PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2-3 More.

Micjones
04-12-2009, 06:41 AM
The Chiefs have made some interesting FA acquisitions.

I think we should close up the second wave of Free Agency with 2-3 more signings.

Here's who I'd sign:
1. Marques Harris (OLB),
He's 27, has 3-4 experience, has been a starter in the NFL, and is one of the best reserve LB's in the league. Could also give us an option as a spot starter if we don't identify another answer at that position in the Draft.

2. Mark Tauscher (RT),
If he's fully-recovered...can be a valuable stop-gap at RT for a year or two until your newly drafted RT can take his place. Would be an immediate upgrade and provide some stability on an Offensive Line that proved one of the biggest weak links on this team last year.

3. Dre Bly/Ken Lucas (CB),
Either of them would prove to be valuable leaders in a young Secondary where we have three extremely talented, but inexperienced Cornerbacks. Can also help in Nickel and Dime packages and give you some insurance.

I think these additions would come fairly cheaply and make our plan of attack in the Draft MUCH simpler.

...discuss

Count Zarth
04-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Bly's next career move is to become the next Patrick Surtain. I can see him running a 4.8 40-yard dash for us in a couple of years.

Micjones
04-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Bly's next career move is to become the next Patrick Surtain. I can see him running a 4.8 40-yard dash for us in a couple of years.

Might well be, but I wouldn't depend on him to be anything more than a leader, a mentor, and a Dimeback defensively.

CupidStunt
04-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Lucas maybe, but not until after the draft unfolds.

Micjones
04-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Lucas maybe, but not until after the draft unfolds.

Any particular reason why?

You don't think we'll draft a Corner do you?

EyePod
04-12-2009, 07:25 AM

Why do you say that? He was used and abused as the #2 corner. Then Champ went down and he was a lock down corner at #1. I think it just sucks to be a #2 corner in this league.

SNR
04-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Tauscher's going to be expensive, but I'd love to see him here.

Micjones
04-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Tauscher's going to be expensive, but I'd love to see him here.

Really? At his age and after coming off what I believe was a late season injury?

SNR
04-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Really? At his age and after coming off what I believe was a late season injury?He's not THAT old, is he? Like 31 or something?

Micjones
04-12-2009, 07:34 AM
He's not THAT old, is he? Like 31 or something?

He'll be 32 in a couple months.