PDA

View Full Version : Gosselin Mock Draft 4/10/09

Tribal Warfare
04-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Rick Gosselin's 1st Mock Draft (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/041109dnspomockdraft.24fa77e.html)

Tribal Warfare
04-11-2009, 02:35 AM
KC selects the 2009 NFL Draft's Football Jesus

RustShack
04-11-2009, 02:58 AM
No Everette Brown in the first round?

Mile High Mania
04-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Bullet to the head if Denver takes a QB in R1.. I honestly don't see it happening, I just don't think that's the way they will go spending a high pick on a QB.

Coogs
04-11-2009, 06:48 AM
KC selects the 2009 NFL Draft's Football Jesus

Looks like he has him playing OLB. And I would assume he has heard some talk of us going to the 3-4. :shrug:

BigRock
04-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Bullet to the head if Denver takes a QB in R1.

If the QB is Freeman, I'd rig up a firing mechanism so bullets would keep on shooting into my head indefinitely.

If I was a Broncos fan, I mean. My own reaction would be much different, though similar in the sense that I'd also have a bodily fluid bursting out of me repeatedly.

milkman
04-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Looks like he has him playing OLB. And I would assume he has heard some talk of us going to the 3-4. :shrug:

Haley is pretty non committal about the scheme we'll be playing.

He says we'll play the scheme that best fits our personnel, so one would think that would be a 43 until the Chiefs find better pieces for a 34.

The Bad Guy
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
But, but I read on here that Evrette Brown is worth the 3rd overall pick.

wild1
04-11-2009, 09:25 AM
thats about a full round too high for Freeman

bdeg
04-11-2009, 09:32 AM
But, but I read on here that Evrette Brown is worth the 3rd overall pick.
Some professionals at one point believed he was worth the 1st. In that mock database there are seven who think he's the guy. And I clearly wasn't that committed, it was early in the process.

StcChief
04-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Gosselin is one of the better Mock guys. Curry is fine with me.

Coogs
04-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Gosselin is one of the better Mock guys. Curry is fine with me.

IIRC, he does two mock drafts. This one, and one a day or two before the draft. the 2nd one he does is usually one of the better indicators of what is actually going to happen on draft day.

Mr. Krab
04-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Gosselin is a true fan idiot, you never take a linebacker in the top 10.

Brock
04-11-2009, 10:21 AM
His draft 2 weeks from now will look completely different.

OnTheWarpath58
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
The NFL's 31st-ranked defense needs a playmaker

If by playmaker, Goose means "guy who will tackle a RB after a 4 yard gain," then by all means, Curry is a playmaker.

milkman
04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
IIRC, he does two mock drafts. This one, and one a day or two before the draft. the 2nd one he does is usually one of the better indicators of what is actually going to happen on draft day.

One only needs to read.

Here's the first of three mock draft offerings from The Dallas Morning News this month. The second will come next Sunday, and the final mock on the actual day of the draft. The first mock is based on my draft board of the top 32 players, the second focuses more on team need and the third is how I see the draft playing out.

Coogs
04-11-2009, 10:32 AM
One only needs to read.

:D

I have heard reading could be a good thing. I guess I'll have to try it sometime. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Gosselin also had Tank Tyler as a mid first-rounder a few weeks before the 2007 draft.

Mecca
04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
This mock is based on his personal opinion of the players...remember that, it goes right in line with the Tank Tyler stuff and so forth...

He's like Mayock in this regard his final mock where he actually uses his sources to try to get the picks right will look good but his personal evaluations of the players is pretty mind numbing.

doomy3
04-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Gosselin also had Tank Tyler as a mid first-rounder a few weeks before the 2007 draft.

So did OTWP, Hamas, and most this board.

In fact, he was one of the guys many on this board HOPED we would draft with our pick.

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM

In fact, he was one of the guys many on this board HOPED we would draft with our pick.

Huh?

I don't recall a single person advocating that the Chiefs draft Tank Tyler with the number 23 pick in 2007.

I'd like to see some proof of that claim.

doomy3
04-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Huh?

I don't recall a single person advocating that the Chiefs draft Tank Tyler with the number 23 pick in 2007.

I'd like to see some proof of that claim.

Here you go then...

This is from a thread titled, "Identify your dream player in the first round of the 2007 NFL draft!"

I'll keep it realistic.

Amobi Okoye or Tank Tyler.

I'd prefer a LT if there's one available, but I doubt it.

Realistically: Levi Brown.

I'd be fine with Ginn, Okoye, Tyler, maybe Pittcock.

I'm also going to pay close attention to Doug Free of NIU in round 2. It would be nice to draft bookend tackles who could be here for a f'ing decade.

This is from another thread:

Jarrett or Tyler would be great(in that order).

At the end of the day, I think it might be more likely that Tyler will go before Jarrett now...

Also, there was some HEAVY pimping for Jarrett that year. It's funny to see guys like Mecca saying WR's don't need to run 4.3s to be good NFL receivers when it's Jarrett, but yet Crabtree is going to suck.

