crush
04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
No offense intended, but you're a ****ing idiot of epic proportions.

ROFL

Coogs
04-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Not bad, but I'd go like this.

Sanchez
Stafford
Tradedown
Tradedown
Tradedown

Close for me...

Sanchez
Stafford
Crabtree
Tradedown
Tradedown

Coogs
04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
They hired Cunther Gunningham.

It's a mistake to underestimate the stupidity of the Lions mangement.

:LOL:

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 08:13 AM
There are Cassel backers right here on this forum saying he'll never be Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, but more of a Matt Hasselbeck type QB. I'm more confident Stafford or Sanchez has the POTENTIAL to be a top 3 QB in the NFL than does Cassel.

You don't value the future of a long-term prospect at QB? No, Cassel will likely start this year. If he does well, he will start the year after that, too. But if he's mediocre, we're pretty much stuck with him. I don't know of many other good opportunities to find a QB like Stafford or Sanchez, where we can find ourselves with a draft position high enough to get the guy we want.

Dude, you know that these guys don't look past 2009. It's like the NFL will cease to exist after this season.

I'm enjoying watching the Curry-or-bust crowd paint themselves into a corner. They're pinning their hopes on a GM that is impossible to get a read on picking an ILB in the Top 3 for the first time in 20 years.

Come draft day, if it's ANYONE but Curry, there are going to be a lot of sandy fucking vags around here. Wait, there already are...

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 08:28 AM
He doesn't understand the value of the QB position....

But on another note if you want to talk about that Texas thing, give me Texas players that have succeeded in the NFL in the Mack Brown era.

I think people understand the QB position plenty.

I also think that common sense tells you that the Chiefs aren't taking a QB third overall after trading a 2nd rounder for one just months ago.

I'm not putting QBs in my top 5 because I don't think there is a realistic chance it happens.

1. Curry
2. Crabtree
3. Raji
4. Smith
5. Brown

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Come draft day, if it's ANYONE but Curry, there are going to be a lot of sandy ****ing vags around here. Wait, there already are...

If we don't draft Stafford/Sanchez or trade down, there's going to be a mass pile on of itchy assholes in here as well.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 08:35 AM
If we don't draft Stafford/Sanchez or trade down, there's going to be a mass pile on of itchy assholes in here as well.

C'mon, Frank.

You're too fucking smart to fall for this shit.

Look around.

The QB guys have acknowledged that it's a long shot - and have listed other players they'd prefer if Pioli chose not to go QB at #3.

I've yet to read a SINGLE post where a QB backer has painted himself into a corner by claiming QB-or-bust.

Whereas MANY members of the Curry crowd have done EXACTLY that - say that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY we take a QB at #3, and say that Curry is the ONLY player worth that pick.

How anyone can think they know what Scott Pioli WILL do on draft day is amazing to me. The guy is as unpredictable as they come. But according to some on here, there is a ZERO% chance that he takes a QB, and it's a stone cold LOCK that we take Curry.

Foolish.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2009, 08:42 AM
C'mon, Frank.

You're too ****ing smart to fall for this shit.

Look around.

The QB guys have acknowledged that it's a long shot - and have listed other players they'd prefer if Pioli chose not to go QB at #3.

I've yet to read a SINGLE post where a QB backer has painted himself into a corner by claiming QB-or-bust.

Whereas MANY members of the Curry crowd have done EXACTLY that - say that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY we take a QB at #3, and say that Curry is the ONLY player worth that pick.

How anyone can think they know what Scott Pioli WILL do on draft day is amazing to me. The guy is as unpredictable as they come. But according to some on here, there is a ZERO% chance that he takes a QB, and it's a stone cold LOCK that we take Curry.

Foolish.

Who said Curry is the ONLY player worth the #3 pick?

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Who said Curry is the ONLY player worth the #3 pick?

Read much?

Use the search function, I'm not doing the work because you choose to ignore people.

There have been numerous comments about how Curry is the only pick worth #3, and that everyone else would be a reach.

Shouldn't be hard to find.

DeezNutz
04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Okie dokie, let's look at the last ten years:

2002: Mike Williams & Quentin Jammer - Williams a bust, Jammer has started every game but two for the past six seasons for the Chargers
2004: Roy Williams & Marcus Tubbs - Williams in the Pro Bowl; Tubbs a bust out of the league.
2005: Cedric Benson & Derrick Johnson - Benson put up his most productive season last season, and Johnson has been the Chiefs starting LB since he was drafted
2006: Vince Young & Michael Huff - Young looked good for a bit, then snap. Jury is still out. Huff started every game first two seasons, then got benched five games into last season.
2007: Michael Griffin & Aaron Ross - Griffin started all games last season, and ended up with 75 tackles, 11 pdf and seven interceptions. Looks to be a stud. Ross started 15 games last season, 52 tackles, 8 pdf, 3 interceptions and a td on one of those.

Doesn't look all that bad to me. A couple of Pro Bowl guys, a bunch of solid players and starters and just two certified busts. Seems like the UT boys have actually done pretty good. So, what's the problem again with Texas players?

That list is sad. And your analysis of the '05 selections is intellectually dishonest at best.

What team was Benson with last year? Where was he selected? Oh, wait, DJ's soft ass needs another Twinkie.

doomy3
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Read much?

Use the search function, I'm not doing the work because you choose to ignore people.

There have been numerous comments about how Curry is the only pick worth #3, and that everyone else would be a reach.

Shouldn't be hard to find.

Seriously? There are way more people saying that the QBs are the only people worth #3 than people saying Curry is the only one worth #3.

kcbubb
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
C'mon, Frank.

Look around.

Foolish.

that is the most likely scenario. The chiefs will draft Curry because there won't be any trade down offers that are worth it. I won't thrilled with the pick, but I will be happy with it, because I think that he will be a contributor for many years. I also think that he has more upside and versatility than many people give him credit for. He's the type of guy that I want on my team.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Knowing that we now have Cassel as a QB, you people are still putting Stafford and Sanchez as your first choices for the Chiefs pick?

