PDA

View Full Version : Life TGI Fridays helluva coupon. $1 entree and 1 cent apps

pr_capone
04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Enjoy

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3800/tgifl.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tgifl.jpg)

Guru
04-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Damn. No Fridays in my city.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't eat there if they paid me to.

Denver Dave
04-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Spam

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 02:02 AM
I am just not a fan of people using coupons in restaurants...they are just annoying.

It's not your fault, and I don't judge those who use them, I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself. I'm weird like that...I'm the guy who notices the $2 delivery charge + $1.50 service charge (built in tip I'm not suppose to notice) and still don't have the balls to not tip at least 15% to the delivery driver who is likely getting the entire built in service charge and some of the delivery charge...

BWillie
04-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Jackpot. What's the catch? I am the a huge jew when it comes to saving money, I will use these things until they go out of style. Nothing like having someone feed me and do the dishes for me.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Jackpot. What's the catch? I am the a huge jew when it comes to saving money, I will use these things until they go out of style. Nothing like having someone feed me and do the dishes for me.

And when you get that $12 bill (for $50 worth of food and drinks) I'm sure you'll tip $2 and feel like you are doing a great justice to that server!

I have nothing against using these coupons, but if you do it, at least tip accordingly. If you're getting $25 off your tab...don't be stubborn.

googlegoogle
04-10-2009, 02:08 AM
locations in kc. Where is this coupon? newspaper?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=W9&ei=K_DeSa_VJaHvnQej092uCQ&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=tgi+fridays+in+kansas+city&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=LvDeSaz9CKn1nQeTy6yhCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 02:14 AM
I remember the chain restaurant like Friday's that I worked at (Bennigan's - went under because of shit like this)...they offered a deal...full appetizer, entree, dessert...$10.99...

Well...the deal attracted a lot of customers (goal accomplished) but the dumbasses didn't realize how much stress this put on the kitchen (an impossible amount) and it resulted in ticket times, for everything, being outrageous...which equaled VERY UNHAPPY customers and the inability to turn tables in the restaurant...which equaled even less traffic (although it always seemed busy) and people so ticked they spent 90 minutes at a restaurant they'd never come back anyways...

Thus, the CEO was fired and shortly after Chapter 7 was declared...and 4 of my (already cashed) paychecks bounced and my account was suddenly very negative and, yep, the bank held me responsible!

Nothing like 5 years of loyalty!

And you know what...I was a waiter so my paychecks meant jackshit compared to the managers/cooks/etc... who were paid salary or hourly who worked for free for two months when they had their checks bounced or simply didn't receiver anything for several pay periods...

Still pisses me off that shit like that can happen...a lot of my friends who depended on the 'paycheck to paycheck' lifestyle were crushed by this.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 02:16 AM
and not to mention...everyone would get so fed up with this promotion when their desserts would take 30 minutes (don't blame them) that they'd take it out on their server (like I can do anything about it)...so I'd be serving a table of 4 4 of these deals, they'd essentially get $125 worth of shit...their bill would be like $35...and they'd be so pissed off a lot of times they wouldn't tip.

WHAT A GREAT THING COUPONS DO FOR EVERYONE IN THE RESTAURANT INDUSTRY!

SPchief
04-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Hootie, I recomend this site to vent.
http://www.bitterwaitress.net/smf/index.php

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 02:38 AM
I don't currently work in the industry...and to be honest, out of everyone, I rarely did any bitching no matter how bad it got...and usually I took it out on the dry storage area (because of long ticket times, not bitching guests)...I punched some epic holes in boxes...nothing irritates me more than a shift that didn't run smoothly.

You think I want to walk in my section and get stares from 15 angry customers? Hell no. If yelling at me makes them feel better, by all means, go right on ahead! Trust me sir, if I could get that steak out to you I'd do it...

People don't realize how much time I spent during the worst shifts pacing on the line PRAYING for their food to come up...of course I'm the fall guy so when things go wrong, I'm the uneducated retard who has to do this for a living because I'm not smart enough to do anything else (according to the customer)...

dj56dt58
04-10-2009, 02:47 AM
why do people piss off people that handle their food....? not smart

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 02:49 AM
why do people piss off people that handle their food....? not smart

Meh.

I've never seen anyone actually do anything malicious to anyone's food and I've worked a lot of shifts in a lot of different restaurants...

But if you think the Mexican's are wearing gloves, or if we're not using our hands to pick off those tomatoes or onions you didn't want on that burger...or if we're not fingering that steak to make sure it's hot and medium rare...you're pretty naive.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Spam

douche.

Pioli Zombie
04-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Jews don't eat at places like TGIF. That's a Gentile type of place. Jews eat at Bo Lings or someplace ethnic. That's where they discuss how to control all the worlds money and the media.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
04-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Is this for real?

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Is this for real?

Yup!

Saggysack
04-10-2009, 06:29 AM
ROFL @ sandy giner

Don't like to get paid based on your performance. Get another job that doesn't require tips to pay your bills. I hear McDonalds is always looking.

Had a waitress the other night take our order, brought out our drinks and no less than 5mins later she comes out and asks us if we want dessert. Uh, no, we want our food first. The look of embarrassment on her face was priceless. I gave her the benefit of doubt and still tipped reasonably

Had another server a few days prior to that not only screw up the food order by not getting the correct meals, she even added food we didn't order. Then even tried to charge us for the extra meals we didn't order or eat when the bill came. Uh, sorry honey, no tip

Sometimes you just have to realize there is a reason you are serving me my food, and not the other way around.

DaKCMan AP
04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Fridays = heart disease

EyePod
04-10-2009, 07:16 AM
I remember the chain restaurant like Friday's that I worked at (Bennigan's - went under because of shit like this)...they offered a deal...full appetizer, entree, dessert...$10.99...

Well...the deal attracted a lot of customers (goal accomplished) but the dumbasses didn't realize how much stress this put on the kitchen (an impossible amount) and it resulted in ticket times, for everything, being outrageous...which equaled VERY UNHAPPY customers and the inability to turn tables in the restaurant...which equaled even less traffic (although it always seemed busy) and people so ticked they spent 90 minutes at a restaurant they'd never come back anyways...

Thus, the CEO was fired and shortly after Chapter 7 was declared...and 4 of my (already cashed) paychecks bounced and my account was suddenly very negative and, yep, the bank held me responsible!

Nothing like 5 years of loyalty!

And you know what...I was a waiter so my paychecks meant jackshit compared to the managers/cooks/etc... who were paid salary or hourly who worked for free for two months when they had their checks bounced or simply didn't receiver anything for several pay periods...

