PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Internet/Cable options

Coach
04-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Since most of you fellers know that I was moving to a new home out by the KCK speedway, around the Piper area, I have been limited in terms of my selection with internet and cable options. It appears that Time Warner does not service in that particitular area that we are located in. And I am not too pleased/impressed with this "Sunflower" cable company that's out of Lawrence, or so I understand. I mean, really, what kind of a fucky assed cable company charge you 40 bucks for a 15GB a month transfer?

Anyways, I need some assistance here, especially if there are some fellers that live around in that particitular area, or at nearby cities of Leavenworth/Lansing.

Deberg_1990
04-10-2009, 06:49 AM
I would go with satellite or see if AT&T UVerse is available in your area.

htismaqe
04-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Satellite is hit and miss. The last 2 HughesNet installs I've seen get average download speeds of about 200K or just slightly better than dialup.

rockymtnchief
04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Satellite is hit and miss. The last 2 HughesNet installs I've seen get average download speeds of about 200K or just slightly better than dialup.

We do Wild Blue around here and it seems to be about the same. Some people are really happy with it and others say that it's great one day and slow the next.

Lancetastic
04-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey neighbor. I live near Donahoo and Hutton and am familiar with the issues with Sunflower Broadband. Unfortunately, I haven't found a better alternative.

morphius
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I would go with satellite or see if AT&T UVerse is available in your area.
Uverse is just starting to move into the Sunflower market. Sunflower is horrible from everything I have heard, the one person I know in the area actually just uses AT&T DSL for Internet access.

jeff h
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I live in the country by KCI. I have a sprint card plugged in to a special router. it's 40 a month. I didn't see any benefit to satalite. I get 1000 down but only about 100-200 up. I can't use a voip phone or do online games (too busy and old anyway). I would switch to cable or dsl in a heartbeat....just wouldn't move back in to town to get it.
Posted via Mobile Device