I must have missed where Cassel signed his new 6-year deal. :hmmm:

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, because pissing away that pick on another quarterback when we just got Cassel is the epitome of football genius. If that's a smart football move, then I guess I'm a ****ing retard in this little opposite world you got going here.

ROFL

Like pissing away that pick on another LT when we just got Albert is any better.

And Beanie Wells? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:13 AM

Doesn't look all that bad to me.

You need freaking glasses, dude. More than half of those guys are complete BUSTS.

And I'm sorry, but you're putting Leonard Davis in the "good" category. That's flat-out laughable.

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 09:14 AM
C'mon, Frank.

Look around.

Foolish.

I don't think Curry is the only way you go. I think there are numerous directions (I actually wouldn't mind Crabtree). I know Pioli is unpredictable, but with the way he gushed over Cassel in his intro PC, and then giving up a 2nd rounder for him, I just can't believe he would take a QB.

You'll see on April 25th at around 1 how much of the "longshot" QB guys there were that are all bent out of shape that we don't have Stafford or Sanchez.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:14 AM
It's a good thing USC had a strong 2008 draft class, otherwise they aren't much better than Texas.

Reggie Bush - Hasn't had more than 600 yards a season and can't break 4.0 ypc avg.
Leinart - Backup

Mike Williams - Is he even in the league anymore?
Mike Patterson - Good pick.

Keniche Udeze - disappointing play before struck with a horrible disease.

Carson Palmer - One of the highest ranked QB's when leaving college. Doesn't have a single playoff win. Only led his team to the playoffs once.
Troy Polamalu - Excellent player. The only pick to really hit.

RJ Soward - Who?

Good, so USC should be avoided too.

Nothing you posted here changes one goddamn thing about TEXAS.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't think Curry is the only way you go. I think there are numerous directions (I actually wouldn't mind Crabtree). I know Pioli is unpredictable, but with the way he gushed over Cassel in his intro PC, and then giving up a 2nd rounder for him, I just can't believe he would take a QB.

You'll see on April 25th at around 1 how much of the "longshot" QB guys there were that are all bent out of shape that we don't have Stafford or Sanchez.

I just don't get why there HAS to be any choice.

Some of the arguments being thrown around here, by BOTH sides, are just mind-boggling.

I feel just like you do - it's hard for me to believe that they'd take a QB considering that they acquired Cassel and particularly HOW they acquired Cassel.

But to sit here and say "they will not take a QB. Cassel is the man" after all the other smoke and mirrors we've been through this offseason, let alone the fact that the guy doesn't have a contract? Seems like pretty shallow reasoning to me.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2009, 09:27 AM

Some of the arguments being thrown around here, by BOTH sides, are just mind-boggling.

I feel just like you do - it's hard for me to believe that they'd take a QB considering that they acquired Cassel and particularly HOW they acquired Cassel.

But to sit here and say "they will not take a QB. Cassel is the man" after all the other smoke and mirrors we've been through this offseason, let alone the fact that the guy doesn't have a contract? Seems like pretty shallow reasoning to me.

What smoke and mirrors?

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 09:36 AM

I'll be honest:

I'll be disappointed, but I sure as hell won't be bent out of shape.

Personally, Pioli could have killed all this speculation by doing one thing:

Signing Cassel to a long-term deal.

But he hasn't.

Don't think for a second that only a few message board posters here at CP have noticed.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Exactly.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:38 AM
What smoke and mirrors?

I shouldn't say smoke and mirrors, so much as NO real information coming from the team.

It's all been rumor and innuendo and in the end, most of the moves have come completely out of left field.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
I'll be honest:

I'll be disappointed, but I sure as hell won't be bent out of shape.

Personally, Pioli could have killed all this speculation by doing one thing:

Signing Cassel to a long-term deal.

But he hasn't.

Don't think for a second that only a few message board posters here at CP have noticed.

Exactly.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 09:41 AM

I also think that common sense tells you that the Chiefs aren't taking a QB third overall after trading a 2nd rounder for one just months ago.

If Cassel was still with the Patriots as we near the draft... as through history most franchised players would be at this time... and we would have aquired his services say a day or two before the draft, I might be more inclined to agree with you on the common sense thing.

However, 1 day into the Free Agency/Trading period is pretty unique for players moving teams for draft picks in this scenario.

Nothing is going to shock me... at leat I don't think it will... on draft day. That would include drafting a QB at #3 and keeping Cassel, drafting a QB at #3 and trading Cassel, or not drafting a QB at all and going with Cassel.

If it winds up being option 3, five years from now I will be much more disappointed if a Sanchez/Stafford selection would have been the route to go long term, and we missed out on either option 1 or 2.

There will be more draft picks and more drafts to fill out the roster. Super Bowl franchise QB types are very hard to find. LB's and O-linemen not so much.

Woodrow Call
04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Have any Franchise Players signed long-term deals yet?

RustShack
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM

They usually don't this early..

bdeg
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM

Most franchised players are still with the team that tagged them. That usually happens because they can't work out a deal, whereas you'd think since we traded for Cassel we want to lock him up. Maybe it's a long negotiation, a stubborn agent, who knows

Coogs
04-08-2009, 09:49 AM

The ones that were retained by their own teams, such as Gross for the Panthers. I think there were a couple of more, and if I am not mistaken, Cassel is the only one who has switched teams at this point.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I've only found one example so far, so bear with me.

John Abraham was trade from the Jets to the Falcons on March 21st. He signed a new deal with the Falcons on March 23rd.

RustShack
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
The ones that were retained by their own teams, such as Gross for the Panthers. I think there were a couple of more, and if I am not mistaken, Cassel is the only one who has switched teams at this point.

Gross wasn't the Panthers franchise player...

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
DUH.

The Chiefs tagged Jared Allen on February 28th. He was traded to the Vikings on April 22nd/23rd. He signed a new deal with the Vikings two days later.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
DUH.

The Chiefs tagged Jared Allen on February 28th. He was traded to the Vikings on April 22nd/23rd. He signed a new deal with the Vikings two days later.

Beat me to it.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Champ Bailey was traded to the Broncos on March 3rd or 4th after being designated the Redskins franchise player. He signed a new deal that same day.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
So I've found 3 examples so far and all 3 of them signed long-term deals within 48 hours of being traded.