Still pisses me off that shit like that can happen...a lot of my friends who depended on the 'paycheck to paycheck' lifestyle were crushed by this.

I think you're forgetting that Bennigan's also had terrible food. That's probably why they went under.

Spott
04-10-2009, 07:40 AM
The coupon looks ok, but the few times I've been there I've always gotten crappy service and food that tastes like dog turds.

Spott
04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm weird like that...I'm the guy who notices the $2 delivery charge + $1.50 service charge (built in tip I'm not suppose to notice) and still don't have the balls to not tip at least 15% to the delivery driver who is likely getting the entire built in service charge and some of the delivery charge...

I worked at a pizza place like that in college. They charged 1.50 for the delivery(which went to the drivers) instead of paying us an hourly wage.

Saulbadguy
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM

The catch is that the food is garbage. Bon Appetit!

Amnorix
04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I am just not a fan of people using coupons in restaurants...they are just annoying.

It's not your fault, and I don't judge those who use them, I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself. I'm weird like that...I'm the guy who notices the $2 delivery charge + $1.50 service charge (built in tip I'm not suppose to notice) and still don't have the balls to not tip at least 15% to the delivery driver who is likely getting the entire built in service charge and some of the delivery charge...

You pay the tip according to the pre-coupon'ed bill. But a coupon is a coupon. Keep the money or give it away. It's not a tough choice...

Consistent1
04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
ROFL @ sandy giner

Don't like to get paid based on your performance. Get another job that doesn't require tips to pay your bills. I hear McDonalds is always looking.

Had a waitress the other night take our order, brought out our drinks and no less than 5mins later she comes out and asks us if we want dessert. Uh, no, we want our food first. The look of embarrassment on her face was priceless. I gave her the benefit of doubt and still tipped reasonably

Had another server a few days prior to that not only screw up the food order by not getting the correct meals, she even added food we didn't order. Then even tried to charge us for the extra meals we didn't order or eat when the bill came. Uh, sorry honey, no tip

Sometimes you just have to realize there is a reason you are serving me my food, and not the other way around.

Dude, I was pretty much there with you until that last sentence. That bothers me a little bit honestly. There are tons of students doing that type of work who will end up with very nice respectable degrees. Also bunches of cool people that make a decent living from it as a career. Being "in" somewhere for a long times brings regulars, and all that, and a decent living. What are they supposed to do, not work rather than taking advantage of a job that allows somewhat flexible hours and decent wages? The economy also isn't that great right now so a second job, or a job period serving isn't that bad of an option.

Good servers know when they mess up and make it as right as possible. They usually also end up still getting tipped well in spite of it due to correct handling of the situation. In the past when I made mistakes, I did indeed expect less tip. It often did not happen because it was dealt with properly. As Hootie mentioned, you also do have to account for people being put in next to impossible situations and actually paying tip outs while losing money from your not tipping. It does happen. Sorry you have had poor experiences. I have been on that end also.

Having a bad attitude and a sense of entitlement aren't good things for servers to have, no doubt. They end up gone anyway. I just think that last statement was not necessary in general. Friday's does blow BTW Haha...

Amnorix
04-10-2009, 07:57 AM
And when you get that $12 bill (for $50 worth of food and drinks) I'm sure you'll tip $2 and feel like you are doing a great justice to that server!

I have nothing against using these coupons, but if you do it, at least tip accordingly. If you're getting $25 off your tab...don't be a jew.

First, neg rep for your jew remark. Normally I like your posts, but that's unacceptable.

Second, you tip according to the PRE-COUPON amount. If you have a $50 bill that becomes $25 because of coupon, then you tip at 15+% of $50, not $25.

The restaurant gave you the coupon, not the server...

Saulbadguy
04-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Fridays = heart disease

That's a pretty bold statement of causation there. Are you saying if I walk in to this restaurant, i'll get heart disease?

Saulbadguy
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Jews don't eat at places like TGIF. That's a Gentile type of place. Jews eat at Bo Lings or someplace ethnic. That's where they discuss how to control all the worlds money and the media.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is fairly accurate. Except for the worlds money and media part.

Consistent1
04-10-2009, 08:04 AM
First, neg rep for your jew remark. Normally I like your posts, but that's unacceptable.

Second, you tip according to the PRE-COUPON amount. If you have a $50 bill that becomes $25 because of coupon, then you tip at 15+% of $50, not $25.

Word. The fact is that servers many times come out better from it due to the savings. There are always bad apples in anything, but most people really do adjust it.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:04 AM

I already addressed this earlier.

There is difference between bad service on my part, and bad service that has nothing to do with my performance.

I don't expect the casual diner to understand that.

I've seen some ridiculous things from some pretty unstable customers in my day...

Newsflash buddy...not everyone is as gifted as you. Your waitress that screwed up...she didn't stalk your entrance, giggle, come up with some devious plan to ruin your experience, and then laugh about it as she didn't get a tip.

It sucks. Sometimes people screw up...but trust me, that girl didn't have any better of a time screwing up and causing herself major embarrassment as you did having to sit through the bad service.

Sometimes cutting a little bit of slack to that 20 year old girl that is in over her head a little bit trying to make ends meet isn't the end of the world. Not everyone is as naturally gifted and as awesome as you, Saggysack.

Baconeater
04-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Yeah, I'm sure every customer does that. :rolleyes:

Chances are if they're a big enough cheapskate to use a coupon, they're going to cheap out on the tip as well.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:06 AM
I think you're forgetting that Bennigan's also had terrible food. That's probably why they went under.

Bennigan's, Chili's, Friday's...all the same fucking thing.

I could tell you why Bennigan's went under...but I'm too hungover right now.

Saulbadguy
04-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I already addressed this earlier.

There is difference between bad service on my part, and bad service that has nothing to do with my performance.

I don't expect the casual diner to understand that.

I've seen some ridiculous things from some pretty unstable customers in my day...

Newsflash buddy...not everyone is as gifted as you. Your waitress that screwed up...she didn't stalk your entrance, giggle, come up with some devious plan to ruin your experience, and then laugh about it as she didn't get a tip.

It sucks. Sometimes people screw up...but trust me, that girl didn't have any better of a time screwing up and causing herself major embarrassment as you did having to sit through the bad service.

Sometimes cutting a little bit of slack to that 20 year old girl that is in over her head a little bit trying to make ends meet isn't the end of the world. Not everyone is as naturally gifted and as awesome as you, Saggysack.

Solid.

I rarely ever leave no tip, or a lesser tip, unless we are blatantly ignored, which doesn't happen very often.

