PDA

View Full Version : Life what is the deal with handgun ammo?

Gracie Dean
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
hubby and I went to the range today

We didn't want to use our ammo as it is hard to find replacement right now

SO

we go to the range and all they have is boxes of re-loads..

why?

Oh by the way,

I shot 50 rounds on 4 targets we used the bowling pin targets. I got 45 of them all around the Q 3 I shot in the neck of the pin and two on the outside grey

I think I am going to buy my own eye protection glasses and ear muffs, I hate using something that others use...almost as bad as using others bowling shoes.

SBK
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Obama won, people are stocking up before he taxes the piss out of their guns.

Gracie Dean
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM

not going to happen

Bwana
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Umm, it has to do with the new guy in the White House. People are worried and are stocking up like it's going out of style. Guns are the same way, production can't keep up with demand right now. Not only is there only about 10% of the stock at most sporting goods stores, but the price has gone through the roof on guns and ammo.

Brock
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
not going to happen

He's already making noises about banning "assault weapons".

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
not going to happen

Naive much?

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Umm, it has to do with the new guy in the White House. People are worried and are stocking up like it's going out of style. Guns are the same way, production can't keep up with demand right now. Not only is there only about 10% of the stock at most sporting goods stores, but the price has gone through the roof on guns and ammo.

Yep, I could of bought a WASR for about 5-600 bucks about a year ago. Now they are about 800-$1000.00!!!

Bwana
04-10-2009, 02:37 PM
not going to happen

Don't bet the rent on that, seriously.

Gracie Dean
we are not shooting automatics...

just plain hand guns

seclark

why?

cheaper
sec

SBK
04-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't bet the rent on that, seriously.

If you spend any time in DC forum you know that this is the response his disciples have when something his holiness is doing gets mentioned.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
not going to happen

England thought the same thing.

Pablo
If you spend any time in DC forum your brain will melt from the shear retardation spewed forth from both sides.FYP.

Gracie Dean
cheaper
sec

they were pretty dirty

every shot you could see a cloud of dark powder

but there was hardly anyone at the range and I like it that way. I don't like it being packed.

We were the only two people there for most of our time. As we were leaving, a lot of people were lining up for lanes.

Bacon Cheeseburger
I hate it when I'm ready to go on a murderous rampage and I can't find any ammo.

El Jefe

just plain hand guns

And?......It's a trickle down effect.

shitgoose
04-10-2009, 02:41 PM

just plain hand guns

Demand is up for everything. One of the local gunshops finally got some .380 LCP's in but I couldn't find a single box of 380 Auto in Wichita so I didn't buy it.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Firearms Salesman of the Year.
http://www.cubaheadlines.com/files/cubaheadlines.com/imagenes/obama8.jpg

Bwana
04-10-2009, 02:42 PM

just plain hand guns

Pam, people are buying anything that can find right now. The only thing out there that there is a decent supply of from what I've seen, is shotgun ammo. Even at that, some of the bigger pellet rounds (00buck, 000buck) are starting to show signs of taking a hit.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Firearms Salesman of the Year.
http://www.cubaheadlines.com/files/cubaheadlines.com/imagenes/obama8.jpg

But But But, he said he would bring change....

Buehler445

Truth.

I work for Cabela's and we are busting our balls just to get anything. We are even prepaying to ensure that we get some.

The buyers tell me it is all the election (not just Obama, the house and Senate also).

As soon as Obama got a lead in the election, our damn sales went through the roof! The % growth from prior year in several categories are unfathomable. Unfortunately, guns and ammo are notably low margin.

Anyway, it is driven by fear of future actions.
Posted via Mobile Device

SBK
FYP.

This too. :D

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Pam, people are buying anything that can find right now. The only thing out there that there is a decent supply of from what I've seen, is shotgun ammo. Even at that, some of the bigger pellet rounds (00buck, 000buck) are starting to show signs fo taking a hit.

Yep, you can find most shotty ammo is still in large stock. Almost any other ammo is selling like gold.