So much for the idea that Cassel is THE guy and there's no other possibility.

RustShack
04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I've said this before and it got ignored, but I'm pretty sure every franchise player traded has had a long term deal worked out with the new team before the trade was finalized. It just wasn't signed until a day or two later usually.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Gross wasn't the Panthers franchise player...

My fault. He was going to be but signed right before the deadline.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I've only found one example so far, so bear with me.

John Abraham was trade from the Jets to the Falcons on March 21st. He signed a new deal with the Falcons on March 23rd.

DUH.

Champ Bailey was traded to the Broncos on March 3rd or 4th after being designated the Redskins franchise player. He signed a new deal that same day.

So I've found 3 examples so far and all 3 of them signed long-term deals within 48 hours of being traded.

So much for the idea that Cassel is THE guy and there's no other possibility.

I've said this before and it got ignored, but I'm pretty sure every franchise player traded has had a long term deal worked out with the new team before the trade was finalized. It just wasn't signed until a day or two later usually.

And then there was Cassel, who didn't even know he'd been traded until the day AFTER.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
If Cassel was still with the Patriots as we near the draft... as through history most franchised players would be at this time... and we would have aquired his services say a day or two before the draft, I might be more inclined to agree with you on the common sense thing.

However, 1 day into the Free Agency/Trading period is pretty unique for players moving teams for draft picks in this scenario.

Nothing is going to shock me... at leat I don't think it will... on draft day. That would include drafting a QB at #3 and keeping Cassel, drafting a QB at #3 and trading Cassel, or not drafting a QB at all and going with Cassel.

If it winds up being option 3, five years from now I will be much more disappointed if a Sanchez/Stafford selection would have been the route to go long term, and we missed out on either option 1 or 2.

There will be more draft picks and more drafts to fill out the roster. Super Bowl franchise QB types are very hard to find. LB's and O-linemen not so much.

I'd be shocked if KC takes Sanchez at #3 and keeps Cassel.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 10:13 AM

I could see a 1 year tutor situation.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM

I would be too.

But I wouldn't at all be shocked if the Chiefs took Sanchez and TRADED Cassel, or even traded Sanchez.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM

I honestly wouldn't be shocked by anything Pioli does.

I'm still not convinced he didn't trade for Cassel to get through 2009, let a young QB sit for a year, then trade Cassel in 2010.

Or, as mentioned, they could pick one of the QB's and trade Cassel on draft day.

They could pick one of the QB's and trade THEM on draft day.

He could take a non-QB at #3.

He could trade down.

Nothing would surprise me.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm still not convinced he didn't trade for Cassel to get through 2009, let a young QB sit for a year, then trade Cassel in 2010.

Or, as mentioned, they could pick one of the QB's and trade Cassel on draft day.

He could trade down.

Yep!

And that includes drafting an OT at #3. I wouldn't be very excited about the pick... would rather that be part of a trade down scenario... but I won't be stunned if Monroe is the pick. Especially since that selection seems to be picking up steam with the pundits.

Woodrow Call
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Good info htismage and Rustshack, I wasn't sure how common this was and boom I've got my answer.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM

A new GM asking an owner to pay someone 15 million to babysit for one year is pretty far fetched.

crazycoffey
04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Stafford
Raji
Curry
Maclin
Brown

I don't think Sanchez is as good as others think, but I'll gladly eat the crow, if the chiefs take him and he does good and all. OT are better and would def. be in the top five, but don't know that we'd do that. If it's WR I know its homeristic, but maclin has speed, can return, loves to play the game. Crabtree, again - not my pick, but I'll eat the crow if I'm wrong.

crazycoffey
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM

He could trade down.

I concur, in fact - we should be able to unite under this thought. Pioli is bringing many options to the table for draft day, this season, and building options for next season already. I personally, love it

Pestilence
04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
A new GM asking an owner to pay someone 15 million to babysit for one year is pretty far fetched.

Not when you have $50 million in cap space and you have to get up the minimum amount spent.

crazycoffey
04-08-2009, 11:12 AM

I think it's an effort of fair trade between the new GM and his new boss.

"let me bring in my guy, we pay heavier than I really want at this time, but if he does well, we can trade/sign him later." It's realistic, leaves options options open, and betters the team, more than signing matt to a long term deal and having something bad happen.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Not when you have $50 million in cap space and you have to get up the minimum amount spent.

Spend money on guys that have a chance of being on the team when it is ready to make a run, or waste it on a guy you plan on flipping in one year?? Tough one. NO GM wants to waste 15 million dollars.

RustShack
04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Spend money on guys that have a chance of being on the team when it is ready to make a run, or waste it on a guy you plan on flipping in one year?? Tough one. NO GM wants to waste 15 million dollars.

It wouldn't be wasted... Cassel would be our starting QB for the year...

Coogs
04-08-2009, 11:27 AM

What guys are left out there that are worth spending big money on for more than one season? Peppers is going to cost draft picks. Holt? Any players on our own roster that should be given contract extentions? You have to be careful with setting presidence with the last one.

dirk digler
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM

He could trade down.

I agree and the days leading up to the draft is going to be exciting.

With that said I wouldn't read too much into the Chiefs not signing Cassel to an extension. The current CBA is about to expire and there will be a strike so I am sure that plays into it plus in those other examples those teams needed to get cap space so a renegoitated deal makes sense. The Chiefs are probably at the minimum required cap space so the urgency isn't there to get a deal done plus they can always franchise him next year again.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 12:31 PM

Well, NOT signing him to a new deal after they traded for him is also pretty far-fetched, considering I couldn't find one example of it every happening before.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
With that said I wouldn't read too much into the Chiefs not signing Cassel to an extension. The current CBA is about to expire and there will be a strike so I am sure that plays into it plus in those other examples those teams needed to get cap space so a renegoitated deal makes sense. The Chiefs are probably at the minimum required cap space so the urgency isn't there to get a deal done plus they can always franchise him next year again.

By the same token, we should read too LITTLE into the Chiefs not signing him to a deal.