Spott
04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I'm sure every customer does that. :rolleyes:

Chances are if they're a big enough cheapskate to use a coupon, they're going to cheap out on the tip as well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to tip 15% on one of those $.01 appetizers.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
You pay the tip according to the pre-coupon'ed bill. But a coupon is a coupon. Keep the money or give it away. It's not a tough choice...

Correct...and you're in the 5% of this population that knows that.

Ever heard of Bennigan's? I know some people have...but EVERYONE has heard of Chili's.

Bennigan's did their advertising by shipping out billions of coupons...Chili's does their advertising via commercials (and stuff like that)...

I don't even care...I've said it hundreds of times on this site...waiting tables isn't as easy as a lot of people like to think, but it's something that came very naturally to me. I was good at it and the amount of money I made reflected that. Most of my stories come from watching some of my lesser talented/more socially awkward friends/co-workers get absolutely mentally abused by customers. Some of the stuff was pure lunacy.

Elwaysux
04-10-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm a franchisee of Fridays so here is the deal. TV isn't working in this environment. A few weeks ago we ran a BOGO (Buy one, get one) and allowed it to be copied and used over and over again. It drove traffic and the servers made money. Win, win. We have been running this one for a few weeks now and it will end soon but no down side for the consumer. Sign up for Give Me More Stripes and you will get something for free every month. Apologies to those who hate the concept. Chain restaurant work is hard. Tough to have 600 restaurants deliver the food and service consistently.

crispystl420
04-10-2009, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=Saggysack;5656870]ROFL @ sandy giner

Sometimes you just have to realize there is a reason you are serving me my food, and not the other way around.[/QUOTe

So, essentially you believe you are better than the people who work at restaurants??

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Dude, I was pretty much there with you until that last sentence. That bothers me a little bit honestly. There are tons of students doing that type of work who will end up with very nice respectable degrees. Also bunches of cool people that make a decent living from it as a career. Being "in" somewhere for a long times brings regulars, and all that, and a decent living. What are they supposed to do, not work rather than taking advantage of a job that allows somewhat flexible hours and decent wages? The economy also isn't that great right now so a second job, or a job period serving isn't that bad of an option.

Good servers know when they mess up and make it as right as possible. They usually also end up still getting tipped well in spite of it due to correct handling of the situation. In the past when I made mistakes, I did indeed expect less tip. It often did not happen because it was dealt with properly. As Hootie mentioned, you also do have to account for people being put in next to impossible situations and actually paying tip outs while losing money from your not tipping. It does happen. Sorry you have had poor experiences. I have been on that end also.

Having a bad attitude and a sense of entitlement aren't good things for servers to have, no doubt. They end up gone anyway. I just think that last statement was not necessary in general. Friday's does blow BTW Haha...

I absolutely hated when it was actually my fault. I worked at this restaurant long enough where, 95% of the time something went wrong at my table it had nothing to do with me...but I always knew how to handle it and I RARELY ever had a table mad at me because when things began to go wrong I was always very good at communicating and finding ways to make sure that if things went poorly, the end bill would at least make up for the experience.

That being said...when it was a total screw up on my part...I PRAYED for a shitty tip. I hated the pity tip. More than anything. I hated fucking up and then getting some ridiculous tip from that nice couple who obviously thought I was an idiot so they tipped me 30% because they figured my service was awful and I was used to getting stiffed so they'd "make my day."

Nothing hurt my ego more than the pity tip.

When I was a n00b...I was serving this family...two smoking hot high school girls (relax I was friggin' 18 at this time)...one orders this ridiculous strawberry lemonade (it's a party of 6 so I have their drinks on treys)...yeah, so I'm passing the drinks out...my friggin' hand hits the ledge, and the lemonade goes right into the girls purse. I kid you not.

As someone who hates socially awkward situations, my first thought was to get the fuck out and drive home...but instead I was about as apologetic as I've ever been in my life (all the while feeling like a total douche bag)...blah blah blah...they were super nice about it (but had to think I was probably the worst person ever) and then at the end they left me some ridiculous over-tip which really just made me feel worse.

I hate the pity tip :cuss:

When I fuck up, I feel better getting a shitty tip. Trust me.

crispystl420
04-10-2009, 08:20 AM
What an asshole.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how to tip 15% on one of those $.01 appetizers.

Well if the appetizer started out being $8.99...

King_Chief_Fan
04-10-2009, 08:30 AM

I always tip at pre-coupon.

On a different note: (no coupon)
What extra effort is there in taking my order, filling my beverage glass and delivering a $50.00 meal vs. a $25.00 meal? Same effort but big difference in tip...$7.50 vs. $4.00. I don't know how else you would do it if not based on the amount of the bill.

Consistent1
04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm a franchisee of Fridays so here is the deal. TV isn't working in this environment. A few weeks ago we ran a BOGO (Buy one, get one) and allowed it to be copied and used over and over again. It drove traffic and the servers made money. Win, win. We have been running this one for a few weeks now and it will end soon but no down side for the consumer. Sign up for Give Me More Stripes and you will get something for free every month. Apologies to those who hate the concept. Chain restaurant work is hard. Tough to have 600 restaurants deliver the food and service consistently.

Good to see your perspective. It is a bitch business honestly. The troubles for servers are nothing compared to getting the place to run smoothly overall and actually MAKE money. It isn't a huge windfall of cash for owners and companies either. Coupon usage is up everywhere. I also agree with the concept of just letting everyone use the damn thing, copy or not. I have seen way too many servers scam and steal piles of newspapers and stuff like that to steal like $5 a time from coupons. That has happened at more than one place that I have worked for. The copy concept effectively kills that. Customers are dumb not to have one then. Servers shouldn't be stealing when the company is trying to make it, and working hard to provide business. Good luck to you in these hard times man.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Bennigan's spent their entire advertising load on BOGO's and we all saw how that went...

Of course, the mid-level and upper management was terrible...which didn't help. I knew we were in trouble when good ol' boy CEO Clay Dover stepped down after his genius idea of the $4.99 cash crunch lunch (full entree/drink/$4.99 every day) and the $10.99 appetizer/entree/dessert blew up in the companies face.

I tell you what...when those deals were going on simultaneously...we had more traffic than any restaurant on the block (by a wide margin)...but we still weren't making money and the lack of quality because of the high amounts of stress with so many tickets on the kitchen staff wasn't going to get these customers to come back once the deals were over.

Isn't that the idea of good deals? Wow, this food is really cheap but it's so good that once this offer ends I'm coming back and telling all my friends!