Gracie Dean
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Pam, people are buying anything that can find right now. The only thing out there that there is a decent supply of from what I've seen, is shotgun ammo. Even at that, some of the bigger pellet rounds (00buck, 000buck) are starting to show signs fo taking a hit.

yea, we have noticed. Every time we go to walmart, hubby looks to see if there is any ammo. We live about 5 blocks away so we are there 2-3 times a week.

Sports area guy says when they do get it in, they only get 5 boxes or so and it is gone within the hour

Brock
04-10-2009, 02:45 PM

just plain hand guns

It doesn't make any difference. Obama is no friend to gun owners.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:45 PM
yea, we have noticed. Every time we go to walmart, hubby looks to see if there is any ammo. We live about 5 blocks away so we are there 2-3 times a week.

Sports area guy says when they do get it in, they only get 5 boxes or so and it is gone within the hour

Yep, too much demand and too little supply at the moment.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:47 PM
It doesn't make any difference. Obama is no friend to gun owners.

It won't be long before Lord Barry tries to take firearms in general away.

Bwana
04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I got this via email today. Tried to check it out with snoops, but they had nothing on it. I sent it in to them today to try to get a True or False.

ALL ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS HEADS UP!!!!?

<HR style="COLOR: #555576" align=center width="100%" noShade SIZE=1>

Gentlemen,?

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with my firearms(which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very frightening thing happened at work yesterday.

I was ordered to fill out a list containing my firearm information. This included make, model, caliber, and serial number of all firearms I currently posses.

In addition, I was also required to list registration information, location of all weapons individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I posses.

If you are like me, then the people you work with know you have firearms. So I had to list at least some.

?I tried to talk to my 1sgt(who is normally aproachable through proper channels) to find out what this is for, and I was basically told,

"I don't give a?!&@%, just put your info on the form."

?I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in other units at Fort Campbell as well.

It just seems alittle coincidental to me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President in history is inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are put on the table in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting what amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they are off post, and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why.

?I fear something really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in almost 8 years, and never have any of my units asked for this information.

If any of you out there have any info as to what all this crap is about please chime in.

Otherwise consider yourself warned. I have already posted this on every other firearm forum I am a member of to get the word out.?

Here it is folks. Time to write your congress critters.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I got this via email today. Tried to check it out with snoops, but they had nothing on it. I sent it in to them today to try to get a True or False.

<HR style="COLOR: #555576" align=center width="100%" noShade SIZE=1>
Gentlemen,?

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with my firearms(which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very frightening thing happened at work yesterday.

I was ordered to fill out a list containing my firearm information. This included make, model, caliber, and serial number of all firearms I currently posses.

In addition, I was also required to list registration information, location of all weapons individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I posses.

If you are like me, then the people you work with know you have firearms. So I had to list at least some.

?I tried to talk to my 1sgt(who is normally aproachable through proper channels) to find out what this is for, and I was basically told,

?I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in other units at Fort Campbell as well.

It just seems alittle coincidental to me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President in history is inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are put on the table in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting what amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they are off post, and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why.

?I fear something really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in almost 8 years, and never have any of my units asked for this information.

If any of you out there have any info as to what all this crap is about please chime in.

Otherwise consider yourself warned. I have already posted this on every other firearm forum I am a member of to get the word out.?

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/image001.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/image002.jpg

Obama can kiss me between the back pockets. I buy my guns at gun shows or swap meets strictly for the reason of not registering them. It makes me think twice about wether or not to get my CCW. Who knows he may revoke everyone's CCW anyways.

Nixhex
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
My friend just but a Tokarev TT-33. It shoots the 7.62 X 25mm round. He bought 1000 rounds for $100 online.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
get back to me when he's received it...

Is it old, rusted Chinese-reload crap?

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
My friend just but a Tokarev TT-33. It shoots the 7.62 X 25mm round. He bought 1000 rounds for $100 online.

Re-loads?

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:03 PM

Heh, just beat me, I betcha it is.

