PDA

View Full Version : Football Which team will win in this scenario?

Rain Man
04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Assume that you've got three teams, as follows. Which will be the best team when competing in the NFL?

Team A has....

The best QB, FB, WR2, LT, C, RG, P, LDT, RDE, MLB, ROLB, and LCB in the league.

The worst HB, WR1, TE, LG, RT, K, LDE, RDT, LOLB, RCB, SS, and FS in the league.

Team B has....

The fourth-best QB, FB, WR2, LT, C, RG, P, LDT, RDE, MLB, ROLB, and LCB in the league.

The 20th-rated HB, WR1, TE, LG, RT, K, LDE, RDT, LOLB, RCB, SS, and FS in the league.

Team C has....

The 10th-best player at every position.

Mecca
04-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Um the first team has the best players in the league at the 3 most important positions, the odds of beating that team are not good.

Infidel Goat
04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I'll take Team C as long as the coaches are equally smart.

Rain Man
04-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Um the first team has the best players in the league at the 3 most important positions, the odds of beating that team are not good.

I'm torn. Yeah, Team 1 looks strong, but good opponents will be able to game-plan against their weakest players and put more resources against their top players. (This assumes Herm Edwards isn't coaching against them, of course.)

Team C has no weaknesses and is above average everywhere, but not spectacular anywhere.

After pondering it, I went with Team B. I think they can better shield their weaknesses, but still have some really good players to attack with.

Mecca
04-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Team C is the 90s Chiefs.

The top team would basically use their best players to mask the rest of the team. If you have a top flight QB and can protect him you'll move the ball. Plus you gave them enough defense to defend at a top flight level.

JASONSAUTO
04-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Team C is the 90s Chiefs.

the 90's chiefs had the 10th best at every position???? damn mecca just when i thought you could say nothing worse. dt was the 10 best lb??? neil smith 10th??? dale carter, hasty.....

Direckshun
04-12-2009, 04:23 PM
You just gave us an offense in Team A that has the league's best QB with very good protection, and a defense on the same team with an above average front seven.

Pioli Zombie
04-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Team C. That has been the philosophy of New England Patriots. They try to have the best 53 man team in the league, not to have 10 All-Pros and little else. And before someone says its all Brady, the Patriots won a SB in 2001 when Brady was considered a mediocre qb by most.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
04-12-2009, 04:29 PM
You just gave us an offense in Team A that has the league's best QB with very good protection, and a defense on the same team with an above average front seven.

Yeah, but they've got only one weapon for the QB for the most part, and the worst defensive backfield in the league. And two of their d-linemen get blown off the ball every play.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Why would team A play the worst player in the league? If he's the worst player in the league at his position, his backup would be better than him.

Rain Man
04-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Why would team A play the worst player in the league? If he's the worst player in the league at his position, his backup would be better than him.

Team A had a jersey number mixup in training camp.

JASONSAUTO
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM

ROFL he might have meant the worst starter???:D

Mecca
04-12-2009, 04:46 PM
the 90's chiefs had the 10th best at every position???? damn mecca just when i thought you could say nothing worse. dt was the 10 best lb??? neil smith 10th??? dale carter, hasty.....

It's a generalization...Marty always use to boast how the Chiefs were good 1-53 and all that crap.

JASONSAUTO
04-12-2009, 04:49 PM
It's a generalization...Marty always use to boast how the Chiefs were good 1-53 and all that crap.

they were pretty good 1-53, but we did have some GREAT players, you know this

bdeg
04-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd be surprised if the worst #1wr and the best #2 wr were on the same team. Think about it.

Also keep in mind that often the gap between the very top guys is more than an average incremental system would show. Wheras there probably isn't a huge difference between the worst and 5th worst player at a position. So give me team A.

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
A

chiefs1111
04-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Nah,the first team can't go anywhere because they have the worst TE in the league and not Tony G./True Fans of Chiefs Planet.

T-post Tom
04-13-2009, 12:04 AM
This thread made my head hurt.

Pablo
04-13-2009, 12:08 AM
ROFL he might have meant the worst starter???:DThat's really what I assumed he meant..the worst starting player at that position...like say a McIntosh or Jordan Black.

CrazyPhuD
04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
The problem is team A has zero defense.

Yes they have a good front 7(potentally), but they are going to get raped in the secondary. Any QB with a quick release is going to punish the RCB,SS, FS.

Additionally team A has no ability to eat the clock(no TE, no HB, unless WR2 is a TE wannabe possession WR).

No D + no ability to eat the clock = periodic fun scoring fest but ultimately fail in the playoffs. Seems more like DV chiefs without the RB and TG.

Pioli Zombie
04-13-2009, 05:16 AM
The problem is team A has zero defense.

Yes they have a good front 7(potentally), but they are going to get raped in the secondary. Any QB with a quick release is going to punish the RCB,SS, FS.

Additionally team A has no ability to eat the clock(no TE, no HB, unless WR2 is a TE wannabe possession WR).

No D + no ability to eat the clock = periodic fun scoring fest but ultimately fail in the playoffs. Seems more like DV chiefs without the RB and TG.
Yup
Football is the ultimate team sport. You don't win if half your team isn't doing their job. You need depth because there will be injuries.
Posted via Mobile Device