PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What's LJ's status on potential league suspension?

T-post Tom
04-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Is he free & clear for next season? Or is there a chance that he could incur another suspension? If so, is there a timeframe on when the decision will be announced? I'm curious because it could impact any attempt to trade him.

For example, Lynch just got suspended for three games in Buffalo and their backup RB is sitting out on a contract dispute. They have a starting LT (Jason Peters) that wants out of Buffalo. Some type of trade of players and/or picks might make sense. The Iggles are reportedly also looking to bolster their RB corp via trade.

RustShack
04-09-2009, 01:38 AM
He hasn't done anything since he was last suspended...

T-post Tom
04-09-2009, 01:49 AM
He hasn't done anything since he was last suspended...

I know but someone told me that his recent court case could still cause a suspension by the NFL. I can't keep track of all his issues, but it seems like the last suspension was imposed by the team and not the league. So are you saying there's absolutely no risk of a league suspension based on everything that's happened up until now?

RustShack
04-09-2009, 02:09 AM
I know but someone told me that his recent court case could still cause a suspension by the NFL. I can't keep track of all his issues, but it seems like the last suspension was imposed by the team and not the league. So are you saying there's absolutely no risk of a league suspension based on everything that's happened up until now?

I doubt it, he met with the commissioner during his suspension and he hasn't been in any legal trouble since. Unless he lied to the commish, but I think everyone knew the outcome already.

Johnny Vegas
04-09-2009, 02:32 AM
he's fucked and will be suspended for a few games. No team will want him since he won't be in for a whole season. I just wish the best for him.

acesn8s
04-09-2009, 03:28 AM
He should just drink antifreeze

chop
04-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Teicher reported that, if LJ was convicted, the commish would revisit his case and possibly give him a suspension.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=3709813

EyePod
04-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Teicher reported that, if LJ was convicted, the commish would revisit his case and possibly give him a suspension.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=3709813

Yep, this blows.

Micjones
04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
This makes zero sense.

The commissioner has said that his decisions regarding the league's conduct policies work independently of the court system.

If an allegation is enough to warrant a suspension why does the plea and subsequent sentencing come into play at all?

If you're going to defer to the court system... Wait to hand the suspension down after the guilt or innocence of the player has been determined BY THE COURTS.

This is double jeopardy.

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
This makes zero sense.

The commissioner has said that his decisions regarding the league's conduct policies work independently of the court system.

If an allegation is enough to warrant a suspension why does the plea and subsequent sentencing come into play at all?

If you're going to defer to the court system... Wait to hand the suspension down after the guilt or innocence of the player has been determined BY THE COURTS.

This is double jeopardy.

I know. It is stupid. I think he wanted to come out firing and make a few examples out of guys and now he is taking a bunch of time with each guy trying to figure out what is best.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
04-09-2009, 04:39 PM
He was already suspended for it, why would they suspend him again? If the court had anything to do with it they would have waited until the court date to punish him.