PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Massive Pandemic and the Nation's Cookie Supply.

Rain Man
04-08-2009, 09:03 AM
I was in the store yesterday and walked through the cookie aisle. I would say conservatively that there were at least 100 varieties of cookies that a visitor to King Soopers could purchase, providing he or she had adequate funds in U.S. currency.

It got me wondering. Let's say that there are 100 varieties of cookies available today. Tomorrow a major pandemic hits, and by the time it runs its course in a year, 80 percent of the American population has died.

If a visitor went to King Soopers in a year, would there still be 100 varieties of cookies available? Would there be 20 varieties (a proportional decrease)? Zero?

What about two years later, after everything has stabilized again and all of the survivors feel comfortable coming out of their houses? Would the cookie variety supply go up from the one-year time frame? Down? Stay the same?

Crush
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I do believe that the Cookie Monster is a variable in this equation.

DaKCMan AP
04-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Cookies are for fat people and/or females. It depends on how much of the remaining population is fat, female and both fat & female.

jidar
04-08-2009, 09:15 AM
As long as they keep Oreos and milk I don't give two shits what happens to the rest.

MOhillbilly
04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
ME KNOW! ME KNOW!

Cookie Monster is the shit.

Jilly
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Cookies are for fat people and/or females. It depends on how much of the remaining population is fat, female and both fat & female.

That's dumb.

As long as there is someone who's passion is baking cookies, there will always be a good amount of cookies.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Yep.

If the pandemic only affects skinny mean, only one cookie would be left.

All Hail OREOS!

DaKCMan AP
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
That's dumb.

As long as there is someone who's passion is baking cookies, there will always be a good amount of cookies.

There needs to be a demand. Unless you subscribe to the Kitchen of Dreams mantra, "If you bake them, they will eat."

Rain Man
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
My thinking is that there'd be a shortage of factory workers, and of course transportation problems, so there'd be a big consolidation of cookies since we'd have fewer assembly lines open. I think we could fall below 20 cookie varieties, and it would take a long time to recover.

DaKCMan AP
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
My thinking is that there'd be a shortage of factory workers, and of course transportation problems, so there'd be a big consolidation of cookies since we'd have fewer assembly lines open. I think we could fall below 20 cookie varieties, and it would take a long time to recover.

Factory workers can be or already are replaced by machines/robots. With less people there'd be less congestion on the roads or in the air so while transportation might not be as constant it should be more open.

RJ
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Cookies will be made from Soylent Green. There will be only one brand. Health care for the elderly will no longer be an issue.

htismaqe
04-08-2009, 10:37 AM
There needs to be a demand. Unless you subscribe to the Kitchen of Dreams mantra, "If you bake them, they will eat."

Exactly.

seclark
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
will we still have ice cream? goes great w/oatmeal raisin.
sec