PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Poll on LJ over on Star Sports Page

Coogs
04-08-2009, 07:47 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/

Should he stay? Or Should he go?

824 folks have weighed in their opinions as of this post.

raybec 4
04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
900 votes 70% say get rid of him

EyePod
04-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I have yet to hear a good reason for getting rid of him. The "cancer" idea is stupid. He's in there and participating. He f'd up off the field. Hasn't done anything since. You guys were all OK with JA even though he kept screwing up. If LJ doesn't get in trouble off of the field, I want him here. Plus we can cut him any time without worrying about giving him tons of cash.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I have yet to hear a good reason for getting rid of him. The "cancer" idea is stupid. He's in there and participating. He f'd up off the field. Hasn't done anything since. You guys were all OK with JA even though he kept screwing up. If LJ doesn't get in trouble off of the field, I want him here. Plus we can cut him any time without worrying about giving him tons of cash.

The poll doesn't ask for reasons. Just Stay or Go.

InChiefsHell
04-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Do they have a "I don't give a shit, just win" option?

Rain Man
04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't understand people who want to get rid of a good player.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 08:17 AM

You know the answer to this. I'm not going to say it, or this thread will get moved to DC or closed altogether.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-08-2009, 08:40 AM

I totally disagree. I want LJ to stay here the same as I wanted Jared too. But IIRC, the majority of this board was all for trading JA. The lamenting didn't start until he started kicking ass for Minnesota.

ChiTown
04-08-2009, 08:43 AM
It's a 2-1 landslide. I hate that sack of crap.

DeepSouth
04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
It's not a "yes" or "no" question without knowing if he leaves by being released or traded.

If they were to get rid of him by releasing him, then I'd vote "no". At least until after training camp.

If they were to get rid of him by trading for another player, it'd depend on what they got for him. If they got a player that would start, I'd vote "yes". If they got a player that would not start, I'd vote "no".

If they were to get rid of him by trading for draft picks, it would depend on the draft pick(s). If it was for anything earlier than a fourth, I'd for "yes". Anything after the third, I'd vote "no".

ChiTown
04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
It's not a "yes" or "no" question without knowing if he leaves by being released or traded.

If they were to get rid of him by releasing him, then I'd vote "no". At least until after training camp.

If they were to get rid of him by trading for another player, it'd depend on what they got for him. If they got a player that would start, I'd vote "yes". If they got a player that would not start, I'd vote "no".

If they were to get rid of him by trading for draft picks, it would depend on the draft pick(s). If it was for anything earlier than a fourth, I'd for "yes". Anything after the third, I'd vote "no".

Actually, in this situation, it's addition by subtraction.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 08:58 AM

I wasn't ok with Jared Allen. He needed to keep himself clean, and so far he's done that at someone else's expense. Good for him. I still don't see trading him as a BAD idea like some.

As for Larry, I don't care what they do with him. If they keep him, I hope he does well. If they ship him, great. Don't care.

milkman
04-08-2009, 08:59 AM

You want a good reason other than attitude?

Here it is.

LJ has limited vison and patience, is considered a power back who has limited power, can't (or won't) block, is a marginal reciever, who has only ever done one thing well, that being lowering his shoulder and knocking smaller defenders on their ass when he got into the second level, but in the last two seasons has pussified and hasn't even done that.

In short, he simply sucks ass.

DeezNutz
04-08-2009, 09:13 AM

Here it is.

LJ has limited vison and patience, is considered a power back who has limited power, can't (or won't) block, is a marginal reciever, who has only ever done one thing well, that being lowering his shoulder and knocking smaller defenders on their ass when he got into the second level, but in the last two seasons has pussified and hasn't even done that.

But, but, but, but...he's a Chief111

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Male violence towards women is a taboo that runs deep in this country. LJ may leave KC, but that will dog him for life.

Chief Faithful
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM

Here it is.

You analysis seems spot on. I think he could be real good in limited roles, but will he accept a limited role? I think he would piss and moan then go out and beat another female in another bar. I say get what you can for him now.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Here it is.

:clap:

SenselessChiefsFan
04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I totally disagree. I want LJ to stay here the same as I wanted Jared too. But IIRC, the majority of this board was all for trading JA. The lamenting didn't start until he started kicking ass for Minnesota.

I, for one am still glad that they traded Jared Allen. I am not sure he has his act together. If you watched him on tape last year, he was not as good as he was in 2007. The difference is that he played on a better line.

