PDA

View Full Version : Life Ground Hog under the hood, chewing wires.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
So my brother is about to leave to go to the bank, he gets in and his van won't start up. So he pops the hood only to have a giant groundhog sitting on top of his motor. That thing tore his hood insulation all apart, and just about every wire that was near him. We had to keep jabbing at him with a stick until he would hop down, then try and scare him out from under the van. Big fat old groundhog too, I have personally never seen this. Out on the farm we used to catch 20-30 of these things a year in quick kill traps. Now is your turn to tell of any crazy animal stories?

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 02:46 PM
A ground hog chewed a hole in the heaviest pumpkin in the US last year, disqualifying it a week or so before its official weigh-in.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
A ground hog chewed a hole in the heaviest pumpkin in the US last year, disqualifying it a week or so before its official weigh-in.

Only good ground hog is a dead ground hog.

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 02:51 PM
When I was in high school I would kill ground squirrels on my grandpas runway by pouring water in their hole and when they'd pop their head up for air, I'd stab it with a screwdriver.

I hate rodents :cuss:
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
04-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Ground hogs also like eating seats on dirt bikes and ATV's. I was back fishing with a buddy of mine, about 15 miles back from the nearest road. We came back from a lower stream and there is a big old nasty ground hog sitting on my buddys dirt bike seat, just going to town. We get within 25 yards and the thing doesn't move. My buddy drew his .22 pistol to light him up and ends up shooting his gas tank. :) Old Dave never was a great shot. I had to end up giving him a ride back that day and back the next week to take care of the "dead gas tank."

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
When I was in high school I would kill ground squirrels on my grandpas runway by pouring water in their hole and when they'd pop their head up for air, I'd stab it with a screwdriver.

Posted via Mobile Device

That's brutal.

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
That's brutal.

Nah, what's brutal is what those fucking holes do to airplane tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Ground hogs also like eating seats on dirt bikes and ATV's. I was back fishing with a buddy of mine, about 15 miles back from the nearest road. We came back from a lower stream and there is a big old nasty ground hog sitting on my buddys dirt bike seat, just going to town. We get within 25 yards and the thing doesn't move. My buddy drew his .22 pistol to light him up and ends up shooting his gas tank. :) Old Dave never was a great shot. I had to end up giving him a ride back that day and back the next week to take care of the "dead gas tank."

Oh that's hilarious.

seclark
04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Only good ground hog is a dead ground hog.

c'mon ahead then...

Bwana
[/b]

Oh that's hilarious.

I thought so, Dave, not so much. :D

El Jefe
Nah, what's brutal is what those ****ing holes do to airplane tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

Many a times have the horses broken legs from those holes as well.

MOhillbilly
04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
you got a dog right?

groundhogs dont act like this,could be rabid.

seclark
04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
you got a dog right?

groundhogs dont act like this,could be rabid.

i thought i had a groundhog penned behind the freezer in my shed a few years ago, so i turned the lab and the bulldog loose on it.

turned out it was a frickin badger, instead. sliced up the bulldogs nose pretty bad, and the lab knocked me over running out of the shed.
sec

rockymtnchief
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

When I was in eastern Colorado they had a couple high school kids working the grounds crew. One guy would pour water down the hole while the other practiced on the gophers head when it popped out. That kid was dead on with his 7 iron!

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
i thought i had a groundhog penned behind the freezer in my shed a few years ago, so i turned the lab and the bulldog loose on it.

turned out it was a frickin badger, instead. sliced up the bulldogs nose pretty bad, and the lab knocked me over running out of the shed.
sec

Are you serious? If so that is pretty funny, I bet it wasn't then, but it's a good story now. MO, yeah I have my dog, but we are at work.

seclark
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Are you serious? If so that is pretty funny, I bet it wasn't then, but it's a good story now. MO, yeah I have my dog, but we are at work.

serious...killed it w/a bow. took the bulldog to the vet for shots. mean b@stards.
sec

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Groundhogs are vicious cocksuckers. When I was about 12, my dad let one out of a trap he'd set and gave me a shotgun. I almost blew the sonofabitch in half with some #4 buckshot. That was a good time.

MOhillbilly
04-10-2009, 03:26 PM

sec

id love to turn my bulldog loose on a badger.

Bwana
04-10-2009, 03:27 PM
serious...killed it w/a bow. took the bulldog to the vet for shots. mean b@stards.
sec

They are indeed, as are wolverines.

eazyb81
04-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I think I've told this story before on here, but when I was about 5 or 6 a rabid possum crawled up on our back deck and right up to our back door. We had glass doors, so I could easily see him staring me right in the face while drooling and hissing.

Well my jackass dad started joking that he was going to open the door, and kept putting his hand on the doorknob and turning it. I don't think he realized how much that would freak me out, but I remember shrieking and crying hysterically until my grandma almost punched my dad in the face.

To this day I am absolutely petrified of all rodents, including possums.

seclark
04-10-2009, 03:30 PM

this was a mean mfer...chewed thru the first arrow i thumped him with. covered w/ticks, too. i'd hate to come up on one w/o seeing it first. i'm sure the dogs weren't very happy w/me either.
sec

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Are you serious? That could get nasty, badgers are fierce, I know APBT's are too though.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I was going back to close the chicken coop one night, and it was pitch black. Only the barn light was shedding a little light. Well I had a stick in my hand, and I heard some hissing so I backed up slowly until I was in the light, and then got rushed by a raccoon. Mean sum beach, he must of been rabid, I cracked him on the head with the stick, and then he veered of course. I know if I didn't get him on that first hit, he would of bitten me for sure.