The day the lunch deal ended...we probably had 50+ tables sit down, look for the $4.99 menu, realize it wasn't there, get up, and leave.

Way to give your shit away for two months...then file Chapter 7...and then fuck over all of the loyal employees you had for years by bouncing all of their paychecks for the final month (not to mention the fact the checks were always two weeks behind) of employment.

One of my managers was a single mom who depended on the paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.

Her paycheck didn't come two weeks before Bennigan's shut down. She asked why. "Oh don't worry, just a glitch in the system...you'll get both paychecks next pay period!"

You can all guess what happened next.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM

What extra effort is there in taking my order, filling my beverage glass and delivering a $50.00 meal vs. a $25.00 meal? Same effort but big difference in tip...$7.50 vs. $4.00. I don't know how else you would do it if not based on the amount of the bill.

I understand the devil advocates approach to all of this, and I agree a lot of the time.

For me, waiting tables came easy because I'm a people person and I'm good at multi-tasking. I always made a lot of money and felt like I was robbing a bank when I left a night shift with $200+ basically jacking around in the back with other employees having a good time while working.

Shit, when I got in real good with the managers at my last store near the end...we used to get wasted on closes...if you came in to Bennigan's around 9 PM - 12 AM, chances are I was tanked...carrying a large tray of food over your head when you've been taking shots of patron and drinking rum and coke for hours isn't as easy as it looked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
The only time I ever left no tip was in a Waffle House in West Memphis, when after ordering chicken and waffles, the server laughed at me.

*I did not understand the cultural significance of chicken and waffles at the time

Demonpenz
04-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I like the ribs there

notorious
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry, but I have to get my .02 in.

I bartended a couple of nights a week at a bar/grill for 7 years and Hootie has some great points, and his anger is justified to an extent.

Anyone with an poor opinion about the working side of food service that has never done it needs to STFU right here and now.

It looks easy most of the time because the waiter/waitress makes it LOOK easy. Like any field, it takes time to learn the system, and a long time to learn how to handle hungry customers.

As for the person that made that dumb-ass statement about there is a reason he is serving you food:A lot of those people that are serving your food are doing bigger and better things outside of the setting that you see them in.

I loved it when an asshole customer would have your attitude. Since I was bartending to meet people and have fun instead of depending on it for my living (I own 2 other businesses) I could tell people like you exactly what I thought without worry.

It was really nice to see their faces when an employee didn't kiss their ass, but instead talked to them on a level playing field.

Good times........

Demonpenz
04-10-2009, 09:14 AM
i worked at a couple bar and grills and I know tipping is a rip off. I only give 1 or 2 dollars every time. The worst is when girls flirt with you. Give me food whore and leave me alone

notorious
04-10-2009, 09:16 AM
LOL @ Resevoir Dogs and tipping conversation. ROFL

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Bennigan's spent their entire advertising load on BOGO's and we all saw how that went...

Of course, the mid-level and upper management was terrible...which didn't help. I knew we were in trouble when good ol' boy CEO Clay Dover stepped down after his genius idea of the $4.99 cash crunch lunch (full entree/drink/$4.99 every day) and the $10.99 appetizer/entree/dessert blew up in the companies face.

I tell you what...when those deals were going on simultaneously...we had more traffic than any restaurant on the block (by a wide margin)...but we still weren't making money and the lack of quality because of the high amounts of stress with so many tickets on the kitchen staff wasn't going to get these customers to come back once the deals were over.

Isn't that the idea of good deals? Wow, this food is really cheap but it's so good that once this offer ends I'm coming back and telling all my friends!

The day the lunch deal ended...we probably had 50+ tables sit down, look for the $4.99 menu, realize it wasn't there, get up, and leave.

Way to give your shit away for two months...then file Chapter 7...and then **** over all of the loyal employees you had for years by bouncing all of their paychecks for the final month (not to mention the fact the checks were always two weeks behind) of employment.

One of my managers was a single mom who depended on the paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.

Her paycheck didn't come two weeks before Bennigan's shut down. She asked why. "Oh don't worry, just a glitch in the system...you'll get both paychecks next pay period!"

You can all guess what happened next.

Bennigan's went under do to piss poor upper management. When this promotion came out I was more than a little skeptical; about the profitability but I must say I was quite surprised. The increase in sales dwarfed the comped items it was a win win for everyone.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
ROFL @ sandy giner

LMAO Its great how many people have this superiority complex over people in positions like these. I wonder if they would still feel the same if they new their "moron" server made quite a bit more than they did.

Demonpenz
04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
LMAO Its great how many people have this superiority complex over people in positions like these. I wonder if they would still feel the same if they new their "moron" server made quite a bit more than they did.

"knew" ....not new. ....no wonder why you wate tables

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 10:27 AM
"knew" ....not new. ....no wonder why you wate tables

again LMAO suck my dick bitch, actually I’m a chemist (and hate it), my wife is a GM for TGI Fridays. I guess you've never "fat fingered" something? :rolleyes: I dont have what it takes to wait on pretentious shitheads, the crap servers take from you people is insane.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Bennigan's went under do to piss poor upper management.

Agreed. The difference between your promotion, and Bennigan's promotion was...

We were giving shit away.

We have ALWAYS done what you are doing without a promotion...BOGO's are what Bennigan's spent their advertising dollar in...rather than TV...to begin with.

Think of this...

Bennigan's was famous for that disgusting Monte Cristo. Menu price...$8.99 (some loved it, some hated it)...

Cash crunch lunch...you get that and a $2.29 soda for $4.99.

There were 7 other $4.99 deals like that (1/2 lb. burger, huge salads, grilled chicken breast with two sides, soup and salad, etc...)

Full appetizer/full entree/full dessert...$10.99

You can't give shit away, then give shitty service because your kitchen can't handle the increased tickets/traffic, and then expect people to come back when the promotion is over.

The entire system was flawed and sank the company.

Fuck Clay Dover...I hope that miserable fuck never gets another job.

Baby Lee
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Agreed. The difference between your promotion, and Bennigan's promotion was...

We were giving shit away.

We have ALWAYS done what you are doing without a promotion...BOGO's are what Bennigan's spent their advertising dollar in...rather than TV...to begin with.

Think of this...

Bennigan's was famous for that disgusting Monte Cristo. Menu price...$8.99 (some loved it, some hated it)...

Cash crunch lunch...you get that and a $2.29 soda for $4.99.

There were 7 other $4.99 deals like that (1/2 lb. burger, huge salads, grilled chicken breast with two sides, soup and salad, etc...)

