PDA

View Full Version : Royals Monday's Game Royals VS Cleveland..Indians team report

Gracie Dean
04-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Team Report
Yahoo! Sports
Apr 11, 4:55 am EDT

Inside Pitch

The Indians have been waiting for designated hitter Travis Hafner to show something close to the kind of power he displayed a few years ago when he was one of the most feared sluggers in the American League. Friday, Hafner did exactly that.

In the first inning of the Indiansí 13-7 loss to Toronto, Hafner hit a double off the top of the right-field fence. In Hafnerís second at-bat, in the third inning, he hit a home run over the right-field fence.

Hafner also homered in his last at-bat Thursday, in Clevelandís loss to Texas. So in those three at-bats Hafner came close to hitting home runs in three consecutive at bats.

Hafner hit only five home runs in his injury-hampered 2008 season. Weakness in his right shoulder resulted in offseason surgery to clean out the shoulder joint.

Hafner didnít show much power at all in spring training, and he struggled in the Indiansí first two games of the regular season. However, Hafnerís two home runs in the last two games give Indians officials hope he is making progress in returning to pre-injury form.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlqS_OjBxwGJhSMVgvq5UwgX0bYF?slug=teamreports-2009-mlb-cle&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

Night game.

Can't wait to see the K at night

thurman merman
04-13-2009, 12:21 PM
is it too early to break out the brooms?

oh wait, ponson is pitching the 3rd game. maybe i should wait.

BigMeatballDave
04-13-2009, 12:33 PM

oh wait, ponson is pitching the 3rd game. maybe i should wait.Actually, his 1st start wasn't that bad. No worse than Meche yesterday.

petegz28
04-13-2009, 12:47 PM

oh wait, ponson is pitching the 3rd game. maybe i should wait.

If we lose tonight, it's your fault.

thurman merman
04-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Actually, his 1st start wasn't that bad. No worse than Meche yesterday.

meche: 7 IP, 4 R, 6 H, 2 BB, 6 K
ponson 6 IP, 4 R, 6 H, 3 BB, 5 K

meche was better yesterday. and he always has been better. and he always will be better. i'm not sure why we are talking about this.