MOhillbilly
04-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you serious? That could get nasty, badgers are fierce, I know APBT's are too though.

my dog bites to break bones & sling guts. dogs bite hard cause they wanna. that shit about lockin jaws is pure BS. some APBT cant break a egg.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
my dog bites to break bones & sling guts. dogs bite hard cause they wanna. that shit about lockin jaws is pure BS. some APBT cant break a egg.

Really because the guy down the street selling them for $50 bucks a puppy says that it's true :) Like I have talked with you about, I would love to see if my dog would be worth her salt, protection wise.

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 03:59 PM

I'm sure it does, and it would probably win the war, but it might lose its share of the battles. Those fucking badgers are bamfs. Their fucking skin is really loose on their body so it is tough for a dog to bite and do damage. They are low to the ground and powerful. And those claws are MEAN.

My dad ran down one on a trail road in his spray pickup (it was a 1 ton chevy with a 500 gallon tank, 70 foot boom and the pump and plumbing, so it was HEAVY). He ran over the fucking thing 4 times and couldn't get it dead before it got down the hole.

If you do turn your dog lose on one, make sure you have a gun there - probably bigger than a .22 - just in case.
Posted via Mobile Device

googlegoogle
04-10-2009, 04:06 PM
heard people eat them.

Bwana
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM
heard people eat them.

I think those people are long gone. They called them mountain men.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM
You heartless, disgusting bastards!

I've got a pet badger and a pet groundhog and they're the most loving animals. they're so cute, and they'll wait for me by the door, and sit in my lap as I watch TV...They love me unconditionally.

PEOPLE SHOULD SICK THEIR DOGS ON YOU MENS AND HAVE THEM BITE OUT YUR GUYZ GUTS N LIVERS FOR BEING ANIMAL ABUSERS!!!!

Bwana
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM

I've got a pet badger and a pet groundhog and they're the most loving animals. they're so cute, and they'll wait for me by the door, and sit in my lap as I watch TV...They love me unconditionally.

PEOPLE SHOULD SICK THEIR DOGS ON YOU MENS AND HAVE THEM BITE OUT YUR GUYZ GUTS N LIVERS FOR BEING ANIMAL ABUSERS!!!!

ROFL

Deberg_1990
04-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I have heard of snakes on the engine block

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/carsnake.asp

MOhillbilly
04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm sure it does, and it would probably win the war, but it might lose its share of the battles. Those ****ing badgers are bamfs. Their ****ing skin is really loose on their body so it is tough for a dog to bite and do damage. They are low to the ground and powerful. And those claws are MEAN.

My dad ran down one on a trail road in his spray pickup (it was a 1 ton chevy with a 500 gallon tank, 70 foot boom and the pump and plumbing, so it was HEAVY). He ran over the ****ing thing 4 times and couldn't get it dead before it got down the hole.

If you do turn your dog lose on one, make sure you have a gun there - probably bigger than a .22 - just in case.
Posted via Mobile Device

my dog killed a full grown deer, maybe 50 coons, taken on dogs 3 times her size 2 at a time, feral tom cats, she aint no joke. and ive seen her take a beatin, she just comes back for more.

MOhillbilly
04-10-2009, 04:27 PM

fuggin sweet!:clap:

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
my dog killed a full grown deer, maybe 50 coons, taken on dogs 3 times her size 2 at a time, feral tom cats, she aint no joke. and ive seen her take a beatin, she just comes back for more.

I understand. A badger will fight most like a raccoon, but is a mean son of a bitch. Just a fair warning. Your dog will probably come out on top, but I'd pack some heat just in case.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 04:43 PM

So how did it take down a deer? Did it mangle a leg and then go after the throat or what?

My dogs have chased plenty of deer, but I don't think they'd figure out a good way to bring it down without it getting away.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
04-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I understand. A badger will fight most like a raccoon, but is a mean son of a bitch. Just a fair warning. Your dog will probably come out on top, but I'd pack some heat just in case.
Posted via Mobile Device

i got a hammer.

Bwana
Posted via Mobile Device

Agree, but it will likely get tore up in the process of "winning." Badgers are mean son of a bitches and very strong. I have had some experiences with them as well. They are not wolverine strong, but they are wolverine mean when they get pissed off and are a hand full.

Mo, your dog may win, but save a couple hours of your time to doctor up your dog after the shit hits the fan.

MOhillbilly
So how did it take down a deer? Did it mangle a leg and then go after the throat or what?

My dogs have chased plenty of deer, but I don't think they'd figure out a good way to bring it down without it getting away.
Posted via Mobile Device

dont know. by the time i got there she had it down by the throat. both were a bloody pulp.

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 04:53 PM
dont know. by the time i got there she had it down by the throat. both were a bloody pulp.

That's quite a feat. Dog must have injured a leg badly to keep it from just bolting and getting away. That would be something to see.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
04-10-2009, 06:46 PM
I have one question:

Did he see his shadow?