PDA

View Full Version : Royals Rivals Restaurant

Sully
04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I've searched all over google, but can't quite figure out what the deal is with this place.

You have tickets to the game, and you can get in. Can you stay there for the game? Can you sit on the patio for the game? Is it extra? Is the patio part of the Bid Light Party Deck?

Anyone know what the deal is with the place?

doomy3
04-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I asked my friend who is the VP of marketing for the Royals, and this is what I was told:

To get a table at Rivals, you have to pay $260. BUT, then you get $160 of food and drinks with that, so you are really paying $100 for the table, so if 4 people sit there, it's basically a $25/person ticket.

I don't know if this is the case for all games, or only busy/sold out games

doomy3
04-11-2009, 09:04 PM
And as for the Bud Light party deck, basically there are 2 different things.

1) you can rent out the deck. He couldn't remember the exact pricing when I was talking to him, but it's somewhere between $3-4000. So, if you have 100 people rent it, it would be like $30-40/person.

2) there are going to be a lot of games when it isn't reserved. In those games, if there are openings, you can go up there and have some drinks, or watch from there or whatever.

Farzin
04-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I went there today but never got a chance to see all the new additions. I noticed the Rivals restaurant. Looks like a cool place on the outside. I heard many great things about it on the inside.

The entire stadium is just awesome. Lotta credit to those workers!

Nzoner
04-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I asked my friend who is the VP of marketing for the Royals, and this is what I was told:

To get a table at Rivals, you have to pay $260. BUT, then you get $160 of food and drinks with that, so you are really paying $100 for the table, so if 4 people sit there, it's basically a $25/person ticket.

My math says that's basically $65 person

doomy3
04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
My math says that's basically $65 person

Well, you're getting $160 of food and drinks. So, it's $260 to rent the table, you get $160 of food and drinks so that leaves a difference of $100 for the table. With four people, that would be $25/person.

Nzoner
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Well, you're getting $160 of food and drinks. So, it's $260 to rent the table, you get $160 of food and drinks so that leaves a difference of $100 for the table. With four people, that would be $25/person.

Not saying I wouldn't do it sometime but anyway you look at it it's $65 person when all said and done and I gurandamntee you although I haven't been there that $160 in food and drink will go a helluva lot further at my local watering hole.

doomy3
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Not saying I wouldn't do it sometime but anyway you look at it it's $65 person when all said and done and I gurandamntee you although I haven't been there that $160 in food and drink will go a helluva lot further at my local watering hole.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. The prices are the same as the food and drinks at the game, so prices are definitely high. Point is, if you are going to a game anyway, you are probably spending quite a bit on beer and food anyway, so it's not that bad of a deal if that's your thing.

Deberg_1990
04-11-2009, 09:22 PM

So is there a limit on how many people can be in a party?

Can you bring 10 people and bring the cost down apiece if you so desire? Obviously each person would get less in food that way.

Nzoner
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh yeah, no doubt about that. The prices are the same as the food and drinks at the game, so prices are definitely high. Point is, if you are going to a game anyway, you are probably spending quite a bit on beer and food anyway, so it's not that bad of a deal if that's your thing.

Agreed,if I'm taking clients or something it'd be a great idea,however,I normally take in my own peanuts and snacks at royals games and just buy their beer.

doomy3
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
So is there a limit on how many people can be in a party?

Can you bring 10 people and bring the cost down apiece if you so desire? Obviously each person would get less in food that way.

I'm really not sure of all the details, or how big the tables are or any of that. He used the example of 4, that's why I gave that example.

For the Bud Light Party Deck though, the more the better when it comes to the pricing if you rent it. Obviously, there is some sort of cap, but it would be a lot of people

Pioli Zombie
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM

$260? Does a blow job come with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll say this...while I like the additions of the seats and the widening of the concourse, the new concessions and prices and such SUCK ASS!

No Brats!!! WTF?
No Italian Sausages!!! WTF?
No Footlongs!!! WT MF'n F?

You get cold hamburgers for $6.50, the large drinks are 1/2 the size they used to be, hot dogs are still $4.50 but not worth it.

I am telling you now that overall, it is down right bull fucking shit that we have this shitty of a team when they have jacked prices, taken away convenience and ruined the food.

OVerall I give this all a c+. I would much rather have the old, broken-down K with my bratsa nd footlongs and spend the money on some players like Hudson and Furcal.