Full appetizer/full entree/full dessert...$10.99

You can't give shit away, then give shitty service because your kitchen can't handle the increased tickets/traffic, and then expect people to come back when the promotion is over.

The entire system was flawed and sank the company.

Fuck Clay Dover...I hope that miserable fuck never gets another job.

Part of the problem MAY be that you think a shitty Monte Cristo is worth 8.99 and a soda is worth 2.29.

About as rational as basing your net worth on the '$1000 beanie babies' you have in a rubbermaid tote under your bed.

There are shit tons of successful restaurants offering a decent lunch in the $5-7 range, if your company can only do it for a limited time and fucks it up during said limited time, you're not long for this earth regardless.

Demonpenz
04-10-2009, 10:35 AM
again LMAO suck my dick bitch, actually I’m a chemist (and hate it), my wife is a GM for TGI Fridays. I guess you've never "fat fingered" something? :rolleyes: I dont have what it takes to wait on pretentious shitheads, the crap servers take from you people is insane.

I was being sarcastic that is why I spelled wait wrong

Consistent1
04-10-2009, 10:39 AM
again LMAO suck my dick bitch, actually I’m a chemist, my wife is a GM for TGI Fridays. I guess you've never "fat fingered" something? :rolleyes: I don’t have the patients to wait on pretentious shitheads, the crap servers take from you people is insane.

Ah, that is just Demon bro. His comedy career isn't going so well IMO. You are right though, Bennigans had problems from the floor to the ceiling. Promotions and coupons didn't kill them anymore than a million other issues. The one that Hootie is talking about is also in a piss poor location for that quick lunch deal anyway. People expect too much out of that particular promotion anyway. They will have like a 45 minute lunch and expect to drive somewhere, park, wait a few minutes to get sat and receive drinks, pay and then get back to work. Yeah, good luck with that. A lot of people just tried to gamble on slammage for the freebie here in Normal and they weren't even on any type of break. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Pissy idiots that should know that even if they get it all done in time they have no business trying to use that deal anyway. Now, if they did a lunch promotion like that at the Fridays in this area, it would be quite interesting to say the least due to the location. They are smart enough not to do it in other words.

Elwaysux
04-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Agreed on the "Fast Lunch" concept. All it takes is one person that wants a well done burger and so much for 10 minute food. Interesting perspectives on servers. I started 27 years ago with Fridays as a cook so I have always respected the hourly employees. Most of my servers are students or single mom's and they work hard. They can get insurance, paid vacations and discounted meals for their families as well as themselves. They get treated with respect and they treat the business accordingly. Fridays will continue to discount to their loyalty members but the general discounting will be short term. It's just what it takes to get through the current environment. Props to MIADragon's wife who's the GM. Now that's a tough job and the pay never seems to catch up.

38yrsfan
04-10-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.restaurant.com/index.asp?pgn=home

I've used these to help stay in the budget and still be able to go out with the family. For you Donk fans; to save time running to your mail to see what your zip code is, many Denver codes start with 802XX but remember to replace the xx's with real numbers. :)

Enjoy

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Agreed on the "Fast Lunch" concept. All it takes is one person that wants a well done burger and so much for 10 minute food. Interesting perspectives on servers. I started 27 years ago with Fridays as a cook so I have always respected the hourly employees. Most of my servers are students or single mom's and they work hard. They can get insurance, paid vacations and discounted meals for their families as well as themselves. They get treated with respect and they treat the business accordingly. Fridays will continue to discount to their loyalty members but the general discounting will be short term. It's just what it takes to get through the current environment. Props to MIADragon's wife who's the GM. Now that's a tough job and the pay never seems to catch up.

Our kitchen staff was excellent in terms of getting people in and out.

But the same people came every day...and it was always slammed.

On the rare occasion things went slow, or the credit card machines fucked up, or ANYTHING went wrong, these regulars would act like the world was ending, etc. etc. etc.

Look, after tax you're getting a fucking restaurant quality meal for cheaper than something you'd get at McDonald's...

STFU and STFD...if you don't have a lunch HOUR...then go to fucking McDonald's you cheap SOBs...

If you come out in a party of 15, and all want separate checks...fine, I'll do it...but don't fucking sweat me when you all give me $20 bills and it takes me a little time to sort out the change.

(Some) People are so ridiculous.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I was being sarcastic that is why I spelled wait wrong

My bad, having a shitty day. :)

Demonpenz
04-10-2009, 12:07 PM

On the rare occasion things went slow, or the credit card machines ****ed up, or ANYTHING went wrong, these regulars would act like the world was ending, etc. etc. etc.

Look, after tax you're getting a ****ing restaurant quality meal for cheaper than something you'd get at McDonald's...

STFU and STFD...if you don't have a lunch HOUR...then go to ****ing McDonald's you cheap SOBs...

If you come out in a party of 15, and all want separate checks...fine, I'll do it...but don't ****ing sweat me when you all give me $20 bills and it takes me a little time to sort out the change.

piss on them

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 12:09 PM

On the rare occasion things went slow, or the credit card machines ****ed up, or ANYTHING went wrong, these regulars would act like the world was ending, etc. etc. etc.

Look, after tax you're getting a ****ing restaurant quality meal for cheaper than something you'd get at McDonald's...

STFU and STFD...if you don't have a lunch HOUR...then go to ****ing McDonald's you cheap SOBs...

If you come out in a party of 15, and all want separate checks...fine, I'll do it...but don't ****ing sweat me when you all give me $20 bills and it takes me a little time to sort out the change.

LMAO so true.

|Zach|
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
We have had past threads where I talked about tipping and customers and this and that...no reason to repost any of that but something I have seen sticks out...it isn't only a food thing either.

People who use coupons to get really good deals on things bitch the most. It is one of the most consistent things I have ever seen. It happened during the short time I was in a public food and beverage environment, happened during my days at office depot, also happens at my families business in Blue Springs.

It is one of the craziest things in the world. People that go out of their way to get stuff really cheap seem to go out of their way to be unhappy about something, like they feed off of it. They seem like the unhappiest mother fuckers in the universe.

I out out of food and bev now and when I was I worked in private clubs 95% of the time that were a great situation to be in. High end customers who enjoyed great dining experiences instead of just turn and burn. Working in that industry and in those environments has helped me a ton in understanding people to make my current business ventures more successful.

Saggysack
04-10-2009, 01:03 PM
ROFL

yep, ya'll fiddered me's out, I think I am better than food service workers. Ass U Me

It's a simple concept to me. Provide excellent service, recieve a tip, more times than not a very healthy one. Provide anything less than that and I will adjust my hard earned money accordingly. Don't think you are getting a tip just because you bring my food out. I take offense to those that already have their hand in my wallet just because I walked in the door. A tip is not mandatory.

