PDA

View Full Version : Life Found out...

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
That my wife is having a boy!!!!! Super freaking excited. It's our first child. Due date is August 12th - just in time for him to watch football.

Does anyone know of any good baby message boards? I want to get some opinions on crib mattresses and various other items.

Woohooo!

Sure-Oz
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Wow, congrats man, i'm really happy for you two! I'll check with my sister if there are any boards she visits, she has a 1 year old

DeezNutz
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Awesome. Congratulations!

As an aside: start saving for the pool so you can scope some young college ass when he's older.

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM

As an aside: start saving for the pool so you can scope some young college ass when he's older.

Excellent idea.

kysirsoze
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM

This. All of it.

Pants
04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Congrats, bro. I wish you and yours only the best. This is a huge step, nothing like being a father from what I hear.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM

If he had a girl then that could be the case. The only young college ass a guy is going to bring home to the folks is one he is either dating seriousally, knocked up, or getting married.

The Bad Guy
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM
If he had a girl then that could be the case. The only young college ass a guy is going to bring home to the folks is one he is either dating seriousally, knocked up, or getting married.

Senior year of high school then, ha.

wutamess
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
That my wife is having a boy!!!!! Super freaking excited. It's our first child. Due date is August 12th - just in time for him to watch football.

Does anyone know of any good baby message boards? I want to get some opinions on crib mattresses and various other items.

Woohooo!

Crib matresses? :hmmm:
We let all (4 +1 on the way) of our kids sleep with us for the first year.
SIDS scares the shit out of me/us.

Congrats anyways.

Jenson71
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Have you read The Road? I'm sure you've heard of it at least.

Congratulations, TBG. May your first child be a (healthy and) masculine child /Luca Brasi

DeezNutz
04-08-2009, 11:22 PM

There's truth to this.

But I remember being the guy at these girls' houses trying to get loving in the pool/hot tub. The last thing in the world I need to do is look out my own window and see this shit happening to my daughter on my property.

Tough to post from jail.

Jenson71
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Crib matresses? We let all (4 +1 on the way) of our kids sleep with us for the first year.

Seriously!? You never rolled over any of them?

Ari Chi3fs
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
The moment you see your kid pop out, is the moment you discover true love.

Congrats, bro.

Fairplay
04-08-2009, 11:24 PM
I spent my life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless but not men.

Hope everything is fantastic for you family.

The Bad Guy

Congrats anyways.

Sids scares the hell out of me too, which is why I want to research the hell out of the mattresses to see which are the safest.

Ari Chi3fs

Congrats anyways.

You seriously need to start pulling out, dude. We have a population problem in this world and you are popping out 5 kids? Stop that shit. heh.

wutamess
04-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Seriously!? You never rolled over any of them?

Nope usually slept on the mother side.
she kills 2 birds with one stone because she nurses easier that way also.

That reminds me of a funny story.
I'll start a thread about it...

DaWolf
04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Congrats man!

T-post Tom
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Congrats & best wishes.

badgirl
04-09-2009, 01:15 AM
my daughter goes to CafeMom its a really good site with millions of members, your wife I am sure would love it and you may like it to. They discuss all kinds of topics.

acesn8s
04-09-2009, 02:34 AM

Woohooo!Congrats dude. joie is due July 3rd(her 1st my 3rd). She goes to a site all the time but I don't know it. I will ask when I take her to work in the morning and get back to you but it sounds like a chick site.

MIAdragon
04-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Congrats!!!!

BCD
04-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Congrats, man! I know how you're feeling. My son is 10.

Mile High Mania
04-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Congrats man.... kids are great.

If I were you, I would invest in a membership to Consumer Reports. There's a ton of stuff that you will start looking at in a new light with the kid's safety in mind. It's not that expensive and you'll get great information.

There are all sorts of good "parent" sites and forums out there, I haven't viewed one in a while, but you have a lot of choices.

The cool things they have now are the baby monitors with video... those are pretty sweet. And, as a new parent, don't freak yourself out with all the things that can go wrong like SIDS. You'll be so very careful for the first month or so and then you'll realize, the kid is pretty tough and lots of fun. I have a buddy that took being over protective to the extreme with their first... sheesh.

Congrats and good luck.

Pioli Zombie
04-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Oh no a boy. That means you gotta deal with the snip snip dilemma.
Posted via Mobile Device

acesn8s
04-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Congrats dude. joie is due July 3rd(her 1st my 3rd). She goes to a site all the time but I don't know it. I will ask when I take her to work in the morning and get back to you but it sounds like a chick site.http://www.americanpregnancy.org/

She loves it. She also says to Google 'pregnancy'.

Braincase
04-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Congrats!

Coach
04-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Congrats.

PRIEST
04-09-2009, 06:23 AM
congrats many baseball & football season's await :thumb:

booyaf2
04-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Congrats,
My twins were born August 12th. They'll be 4 this time around. Enjoy every minute of it.

Bwana
04-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Cool, congrats TBG!

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Congrats! I expect him to play for the chiefs in 22 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
04-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Congrats anyways.