This idea that Cassel is the starting QB and there's no other possibility is absurd and will be absurd until the day he signs.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 03:02 PM

I seem to remember a guy named Hasselbeck being in the Super Bowl a few years back, with a legit chance to win it baring some questionable calls. If Cassel is that level of mediocrity, I'll take it.

And again, I want to know what makes you think that either Sanchez or Stafford has the potential to be a TOP 3 quarterback in this league, let alone be better than Cassel, who just went 11-5 in his first year as a starter? Please, pretty please with sugar on top, enlighten me.

Who is this "WE?" Seems like the guys in charge of the Chiefs were pretty pleased to get Cassel. Seems like McDaniels preferred Cassel over a young, cannon-armed "franchise" quarterback. Seems like everyone prior to the Chiefs trade for Cassel that knew anything about football stated that if a team wanted to get a qb of the future for this next season, Matt Cassel was the guy because you didn't want to risk it on an unproven rookie. So, I ask again, what qualities does either Stafford or Sanchez possess that makes them a more attractive option than Matt Cassel at quarterback?

dirk digler
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
By the same token, we should read too LITTLE into the Chiefs not signing him to a deal.

This idea that Cassel is the starting QB and there's no other possibility is absurd and will be absurd until the day he signs.

I think if they don't draft a QB fairly early I think it would be safe to assume Cassel will be the starting QB on opening day.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
You need freaking glasses, dude. More than half of those guys are complete BUSTS.

And I'm sorry, but you're putting Leonard Davis in the "good" category. That's flat-out laughable.

Then you should make it your mission in life to go tell all the NFL players this past season who voted him into the Pro Bowl that they don't know jack shit because you think he sucks.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Then you should make it your mission in life to go tell all the NFL players this past season who voted him into the Pro Bowl that they don't know jack shit because you think he sucks.

You're reading comprehension sucks.

A player drafted in the top 5 to be a LT that ends up as a guard pro bowl or not is a bust. If you drafted a guard top 5 you'd be the laughing stock of the entire fucking league, got it?

DJ's left nut
04-08-2009, 03:36 PM
1) Stafford
2) Sanchez
3) Crabtree
4) Raji (if clean)
5) Curry
6) Brown (if Raji is a too stupid to stay off the hippy lettuce during the combine)

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
You're reading comprehension sucks.

A player drafted in the top 5 to be a LT that ends up as a guard pro bowl or not is a bust. If you drafted a guard top 5 you'd be the laughing stock of the entire ****ing league, got it?

Go tell it to the Cardinals. They drafted him and played him at guard for his first three seasons in the league. Seems to me that they drafted him as a guard, played him as a guard, Dallas signed him to play guard, and subsequently he made the Pro Bowl playing as a guard.

All I'm saying is that he was in the Pro Bowl last season and that other players typically don't vote guys in who suck. And "busts" don't usually end up in the Pro Bowl. So, perhaps I do have some comprehension problems where I'm equating the Pro Bowl to not being a bust. I guess others around here have a different understanding of what being in the Pro Bowl means.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Apparently you don't understand the value of positions, good to know that.

milkman
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Go tell it to the Cardinals. They drafted him and played him at guard for his first three seasons in the league. Seems to me that they drafted him as a guard, played him as a guard, Dallas signed him to play guard, and subsequently he made the Pro Bowl playing as a guard.

All I'm saying is that he was in the Pro Bowl last season and that other players typically don't vote guys in who suck. And "busts" don't usually end up in the Pro Bowl. So, perhaps I do have some comprehension problems where I'm equating the Pro Bowl to not being a bust. I guess others around here have a different understanding of what being in the Pro Bowl means.

Who the fuck cares where the Cards played him.

They drafted him to play LT, and when they finally did play him at LT they thought enough of him to let him hit the FA market.

He's the kind of safe pick you jizz your pants over.

And the pro bowl means exactly jack.

Oh, oh, oh, we can play him at guard if he can't play LT!

JFC, you are one stupid motherfucker.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Who the fuck cares where the Cards played him.

They drafted him to play LT, and when they finally did play him at LT they thought enough of him to let him hit the FA market.

Oh, oh, oh, we can play him at guard if he can't play LT!

JFC, you are one stupid motherfucker.

He's either just trying to be annoying or he's really stupid, I'm not sure which.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Apparently you don't understand the value of positions, good to know that.

Apparently you don't understand the concept of "bust." Nobody is discussing positional value and it wasn't even mentioned in the discussion until you brought it up, and it has absolutely zero relevance in this exchange. I mean, seriously - WTF? Who gives a rats ass what position he plays? The initial impetus for this was that someone stated a moronic generalization that all Texas players suck. I pointed out that he's from Texas, was in the Pro Bowl, so it's at least obvious to other players in the NFL, who I think know a little bit more about the game and the qualities that separate a good player from one that is a bust than you, that he isn't a bust and is considered, at least by his peers (who probably don't give a flying fuck about the opinions of some internet football junkie who is so pigheaded that he can't get beyond the whole initial "But he was drafted #2 so he HAS to play LT or I will consider him a completely worthless player and a bust even though he did go to the Pro Bowl" concept).

Mecca
04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
A top 5 player that plays guard is a bust, why don't you just take a center with the 1st pick then if positions don't matter, hey take a kicker!

This offseason has really brought out the complete dipshits.

doomy3
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
A top 5 player that plays guard is a bust, why don't you just take a center with the 1st pick then if positions don't matter, hey take a kicker!

This offseason has really brought out the complete dipshits.

but yet a guy like Joey Harrington isn't a bust because he is still a backup QB in this league?

Mecca
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
but yet a guy like Joey Harrington isn't a bust because he is still a backup QB in this league?

I wouldn't exactly call him good, he's not Akili Smith bad but he wasn't a good pick or anything like that.

doomy3
04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't exactly call him good, he's not Akili Smith bad but he wasn't a good pick or anything like that.

OK, I'm just trying to figure this out.

A guy who was drafted to be a LT, but has turned into an All Pro guard is a bust, but a guy who was drafted to be a franchise QB but has turned out to be a career backup who has been on 4 different teams you just "wouldn't exactly call good."

Mecca
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Niether one of them were good picks how hard is this to understand?

