PDA

View Full Version : Football Ding Dong Elways Gone!

RustShack
04-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Jack Elway leaving Sun Devils team
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Jack Elway, son of Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway, has decided to leave the Arizona State football team.

Elway, a redshirt freshman quarterback, will remain at Arizona State as a student, however.

"He's just tired of football and wants to do something else with his life," Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson said Monday, according to The Arizona Republic. "He made a decision, and we all understand it. He would have played here eventually."

Elway, who was in a five-way battle for the starting quarterback job this fall, was considered to be behind senior Danny Sullivan and redshirt sophomore Samson Szakacsy on the depth chart, with sophomore Chasen Stangel and freshman Brock Osweiler also in the mix.

Elway, out of Cherry Creek (Colo.) High School, did not play in a scrimmage last weekend.

Rooster
04-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Quiter

Mr. Arrowhead
04-07-2009, 04:50 PM
what a pussy

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
He looks like the old man. I see that's all he has in common apparently.

Rain Man
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Those Elways never play for the team that drafts them.

CaliforniaChief
04-07-2009, 05:25 PM
This isn't Cutler's kid, is it?

LaChapelle
04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Chocolate sponge cake with a creamy center?

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
such a tough life the kid has had.

Skip Towne
04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm not the starter? I'm taking my ball and going home.

SPchief
04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Daddy told me that if I don't like the team I'm gonna be on, I don't have to play for them

Ebolapox
04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
wait, thought we were supposed to draft him in four years and fuck denver in the ass with him?

oh well. should be easy to pick him up as an UDFA :p

King_Chief_Fan
04-08-2009, 08:55 AM
what a pussy

he must have more of his momma in him than his daddy

Frankie
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Quiter

For every quitting Jack Elway there is at least one courageous guy who can't even spell the word. :thumb:

Raised On Riots
04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
For every quitting Jack Elway there is at least one courageous guy who can't even spell the word. :thumb:

ROFL

Kerberos
04-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Jack Elway leaving Sun Devils team
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Jack Elway, son of Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway, has decided to leave the Arizona State football team.

Elway, a redshirt freshman quarterback, will remain at Arizona State as a student, however.

"He's just tired of football and wants to do something else with his life," Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson said Monday, according to The Arizona Republic. "He made a decision, and we all understand it. He would have played here eventually."

Elway, who was in a five-way battle for the starting quarterback job this fall, was considered to be behind senior Danny Sullivan and redshirt sophomore Samson Szakacsy on the depth chart, with sophomore Chasen Stangel and freshman Brock Osweiler also in the mix.

Elway, out of Cherry Creek (Colo.) High School, did not play in a scrimmage last weekend.

Sorry but this could also be a hidden meaning that the kid SUCKS but the coach didn't want to be the one saying it?

Phil Simms was NOT a superstart QB but his son is not even CLOSE to being the QB his dad was. This may be a case of JACK ELWAY isn't that good.

being 5 deep may just be a smoke screen.

kysirsoze
04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Sorry but this could also be a hidden meaning that the kid SUCKS but the coach didn't want to be the one saying it?

Phil Simms was NOT a superstart QB but his son is not even CLOSE to being the QB his dad was. This may be a case of JACK ELWAY isn't that good.

being 5 deep may just be a smoke screen.

possible, but it could also be he's been pressured into being the Peyton to John's Archie and he never really wanted it.

baitism
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I guess it's back to the stable with him...

Raised On Riots
04-08-2009, 12:33 PM
I guess it's back to the stable with him...

ROFL

vailpass
04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
That probably was not an easy thing to do. I respect the kid for wanting to be himself and not his dad.

StcChief
04-08-2009, 12:59 PM
That probably was not an easy thing to do. I respect the kid for wanting to be himself and not his dad.
no let's see that happen, he'll be mgr at one of John's car dealerships.

vailpass
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
no let's see that happen, he'll be mgr at one of John's car dealerships.

Elway sold his dealerships to AutoNation years ago. Restaurants, the Colorado arenal league team, financial markets and bull semen are where Big John makes his $ these days.

Crush
04-08-2009, 01:18 PM
It is not a total loss. Last I heard, he was going to the glue factory.

vailpass
04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
It is not a total loss. Last I heard, he was going to the glue factory.

You allude to a horse-like appearance then cleverly mesh that with a remark regarding a glue factory, the well-known mythical endpoint for old horses. In turn you seek to illicit a response that arises from the intended humor and attempted cleverness of your statement. The most striking feature of your effort is its originality and freshness.

Crush
04-08-2009, 01:27 PM
You allude to a horse-like appearance then cleverly mesh that with a remark regarding a glue factory, the well-known mythical endpoint for old horses. In turn you seek to illicit a response that arises from the intended humor and attempted cleverness of your statement. The most striking feature of your effort is its originality and freshness.

ROFL Rep

vailpass
04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
ROFL Rep

I apparently have too much time on my hands today. Think I'll go for a bike ride. Thanks for having a good sense of humor.

Raised On Riots
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Who's says he's not following in Dad's footsteps?

"He's just tired of football and wants to do something else with his life"

There's still PLENTY of boozing to be done in his life, especially in college.
See, look for the positive connections that bind!