Now, I would have MUCH rather traded LJ, but I don't think the Chiefs had a decent offer.

Allen doesn't fit in a 3-4 anyways.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-08-2009, 09:51 AM

Here it is.

About the only thing I can find fault with is the limited power part. I am not for getting rid right now for nothing, because he is still clearly the best overall back on the roster.

Also, last year was his first in the zone running scheme, and the transition was even harder running out of the spread formation.

Not going to hurt my feelings if he goes, but he is out best everydown back right now.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
A little over 2500 votes as of this post.

Go - 1726 69%
Stay - 782 31%

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Male violence towards women is a taboo that runs deep in this country. LJ may leave KC, but that will dog him for life.

But drinking and driving, and dogfighting, there are two perfectly acceptable practices.

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
But drinking and driving, and dogfighting, there are two perfectly acceptable practices.

And that has just what to do, with this poll about LJ? A poll at the KC Star.

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
And that has just what to do, with this poll about LJ? A poll at the KC Star.

Just an observation.

People around here fell all over themselves defending Jared Allen, who had alcohol related issues dating back to college.

People here continue to say that Vick should get another chance, after murdering dogs via electrocution, body-slamming and dogfighting, as well as gambling - which got Pete Rose banned from his sport.

I'm not defending LJ's actions by any means, but there is a massive double standard around this place.

Katipan
04-08-2009, 10:20 AM

I don't know about that. We tend to forgive superstars.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Just an observation.

People around here fell all over themselves defending Jared Allen, who had alcohol related issues dating back to college.

People here continue to say that Vick should get another chance, after murdering dogs via electrocution, body-slamming and dogfighting, as well as gambling - which got Pete Rose banned from his sport.

I'm not defending LJ's actions by any means, but there is a massive double standard around this place.

I voted Go. And it had far, far more to do with what Milkman posted than anything else. I am way more interested in the Chiefs in the long haul than I am interested in the Chiefs 2009 version. Sure, I want to see better things in 2009, but the long term vision of where the Chiefs are going is much more important to me.

Going in a different direction with this franchise should not stop with the people in the front office and coaching staffs. A trade scenario would be the better option, but just cutting ties if that does not happen would be addition by subtraction as well.

JMO

Buehler445
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Wait. What? JA I saw. Are people really advocating Vick get another chance?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
04-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I voted Go. And it had far, far more to do with what Milkman posted than anything else. I am way more interested in the Chiefs in the long haul than I am interested in the Chiefs 2009 version. Sure, I want to see better things in 2009, but the long term vision of where the Chiefs are going is much more important to me.

Going in a different direction with this franchise should not stop with the people in the front office and coaching staffs. A trade scenario would be the better option, but just cutting ties if that does not happen would be addition by subtraction as well.

JMO

FWIW, I could care less if he stays or goes.

I've said numerous times before, that if this coaching staff is actually going to USE HIM, then I think we should keep him unless we get a decent trade offer - which I'm doubting.

The only reason I'd be OK with flat-out cutting him is if they are planning to ignore the running game as Haley did last year, or if they honestly feel that they can get by with Smith/Charles, someone else on the roster, a draft pick or a FA signing.

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't know about that. We tend to forgive superstars.

You do not hit a woman, was part of growing up male in my neighborhood. I tended to think that was the American way. Perhaps I am wrong.

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Wait. What? JA I saw. Are people really advocating Vick get another chance?
Posted via Mobile Device

Vick was spotted on a plane at KCI!!!!

Coogs
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
FWIW, I could care less if he stays or goes.

I've said numerous times before, that if this coaching staff is actually going to USE HIM, then I think we should keep him unless we get a decent trade offer - which I'm doubting.

The only reason I'd be OK with flat-out cutting him is if they are planning to ignore the running game as Haley did last year, or if they honestly feel that they can get by with Smith/Charles, someone else on the roster, a draft pick or a FA signing.

Thing is, I didn't see any heart out of LJ. I can not even begin to recall how many times last season we handed him the ball on 1st down... and I just knew it was going to be 2nd and long. And not because of the O-line play either. I just had no faith in LJ to make it 2nd and 5 or so.

I had that faith in Charles that it could get to 2nd and 5... even if he didn't get it to that point. At least he seemed to be trying to make it happen. I didn't get that with LJ.

Mr. Plow
04-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Almost up to 2100 get rid of him votes.