Does everyones brain just fucking fall out during draft season? This semantic arguing game is getting really fucking annoying really fucking fast. So knock it the fuck off and talk like you have a god damn brain.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM

He made the Pro Bowl as a GUARD. He wasn't DRAFTED as a guard.

And yes, it does matter.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I think if they don't draft a QB fairly early I think it would be safe to assume Cassel will be the starting QB on opening day.

Well, of course, that's a no-brainer. But we are talking about drafting a QB in this thread, so...

Mecca

And yes, it does matter.

It's a losing battle...

Saccopoo
Who the **** cares where the Cards played him.

You may be the dumbest person on this board. Seriously. Did you just talk to someone in the Cardinals organization and they specifically told you that they drafted him to be a LT? Because, it seems to me, that if you are drafted to play LT, then you play LT. However, Davis played GUARD for not only his first season in the league with the team that drafted him, but also his second and third. That would indicate that *gasp* they drafted him to play guard, since that's what they exactly did.

Not at the #2 spot. Guards, quality guards can be found deep into the draft. I wouldn't have drafted him at the #2 spot to play guard. Cardinals apparently did though. If it works you up this much, perhaps you should call some one in their organization and see if you can't get a satisfactory explanation on their reasoning behind the pick. I'd hate to see you get an ulcer or something over this.

So, you think that if a guy gets voted to the Pro Bowl in his eighth season of playing football in the league, who has started every game he's played in, a vote by his peers no less, that that means exactly jack? Yeah, I guess the players don't know shit, and we should take the word of some internet dildo who thinks that you can still be an eighth year pro, get voted to the Pro Bowl and still be a bust. Thanks for clearing that up for us Milk. You da man!

JFC, you are one stupid mother****er.

This must be a case of the classic euphemism "Takes one to know one."

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 04:09 PM

Does everyones brain just ****ing fall out during draft season? This semantic arguing game is getting really ****ing annoying really ****ing fast. So knock it the **** off and talk like you have a god damn brain.

You first.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM

And yes, it does matter.

Htis, you usually have a little more sense and rationality than the rest of these people. If the Cardinals played him at guard his rookie, as well as subsequent seasons, wouldn't that indicate that he was drafted to play at guard?

But regardless of the draft position issue, if a guy is an eighth year player who has started every game of his career and has made the Pro Bowl, does that equate to a "bust?" Yes or no?

SBK
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
findthedr>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sackofgoo

SBK
04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Because Davis at G was such a raging success for the Cardinals I heard the Raiders decided to draft Robert Gallery at 2 to play LG for them.

doomy3
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Because Davis at G was such a raging success for the Cardinals I heard the Raiders decided to draft Robert Gallery at 2 to play LG for them.

Well, Robert Gallery could most definitely be a better draft pick than Jamarcus Russell...

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM

See? This is the type of stupidity that runs rampant on this board. Don't answer a direct question, but rather make some irrelevant smart ass remark because you are either:

a. Wrong
b. Stupid

Gallery was initially played at the LT spot his rookie season, so the logical assumption would be that he was initially drafted to play at the left tackle position. However, Leonard Davis played at guard for the first three years of his career. In his fourth season, the Cardinals decided to try him at LT, but found that he was more effective at his natural guard position. Dallas acquired him prior to the start of the 2007 season, giving him a seven year, $49 million dollar contract to play GUARD, which he did effectively enough to be voted to the Pro Bowl in 2008.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 04:48 PM

The ones this year are far worse.

KCrockaholic
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM

I'm not putting QBs in my top 5 because I don't think there is a realistic chance it happens.

1. Curry
2. Crabtree
3. Raji
4. Smith
5. Brown

Best top 5 ive seen so far. Although Brown is growing on me. I would put him above Smith.

KCrockaholic
04-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, Robert Gallery could most definitely be a better draft pick than Jamarcus Russell...

As bad as they both are...This is the truth.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Findthedr actually knew some football he just had his mouth on Trevor Laws dick all the time.

CupidStunt
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
1. Brown
2. Sanchez
3. Curry
4. J. Smith
5. Stafford

SBK
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
As bad as they both are...This is the truth.

Picking a LG at 2 and paying him over $50,000,000 is as bad as picking someone who flames out of the league before their first contract is up.

If you pick a LT (the only position on the O-line you pick that high) in the top 5 and they play G that pick was a massive bust, no matter how good of a G they are.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Picking a LG at 2 and paying him over $50,000,000 is as bad as picking someone who flames out of the league before their first contract is up.

If you pick a LT (the only position on the O-line you pick that high) in the top 5 and they play G that pick was a massive bust, no matter how good of a G they are.

Okie dokes. Just so I know now.

If you are a guard, and make it to the Pro Bowl = suckage/bustola.

Thank you SBK, that helps to clarify the whole discussion.

However...

It is kinda weird to see that three of the top five offensive linemen in the NFL in terms of 2008 salaries were interior linemen (not tackles). Maybe all the NFL GM's should be reading this board so that they have a better understanding of positional value and so they can better negotiate with the players and their agents.

milkman
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
You may be the dumbest person on this board. Seriously. Did you just talk to someone in the Cardinals organization and they specifically told you that they drafted him to be a LT? Because, it seems to me, that if you are drafted to play LT, then you play LT. However, Davis played GUARD for not only his first season in the league with the team that drafted him, but also his second and third. That would indicate that *gasp* they drafted him to play guard, since that's what they exactly did.

Not at the #2 spot. Guards, quality guards can be found deep into the draft. I wouldn't have drafted him at the #2 spot to play guard. Cardinals apparently did though. If it works you up this much, perhaps you should call some one in their organization and see if you can't get a satisfactory explanation on their reasoning behind the pick. I'd hate to see you get an ulcer or something over this.

So, you think that if a guy gets voted to the Pro Bowl in his eighth season of playing football in the league, who has started every game he's played in, a vote by his peers no less, that that means exactly jack? Yeah, I guess the players don't know shit, and we should take the word of some internet dildo who thinks that you can still be an eighth year pro, get voted to the Pro Bowl and still be a bust. Thanks for clearing that up for us Milk. You da man!