Bwana
04-10-2009, 03:07 PM

I would bet that the case as well. BOOM...dud..BOOM...dud.

El Jefe
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I would bet that the case as well. BOOM...dud..BOOM...dud.

BOOM...dud....JAM....BOOM...dud....JAM

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Since Ammo is so tough to find, I'm stock piling a couple of thousand JUDY-CHOPS, 500 scissor kicks and a Horse jawbone Tommy-Hawk.

Hog Farmer
04-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I have a friend with an FFL that I buy ammo through. If you want .308, .223, .45,9mm. Forget it. Although he did come through with some .308 for me but he said he got lucky .

Holder was interviewed on msnbc and he was saying they would like to reinstitute the assault weapon ban but that was about it. And that the NRA has lobbied a lot of democreats the past few years and that anything they would present would get killed off quickly.

earlier ir was reported he said he would like to increase ammo tax by 1000%. I think thats our future. No firearm bans other than assault but they will make shit so hard to buy due to the cost we will only be able to buy stuff by getting a second job.

Also I heard that a company is building a plant to manufacture AR-15 rifles in Georgia. They wouldn't be following through with that if they were expecting a ban coming unless it's purely military.

2bikemike
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I shoot quite regularly. I typically load my own Shot Shells. If I can find a good deal at Wal-Mart I will buy some there. I stocked up on shot before the price of lead went through the roof and its time to buy more.

I have visited several stores in my area looking for 9MM and its tough to find the less expensive stuff. I did just find out my ex wifes husband has a channel through the local PD. Says he can get me a 1,000 rounds for $175 we will see if he comes through. If he can I will order more as soon as I can. I have a feeling ammo will be the next sin tax. Gotta make up for all the smokers who are quitting. They are definately pushing to regulate ammo since they haven't been as effective removing the guns.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-10-2009, 04:07 PM

<hr style="color: rgb(85, 85, 118);" align="center" size="1" width="100%" noshade="noshade">

Gentlemen,?

If you google it you will find that it was a real memo sent out by a low-level officer of that Company, without anyone's direction or approval. Said order has since been rescinded as it was not legal or proper.

Those that continue to propogate untrue stories make things worse. it's usually very easy to find out if these things are fake or not before sending them out to everyone.

I personally enjoying sending replies to asinine email forwards with a Snopes link just to show how stupid the sender is.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM
My brother has a girl....friend...who got a new boyfriend who works for an ammo manufacturer...he hit her up to see what she could get him, and the dude who he's never met, sent him 400 rounds the other day, .45 and .223 for free.

He keeps that up, he might get a free turkey hunt.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-10-2009, 04:18 PM
another reason ammo is in short supply is that at least one major manufacturer shuts down during January for holiday, so that also strains supply.

kcfanXIII
04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
its a shame we can't put some of the unemployed to work in ammo factories. seems like a two birds with one stone sorta thing.

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
its a shame we can't put some of the unemployed to work in ammo factories. seems like a two birds with one stone sorta thing.

I don't think the factories are understaffed. I doubt it would do much good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
He's already making noises about banning "assault weapons".
Just the ones that were already banned and had it run out.

kcfanXIII
04-10-2009, 04:39 PM
why not build more factories. there's demand for ammo, production should increase to meet it. i know this will not happen. don't take me too serious here.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-10-2009, 04:50 PM
people need to stop using 2 bullets in murder-suicides at gun ranges. Use one, then run out in front of people shooting at the targets and conserve that bullet you selfishly used on yourself you fvcking bitch.

shitgoose
04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
More hearsay but I was told that the ammo mfg's had to fill some huge military orders to start the year and have yet to catch up. Don't know if thats true but I imagine the military orders take precedent over what they ship to wally world for us regular folk to purchase.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 04:57 PM

"Just".

Most of the worst requests of my life have contained that word...

Could you just Midget-kick yourself in the forehead for me?

Mr. Krab
people need to stop using 2 bullets in murder-suicides at gun ranges. Use one, then run out in front of people shooting at the targets and conserve that bullet you selfishly used on yourself you fvcking bitch.

