Infidel Goat
04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
:cuss:

unothadeal
04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
:clap: Mr. Farnsworth :clap:

MIAdragon
04-07-2009, 03:38 PM
This will be the first of many, might as well stick this thread... :)

Jenson71
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Burn your hand on a stove, Farnsworth.

Mecca
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Like I said, we'd have been better off with Farnsworth Bentley.

OmahaChief
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Eff Farnsworthless. You effin sack of crap. You should be working as a jizz mopper at the local jack shack instead of pitching for the Royals. I hate you.

Kraus
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Hopefully he'll punch a brick wall....

Can we officially nickname him Farnsworthless?

gblowfish
04-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Farnsworth sucks, but Hillman sucks more for pitching to him in that situation. Walk him, pitch to Dye.

KCKY-Fan4life
04-07-2009, 03:54 PM
What a joke. We had that game almost in the bag. The Mexicutioner was going to mow down Chicago in the 9th!!!! Fuc-king jerk off. I wish we still had Dotel as our setup guy.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I hate you kyle very very much, now go fuck urself

noa
A huge nationwide I-told-you-so. One of the worst signings I've ever seen.

ChiTown
What a joke. We had that game almost in the bag. The Mexicutioner was going to mow down Chicago in the 9th!!!! Fuc-king jerk off. I wish we still had Dotel as our setup guy.

We have Dotel....but his name is now Cruz!

58kcfan89
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
We have Dotel....but his name is now Cruz!

This. Going into the 8th, you either
a) Keep Meche in
b) put in Cruz
c) put in Mayhay
d) put in Soria for the last out of the 8th to the end of the game

if all of the above fail, THEN and only then do you put in Farnsy.:shake:

CoMoChief
04-07-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont know why we didn't bring in Mayhay, he's been a solid set up man for Soria.

Ari Chi3fs
04-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Farnsworthless is this years Jimmy Gobble. bank on it.

-King-
04-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I was excited about the game but couldnt watch it. I saw that we had the lead late in the game, so why didnt we put one of our better closers in? Why did we put in this kid(who I've never heard of before this day)?

Mecca
04-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Kid lol, Farnsworth is has been in the league forever.

SBK
04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Does he still have the 100mph+ fastball but chooses to throw his crappy curve over and over and over and over?

Buck
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Farnsworth = Former Roider

I've seen the roid rage before.

Zman
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Farnsworth sucks, but Hillman sucks more for pitching to him in that situation. Walk him, pitch to Dye.
Yep Hillman blew it. Thome owns the Royals always has.

Pitt Gorilla
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Farnsworth sucks, but Hillman sucks more for pitching to him in that situation. Walk him, pitch to Dye.Yup. This loss is really on Hillman, even though Farnsworth may stink.

petegz28
04-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Hillman had no business bringing in Farnsworth. Let alone letting him pitch to Tomen with 2 runners on in a 1 run game.

Denver Dave
04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Farnsworth = Former Roider

I've seen the roid rage before.

Not only is Farnsworth a roid head, he's just a trainwreck period when it comes to narcotics. This guy was a legend around Chicago showing at social events drunk, stoned and coked up.

ChiTown
04-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Not only is Farnsworth a roid head, he's just a trainwreck period when it comes to narcotics. This guy was a legend around Chicago showing at social events drunk, stoned and coked up.

The KC Royals:

Fucking up Baseball since November 1985.............

Spicy McHaggis
04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I hear Hootie throws an 80 Mph fastball and can be paid in X-Box Live subscriptions. Maybe KC should take a look.

Buck
04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Farnsworth was involved in a brawl that occurred in the 2003 season when his former team, the Chicago Cubs, were playing the Cincinnati Reds. Reds pitcher Paul Wilson stepped out of the batter's box after an inside pitch, and started to yell at Farnsworth. Farnsworth then met Wilson a short distance from home plate and speared him to the ground. He was suspended three games for his actions, but MLB reduced the suspension to two games.[3]

In the 2004 season, Farnsworth angrily kicked an electric fan in the Cubs' dugout after an outing in which he gave up six runs in one inning to the Houston Astros. Farnsworth ended up severely bruising and spraining his knee in the process, and was placed on the disabled list as a result.[4]

Farnsworth also was involved in a bench-clearing fight in the 2005 season while playing for the Detroit Tigers, against the Kansas City Royals at Comerica Park. After order appeared to have been restored, Farnsworth charged Royals pitcher Jeremy Affeldt and tackled him to the ground in a similar fashion as he did with Paul Wilson. He was ejected from the game.[5]

On April 17, 2008, Farnsworth threw behind Boston Red Sox left fielder Manny Ramirez. While Farnsworth claimed that the ball slipped out of his hand as a result of trying to throw the ball as hard as possible, Ramirez was skeptical and surmised that the pitch was retaliation for Alex Rodriguez being plunked the prior night after hitting a home run in the game. Following Farnsworth's pitch, the umpire issued warnings to both dugouts that any ill-intentions from that point forward would result in ejections.

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Farnsworth = EPIC FAIL

thurman merman
04-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Can we officially nickname him Farnsworthless?

ROFL

KcMizzou
04-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Time to bring Kenny Powers in for a look.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2009, 05:22 PM
http://j.photos.cx/penisahoy-202.png

CoMoChief
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Fuck Carlos Pena. FUUU******* HIM.

0/4 4 strikeouts. JFC.

thurman merman
04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I was excited about the game but couldnt watch it. I saw that we had the lead late in the game, so why didnt we put one of our better closers in? Why did we put in this kid(who I've never heard of before this day)?

first of all, they only have one closer.

secondly, he is 32 years old.

ChiTown
04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Time to bring Kenny Powers in for a look.

