PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN kissing Steroid Merrimans ass again with another feature story!

PunkinDrublic
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Why the hell is this cheating POS being featured on ESPN when he barely played a down last season? I'm officially done with that goddammn network. I bet you when his soon to be finished career is over they give him a studio analyst position like they do every other annoying douchebag.

penguinz
04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Why do you care?

Buck
04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
You are mad that they are having a feature story on a guy who hasn't played in the NFL in a year, and he's coming back, so they are reporting on it?

I can guarantee you he hasn't had a feature story since maybe the beginning of last year.

Brock
04-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I hope his next feature story is about his life after amputation.

PunkinDrublic
04-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Why do you care?

I shouldn't care but I fucking hate that dickbag. I should've known better than to stop on espn while flipping through the channels. Truly dispicable what that network has become.

Buck
04-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah, nobody gets 2nd chances in life, fuck them.

PunkinDrublic
04-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, nobody gets 2nd chances in life, **** them.

He's a dirty player who disrespected the game by cheating and ESPN continually ignores this with their bullshit puff pieces. Hopefully his career is ending soon.

Fruit Ninja
04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, he's one of the best sackmasters in the game today, why wouldnt they do features on him? Regardless of your hate towards Shawn, he's a big time player and he's going to make alot of money.

Its like saying, hey, ESPN is talking about the Red Sox and Yankee's again. Really?

Fruit Ninja
04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I shouldn't care but I ****ing hate that dickbag. I should've known better than to stop on espn while flipping through the channels. Truly dispicable what that network has become.

How do you hate someone you dont even know? I dont understand when people say, i hate this player or that player. WTF did he ever do to you?

Buck
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
He's a dirty player who disrespected the game by cheating and ESPN continually ignores this with their bullshit puff pieces. Hopefully his career is ending soon.

I'll have to disagree with you.

He fucked up and got caught, he got suspended, and its been 3 years since then.

Get over it man, its not like he is still cheating.

PunkinDrublic
04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
How do you hate someone you dont even know? I dont understand when people say, i hate this player or that player. WTF did he ever do to you?

I hate players that don't respect the game who play dirty it's as simple as that.

Brock
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM

He took Priest Holmes away from the Chiefs with a dirty helmet to helmet hit. I wouldn't waste piss on him if he was on fire.

PunkinDrublic
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
He took Priest Holmes away from the Chiefs with a dirty helmet to helmet hit. I wouldn't waste piss on him if he was on fire.

It's very rare that players are the same after sustaining the type of injury that Merriman has suffered. Hopefully he'll become irrelevant soon enough.

OnTheWarpath58
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Did you quit watching ESPN when they were the Barry Bonds 24 hours a day network?

What about Michael Vick?

ESPN has a lot of negatives, but doing a 5 minute piece on an elite player who missed all of 2008 isn't one of them.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I'll have to disagree with you.

He ****ed up and got caught, he got suspended, and its been 3 years since then.

Get over it man, its not like he is still cheating.

Silly Sandy Eggo fan.

PunkinDrublic
04-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Did you quit watching ESPN when they were the Barry Bonds 24 hours a day network?

What about Michael Vick?

ESPN has a lot of negatives, but doing a 5 minute piece on an elite player who missed all of 2008 isn't one of them.

Well all that was building up to it but this was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 03:38 PM
+ 1

Buck
04-10-2009, 03:42 PM

That wasn't dirty.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 03:43 PM
That wasn't dirty.
Doesn't matter if it was dirty or not.

Brock
04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
That wasn't dirty.

Fuck you, it was a helmet to helmet cheap shot.

Buck
04-10-2009, 03:45 PM
**** you, it was a helmet to helmet cheap shot.

He wasn't fined or suspended, the NFL didn't take any disciplinary action.

Whether or not the Steroids affected that hit is up to you.

Brock
04-10-2009, 03:47 PM
He wasn't fined or suspended, the NFL didn't take any disciplinary action.

Whether or not the Steroids affected that hit is up to you.

I don't care if he was fined or suspended. He's a scumbag and I'm okay with all kinds of bad things happening to him.

Buck
04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't care if he was fined or suspended. He's a scumbag and I'm okay with all kinds of bad things happening to him.

Taking Steroids and playing football doesn't make you a scumbag.

You want a real scumbag, go talk to Mr. DUI-Manslaughter (Leonard Little), or Mr. Make Dogs fight eachother to the death (Vick).

Merriman is a very Charitable man, and he's not even near one of the top paid players int the NFL.

He runs 2 drives a year in San Diego to help out the homeless, and 1 in Maryland every year where he buys jackets for some of Maryland's less fortunate youth so they won't go cold.

Not a scumbag.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Taking Steroids and playing football doesn't make you a scumbag.

You want a real scumbag, go talk to Mr. DUI-Manslaughter (Leonard Little), or Mr. Make Dogs fight eachother to the death (Vick).

Merriman is a very Charitable man, and he's not even near one of the top paid players int the NFL.

He runs 2 drives a year in San Diego to help out the homeless, and 1 in Maryland every year where he buys jackets for some of Maryland's less fortunate youth so they won't go cold.

Not a scumbag.
No one here gives a shit. We'd all like to see Merriman never play again. I'd like to see him fucking dead. In the dirt.