1 shot, 2 kills

http://www.presseportal.de/showbin.htx?id=73357&type=preview.w425

Nixhex

I was a little off on the number of rounds and price. 1224 rounds for $160. Oh and it's not crappy reloads.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM619-5.html

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't buy it unless I'd seen it or talked to someone who has shot a couple hundred of those rounds.

With the demand, it almost HAS to be old stuff at the very least.

Nixhex
04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't buy it unless I'd seen it or talked to someone who has shot a couple hundred of those rounds.

With the demand, it almost HAS to be old stuff at the very least.

I hear ya. I'm sure I'll shoot it with him so if I can remember I'll let you know if it's worth a damn or not.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I just priced some .223 on that site, and its not cheap, what is available.
I'll dig around a little more later. Thanks for the link.

PastorMikH
04-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Yep. People have been stocking up on ammo ever since last summer when it was looking evident that a Democrat would be in the Whitehouse with a Democrat majority in congress. Now that supplies are low, many more are buying anything they can find.

For reloaders like myself, powder, primer, bullets are also hard to come by. Glad I did most of my reloading for this years prairie dog hunt last summer instead of this spring like I do most years. I'd be hard pressed to find supplies.

I'm sure that things will return to normal. In fact, I'd imagine that as soon as manufacturers catch up with demand they'll experience a big slump as most buyers will be well stocked for several years to come.

Skip Towne
04-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't own any guns and I don't want any. But I don't like this shit at all.

PastorMikH
04-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Not true. Take a look at the new list. It has expanded quite a bit. In fact, as noted in thread a few weeks back here, even the M1 Garand is on the list. It was semi-auto back in WW2.

Bwana
04-10-2009, 05:16 PM

:BS:

mikeyis4dcats.
04-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Not true. Take a look at the new list. It has expanded quite a bit. In fact, as noted in thread a few weeks back here, even the M1 Garand is on the list. It was semi-auto back in WW2.

I don't think anyone ever substantiated that "rumored" list that was posted.

Fish
04-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Holder was interviewed on msnbc and he was saying they would like to reinstitute the assault weapon ban but that was about it. And that the NRA has lobbied a lot of democreats the past few years and that anything they would present would get killed off quickly.

earlier ir was reported he said he would like to increase ammo tax by 1000%. I think thats our future. No firearm bans other than assault but they will make shit so hard to buy due to the cost we will only be able to buy stuff by getting a second job.

Also I heard that a company is building a plant to manufacture AR-15 rifles in Georgia. They wouldn't be following through with that if they were expecting a ban coming unless it's purely military.

I think this is much closer to the truth than the unfounded hysteria fueling a good portion of the impulse buying right now.

JASONSAUTO
04-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I just priced some .223 on that site, and its not cheap, what is available.
I'll dig around a little more later. Thanks for the link.

you had never heard of cheaperthandirt????

Fish
04-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I have some ammo I could get rid of right now if anybody is interested. I've got 6-7 boxes of 25-06 that I don't think I'll ever have any use for. Also 5 boxes of .308. A few boxes of the .308s aren't in super shape, and I probably wouldn't recommend shooting them for anything but practice.

I also have about 8 boxes of empty 44mag casings and a box or 2 of .308 that I'll never reload if anybody is looking for some cheap brass.

PM me if anybody would like to purchase/trade. I'd gladly trade any of the above for some .270win too.

btlook1
04-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I checked out local wally world last night also....they don't have much of anything either. Pretty much everyone online is sold out of the major calibers. We can't even find .22's around here.

Dave Lane
04-10-2009, 08:44 PM
hubby and I went to the range today

We didn't want to use our ammo as it is hard to find replacement right now

SO

why?

Oh by the way,

I shot 50 rounds on 4 targets we used the bowling pin targets. I got 45 of them all around the Q 3 I shot in the neck of the pin and two on the outside grey

I think I am going to buy my own eye protection glasses and ear muffs, I hate using something that others use...almost as bad as using others bowling shoes.