ROFL

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
where was Soria? I'm not exactly up to date on Royals baseball, but you'd think they'd put him in that situation.

gblowfish
04-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Here's an article from one of my pals in Chicago, written in the Tribune. Farnsy used to be a Cub. He's basically universally hated by every team he's ever played for.

Oh, good for us.

Kyle Farnsworth always enticing, always disappointing

Kansas City Royals reliever fails again on Jim Thome homer

Phil Rogers | On Baseball
April 8, 2009

"Anybody but Farnsworth."

That's what the T-shirts said. They were on sale outside Yankee Stadium last summer, a sign of just how little Kyle Farnsworth had done to gain the confidence of fans during his three years in New York.

Farnsworth is an enigma — a powerful, built-for-combat baseball warrior with an affinity for bazookas and a trigger finger envied even by the FBI's finest who never learned to put away games. You would wonder if maybe he had gone into the wrong line of work unless you were, say, his accountant or car dealer.

The White Sox were never out of Tuesday's Opening Day game against Kansas City, but it hadn't looked like their day for seven innings. Then they saw something hopeful: Kansas City manager Trey Hillman warming up Farnsworth to replace Gil Meche.

If you knew Farnsworth's history like a Chicagoan should (see eighth inning, Game 6, vs. Florida Marlins, 2003 National League Championship Series), it was at that point Tuesday that you thought, hey, this is going to get good. And, boy, did it.

Jim Thome drove a 2-1 fastball into the seats in left-center field for a three-run homer and a 4-2 White Sox victory over the Royals. Hillman, like Jim Leyland, Joe Girardi, Joe Torre and Dusty Baker before him, was left to answer why he had entrusted the one-run lead to Farnsworth.

He had another new arm available to get the lead to closer Joakim Soria — Juan Cruz, another former Cub, this time coming off a strong season with Arizona — but wanted to see how Farnsworth would handle the situation. Now he knows.

"He left a pitch out over the plate," Hillman said. "It was just a question of location."

You bet it was. But the question of location is: Why is the 32-year-old Farnsworth in the Kansas City bullpen in the first place?

He throws hard. He can't be trusted. But teams can't stop thinking that they are going to be the one to make him into a top-of-the-line setup man, if not a closer.

Farnsworth's one-inning, four-hit, three-run outing left him with a 30-49 career record and 4.50 ERA. Yet the Royals just gave him a two-year deal for $9.25 million.

You would say Kansas City has sunk to a low when it has to overpay for second-tier talent. But that doesn't explain Farnsworth's previous contract — a three-year, $17-million deal he signed with the Yankees after the best stretch of his career, two months with Atlanta in 2005 (ending with allowing two homers in an 18-inning playoff elimination loss to Houston).

There always has been an infatuation with Farnsworth's fastball, physique and vacant stare that offsets the predictable disappointment. Baker experienced it after arriving as the Cubs' manager in 2003.

On one off day early in the season, he decided he wanted to find out what made Farnsworth tick. So he tagged along to the FBI's firing range in Atlanta.

On one of those courses designed to look like an everyday setting but with pop-up targets that were either bad guys with guns or mamas with babies in their arms, Farnsworth not only outshot Baker, who likes his firearms, but just about set the all-time record for his judgment and deadly shooting. Agents came down from their offices to watch as word spread about the pitcher with the quick draw.

Unfortunately, that accuracy doesn't translate on a diamond.

That's why Hillman had left-hander Ron Mahay and Cruz warming up when Farnsworth started the eighth.

"I had them up [in case] he couldn't throw strikes," Hillman said. "As soon as he struck out [Carlos Quentin for the second out], I had Mahay sit down."

Bad mistake.

With two on and two outs, Farnsworth missed the strike zone with his first two fastballs to Thome — one at 96 m.p.h., the second at 95.

"I got behind him 2-0," said Farnsworth, wearing glasses and a few days' worth of stubble on his face. "You have to come back with a fastball. I just got it up."

Thome actually took the 2-0 fastball for a strike. But Farnsworth stuck with the fastball at 2-1. Thome produced a game-winning homer, just as he had done off Minnesota's Nick Blackburn in Game 163 last season.

The Sox will see a lot of Farnsworth this season given the heavy schedule of division play. But Opening Day might be the last time they see him on the mound when they trail by one run.

"It's always good to get off to a good start," said Farnsworth, who didn't. "It always [stinks] when you don't. You just keep on going."

He does, anyway.

progers@tribune.com

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-08-2009, 04:15 PM
If this were really an official thread it would have been "Farnsworthless" in the title.

Infidel Goat
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
If this were really an official thread it would have been "Farnsworthless" in the title.

Dang--it won't let me edit the external thread title even though it will in the first post....

Sorry, Dr. Fever...

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Damn mine was a repost! How did I miss this thread?

cabletech94
04-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Damn mine was a repost! How did I miss this thread?

Yea, I thought I was pretty original the other day with my Kyle Farnsworth"less".

Then I saw this thread.

Foiled again.

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Yea, I thought I was pretty original the other day with my Kyle Farnsworth"less".

Then I saw this thread.

Foiled again.

ROFL when your as bad as he his and you have that as a last name, it's gotta be a common occurrence.

Deberg_1990
04-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Can the Royals go ahead and cut their losses with this turd already??

What would it cost us? anyone know? Any guy off the street can do better than an 18+ ERA.

WoodDraw
04-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Can the Royals go ahead and cut their losses with this turd already??

What would it cost us? anyone know? Any guy off the street can do better than an 18+ ERA.

A little over $9 million

MIAdragon
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
A little over $9 million

Stuck like chuck. :shake:

Deberg_1990
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
A little over $9 million

Yeeeah. Dayton and Hillman are the saviors....Blah.

clyde05
04-20-2009, 03:27 AM
get rid of farnsworth and ramirez, should of never signed either one of them!