I find it funny that people that work in the NFL think you need to run 4.3's to be able to play WR in the NFL.

All Jarrett and Rice have ever done is produce now they magically suck because of a few tenths of a second.....um ok.

I just don't understand it, he's a big WR he is not going to blaze out there that's just not how it is. But of course god forbid you don't run a 4.3 as a WR it means you automatically suck.

These are the same people that would tell you Ginn is a great prospect and Jarrett is marginal due to speed and nothing else.

By the way coming from someone who watched USC play anyone who thinks Smith is a better prospect than Jarrett is high on crack.

Also the Sidney Rice thing is ****ing hilarious.........he'll have to rely on his hands his best asset wow, that must suck huh :rolleyes: I thought that was what it was all about?

That sounds like a bunch of scouts that got mad he didn't run for them and decided to screw him over by saying he sucks because they were personally mad at him for not running.........great scouting guys.

If the Chiefs take Jarrett the last thing you'll hear is it was a reach........

I think Jarrett still has room to grow but is the most polished of the recievers. He's been a starter on one of the best teams in college football since his true freshman season. He always stepped up and played big in big games.

Dwayne Jarrett from what I know of him isn't anything like Mike Williams. Jarrett looks like he wants to be the best player on the field every time out.

You don't have to burn to be a productive player in this league, Keyshawn Johnson for example.

FWIW, the majority seemed to want us to take Amobi Okoye, Ted Ginn, Jr., Dwayne Jarrett, Patrick Willis (although everyone knew there was no chance he would fall to us), Levi Brown, or Robert Meachum

bdeg
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I was a big draft noob at that point, still probably am. thanks doomy :)

googlegoogle
04-12-2009, 01:03 AM
he's wrong. Pioli breaks the rules.

Al Bundy
04-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Shoot if Michael Oher is available...... Beanie Wells will be awful in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2009, 09:22 AM

Hmmmm.

Dane's post says " a few weeks before the draft."

Doomy's so-called "evidence" is from the SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY.

Because, you know, nothing changes over 3 months.

orange
04-12-2009, 09:42 AM
04-13-2007

Exactly. See post 59.

You may have misunderstood the sarchasm in my post. Hali was supposedly a reach, but turned out to be a phenomenal pick.

I'm saying Harrell or Tyler could be as well, even though people think they are a reach at 23.

Post 59:

No kidding. This place was at DefCon 4 when he was taken last year.

That's why taking these so called "draft experts" word as gospel is wrong, IMO. Taking a guy a round or two early....that's a reach. Taking a guy 10 picks early.....not so much. Plus, I trust scouting departments over hacks getting paid by ESPN.

The word "reach" is used way too often on this board.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2009, 09:45 AM
04-13-2007

Post 59:

Feel free to post the link to the thread so we can all read the context surrounding that post.

And regardless, I could care less what people think. Tyler IS a 1st round talent. He dropped to the 3rd because of off-the-field issues.

orange
04-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Feel free to post the link to the thread so we can all read the context surrounding that post.

And regardless, I could care less what people think. Tyler IS a 1st round talent. He dropped to the 3rd because of off-the-field issues.

No problem: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3902280&highlight=tyler#post3902280

There's also this on 04-06-2007: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3886677&highlight=tyler#post3886677

As much as everyone would hate it, if Olsen was still there at 23, don't think for a second Carl wouldn't pull the trigger.

I'd replace him with Rice on your list, and add Darrelle Revis, Chris Houston and possibly Carriker or Timmons.

I have a feeling we'll be very surprised with the pick come draft day.....

And re: Tank Tyler, many, many people were talking about him before his workout. Just not here.

yeah, before the season then he got totally owned at the Senior Bowl. The man wasn't getting any push at all I saw it myself.

And this from just after the draft: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3938875&highlight=tyler#post3938875

WORST PICKS [3rd round]

Tank Tyler, defensive tackle, Chiefs: The Chiefs have an awful track record with defensive tackles. They've spent high picks on recent years on Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, and Junior Savaii, none of whom really produced. Part of the problem is that Carl Peterson and his coaches are too enamored with Combine heroes. Savaii was a bench press hero, and so is Tyler, who benched 225 pounds 42 times at the Combine. Tyler dogged a bit at NC State, but Herm Edwards believes he can reach him, just as Dick Vermeil always believed he could motivate any even the biggest slug. Tyler isn't a major reach in the third round, but he won't solve any problems in Kansas City.

Sounds like this guy has a personal thing with the Chiefs.

I'd bet that most "experts" end up calling the Tyler pick a great value.

Where this guy gets off calling Tyler a slug is beyond me. Apparently he hasn't watched him play.

Just because we missed at DT in the DV era doesn't mean we'll miss in the Herm Edwards era.