Didn't shoot your son did you? I hear thats going round...

Gracie Dean
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Didn't shoot your son did you? I hear thats going round...

well, since I don't have a son I guess I didn't

and not really sure what you are referring to :shrug:

PastorMikH
04-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't think anyone ever substantiated that "rumored" list that was posted.

Whether it is authentic or not, both the NRA's sight as well as the Brady bunch's websight report that the Brady bunch is looking to greatly expand the guns that are placed on the list.

Mr. Krab
04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
My bad, i was under the impression that it was just reinstating the ban that was allowed to expire.

Iowanian
04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
"Just".

There was no good reason to ban most of the things that were banned the first time, other than politics.

sparkky
04-11-2009, 08:47 AM
not only would Omama sign any kind of gun/ammo legislation passed to him, congress now has enough Dems to pretty much do what ever they like. we've seen that already haven't we?

I suspect it won't be long after all the recent mass shootings till anti gun topics come front and center of the MSM and gain steam.
Not to mention that we, the USA, are responsible for most of the weapons used in the Mexi's drug violence. ROFL Or so TPTB would lead the simpleton masses to believe.

The UN also has played a part. They have threatened to cut off aid to poorer countries that export surplus arms and ammo. That has put increased demand on the manufacturing companies. Sometimes there just isn't any more "old stock" surplus to export.

Clinton stopped the import of arms and ammo for civilians from China as I recall.
I think he also stopped the selling of US surplus ammo. It's now sold to companies for "demilling". They pull the bullets, dump the powder and pop or remove the primers. But, funny thing is, we can buy all the demilled components and reload them. Go figure.

Brock
04-11-2009, 08:53 AM

You act like you're telling us new information.

wild1
04-11-2009, 09:16 AM
because the "assault weapons ban" - sorry, I mean scary-looking weapons ban - caused such a huge reduction in crime last time...

whatsmynameagain
04-11-2009, 09:33 AM
"clinging to guns and religion"

cant help but laugh at this. you idiots are that worried about gun policy going out buying a bunch of ammo and guns, for what? you really think they can or will take all of our guns away? we dont have the time or money for it. like somebody said before, best gun salesmen ever. lot of tax dollars too. i hope they tax the shit out of g&a. some people just shouldnt be allowed to have guns. "but our constitution...." has that ever mattered before? its funny the battles people wage with or against certain parts of the constitution and then not others. to some of you, only a certain part of it really matters. so when i hear "constitutional right" its hard not to laugh because that same idiot would give up several other freedoms, without understanding why or how and its ok. but once guns are mentioned.......

When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

When the law break in
How you gonna go?
Shot down on the pavement
Or waiting in death row

You can crush us
You can bruise us
But you'll have to answer to
Oh, Guns of Brixton

The money feels good
And your life you like it well
But surely your time will come
As in heaven, as in hell

You see, he feels like Ivan
BORN under the Brixton sun
His game is called survivin'
At the end of the harder they come

You know it means no mercy
They caught him with a gun
No need for the Black Maria
Goodbye to the Brixton sun

You can crush us
You can bruise us
Oh-the guns of Brixton

When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

You can crush us
You can bruise us
And even shoot us
But oh- the guns of Brixton

Shot down on the pavement
Waiting in death row
His game was survivin'
As in heaven as in hell

You can crush us
You can bruise us
Oh, the guns of Brixton
Oh, the guns of Brixton
Oh, the guns of Brixton
Oh, the guns of Brixton
Oh, the guns of Brixton
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
04-11-2009, 09:34 AM
On top of the Obama-effect, copper has been going through the roof as well. So people are grabbing it when they can before prices go up as well. I can't get range ammo for .40 S&W for anything anymore. I am guarding my last 500 rounds like gold.

whatsmynameagain
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
because the "assault weapons ban" - sorry, I mean scary-looking weapons ban - caused such a huge reduction in crime last time...

give me a reson why you should have an assault weapon/semi auto?
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
04-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Because I have the Right to protect myself from a tyranical government. One which usually seeks to disarm it's citizenry prior to it's reign of tyrany.