MahiMike
04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I hate LJ so much I don't care if getting rid of him costs us the SB. I'd rather win/lose without him.

suds79
04-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I'd vote to dump any RB 30 or up and Larry will be there in Nov.

That's a young mans position that's easy to get production in the mid rounds.

Coogs
04-08-2009, 11:22 AM
3440 people have voted now.

It is still running right at the same percentages.

Go 2400 70%
Stay 1040 30%

Chocolate Hog
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM

It's because Jarred Allen was a white hick he fits Kansas City.

milkman
04-08-2009, 01:18 PM

Shut the fuck up.

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 01:28 PM

While most won't admit it, D&D is kinda laughed off. Because they have done it. Assaulting women is not that I'm aware of. Warfield was not roundly hated for his D&D. Most liked him off the field.

picasso
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM

Uh....violence to women?
He pushed one in the forehead to get out of his face and spit a drink on another one. Would hardly say that is violence to women dude. It's not like he raped them in the bathroom and beat em down. I don't even judge him on that bogus crap. In reality that spit just cost him 3.75 million dollars. Spit on me bitch I'll only charge ya 1 million!

I don't like LJ for the fact he is a wannabe and thinks that he needs to act like a 16 year old thug kid from south central to be legit with his homies thinkin the bling is everything. Well ya just lost some bling brotha! Shut your ass up, put your head down, and hit the guy in front of ya you frickin baby ass Walmart juggalo.

I think he gets to stay on but loses much of his carrying time by RBBC. Enough time to make him hungry again and to raise his trade value next year.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Yeah, because smacking hos has all the same moral implications as driving after drinking a few too many.

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
See this gun bitch! Now STFU and STFD!

Coogs
04-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Just short of 5000 voters.

Still running at a 70-30 clip.

Frazod
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
That's about what I figured.

Coach
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Larry! Ray Farmer wants to see you.

Buehler445
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM
So really. Is there anyone here that thinks Vick should be in the NFL????
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
He averaged 4 and a half yards a carry with total crap on the right side. He wasn't as bad last year as people are making him sound. That said, he is an aging runningback and has bad off the field habits, so if they decide to cut him so be it. He might not even be a good fit in Haley's offense anyway.

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
So really. Is there anyone here that thinks Vick should be in the NFL????
Posted via Mobile Device

Talent wise or character wise? ROFL

Buehler445
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Talent wise or character wise? ROFL

You can't separate them. Otw said there were people that wanted him in. Is that right?
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I've help butcher animals, so the dog stuff doesn't bother me so much. Not that I approve of it at all.

He could beat out Russel in Oakland. :shrug:

Going by his bankruptcy plan he's not connected with reality.

OtisJohnson
04-08-2009, 04:57 PM
[B]"Uh....violence to women?
He pushed one in the forehead to get out of his face and spit a drink on another one. Would hardly say that is violence to women dude. It's not like he raped them in the bathroom and beat em down. "

This is what I was thinking . I missed the punched a chick incident I guess .... anybody have a link for it ? As for lack of talent ... he is without question the best rb ever to wear a Chiefs uniform , period . Don't even start about Priest as behind the same line LJ blew him away , not even close . I truly don't get the prejudice around here against him . He owns the best 2 rushing seasons in Chief's history , the 2 highest yardage games , by far the most career and season 100+ yard rushing games , 2nd in TD's , is less then 500 yards from being the all time rushing leader and with the exception of the 3 games he started his 2nd season and the 9 his 3rd did it behind an extremely substandard line on a team without a viable passing game . What more could you ask of a back ?

wild1
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
[B]"Uh....violence to women?
He pushed one in the forehead to get out of his face and spit a drink on another one. Would hardly say that is violence to women dude. It's not like he raped them in the bathroom and beat em down. "

This is what I was thinking . I missed the punched a chick incident I guess .... anybody have a link for it ? As for lack of talent ... he is without question the best rb ever to wear a Chiefs uniform , period . Don't even start about Priest as behind the same line LJ blew him away , not even close . I truly don't get the prejudice around here against him . He owns the best 2 rushing seasons in Chief's history , the 2 highest yardage games , by far the most career and season 100+ yard rushing games , 2nd in TD's , is less then 500 yards from being the all time rushing leader and with the exception of the 3 games he started his 2nd season and the 9 his 3rd did it behind an extremely substandard line on a team without a viable passing game . What more could you ask of a back ?

what about when he was a rookie. didn't he pistol whip his then-girlfriend?