You will not curry any sympathy for Merriman in this board. We all fucking hate him.

Buck
04-10-2009, 04:49 PM
No one here gives a shit. We'd all like to see Merriman never play again. I'd like to see him ****ing dead. In the dirt.

You will not curry any sympathy for Merriman in this board. We all ****ing hate him.

Good.

Hes not a scumbag though.

Scumbags are people who wish other people wish harm upon others, for reasons that aren't very worthy.

I could understand if you wanted to see, lets say, Osama bin Laden or maybe a cop-killer or someone of that sort receive bodily injury, but a football player?

Lets get real.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Good.

Hes not a scumbag though.

Scumbags are people who wish other people wish harm upon others, for reasons that aren't very worthy.

I could understand if you wanted to see, lets say, Osama bin Laden or maybe a cop-killer or someone of that sort receive bodily injury, but a football player?

Lets get real.
Scumbags are people who imply in so many words that other posters are scumbags.

See, I'm playing the make-up-a-definition game, just like you.

Buck
04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Scumbags are people who imply in so many words that other posters are scumbags.

See, I'm playing the make-up-a-definition game, just like you.

I see.

Well I may be wrong, but I'd never root for an injury.

Seems a little dick to me.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I see.

Well I may be wrong, but I'd never root for an injury.

Seems a little dick to me.
I'd call crashing one's helmet into the head of one of the Chiefs best players, ending the effective part of that player's career, then doing a stupid, jittery, annoying "Lights Out" dance in celebration a dick move.

Its all about perspective, I suppose.

Mecca
04-10-2009, 05:44 PM
This thread made me laugh...if you hate Merriman because he "cheated and disrespected the game" i suggest you turn off your TV and don't watch sports because well if you think everyone but the guys who get caught are clean I have some sad news for you...

And part of the reason I'm sure Merriman is getting a feature is they are promoting ESPN west coast.

sportsman1
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
No one here gives a shit. We'd all like to see Merriman never play again. I'd like to see him ****ing dead. In the dirt.

You will not curry any sympathy for Merriman in this board. We all ****ing hate him.

This.

KCwolf
04-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Pretty much sums it up. Period.

KCwolf
04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
This thread made me laugh...if you hate Merriman because he "cheated and disrespected the game" i suggest you turn off your TV and don't watch sports because well if you think everyone but the guys who get caught are clean I have some sad news for you...

And part of the reason I'm sure Merriman is getting a feature is they are promoting ESPN west coast.

I don't give a sh*t if YOU think 100% of the NFL players are on Steriods .... that's exactly why I hate Merriman....I suggest U become a Charger or Bronco fan.

Mecca
04-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't give a sh*t if YOU think 100% of the NFL players are on Steriods .... that's exactly why I hate Merriman....I suggest U become a Charger or Bronco fan.

I suggest you blow me....

The entire thread reeks of the inferiority complex people display. ESPN is promoting their west coast move, he's a pro bowl player from the best team on the west coast what the fuck do you expect?

Just in case you missed it, it seems most people don't give 2 shits about steroids anymore.

KCwolf
04-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I know you don't.

However, I realize more than a majority are on some type of performance enhancing drugs.....

But unlike you, I don't welcome it. Nor condone it.

I understand that there are soooo many different ways around the testing...but Merriman is EXACTLY the type I think should be targeted by the league and not immorillized.....he's a jackass

Buck
04-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I know you don't.

However, I realize more than a majority are on some type of performance enhancing drugs.....

But unlike you, I don't welcome it. Nor condone it.

I understand that there are soooo many different ways around the testing...but Merriman is EXACTLY the type I think should be targeted by the league and not immorillized.....he's a jackass

Merriman has been tested every week during the season and monthly in the offseason ever since his one positive test, and he was tested 3 or 4 times before his positive test and was clean every time.

What else do you want him to do?

He is sorry for what he did.

I guess forgiveness is not an option here?

KCwolf
04-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Merriman has done more steriods than Hulk Hogan.......he's moved into the unforgiven catagory.

JASONSAUTO
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I suggest you blow me....

The entire thread reeks of the inferiority complex people display. ESPN is promoting their west coast move, he's a pro bowl player from the best team on the west coast what the fuck do you expect?

Just in case you missed it, it seems most people don't give 2 shits about steroids anymore.

ESPN is moving, they're not going to be in bristol anymore?

Mecca
04-10-2009, 08:02 PM
They've been promoting ESPN "west coast" for awhile now, I don't know if they're moving or going to have 2 locations but they are doing something with having broadcasts from the west coast.

Von Dumbass
04-10-2009, 08:56 PM

If you guys are really switching to a 3-4 defense I guarantee you would welcome him with open arms when he became a free agent.

I know I would love to see Denver get the best pass rushing OLB in the NFL.

bayarealightning
04-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Helmet to helmet contact with a player running with the football is not a cheap shot, dirty play, nor an illegal hit. Why, because the runner is also dropping his helmet prior to contact! I doubt that you will ever see runners not dropping their heads going into contact. A tackler cannot afford to have a runner plant his helmet right into the tacklers chest. That is exactly the way that tacklers get run over by a runner. So, how does anyone propose that we take out helmet to helmet contact between runners and tacklers? Please let me know.... I'll wait.