You have no understanding, obviously, of the 2nd Amendment.

whatsmynameagain
04-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Because I have the Right to protect myself from a tyranical government. One which usually seeks to disarm it's citizenry prior to it's reign of tyrany.

You have no understanding, obviously, of the 2nd Amendment.

are you saying that assault weapons were made to fight the govt?
what assualt weapons were available when the constitution was created?

you are completely missing the point. if you have an assault weapon and they come to your house and try to take your gun, what are the outcomes like with the assault weapon and without vs having other guns? which scenario is the one where you survive ?

im typing this from my bed where my 38 is right under my pillow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
04-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Give me a reason I shouldn't.

shitgoose
04-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Because I can

wild1
04-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

you're talking about almost every gun there is

petegz28
04-11-2009, 10:14 AM
are you saying that assault weapons were made to fight the govt?
what assualt weapons were available when the constitution was created?

you are completely missing the point. if you have an assault weapon and they come to your house and try to take your gun, what are the outcomes like with the assault weapon and without vs having other guns? which scenario is the one where you survive ?

im typing this from my bed where my 38 is right under my pillow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well if there is no difference between your .38 and an AR then there is no reason for me to not own an AR.

sportsman1
04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Banning assault weapons or anything only keeps good people away from buying it. The black market will always be where the crooks go anyways.

vailpass
04-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Do they have gun shows in your area? We have them out here about every month. You can get what you need. Arizona is a right-to-carry state. If the President is going to try to reduce the rights of firearm owners he has a very steep hill to climb in this state.

Here is the one coming up this month with list of other locations, maybe one near you?

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/generalinformation.htm

Gracie Dean
04-11-2009, 08:09 PM
There is one coming in May

Bwana
05-09-2009, 06:28 AM
We have 9 sporting goods stores in town, I hit them all yesterday trying to pick up an extra box of 10mm ammo............nothing. The counter people told me that demand was up ten fold for ammo from this time last year. I don't see it getting better for a long time.

tmax63
05-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey Bwana, do you reload? If you do I got a box of 500 10mm brass brand new that I don't have a gun to use in. We might be able to work something out.

Bwana
05-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Hey Bwana, do you reload?

I have in the past and may start again. The problem is, there is also a shortage of primers and a lot of the powers out there as well from what the boys were telling me yesterday. Perhaps it's time to get some new elastic for the wrist rocket slingshot, because it this crap gets any worse, that's what we'll be left with. :doh!:

tmax63
05-09-2009, 06:40 AM
I enjoy hunting/shooting/reloading myself and just set my bench up again this spring. Hadn't reloaded in close to ten years. I restocked on most things about 3-4 months ago. I can even cast my own for 38/357, 44, and my muzzleloader. It's getting alot harder to even find lead anymore.

Bwana
05-09-2009, 06:44 AM
If you do I got a box of 500 10mm brass brand new that I don't have a gun to use in. We might be able to work something out.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm still good for now. I still have several boxes. I am going to take my son atving later today and burn a few rounds. Most of my stuff is real high end Corbon loads, for making bears go night night. I do have two boxes of target rounds, I'll just burn a few clips of that today and bring the .22. I still have several bricks of .22. (Which is also going away fast at the retail level.) You can still get most of the rifle and shot gun rounds, but the center fire pistol rounds have dried up. The exception is, #4 buck and 00 buck. People have been buying the heck out of that as well. I was able to find three boxes of 00 buck yesterday and picked that up, but 8/9 stores were out of that.

Bwana
05-09-2009, 06:45 AM
It's getting alot harder to even find lead anymore.

Seriously, damn. :shake:

WhitiE
05-09-2009, 07:31 AM
not going to happen

ahahahaha k.....

WhitiE
05-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Banning assault weapons or anything only keeps good people away from buying it. The black market will always be where the crooks go anyways.

yea but when legal i can buy one and protect my home with it...... kinda much but hey....