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-11-2009, 10:14 PM
One of the times they came back from a commercial I saw a giant grill covered with either brats or italian sausage. You must not have been looking in the right place.

petegz28
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
One of the times they came back from a commercial I saw a giant grill covered with either brats or italian sausage. You must not have been looking in the right place.

PErhaps not. I walked the place yesterday and did not see them. I used to have a Boulevard concession stand right at the tops of my seats for the footlongs, brats and sausages. I will have to re-scout. Thanks for the info.

acesn8s
04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll say this...while I like the additions of the seats and the widening of the concourse, the new concessions and prices and such SUCK ASS!

No Brats!!! WTF?
No Italian Sausages!!! WTF?
No Footlongs!!! WT MF'n F?

You get cold hamburgers for $6.50, the large drinks are 1/2 the size they used to be, hot dogs are still $4.50 but not worth it.

I am telling you now that overall, it is down right bull fucking shit that we have this shitty of a team when they have jacked prices, taken away convenience and ruined the food.

OVerall I give this all a c+. I would much rather have the old, broken-down K with my bratsa nd footlongs and spend the money on some players like Hudson and Furcal.Concession stand I went to tonite had footlongs.

And a big ass line waiting for the cooks to cook up the food.

petegz28
04-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Concession stand I went to tonite had footlongs.

And a big ass line waiting for the cooks to cook up the food.

Where was this? I would much rather spend the extra $ on a footlong than $4.50 for a weiner.

acesn8s
04-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Where was this? I would much rather spend the extra $ on a footlong than $4.50 for a weiner.1st base side behind sec 243

petegz28
04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
1st base side behind sec 243

right on. Not too far from me. My seats are in 230.

Dayze
04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
it's basically $25/person to see the Royals get smoked. :evil::D

KChiefs1
04-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Just go to Subway down the road from the TSC & get a bunch of $5 foot long subs & tuck them away in your underwear.

Nzoner
04-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Just go to Subway down the road from the TSC & get a bunch of $5 foot long subs & tuck them away in your underwear.

Unless they've changed there's no need to hide it,you've always been allowed to carry food into the stadium,just no cans or bottles.

KCUnited
04-12-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't do concessions at the game, but where I was sitting last night, I saw all kinds of brats and footlongs. There was a guy in front of me that left for beers, came back a bit later empty handed saying the lines were too long. Once the Yankee fans leave after today it will go back to being our own personized K for the 15,000 Royals fans that show up for the games.

Sully
04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
So, is it all just walk-up? I don't see where tickets can be bought.

thurman merman
04-12-2009, 05:20 PM
anyone know what the deal is with the pepsi party porch? that's where i want to sit.

KcMizzou
04-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Just go to Subway down the road from the TSC & get a bunch of $5 foot long subs & tuck them away in your underwear.Plus, the ladies love it. Just be sure to hide that footlong in the front.

Sully
04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
anyone know what the deal is with the pepsi party porch? that's where i want to sit.

On the royals website it says min100 people at $75 per person.

kcfanXIII
04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
no the pepsi party porch, in center field, is standing room only, open to anyone with any ticket. think what sully is talking about is the budlight party deck. not to be confused with the miller light fountain bar.

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
no the pepsi party porch, in center field, is standing room only, open to anyone with any ticket. think what sully is talking about is the budlight party deck. not to be confused with the miller light fountain bar.
Good grief, is there any part of the stadium that doesn't have a sponsor?

Nzoner
04-12-2009, 07:44 PM

No,but look on the bright side if you ever need to meet someone you can tell them you'll be outside the men's Trojan restroom which is right next to the Always ladies restroom

kcfanXIII
04-12-2009, 07:47 PM

actually thats it for corporate sponsors inside the stadium i think. there is a shitload of sprint advertising with the between inning video "entertainment." but i really don't think its any worse than before.

Gracie Dean
04-12-2009, 08:19 PM

I think it would be totally cool to see the game from there

StcChief
04-12-2009, 08:23 PM
real question are you stuck with Budlight.... with BLVD in town, would be nice to see it....

Cards have local STL... Schlafly Pale Ale around new Busch.

Nzoner
04-12-2009, 08:25 PM
real question are you stuck with Budlight.... with BLVD in town, would be nice to see it....

Cards have local STL... Schlafly Pale Ale around new Busch.

You can bet your ass if it's named after them they have the rights and all you're getting served is Bud products.Guess I won't be enjoying a game from that spot.

thurman merman
04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
no the pepsi party porch, in center field, is standing room only, open to anyone with any ticket.

have you sat there, or how did you get this information? i'd really like to hang out there next time i go to a game.