I don't give a damn how hard the job is. Not my problem, not my job. And don't hit on my wife either, she isn't paying the bill.

|Zach|
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Provide anything less than that and I will adjust my hard earned money accordingly.

Not sure what this is a response to. Nobody is demanding you give 20% no matter what.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 01:11 PM
ROFL

yep, ya'll fiddered me's out, I think I am better than food service workers. Ass U Me

It's a simple concept to me. Provide excellent service, recieve a tip, more times than not a very healthy one. Provide anything less than that and I will adjust my hard earned money accordingly. Don't think you are getting a tip just because you bring my food out. I take offense to those that already have their hand in my wallet just because I walked in the door. A tip is not mandatory.

I don't give a damn how hard the job is. Not my problem, not my job. And don't hit on my wife either, she isn't paying the bill.

:spock:

Saggysack
04-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Not sure what this is a response to. Nobody is demanding you give 20% no matter what.

I don't think I said they did.

Saggysack
04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
:spock:

Everyone isn't well suited to be a chemist. Myself included. Think you could provide the safety and welfare to a US Federal District Judge?

Pants
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Everyone isn't well suited to be a chemist. Myself included. Think you could provide the safety and welfare to a US Federal District Judge?

You're a bodyguard? Badass!

pr_capone
04-10-2009, 01:22 PM
how the fuck did this thread make a left turn into tipping and quality of service?

first time I have ever tl;dr my own thread.

lol

eazyb81
04-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Same here.

You're a moron if you don't use coupons like this - it's free money.

MiDW3sT
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I have nothing against people who use coupons. I do have something against people who use coupons and don't tip accordingly. If you're meal is 50 bucks and it's half price, you still need to tip on the original 50 and not 25.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:11 PM
We have had past threads where I talked about tipping and customers and this and that...no reason to repost any of that but something I have seen sticks out...it isn't only a food thing either.

People who use coupons to get really good deals on things bitch the most. It is one of the most consistent things I have ever seen. It happened during the short time I was in a public food and beverage environment, happened during my days at office depot, also happens at my families business in Blue Springs.

It is one of the craziest things in the world. People that go out of their way to get stuff really cheap seem to go out of their way to be unhappy about something, like they feed off of it. They seem like the unhappiest mother ****ers in the universe.

I out out of food and bev now and when I was I worked in private clubs 95% of the time that were a great situation to be in. High end customers who enjoyed great dining experiences instead of just turn and burn. Working in that industry and in those environments has helped me a ton in understanding people to make my current business ventures more successful.

Excellent points. I overlooked that and you are correct. I love how these people try using multiple coupons and then get mad when I point out the 'one coupon per table, per visit)...and then they say...well we'll sit at different tables! Or, let me see a manager...OR come on help us out!

It's insane. People will pull out a BOGO entree and then try and get $5 off and use that free dessert coupon at the end...if they bitch enough, the managers will do it, too! I've seen people get $75 worth of food for $15...and then they tip $3 for that EXCELLENT service! That's my favorite.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Same here.

You're a moron if you don't use coupons like this - it's free money.

I don't disagree, it just isn't for me.

Like it or not, bust out a coupon and you'll be profiled as cheap right away, especially at a restaurant.

I know enough about restaurant chatter that I rather not be the butt of jokes behind the scenes while I receive my free $8 burger.

I rather just enjoy myself, be kind to my server, and tip them well at the end so when I come back next time they might remember me and not immediately profile me as some 'cheap college kid'...

I, however, learned ALONG time ago, college kids are some of the best tippers.

College kids...40-50 year old white dudes = best tippers.

Saulbadguy
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Like it or not, bust out a coupon and you'll be profiled as cheap right away, especially at a restaurant.

I know enough about restaurant chatter that I rather not be the butt of jokes behind the scenes while I receive my free $8 burger.

I rather just enjoy myself, be kind to my server, and tip them well at the end so when I come back next time they might remember me and not immediately profile me as some 'cheap college kid'...

I wait until the end of the meal to whip out the coupon.

eazyb81
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Honestly, getting labeled as cheap by restaurant workers might be the absolute last thing on my priority list. And before you pull out the disrespect card, I worked at restaurants for a few years while in high school and early college. I know it's one of the most difficult jobs out there and I would never want to do it again.

However, if a restaurant or any other business offers a major coupon or discount, I'm not going to be hesitant to use it for fear of looking cheap. That's ridiculous and would show a severe lack of self-confidence.

In most cases, I wouldn't even go out to said restaurant if I didn't have that coupon, because spending $50+ bucks going out to eat just isn't that important to me. So if the choice is $0 or a discounted version of the full price meal, I'd think all restaurant employees would appreciate the latter.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I wait until the end of the meal to whip out the coupon.

That's definitely the best way to do it.

I don't even give a shit...I worked in THE restaurant for coupons...that's the only reason anyone ever went to Bennigan's...so really, coupons are the only reason I made any money.

I just can't stand the intro people who whip out 50 coupons at me and get mad when I tell them they can only use one...and then threaten me by saying they'll ALL sit at a different table.

Do they think I give a shit? Sit on the fucking floor for all I care. If I had it my way, they could use 900 coupons per table and get paid to eat...I just don't understand how people don't realize that a $3.90 an hour waiter isn't the one making the rules.

SBK
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Did anyone take this coupon into Friday's and have it work yet?

Saulbadguy
04-10-2009, 03:26 PM
That's definitely the best way to do it.

I don't even give a shit...I worked in THE restaurant for coupons...that's the only reason anyone ever went to Bennigan's...so really, coupons are the only reason I made any money.

I just can't stand the intro people who whip out 50 coupons at me and get mad when I tell them they can only use one...and then threaten me by saying they'll ALL sit at a different table.

Do they think I give a shit? Sit on the ****ing floor for all I care. If I had it my way, they could use 900 coupons per table and get paid to eat...I just don't understand how people don't realize that a $3.90 an hour waiter isn't the one making the rules.

Good lord, I could never be a waiter. I went out to lunch with some buddies today, and some guy at the table next to us threw a fit because he wanted mashed potatoes with his meal rather than french fries. Whether or not he said anything about that when he ordered, who knows, but he sent it back.

I guess I get pissed off when I see people acting like that, and I would never throw a fit about something that stupid and insignificant. I'd eat the damned french fries and be happy - at that point I remarked to my friends how I could never do that job, i'd end up spitting in every other plate of food.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Did anyone take this coupon into Friday's and have it work yet?

