PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK), America Hater and the GOP hypocrites enabling him

jAZ
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.hoffmania.com/blog/2009/04/jim-inhofe-america-hater.html

Jim Inhofe, America Hater
The Dixie Chicks criticized President Bush on foreign soil and were permanently labeled America haters.

Now Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) does it to Obama. Worse, he does it in a YouTube video from a military base in Afghanistan. Here's the description from his YouTube channel:

In a Youtube video from Afghanistan, Senator Inhofe blasts the Obama administrations announcement today saying that Obama plans to "disarm America."

Got that? "Senator Inhofe blasts the Obama administration." On foreign soil. In a war zone. On an American military base.

What's the word people like him used when the Chicks did it? Oh yeah. TREASON.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK6s0XtiQfs&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK6s0XtiQfs&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

BIG QUESTION: How much did we taxpayers pay for him to travel over there on the military's back to "blast" our president?

BIG SECOND QUESTION: Where's the ****ing condemnation from his Republican enablers in the senate?

Posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 01:38 PM in Crazy-Ass Republicans | Permalink

mlyonsd
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Of course the answer is to quit buying his CD's.

VAChief
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
He will be hailed as a patriot by the chicken hawk crowd. I didn't particularly like the Dixie Chicks statements, and lord knows I was far from a supporter of President Bush, but he was still the President.

petegz28
04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
This is BS. The Repubs did this to Clinton with Kosovo. I don't approve of any elected leader badmouthing the President from overseas or while the President is overseas. Politics needs to stop at the waters' edge.

petegz28
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Secondly let me add that I am tired of elected represntatives going overseas. That is NOT their job. That is the job of the President and Sec. of State.

Baby Lee
04-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, people were blindingly outraged by the Dixie Chicks.

In no way was more on par with us just thinking they were douchey and them bawling like . . . chicks, and making making new friends with their oh so brave and defiant butthurt 'Not ready to make nice.'

Oh, and Inhofe's douchey, too. But at least he chose a little more decorum than 'high five if you think 'Bama's a dick!!'

patteeu
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I admit that my family has more CDs from the Dixie Chicks than from Inhofe. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The Mad Crapper
03-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Here's a not-so-tiny tidbit of data that's getting lost in the White House-driven public frenzy over healthcare legislation this week:

The White House Democratic administration of Barack Obama, who denounced his presidential predecessor George W. Bush as the most secretive in history, is now denying more Freedom of Information Act requests than the Republican did.

Transparency and openness were deemed so important to the new president that on his first full day in office last year he dispatched a memo to all federal agencies saying:

Transparency and openness were so important to the new president that on his first full day in office last year, he dispatched a much-publicized memo throughout the federal government saying:

All agencies should adopt a presumption in favor of disclosure, in order to renew their commitment to the principles embodied in FOIA, and to usher in a new era of open Government. The presumption of disclosure should be applied to all decisions involving FOIA.

That was the same day he issued an executive order promising to shut the Guantanamo Bay detention facility by the end of calendar 2009, which hasn't happened yet either.

One of the exemptions allowed to deny Freedom of Information requests has been

...used by the Obama administration 70,779 times in its first year, while the same exemption was used 47,395 times in Bush's final budget year.

An Associated Press examination of 17 major agencies' handling of FOIA requests found denials 466,872 times, an increase of nearly 50% from the 2008 fiscal year under Bush.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/03/obama-foia-bush.html

fan4ever
03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Guess what; the days of proper political decorum are long gone; these guys are all in it for themselves and they'll leverage whatever they need for political advancement...not saying it's right...just saying.

Chocolate Hog
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Jim Inhoffe is one of those far-right Christian jerkoffs.

penchief
03-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Inhoffe has already proven himself to be an idiot. But yeah, the double standards applied by politicians can be mind-boggling at times.