Yup. Once all my kids could roll over & hold their head up effectively, they went into their own bed. If it meant I was going to have to fight them into their own bed, so be it......SIDS was a risk I wasn't willing to take.

I could be wrong on this, but isn't there a link between SIDS & smoking/2nd hand smoke?

Mr. Plow
04-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Also.....Congrats!!

Iowanian
04-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Congratulations.

Teach him to respect women and treat them right, else he find out the meaning of wrath from fathers who didn't find out they were having boys.

Gonzo
04-09-2009, 08:43 AM

Woohooo!

Congrats man...

It's been 8 1/2 months since my little guy was born and it's been awesome.

PM me with questions. I'd be able to help out a bit.
:)

Iowanian
04-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Sids scared the shit out of me too. I woke every time I heard a gasp, and then every time I realized I wasn't hearing them for months.

http://www.sleep-baby-sleep.com/SIDS/prevention.htm
Preventing Sids

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is the sudden death during sleep of an apparently healthy child, under the age of one. A diagnosis of SIDS can only be applied after adequate post mortem investigations reveal no other causes. SIDS could be said to be a sudden death during sleep for no apparent reason.

You can reduce the risk of SIDS substantially by following their guidelines.

Put your baby to sleep on his back.
The back to sleep campaign is thought to have reduced Sudden Infant deaths by between 50 - 75%. This is fairly new advice. Older mums (like me!) were probably told to put babies to sleep on their stomachs. However, medical opinion is unanimous. Putting baby to sleep on his/her back is the single most important thing you can do to prevent SIDS.
(More about Back to Sleep)

Use a firm Mattress
with a fitted sheet. Do not put baby to sleep (even for a nap) on soft surfaces such as water beds, sofa cushions, sheepskins or sleeping bags.

Remove all soft things from the crib/sleep area
Take away fluffy blanket, pillows, soft toys, duvets etc

Keep baby's face uncovered.
Make sure that baby's face stays uncovered and that blankets cannot shuffle up during the night. It is better to use sleep clothing rather than blankets. If you do use blanket make sure that you place baby at the foot of the crib (with his feet to the bottom) and the blanket firmly tucked under the mattress and no higher than baby’s chest..

Do not smoke
Do not smoke during pregnancy and do not allow others to smoke round your baby.

Sleep near to your baby.
It is suggested that you should keep baby in the parent’s bedroom until 6 months old. It is NOT intended that you share a bed with your infant. It is hard to follow the SIDS prevention rules in an adult bed. The mattress is usually too soft and the pillows and fluffy bedding provide additional risks.

If you use a pacifier for sleep or nap times do not reinsert it once baby is asleep

Do not allow your baby to overheat
The room should be at a temperature that is comfortable for an adult. Do not use too many clothes or blankets.

Make sure everyone knows these prevention tips.
Some of this advice is new (especially back to sleep) and older carers may not know. It is important that everyone who looks after you baby is aware of the steps to keep your baby safe.

Pennywise
04-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Congratulations.

Teach him to respect women and treat them right, else he find out the meaning of wrath from fathers who didn't find out they were having boys.

Which side of the boat do you want to paddle?

Pestilence
04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Congrats man.

Lumpy
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Congrats!! Check out www.baby-gaga.com for advice. That's where I went when I was pregnant. Other than the occassional drama, that site helped me out a lot. Oh and FYI about the crib mattress... the firmer, the better. Don't go w/ a cheap mattress and make sure to purchase at least 2 waterproof mats to put between the mattress and the fitted sheet, (trust me, it saves time when accidents happen).

HC_Chief
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Congratulations! :D

Mr. Kotter
04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Congrats. Parenthood is difficult at times, but way cool. :thumb:

Radar Chief
04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Good job man, you put the stem on the apple. ;)

EyePod
04-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Congrats. I hope he isn't gay. Just because that would make things much harder (if you know what I mean).

Inspector
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Any idea who the father is?

Just kidding man!

Congratulations. They really are the best part of life and one of the reasons we exists.

Joie
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Congrats!! Any thoughts on names yet?

The Bad Guy
04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats!! Any thoughts on names yet?

Thanks!
Nicholas or Dillon.

Joie
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks!
Nicholas or Dillon.

You're welcome. Both good names.

As Aces mentioned, our little girl is due July 3. Her name is Trinity.

JASONSAUTO
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
congrats man.

Gracie Dean
04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Zachary was our chosen name had our baby been a boy

Frazod
04-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Congratulations :toast:

Hydrae
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
The moment you see your kid pop out, is the moment you discover true love.

Congrats, bro.

So very, very true.

Grats to you and the little (she will be little again someday :) ) woman. :thumb:

CanadianChief
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Congrats man. The wife and I had our first kids (twin boys) back in December. Their names are Ethan and Christian. It's great being a dad.

Can't wait to dress them up in some Chiefs gear for the season opener this year!!!

Joie
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Congrats man. The wife and I had our first kids (twin boys) back in December. Their names are Ethan and Christian. It's great being a dad.

Can't wait to dress them up in some Chiefs gear for the season opener this year!!!

Congrats!! I already got our baby her first Chiefs T-shirt.