Good god, you are the stupoidest motherfucker to ever pound on a keyboard.

I don't give a rat's ass where they played him for his first three seasons, they didn't draft a player that high in the draft to play guard.

They clearly saw what became evident when they did finally play him there to everyone to see.

He sucked ass at LT.

Only a fucking moron of epic proportions would even think to suggest that he was drafted to play guard with the #2 overall pick.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible to be this fucking stupid.

Hell, there isn't a descriptor to do justice to your stupidity.

Count Zarth
04-08-2009, 05:50 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Trade down.
3. Trade down.
4. Trade down.
5. Trade down.

Yup.

NO ONE we draft at #3 is going to be worth a 50 million dollar contract.

NO ONE.

Unless it's Sanchez. If we take him we're trading him, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2009, 05:52 PM

He was drafted to play LT b/c he was drafted #2 overall and no one drafts guards in the top 15, let alone the top 2. Same with centers, right tackles and fullbacks.

Kill yourself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM

The only thing I can think of:

If human rights were intelligence, he'd be the Holocaust.

SNR
04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Sackofgoo-

If Glenn Dorsey fails again at DT this season, but ends up having hidden potential as a long snapper to the point that he is the next Kendall Gammon, does that make him a bust?

The answer is YES.

A good guard is more valuable than a good long snapper, sure, but it's the same principle

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't give a rat's ass where they played him for his first three seasons...

That's obvious.

...they didn't draft a player that high in the draft to play guard.

Apparently they did. Maybe it was just the Cardinals plan to make sure he became accustomed to the speed of the NFL, and decided to work him into the LT position by playing him at guard for his first three seasons in the league. I'm just throwing out some guesses here...obviously you took my initial advice, called the Cardinals and they specifically told you that they drafted him to play left tackle. You seem so sure that this is the case that you must have some concrete inside information.

They clearly saw what became evident when they did finally play him there to everyone to see.

He sucked ass at LT.

I don't know. I didn't watch many Cardinal games when he was at the LT position for them. He started every game, so he must have been a better alternative for them at the LT spot than others. I guess I'll have to trust your superior football analyzing skills for the final determining factor of him sucking ass or not. I'm sure you know a lot more about sucking ass than I do.

Only a ****ing moron of epic proportions would even think to suggest that he was drafted to play guard with the #2 overall pick.

It's probably a feasible explanation as to why the Cardinals have struggled up until this year. Do you personally know the one responsible for picking a guard that high in 2001 in the Cardinals organization? You must, because you are calling them a moron.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible to be this ****ing stupid.

It's okay. Most stupid people don't realize that they are stupid, and it is usually genetic. I'd ask if your parents are stupid too, but then, with you being so stupid, you probably wouldn't know if they were stupid or not. I kinda feel bad for you in a way. I'm sorry if I somehow provoked your stupidity into actually being showcased on a public internets forum. I promise I'll try to help you from here on out. I've worked with retards in the past doing some court ordered charity work, so I think I'll be able to help you out here.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
He was drafted to play LT b/c he was drafted #2 overall and no one drafts guards in the top 15, let alone the top 2. Same with centers, right tackles and fullbacks.

Kill yourself.

Remember, I'm stupid. Perhaps you should show me how do it, then I promise I'll copy what you do.

SNR
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Remember, I'm stupid. Perhaps you should show me how do it, then I promise I'll copy what you do.Your comebacks suck. So do you.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Your comebacks suck. So do you.

What? You didn't like how I talked to your girlfriend? You feel like you have to defend her virtue?

SNR
04-08-2009, 06:18 PM
What? You didn't like how I talked to your girlfriend? You feel like you have to defend her virtue?Now I don't even know WTF you're talking about. :spock:

Have you ever visited Warpaint Illustrated? They seem more like your type.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 06:20 PM
You know, I was wondering, do you think that Sebastian Janikowski was orginally drafted as a OLB, but was a bust, so they switched him to place kicker?

SNR
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
You know, I was wondering, do you think that Sebastian Janikowski was orginally drafted as a OLB, but was a bust, so they switched him to place kicker?No. What's your point?

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Htis, you usually have a little more sense and rationality than the rest of these people. If the Cardinals played him at guard his rookie, as well as subsequent seasons, wouldn't that indicate that he was drafted to play at guard?

But regardless of the draft position issue, if a guy is an eighth year player who has started every game of his career and has made the Pro Bowl, does that equate to a "bust?" Yes or no?

Nope.

The expectation was that Davis was going to be the cornerstone of the line but he couldn't hack it and they moved him to guard.

And you can't just say "regardless of the draft position". He was the 2nd overall pick for Christ's sake...

Coogs
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Best top 5 ive seen so far. Although Brown is growing on me. I would put him above Smith.

On Path to the Draft tonight, the special segment was on the defensive ends. Casserly, Davis, and Mayock were all less than impressed with Brown. Both as a 4-3 defensive end and as a 3-4 OLB. Pretty well said he could get exposed big time in either setting. That is me paraphrasing.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
On Path to the Draft tonight, the special segment was on the defensive ends. Casserly, Davis, and Mayock were all less than impressed with Brown. Both as a 4-3 defensive end and as a 3-4 OLB. Pretty well said he could get exposed big time in either setting. That is me paraphrasing.

Yeah, I've cooled on Brown. Somebody mentioned the FSU legacy the other day and it got me thinking about it, and I've just been down on him ever since. I really don't see any way he'll be good enough for the 4-3 which is really going to limit who looks at him.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I've cooled on Brown. Somebody mentioned the FSU legacy the other day and it got me thinking about it, and I've just been down on him ever since. I really don't see any way he'll be good enough for the 4-3 which is really going to limit who looks at him.

FWIW, Davis did say he could be taught more pass rush moves, and it would be up to the coaches to teach him a few more. But they really could see him struggling in the pass defense area in a 3-4 OLB spot.

Definately a buyer beware type.

crazycoffey
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Good god, you are the stupoidest mother****er to ever pound on a keyboard.

I don't give a rat's ass where they played him for his first three seasons, they didn't draft a player that high in the draft to play guard.

He sucked ass at LT.

