PDA

View Full Version : News Mom wants son's sperm.

T-post Tom
04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Texas judge allows collection of dead son's sperm

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- A judge has granted a mother's request to have someone harvest sperm from her dead son's body, so she can have the option of carrying out his wish to have children. Nikolas Colton Evans, 21, died Sunday at a Brackenridge hospital after being punched and falling outside an Austin bar March 27.

His mother, Marissa Evans, told the Austin American-Statesman newspaper that he wanted to have three sons someday and had even picked out their names: Hunter, Tod and Van.

"I want him to live on. I want to keep a piece of him," she told the newspaper.

Travis County Probate Judge Guy Herman ruled Monday in an emergency hearing requested by the mother, because of the urgency of collecting the sperm intact.

Court documents said the sperm had to be collected within 24 hours of Nikolas Evans being removed from life support unless the body was cooled to no more than 39.2 degrees.

Herman ordered the county medical examiner's office to continue storing the body at the proper temperature until the sperm could be collected.

Other organs and tissues were already going to be harvested from Evans' body, the judge noted, and there would be no other remedy for the mother if time expired.

Evans and her attorneys were trying on Tuesday to find a urologist or other medical professional willing to collect the sperm for a possible surrogate pregnancy in the future.

University of Texas law professor John Robertson, who specializes in bioethics, said state law gives parents control over a child's body for organ and tissue donations but its use for sperm "is very unclear."

"There are no strong precedents in favor of a parent being able to request post-mortem sperm retrieval," he said.

No arrests have been made in the assault on Nikolas Evans. Investigators said Evans hit his head on the ground after he was punched during an argument with a group of men.

Jenson71
04-08-2009, 11:51 PM
That's so fucked up I don't even want to think about it.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 12:02 AM
His mother, Marissa Evans, told the Austin American-Statesman newspaper that he wanted to have three sons someday and had even picked out their names: Hunter, Tod and Van.

How many 21 year old males are thinking about kids? That's weird, too.

Thig Lyfe
04-09-2009, 12:03 AM
UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Pablo
04-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Hunter...Todd......and Van.

Anyone who was going to name any of their children these names DOES FUCKING NOT need to have their sperm harvested so they can carry on their legacy.

Srsly.

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2009, 12:44 AM

ROFL

Take a poll to find out how many 21 year-old fathers are members of the 'Planet.

I think you may be shocked.

CoMoChief
04-09-2009, 12:45 AM

They're not. The mother's a lying sack of shit. This is so utterly wrong I cant even think about this.

How the hell did he die anyway, from the punch? The way he fell? Did he fell off of a balcony or something up high? I dont get it. Usually you get into a fight at a bar, the level of fighting is no where near of the level where you can kill someone. He must have had complications etc.

Jenson71
04-09-2009, 12:49 AM
"I want him to live on. I want to keep a piece of him," she told the newspaper.

Anybody suspect she has his penis in a glass jar on the entertainment center?

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Anybody suspect she has his penis in a glass jar on the entertainment center?

Only if she's "smart".

T-post Tom
04-09-2009, 12:53 AM
They're not. The mother's a lying sack of shit. This is so utterly wrong I cant even think about this.

How the hell did he die anyway, from the punch? The way he fell? Did he fell off of a balcony or something up high? I dont get it. Usually you get into a fight at a bar, the level of fighting is no where near of the level where you can kill someone. He must have had complications etc.

I'm thinking it was from the fall. Like the actress that recently died in the ski accident. Brain trauma.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
ROFL

Take a poll to find out how many 21 year-old fathers are members of the 'Planet.

I think you may be shocked.

Sure...but were they thinking about kids before doing the deed like this guy supposedly was? I don't think so.

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Sure...but were they thinking about kids before doing the deed like this guy supposedly was? I don't think so.

I don't think this guys was "thinking" of kids, much like our forum members.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say the Mom is fairly fucked up.

I'm guessing the kids were too, unfortunately.

KCChiefsMan
04-09-2009, 01:27 AM
What The Fuck?

as in WTF???

huh????

what????

this is messed up

BigRock
04-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Given the thread title, I was hoping for a way hotter story.

Rausch
04-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Given the thread title, I was hoping for a way hotter story.

There is no level of hot associated with "mom wants my sperm."

Ever...

BigRock
04-09-2009, 04:11 AM

Ever...

You're clearly unfamiliar with Kay Parker.

MIAdragon
04-09-2009, 04:25 AM
ok not to kick anyone in the shins here but did I miss where the mom wants to HAVE his child? Who's to say she wont find a surrogate mother? I don’t see the big deal maybe its just me.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
04-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Who's going to pay for these kids and raise them? It will probably be you and me! Sounds like another Nadia Suleman nutcase to me. I say let the sperm die with the kid.

Pioli Zombie
04-09-2009, 05:45 AM
George Carlin would have a field day with those names. How about Kyle?

This story isnt so far fetched. I'm thinking Claythan has a deal like this with his mom.
Posted via Mobile Device

Adept Havelock
04-09-2009, 06:16 AM
You're clearly unfamiliar with Kay Parker.

ROFL

Ahhh...the 70's.

Redrum_69
04-09-2009, 06:25 AM

Ever...

oh i dont know..

Your mom wants my sperm is pretty hot...in a donut grease kind of way

Hey...how do you know if you have a high sperm count?

Rausch's mom chews twice before she swallows...

Iowanian
04-09-2009, 06:32 AM

OOOOOOOR.....she's a grieving mother who is having trouble letting go of her dead 21 year old son.

whadda dick.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't think this guys was "thinking" of kids, much like our forum members.

Then there was nothing to laugh at in my post, because we have the same opinion.

Crush
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
This will turn out well.

Iowanian
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
On a lighter note, I guess she's got something in common with Redrum's mom.

jimhitter
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
If the kid is cold and dead, how can the sperm be harvested anyway? Sperm survive in normal body temp, but die when displaced onto a trampstamp.

Frankie
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
That's so ****ed up I don't even want to think about it.

She does not want it for herself. Relax.

Frankie
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Ahhh,.... I did.

Frankie
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM

Maybe he DRANK some punch at the bar. :hmmm:

Frankie
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
ok not to kick anyone in the shins here but did I miss where the mom wants to HAVE his child? Who's to say she wont find a surrogate mother? I donít see the big deal maybe its just me.

It's not just you. Some people have strange imaginations.

Frankie
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
OOOOOOOR.....she's a grieving mother who is having trouble letting go of her dead 21 year old son.

whadda dick.

2nd.

JazzzLovr
04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
What The ****?

as in WTF???

huh????

what????

this is messed up

Oh, ok. When I read how the guy died, I was about to ask if anyone had heard anything out of you lately.

Carry on...