It works trust me ;)

SBK
04-10-2009, 03:30 PM
It works trust me ;)

Is it a local coupon? Hope not, I'm in Atlanta and looks like I know where I'm eating dinner tonight.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Honestly, getting labeled as cheap by restaurant workers might be the absolute last thing on my priority list. And before you pull out the disrespect card, I worked at restaurants for a few years while in high school and early college. I know it's one of the most difficult jobs out there and I would never want to do it again.

However, if a restaurant or any other business offers a major coupon or discount, I'm not going to be hesitant to use it for fear of looking cheap. That's ridiculous.

In most cases, I wouldn't even go out to said restaurant if I didn't have that coupon, because spending $50+ bucks going out to eat just isn't that important to me. So if the choice is $0 or a discounted version of the full price meal, I'd think all restaurant employees would appreciate the latter.

First off, PERSONALLY, I think being a waiter is about the easiest job ever. I made between $20-$30 an hour (sometimes more if it was hopping and the tips were flowing) to flirt with co-workers and take the occasional minute out of my shift to actually pay attention to what I was doing (it's really a simple fucking job)...

and as for me, I might judge the shit out of a table under my breath...(stuff like, JFC these people must be retarded) but to be honest, I just don't give a shit if a table tips me or not...it's not the end of the world if someone stiffs me.

I do, however, get to listen to all of the angry people that hate their lives and suck at their jobs bitch and moan and cry...and tell the hosts not to sit them with type A, or type B (old people, black people, people with kids)...

Me, I just STFU and take what I get. I've gotten enough ridiculous (good) tips from tables you'd expect to ditch out on the bill before they actually left a red cent...where I no longer profile anyone because then I just feel bad when I'm wrong.

Shit, I had to read the GD menu for this one family because they were all illiterate, and they were so happy that I didn't treat them like retards (they were) that they tipped the entire friggin' bill.

My idiot co-workers don't realize how fucking stupid they are and that customers generally aren't as dumb as we think they are and they know when you don't want anything to do with them.

Every table I serve gets the same service...and I dread serving hot girls (no joke)...I much rather serve a 30-60 year old couple opposed to a table full of hot 18 year old girls who are dumber than shit and want to 'chat'...

I don't want to tell you what movie I'd go see if I were you, I want to take your fucking order and get back to the hot hostess you're distracting me from!

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Good lord, I could never be a waiter. I went out to lunch with some buddies today, and some guy at the table next to us threw a fit because he wanted mashed potatoes with his meal rather than french fries. Whether or not he said anything about that when he ordered, who knows, but he sent it back.

I guess I get pissed off when I see people acting like that, and I would never throw a fit about something that stupid and insignificant. I'd eat the damned french fries and be happy - at that point I remarked to my friends how I could never do that job, i'd end up spitting in every other plate of food.

ROFL

I had to get a job when I was 18 (DUI - lawyer said the best way to get it dropped was to be in school and have a job)...so I got hired as a busboy at Bennigan's...after they realized I wasn't socially inept, they bumped me up to server in a few weeks (even though I didn't want to do it)...

Anyways, I watched the dudes that were really good at it (and for real, guys are 1,000 times better at serving than girls...I've had respect for one girl's abilities as a server...all of the other one's FREAK out and the dudes end up doing the behind the scenes work for them while they are changing their tampons and wiping their tears) and picked up everything they did well and that's how I learned. Then I saw the true badasses who didn't write anything down, and then I started trying it (slowly at first, and then I got it down where I never had to write anything down once I memorized the menu - but that took a year or so before I was comfortable with my abilities)...and then I got to the point where I stopped making any mistakes...ever.

For me, it's an easy job. In Chicago, it wouldn't be easy for anyone because the clientelle was AWFUL...you could be the Michael Jordan of waiters and people are going to bitch so they can get free food. Swear to God...people would bitch because they've done it before and they know how simple it is to get at least part of their meal comp'd.

So, once I moved to Normal (a town with a little god damn class) my job became about the easiest job of all time.

I was never busy, I never had any problems, the kitchen never fucked up, no one ever bitched to get free shit, and everyone tipped 20%...and I got all the good shifts.

Now, 80% of the staff were new or terrible, and that's how problems start. I am a big fan of watching customer meltdowns...but I'm not a big fan of watching friends get fired because some idiot customer hates their life and has to take it out on 19 year old Brittney who has the common sense of a box of rocks but is the nicest girl you'd ever meet.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Is it a local coupon? Hope not, I'm in Atlanta and looks like I know where I'm eating dinner tonight.
Notice the fine print on the coupon(s) though...

You have to first, go to the bar, sit down...order a drink (and then you get the appetizer)...and then you (presumably) pay the bar tab and then get a table where you can use the free entree coupon.

At least that's how I deciphered it.

I don't think you can use both at the table...but I could be wrong...and you know what, most people probably try it so regardless of the intentions of Friday's, they probably allow you to use both at the table so I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about.

But I'm assuming the intentions of the coupon was to get the restaurant on a wait at all times...which would then get that couple on wait to go to the bar and use coupon A...and then use coupon B when they finally got that table.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 03:44 PM

No sir, just print it off and your golden.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:46 PM
and the coupons work because all of the drinks cost around $7 a piece...chances are you're ordering two drinks...and those two drinks right there EASILY make up for the cost of an appetizer...probably by 200%.

and once you start in on those drinks, and since you're getting so much free shit, chances are you're ordering at least 1 more a person, maybe 2...which then EASILY makes up for that one entree (probably again, 200%...400% if you order two a piece)...and then you still have to actually pay for that other entree (the more expensive one if you order two)...

And by that time you've already had 3 drinks and you're feeling pretty good...why not get one more and before you know it, they hit you with a $90 tab anyways!

Too bad Bennigan's was too fucking stupid to understand this concept...instead they crushed their kitchen with impossible demands (and put on more servers rather than kitchen staff because they didn't realize all of the problems stemmed from ticket times, not the idiots writing down the orders) and essentially sunk the company...

Fuck me.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Notice the fine print on the coupon(s) though...

You have to first, go to the bar, sit down...order a drink (and then you get the appetizer)...and then you (presumably) pay the bar tab and then get a table where you can use the free entree coupon.

At least that's how I deciphered it.

I don't think you can use both at the table...but I could be wrong...and you know what, most people probably try it so regardless of the intentions of Friday's, they probably allow you to use both at the table so I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about.