Only a ****ing moron of epic proportions would even think to suggest that he was drafted to play guard with the #2 overall pick.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible to be this ****ing stupid.

Does everyones brain just ****ing fall out during draft season? This semantic arguing game is getting really ****ing annoying really ****ing fast. So knock it the **** off and talk like you have a god damn brain.

Your comebacks suck. So do you.

why the big poundage on Saccogoo? Actually, more importantly, is it ever going to be possible to debate different opinions without all the intense animosity fodder?

see how htismaqe does it? all class.....

Nope.

The expectation was that Davis was going to be the cornerstone of the line but he couldn't hack it and they moved him to guard.

And you can't just say "regardless of the draft position". He was the 2nd overall pick for Christ's sake...

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 07:41 PM

No fucking shit.

I take back all (or at least most) of the bad things I said about findthedr.

He looks like a goddamn football genius compared to some of the dipshits that graced us with their presence this offseason.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 07:42 PM

LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
why the big poundage on Saccogoo? Actually, more importantly, is it ever going to be possible to debate different opinions without all the intense animosity fodder?

see how htismaqe does it? all class.....

As the great Patrick Swayze (LMAO) once said: (paraphrasing)

There's a time to be nice, and a time to not be so nice.

Sack-o-shit has gone WELL over the acceptable patience levels with his dipshittery - he deserves whatever he gets.

JASONSAUTO
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Sack-o-shit has gone WELL over the acceptable patience levels with his dipshittery - he deserves whatever he gets.

swayze=great?????:p

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 07:48 PM
swayze=great?????:p

Thus the LMAO

JASONSAUTO
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Thus the LMAO

ROFL there are people that think that way though(sure as hell not me)

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
FWIW, Davis did say he could be taught more pass rush moves, and it would be up to the coaches to teach him a few more. But they really could see him struggling in the pass defense area in a 3-4 OLB spot.

Definately a buyer beware type.

Well, it stands to reason. He's a boom/bust prospect if there ever was one. He's definitely got the most explosive first step of any pass rusher in this draft. I've heard some say he's got one of the best 1st steps they've EVER SEEN, which is phenomenal.

But he's just not fluid in the open field. Who knows, maybe he'll be the next DT. After all, DT had similar holes in his game, even as a pro. Then again, maybe he'll be the next Andre Wadsworth...

DeezNutz
04-08-2009, 07:54 PM

If I were him, I would have fucked the shit out of the skanky blond. Never could understand that decision.

JASONSAUTO
04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
If I were him, I would have fucked the shit out of the skanky blond. Never could understand that decision.

ROFL wasnt she a doctor too?

DeezNutz
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM
ROFL wasnt she a doctor too?

He fucked that one. I'm talking about the one who strips and asks him, "Want to go back to my place and fuck?"

The answer, Patrick, is, "Yes."

crazycoffey
04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
If you can't walk him to the door, get a buddy and you can both walk him to the door, but be nice!

what if he calls my momma a whore?

Is she?

Coogs
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, it stands to reason. He's a boom/bust prospect if there ever was one. He's definitely got the most explosive first step of any pass rusher in this draft. I've heard some say he's got one of the best 1st steps they've EVER SEEN, which is phenomenal.

But he's just not fluid in the open field. Who knows, maybe he'll be the next DT. After all, DT had similar holes in his game, even as a pro. Then again, maybe he'll be the next Andre Wadsworth...

They actually called him a "One Trick Pony". And they did not know if he could survive with just the one move, and being a liability against the run as well.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
why the big poundage on Saccogoo?

They secretly love me. It's kind of like that kid in the fifth grade that picks on the one girl at recess incessantly. It's not that he hates her, he actually loves her and always will. It's the same thing here. They desire and love me so much that they need to have me give them attention, but they are shy and coy about their real feelings towards me. So they act out in a way that they think their peers will find acceptable and still receive attention from me. I think it's cute, and if I was gay, I'd even flirt with them a bit. However, I'm not, so I just find happiness in making them look foolish and silly with their rantings and ravings.

crazycoffey
04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
They secretly love me. It's kind of like that kid in the fifth grade that picks on the one girl at recess incessantly. It's not that he hates her, he actually loves her and always will. It's the same thing here. They desire and love me so much that they need to have me give them attention, but they are shy and coy about their real feelings towards me. So they act out in a way that they think their peers will find acceptable and still receive attention from me. I think it's cute, and if I was gay, I'd even flirt with them a bit. However, I'm not, so I just find happiness in making them look foolish and silly with their rantings and ravings.

silly faggot, dicks are for chicks!!!

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
They actually called him a "One Trick Pony". And they did not know if he could survive with just the one move, and being a liability against the run as well.

Like I said, Derrick Thomas combined basically one ripping pass rush move with one of the most explosive first steps in the history of football into a Hall of Fame career. Teams ran right at him and he couldn't do anything about it. And he really couldn't cover either.

Saccopoo
04-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Like I said, Derrick Thomas combined basically one ripping pass rush move with one of the most explosive first steps in the history of football into a Hall of Fame career. Teams ran right at him and he couldn't do anything about it. And he really couldn't cover either.

Yep, and that's what kept him out of the Hall of Fame for a couple of years. Guys, players remembered he couldn't play the run or pass for shit. Could get into the back field though.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Yep, and that's what kept him out of the Hall of Fame for a couple of years. Guys, players remembered he couldn't play the run or pass for shit. Could get into the back field though.

The biggest problem with Brown is that I could EASILY see him being like Thomas - even with the flaws, we'd all take it in a heartbeat. And just as easily, I could see him being a career backup because he can't play any position well.

SNR
04-08-2009, 10:12 PM
They secretly love me. It's kind of like that kid in the fifth grade that picks on the one girl at recess incessantly. It's not that he hates her, he actually loves her and always will. It's the same thing here. They desire and love me so much that they need to have me give them attention, but they are shy and coy about their real feelings towards me. So they act out in a way that they think their peers will find acceptable and still receive attention from me. I think it's cute, and if I was gay, I'd even flirt with them a bit. However, I'm not, so I just find happiness in making them look foolish and silly with their rantings and ravings.We insult you because you refuse to listen to reason. It's NOT FUCKING SMART to draft non-LT offensive line positions with the 3rd overall selection in the draft. You get zero value out of it.

