PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Print 'em 4/7/2009 edition

LaChapelle
04-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Chiefs Sign WR Rodney Wright, LS Tanner Purdum
Apr 07, 2009, 4:31:49 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04/07/chiefs_sign_wr_rodney_wright_ls_tanner_purdum/

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that the club has signed WR Rodney Wright and LS Tanner Purdum.

Wright originally entered the NFL as a seventh-round draft pick (250th overall) of Buffalo in 2002. He spent portions of the 2002 and 2003 seasons on the Bills practice squad. The Bakersfield, California native played four seasons with the San Jose Sabercats (2005-08) of the Arena Football League. He caught 292 passes for 3,229 yards (11.1 avg.) with 42 TDs to go with 18 carries for 30 yards with five TDs and 113 kickoff returns for 2,450 yards (21.7 avg.) and four scores.

The Fresno State product caught a school-record 222 passes during his four-year collegiate career. Wright posted 104 catches for 1,630 yards as a senior, the best seasonal marks in school history to earn second-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors. He was a prep standout at Bakersfield High School.

Purdum was a four-year letterman as a long snapper and quarterback at Baker University (2004-07) in Baldwin City, Kansas. He served as a graduate assistant with the Wildcats in 2008, working with the wide receivers.

Hog Farmer
04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Hell yes !!!

Who ?

the Talking Can
04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Sippio 2

here we go

chiefs1111
04-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Sippio 2

here we go

Yup he will be this years training camp hero

EyePod
04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Man, I bet this guy outshines Bobby Sippio...

Pablo
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Man, I bet this guy outshines Bobby Sippio...
Pssshh..you can't outshine the brightest star in the sky.

Micjones
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
These two players have been highly scouted recently by...

Uh... AllState and American Family.
There's a brutal bidding war for their services.

Coach
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
These two players have been highly scouted recently by...

Uh... AllState and American Family.
There's a brutal bidding war for their services.

Well, the Chiefs are shopping for a good insurance and finding out which one is cheaper.

Crush
04-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I dare say... THE DEAL IS DONE!!!

Ebolapox
04-08-2009, 12:36 AM
yo, we so far ahead of our time
if you could stop life and press rewind
you still wouldn't catch up til' 2k and a dime.

ya heard?

SNR
04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Sippio 2

here we goI'll start.

Well fuck, at least this guy can catch the ball. He's better than Will Franklin

Jawshco
04-08-2009, 01:47 AM
I hope Rodney finds a way to make this team. He's not a very tall guy, and not the fastest ever, but he has great hands and always made amazing plays at Fresno State. Rodney and Bernard Berrian were David Carr's #1 and #2 WR's, but I think Rodney all in all was the better college WR. I don't know if he can make it in the pros, but he's certainly my favorite local WR in the past 10 years or so at Fresno. Which I know, isn't saying a whole lot, but he's a motor guy who can tends to make things happen, and yes he can actually CATCH the ball...

SNR
04-08-2009, 01:48 AM
I hope Rodney finds a way to make this team. He's not a very tall guy, and not the fastest ever, but he has great hands and always made amazing plays at Fresno State. Rodney and Bernard Berrian were David Carr's #1 and #2 WR's, but I think Rodney all in all was the better college WR. I don't know if he can make it in the pros, but he's certainly my favorite local WR in the past 10 years or so at Fresno. Which I know, isn't saying a whole lot, but he's a motor guy who can tends to make things happen, and yes he can actually CATCH the ball...And so it begins...

Thig Lyfe
04-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Sippio 2: The Wrightening

King_Chief_Fan
04-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I hope Rodney finds a way to make this team. He's not a very tall guy, and not the fastest ever, but he has great hands and always made amazing plays at Fresno State. Rodney and Bernard Berrian were David Carr's #1 and #2 WR's, but I think Rodney all in all was the better college WR. I don't know if he can make it in the pros, but he's certainly my favorite local WR in the past 10 years or so at Fresno. Which I know, isn't saying a whole lot, but he's a motor guy who can tends to make things happen, and yes he can actually CATCH the ball...

wow, you have to be kidding. He couldn't play in the big time and had to play arena ball. Better than Bernard Berrian? Where do you people come up with this stuff?

RustShack
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
wow, you have to be kidding. He couldn't play in the big time and had to play arena ball. Better than Bernard Berrian? Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Drew Henson was better than Tom Brady in college, is it impossible for Wright to be a better WR than Berrian in college?

ChiTown
04-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Sippio 2

here we go

Except that Wright is all of 5'9" and a whopping 170#'s

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM

IN COLLEGE.

Do people not read around here anymore?

Jawshco
04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Except that Wright is all of 5'9" and a whopping 170#'s

Yeah, I think that's one reason why Wright never got much of a shot in the pro's, and to be honest I'm not sure he'll make it work, but he was always fun to watch in Fresno, and is the type of guy you'd like to see succeed.

I don't think he has the speed to be the next Dante Hall (I don't think he was ever the KR/PR in college anyway) or the next anybody honestly, but he can catch the ball and just always seemed to make all the clutch plays.

I'm hoping for the best for the guy. He's definitely the type of personality I can see working in that "Patriot" type lockeroom.

SNR
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Except that Wright is all of 5'9" and a whopping 170#'sJJ Moses part deux

Micjones
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Can he return punts/kicks?

Jawshco
04-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Can he return punts/kicks?

I don't remember that ever being his forte in college, and I don't think he has the elusive speed that would be needed, but at least he'd be smart enough to catch the ball and run forward. The guy we had last year seemed too scared to attempt a return. Honestly, I'm not sure what role he'd play other than having really solid hands and being a great locker room guy.

Jawshco
04-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Apparently, he did return kicks his sophmore and Junior year at Fresno State. He had a decent average return as well.

Anyway, Wiki makes it sound like he was a He-Man when healthy for that wacky Arenaball league:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Wright
Oh, and his Arenaball highlight reel does look a little Dante-ish

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3PPYUW7YJM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3PPYUW7YJM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ChiefGator
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
All that highlight reel tells me is that Arena Football sucks. Man he was wide open so much of the time.