PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kendrell Bell

RustShack
04-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm watching the Steelers play the Titans and they just said Bell is their best LB in so many ways, BRING HIM BACK!!!

Mecca
04-11-2009, 11:57 PM
See Kendrell Bell example of a guy who can play inside in a 3-4, but not outside.

KS Smitty
04-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it has been mentioned more than once how many of the D players we let go are now thriving with real coaches. Hopefully we'll now be on that side of the fence.

chiefzilla1501
04-12-2009, 12:09 AM
See Kendrell Bell example of a guy who can play inside in a 3-4, but not outside.

I don't know that I'd say that. I think Curry will do well as both an OLB in a 4-3 and as an ILB in a 3-4. The issue is that playing ILB is a tremendous under-use of his talents.

If there's anything that Bell proves, it's that role players do very well in 3-4's, but they struggle when they're asked to be more versatile 4-3 LBs. In Pitt, Bell was asked to do only one thing--bullheadedly take out blockers like a bowling ball and either attack the passer or RB. He didn't need instincts. He didn't need football intelligence. He just needed to plow into blockers. When he was asked to use his football intelligence, he struggled. Remember that in the preseason, the Chiefs were afraid to put him in preseason games because he was struggling to learn the defense.

Curry's strength is versatility. Why get a versatile ILB when role-players that can be had much later in the draft? He's worth a top 5 pick if you're trying to get his versatility. If you're putting him into a role-playing ILB role, you're reaching big time.