But I'm assuming the intentions of the coupon was to get the restaurant on a wait at all times...which would then get that couple on wait to go to the bar and use coupon A...and then use coupon B when they finally got that table.

SBK when you get to Fridays tonight (if you dont want to sit at the bar) ask your server if you can use the coupon (she should say its fine) at worst she will get a manager that will allow you to use it at your table. It not a big deal at all. Right now places are just happy that you came in. If that fails just call me Ill get it done for ya!

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 03:52 PM
and the coupons work because all of the drinks cost around $7 a piece...chances are you're ordering two drinks...and those two drinks right there EASILY make up for the cost of an appetizer...probably by 200%.

and once you start in on those drinks, and since you're getting so much free shit, chances are you're ordering at least 1 more a person, maybe 2...which then EASILY makes up for that one entree (probably again, 200%...400% if you order two a piece)...and then you still have to actually pay for that other entree (the more expensive one if you order two)...

And by that time you've already had 3 drinks and you're feeling pretty good...why not get one more and before you know it, they hit you with a $90 tab anyways!

Too bad Bennigan's was too ****ing stupid to understand this concept...instead they crushed their kitchen with impossible demands (and put on more servers rather than kitchen staff because they didn't realize all of the problems stemmed from ticket times, not the idiots writing down the orders) and essentially sunk the company...

**** me.

It could be me but it doesn’t say WHAT "beverage" you have to order……

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
SBK when you get to Fridays tonight (if you dont want to sit at the bar) ask your server if you can use the coupon (she should say its fine) at worst she will get a manager that will allow you to use it at your table. It not a big deal at all. Right now places are just happy that you came in. If that fails just call me Ill get it done for ya!
I figured.

It doesn't bother me at all, but 100 times out of 100 if you want to use two coupons, and ask to see a manager about it, they'll let you do it..."I'll let it fly this time! But only this time!!"....until next time.

Like I said, I'd gladly give the food away for free, doesn't effect me at all...but I remember this one dude in Chicago used to go irate when managers let his tables use two coupons...because everytime it would knock the bill down $15-$20 and they'd tip on the new total...

This guy was nuts...but he has a point, I guess.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:55 PM
It could be me but it doesn’t say WHAT "beverage" you have to order……

True.

I get the concept of the coupons, though. They make sense...they set those things up to succeed. Breath of fresh air compared to my restaurant.

And shit, Friday's uses most of their budget on TV...Bennigan's DEVOTED their entire budged to coupons and promotions...and the idiots STILL couldn't get it right.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
True.

I get the concept of the coupons, though. They make sense...they set those things up to succeed. Breath of fresh air compared to my restaurant.

And shit, Friday's uses most of their budget on TV...Bennigan's DEVOTED their entire budged to coupons and promotions...and the idiots STILL couldn't get it right.

Very true, like I said before, the numbers just dont lie, this promo is just flat out working, for everyone I think.

Short Leash Hootie
04-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Very true, like I said before, the numbers just dont lie, this promo is just flat out working, for everyone I think.
Well, I know if it was me using those coupons, the money I'd be saving would equate to me buying the shit out of those margaritas...so they'd end up making a pretty penny off of this guy.

MIAdragon
04-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, I know if it was me using those coupons, the money I'd be saving would equate to me buying the shit out of those margaritas...so they'd end up making a pretty penny off of this guy.

LMAO I hear ya man.

Spott
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM

That makes sense. The servers get every one of their meals half off or more yet the customer is profiled as cheap for using a coupon. But really, what customer actually gives a shit what a bunch of waitresses thinks about them anyways.

|Zach|
04-11-2009, 01:06 AM
That makes sense. The servers get every one of their meals half off or more yet the customer is profiled as cheap for using a coupon. .

Yea. Thats the same thing. :hmmm:

kysirsoze
04-11-2009, 02:53 AM

I have nothing against using these coupons, but if you do it, at least tip accordingly. If you're getting $25 off your tab...don't be stubborn.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This X million.

Can you guess what I do for a living?;)

kysirsoze
04-11-2009, 03:14 AM

For the most part, when you go somewhere that is more expensive, you expect better service. Obviously this doesn't always happen, but that's the idea. This stems both from nicer places having higher expectations, and the job market for nicer places being more competitive.

Baby Lee
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/brackets/brackets.pdf

MIAdragon
04-11-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/brackets/brackets.pdf

How is that place?

pr_capone
04-11-2009, 10:09 AM
How is that place?

They are GREAT.

Good service and damn good food. Free UFC fights and sports on every TV around you.

MIAdragon
04-11-2009, 10:14 AM
They are GREAT.

Good service and damn good food. Free UFC fights and sports on every TV around you.

Nice! there is a new one going up right around the corner from my place.

sedated
04-11-2009, 11:41 AM
The next restaurant I go to, I'm going to stiff the waiter, just because of Hootie's bitterness and complete douche-baggery.

Short Leash Hootie
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
The next restaurant I go to, I'm going to stiff the waiter, just because of Hootie's bitterness and complete douche-baggery.

That'll show me!

KC Jones
04-11-2009, 12:06 PM
For the most part, when you go somewhere that is more expensive, you expect better service. Obviously this doesn't always happen, but that's the idea. This stems both from nicer places having higher expectations, and the job market for nicer places being more competitive.

Exactly.

I waited tables for 5-6 years. I started out in working in chain places with douchebags like Hootie. By the end I was working in 4 star restaurants. We were expected to know about different culinary styles, wines, etc. and provide flawless service. We'd regularly meet in off hours to sample the chefs new concoction and the additions to the wine list. It's a whole different game to recognize that your current table can afford and appreciate the Château Haut-Brion which is not on the wine list and that it would make an excellent pairing for their entree. You get a table that feels uncomfortable in that atmosphere and you might need to do a little entertaining for them or lighten everything up a bit. At the same time the table next door is going over a deal, they don't even want to know you exist but they must never want for anything. It's something of an art - and that experience as well as the food is what you are paying for.

When I stopped I was probably pulling in ~40-50k and that was in the early 90's. Quite a bit of that was tax free since back then I still got a lot of cash tips (since almost everyone uses plastic today you pretty much have to claim it all). You can make a living doing that and the lifestyle is damn fun, but then I looked around at all the 40-50 year old folks still waiting tables, not having health insurance, struggling to keep a marriage in tact since they worked evenings and weekends, bodies breaking down from being on their feet 10 hours at a time, etc. I realized I needed to find a real career or I was going to end up like them.

For the record, waiting tables can be extremely stressful. To this day the worst nightmares I've ever had were waiter nightmares.