SBK
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
The biggest problem with Brown is that I could EASILY see him being like Thomas - even with the flaws, we'd all take it in a heartbeat. And just as easily, I could see him being a career backup because he can't play any position well.

Yeah, if he turns into a stud he'd be big time, but it's so easy to see him as less than Tamba Hali too.

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Chiefs are meeting with Rey this week.

I like how Pioli is covering all the bases.

SBK
04-08-2009, 10:46 PM

He's awesome at keeping you guessing. I don't seem to remember that being the King's suit.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2009, 10:49 PM
He's awesome at keeping you guessing. I don't seem to remember that being the King's suit.

Hell no its how I was able to pick so many of Peterson's draft picks the last few years including both kicker and punter picks.

Mecca
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't think Everette Brown is the typical FSU line prospect, so I think that legacy should be looked at with a grain of salt I can be in depth about it if anyone really wants to know.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
For all the Curry lovers - #59 is open on the Chiefs roster.

Saccopoo
04-09-2009, 01:33 AM

Ayep.

Hey Htis, can you be the designated poster for the intolerant assholes around here until draft day? You are already carrying the motherload in terms of rationality for that side of the argument...

SNR
04-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Ayep.

Hey Htis, can you be the designated poster for the intolerant assholes around here until draft day? You are already carrying the motherload in terms of rationality for that side of the argument...Yep. You're one mountain of rationality, that's for sure. Posts like this one below. Rational.

Real Top Five:
1. Aaron Curry
2. Brian Orakpo
3. Michael Oher
4. Eugene Monroe
5. Beanie Wells

CP Insider Top Five:
1. St. Sanchez

Rational. Teach me the ways of being tolerant and rational like you, please.

Kill yourself.

htismaqe
04-09-2009, 07:26 AM

Yep.

htismaqe
04-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I don't think Everette Brown is the typical FSU line prospect, so I think that legacy should be looked at with a grain of salt I can be in depth about it if anyone really wants to know.

Maybe not. But it's still a concern. I'm a big believer in history and pedigree.

kcbubb
04-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Yep. You're one mountain of rationality, that's for sure. Posts like this one below. Rational.

Rational. Teach me the ways of being tolerant and rational like you, please.

Kill yourself.

Saccogoo may not always be right, but the guy is funny. And I think he has a good point with the argument of drafting a QB and wanting to trade him. Really, has anyone ever done that and successfully traded a QB that they planned to trade??? Not like the Manning Rivers trade that was predetermined, but just draft a guy and sit on the pick and hope to trade the QB????? Has it ever happened? just curious.

Coogs
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Saccogoo may not always be right, but the guy is funny.

That's no kidding. Post #13 in "The Way We Hear It -- Draft Edition" thread had me laughing for several minutes last night. It even maked me giggle a bit this morning. :)

Saccopoo
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM
My newly amended, Thursday edition of my top five for #3:

1. Brian Orakpo
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Tyson Jackson
4. Aaron Curry
5. Andre Smith

Mecca
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
If we draft Brian Orakpo I will literally stop being a fan.

You did that on purpose I'm sure since I hate most of those players.

philfree
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
My newly amended, Thursday edition of my top five for #3:

1. Brian Orakpo
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Tyson Jackson
4. Aaron Curry
5. Andre Smith

I'm not saying it's what I want but if the Chiefs went OT wouldn't Andre Smith be the best pick. I'd hate to draft a RT but he'd be the best RT of the ones in this draft and better then Alberts would ever be at RT. WE'd Alberts/ Waters on one side and Goff Smith on the other. We'd have the edges covered.

Pestilence
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm not saying it's what I want but if the Chiefs went OT wouldn't Andre Smith be the best pick. I'd hate to draft a RT but he'd be the best RT of the ones in this draft and better then Alberts would ever be at RT. WE'd Alberts/ Waters on one side and Goff Smith on the other. We'd have the edges covered.

Drafting a LT when you already have one....so you can move your current LT to RT is retarded.

Drafting a RT at #3 is borderline brain dead.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
For all the Curry lovers - #59 is open on the Chiefs roster.

So is the Eucharist

http://www.correctionhistory.org/html/chronicl/nycdoc/raphael/images/eucharist.jpg

Saccopoo
04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
If we draft Brian Orakpo I will literally stop being a fan.

You did that on purpose I'm sure since I hate most of those players.

Smoke and a pancake? Pipe and a waffle? Bong and a blintz? I see that there is no pleasing you.

Mecca
04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Drafting a LT when you already have one....so you can move your current LT to RT is retarded.

Why is our fan base so dumb?

Why do they have these ridiculous thoughts of these undervalued positions. Wanting a RT top 3, just shoot me.

Mecca
04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Smoke and a pancake? Pipe and a waffle? Bong and a blintz? I see that there is no pleasing you.

I hate Brian Orakpo with a passion, that guy is going to suck that's my opinion, I don't have anything nice to say of him.

Deberg_1990
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I hate Brian Orakpo with a passion, that guy is going to suck that's my opinion, I don't have anything nice to say of him.

I dont like Texas players. They have a long history of being soft. (Priest Holmes was the exception of course)

Saccopoo
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM

You said borderline...so there's a chance, no?

In actuality, Smith at RT with Albert at LT is a fantastic foundation for a long time. It really isn't that far of a stretch to consider it. And considering that your RT is usually a converted LT high pick "bust," why go through all the melodrama and time and effort. Draft Smith at #3, put him in at RT and Bingo!, you've got the best young bookends in the NFL who would/could quickly learn and develop the synergy with our QB and RB's and Voila!, the Chiefs are once again an offensive threat.

Smith was widely regarded as the best offensive lineman in this draft. It's not like we don't need help on the right side. Makes sense to me.

philfree
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM

You did read the part that said I'm not saying it's what I want didn't you?

Mecca
04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Why must some people so ridiculously overvalue the offensive line around here...someone quick tell me how many teams have more than 1 1st round pick on their line...alot of teams don't have any.