Buehler445
05-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Seriously, damn. :shake:

Hey Bwana, is the Cabela's open up there yet?

We're sold out of a LOT of shit, but the store here in Sidney still has some stock. With grand opening and everything, who the frick knows, but it's worth a shot. Talk to an outfitter and see if they can get it through ISP. It's tough, but the merchandisers have been very proactive in this deal.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-09-2009, 11:14 AM
.380 = 9mm 'short', and due to contractual obligations US ammo makers are churning out 9mm ammo on almost any equipment that will make .380's. Add to that the recent Ruger .380 release = demand went up while supply went down. Might not want to take your .380 to the range and burn thru any stockpiled ammo, because it'll be awhile before any reappears on the shelf. About the only place I know of to buy .380 is at Doubletap

http://tinyurl.com/o52qhm

Doubletap ammo isn't cheap...but it's good. And better a $35 box of good ammo than letting your Bersa serve as a lightweight club. Despite any clueless Brady Bunch suggestions to the contrary.

Bwana, Doubletap (above) was started by a guy who couldn't find 10mm locally, so they specialize in the stuff. Did you get those boxes of hardcast yet? How'd you like it? Here are some more of their offerings:

http://tinyurl.com/b8s35

The tokarev ammo y'all were talking about is usually hot, most of the surplus is good. I just don't happen to like any of the guns made to shoot the stuff.

I stocked up on ammo 2 years ago, before the rise in metal prices so this little fandango doesn't hit me as hard as it's hitting some others. But it is kind of annoying that it's hard to replace what I shoot up, because eventually I'll shoot it all up. With that in mind I've been taking a couple of bolt .22 rifles and a target .22 pistol to the range every time. It doesn't make as much noise, but practice is practice. I particularly like a little CZ 452 'trainer' model, which is a miniature Mauser 98 for my purposes. Best iron sights I've found on a rimfire, even my old eyes can still work with these.

With centerfire ammo going at 2 and 3 times the price I paid 2 years ago, grit your teeth and pass on shooting as much centerfire, just put that ammo money towards the purchase of a good rimfire. Hopey changey!

PastorMikH
05-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I have in the past and may start again. The problem is, there is also a shortage of primers and a lot of the powers out there as well from what the boys were telling me yesterday. Perhaps it's time to get some new elastic for the wrist rocket slingshot, because it this crap gets any worse, that's what we'll be left with. :doh!:

There's not a shortage of a lot of powders, JUST THE ONES I NEED!!!:banghead;

Bwana
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM

We're sold out of a LOT of shit, but the store here in Sidney still has some stock. With grand opening and everything, who the frick knows, but it's worth a shot. Talk to an outfitter and see if they can get it through ISP. It's tough, but the merchandisers have been very proactive in this deal.

It opens next Thursday.

Bwana
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
[quote=BigOlChiefsfan;5752497 Bwana, Doubletap (above) was started by a guy who couldn't find 10mm locally, so they specialize in the stuff. Did you get those boxes of hardcast yet? How'd you like it? Here are some more of their offerings:
![/quote]

Not yet bud, I guess they are still in the mail. I was atving with my son today and burned 50 rounds to keep brushed up on my shooting.

Garcia Bronco
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
If you google it you will find that it was a real memo sent out by a low-level officer of that Company, without anyone's direction or approval. Said order has since been rescinded as it was not legal or proper.

Those that continue to propogate untrue stories make things worse. it's usually very easy to find out if these things are fake or not before sending them out to everyone.

I personally enjoying sending replies to asinine email forwards with a Snopes link just to show how stupid the sender is.

So he sends out a letter and the order gets cancelled and it's an untrue story....interesting perspective.

Buehler445
05-09-2009, 09:54 PM
It opens next Thursday.

Cool. Hopefully they can help you out.

|Zach|
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
But But But, he said he would bring change....

What was this actually in response to?

Shaid
05-09-2009, 11:43 PM
FYP.

Rep.

Bwana
05-10-2009, 05:43 AM

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/05/10/news/local/18-outdoor.txt