You were clearly firmly planted on the Tank Tyler bandwagon.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
No problem: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3902280&highlight=tyler#post3902280

There's also this on 04-06-2007: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3886677&highlight=tyler#post3886677

And this from just after the draft: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3938875&highlight=tyler#post3938875

You were clearly firmly planted on the Tank Tyler bandwagon.

Still am.

Like I said, the guy is a 1st round talent. He dropped due to off the field issues. There are several people in that thread that agree with me, and think that write was way off base.

Anything else?

bdeg
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
"Worst picks:" "Tyler isn't a major reach in the third round"

That's funny. Way to support your argument that he was one of the worst picks.(the writer, not orange)
Really though, sometimes it's hard for us to know how the NFL downgrades a player for certain things such as questionable work ethic or a charge.

I also promise you that at one point NFLDC had Tyler going in the first round of their mock.

orange
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Still am.

Like I said, the guy is a 1st round talent. He dropped due to off the field issues. There are several people in that thread that agree with me, and think that write was way off base.

Anything else?

Not at all. It's no big deal - just that doomy3 got it right.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Not at all. It's no big deal - just that doomy3 got it right.

No, he didn't.

He takes quotes from others from January, people who didn't still feel the same way come April.

Mecca is an example. There's a post from Mecca in the thread you posted that says something to the effect of "I'll throw shit at my TV is we take Tyler in the 1st."

orange
04-12-2009, 10:19 AM
No, he didn't.

He takes quotes from others from January, people who didn't still feel the same way come April.

Mecca is an example. There's a post from Mecca in the thread you posted that says something to the effect of "I'll throw shit at my TV is we take Tyler in the 1st."

?????

Two weeks before the draft you likened Tyler to a 10-pick reach at 23, and moments ago you said this "Tyler IS a 1st round talent."

What are you disagreeing with?

JASONSAUTO
04-12-2009, 10:24 AM
i'm still high on tyler. i think he IS a 1st round talent and began to come into his own the latter part of last year

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
?????

Two weeks before the draft you likened Tyler to a 10-pick reach at 23, and moments ago you said this "Tyler IS a 1st round talent."

What are you disagreeing with?

This has nothing to do with me. My views haven't changed.

The views of the other people he quoted from that thread in JANUARY did change their views leading up to the draft - which was the timeframe Dane was discussing before doomy decided to post quotes from people from January.

Therefore, doomy didn't get it right.

orange
04-12-2009, 10:28 AM

The views of the other people he quoted from that thread in JANUARY did change their views leading up to the draft - which was the timeframe Dane was discussing before doomy decided to post quotes from people from January.

Okay, I get it....

orange
04-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Except that doomy3 didn't say that mecca liked Tyler. He said that mecca liked Jarrett. Not a good example.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Except that doomy3 didn't say that mecca liked Tyler. He said that mecca liked Jarrett. Not a good example.

So what are YOU disagreeing with?

:D

Do you get it, or not?

Either way, I've made my point.

Happy Easter Sunday.

orange
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
And a Happy Easter to you, too.

http://www.catholiccommunications.ie/easter2007/easter2007.jpg

htismaqe
04-12-2009, 10:55 AM

His draft 2 weeks from now will look completely different.

Yep. The mock to watch is the one he puts out fright before the draft. It's based on information he's gotten from his sources, so it reflects what he thinks the teams might actually do. And he's been about 87% accurate historically.

doomy3
04-12-2009, 11:52 AM

:spock:

I don't think I mentioned Mecca liking Tyler. I mentioned you and Hamas. I just ran a quick search and found those quotes since Dane was questioning that for some reason.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Here you go then...

This is from a thread titled, "Identify your dream player in the first round of the 2007 NFL draft!"

I don't think it's fair to quote people on January 10th.

It would be different if those guys said that Mid-April but January?

Talk about a reach.

doomy3
04-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't think it's fair to quote people on January 10th.

It would be different if those guys said that Mid-April but January?

Talk about a reach.

That was just the first thread I read when I ran a quick search. Feel free to read further in this very thread where Orange quoted other threads from April that year.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM
That's funny. Way to support your argument that he was one of the worst picks.(the writer, not orange)
Really though, sometimes it's hard for us to know how the NFL downgrades a player for certain things such as questionable work ethic or a charge.

I also promise you that at one point NFLDC had Tyler going in the first round of their mock.

So obviously, you've proven my point.

None of these "mocksperts" know anything.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2009, 11:44 PM
That was just the first thread I read when I ran a quick search. Feel free to read further in this very thread where Orange quoted other threads from April that year.

I read a few but in no way did those people come out and say "I want Tank Tyler at #23".

But regardless, again, it proves my point the information given to the public and the "mocksperts".

None of us truly know how any team ranks these prospects until after the draft.

beavis
04-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Won't really matter who we take if Denver ends with Freeman. That's like a home run for everyone else in the division.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I do love the fact that doomy is on record as saying he doesn't care to give a shit about what I post, and less than a week later he's hunting down posts from 2+ years ago. ROFL.