PDA

View Full Version : KU Aldrich and Collins to announce tonight?

DJay23
04-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Relatives say yes, and the news could be good!...

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/13/relatives-hint-aldrich-collins-will-return/

Monday, April 13, 2009

Relatives hint Aldrich, Collins will return
By Gary Bedore

Photo by Nick Krug

Kansas center Cole Aldrich puts his arm around guard Sherron Collins as the two make their way from the floor late in the second half against Iowa State Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2009 at Allen Fieldhouse.

Tonight could be a huge night for Kansas University’s men’s basketball program.

Relatives of Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins on Sunday night strongly hinted to the Journal-World that the two standouts will make statements about their future at the sold-out postseason KU hoops awards banquet, set for a 7 p.m. start at the Holidome.

Advertisement

Collins’ uncle, Walt Harris, and Aldrich’s dad, Walter Aldrich, strongly hinted that the two Jayhawks will reveal that they’ll be returning to KU instead of entering the 2009 NBA Draft.

“(The year) 2008 could be 2010. That’s all you are going to get out of me,” Collins’ uncle said Sunday night.

Uncle Walt admitted that was his way of saying the Jayhawks after tonight could be fully equipped to make a run for the 2010 national crown, as they did in ’08.

“Are you smiling now?” Walt Harris added with a laugh, offering another hint.

He indicated Collins’ mother, brother and aunt would be at the Holidome tonight for what could be a special occasion.

Meanwhile, Aldrich’s dad, Walter, responded, “I would say, yes,” asked if he believed Cole would reveal his future plans to the banquet crowd.

And what would Cole’s decision be?

“I know what it is. I think you know what it is,” Walter Aldrich said good-naturedly.

The Journal-World and St. Paul Pioneer Press both recently quoted Walter Aldrich as saying Cole “probably” would be back for his junior campaign.

Walter Aldrich and his wife won’t attend the banquet.

“We can’t make it,” he said. “Hopefully they’ll videotape it and we can watch it later.”

Draftexpress.com has indicated for some time that Collins and Aldrich would be returning to KU. ESPN.com and other sites also have heard no buzz about the two seriously considering entering the draft. Draftexpress.com lists Aldrich the fourth overall pick and Collins No. 22 overall in the 2010 Draft. It’s believed Aldrich would be a first-rounder, Collins a second-rounder if they entered the 2009 Draft.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
They both probably will stick around another year. KU should be really damn good next year

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
This could be one of the greatest nights of my Jayhawk fandom. I'm all atwitter.

Reaper16
04-13-2009, 09:17 AM
They both probably will stick around another year. KU should be really damn good next year
And with them being the likely beneficiaries of Calipari raping Memphis of its players... adding Xavier Henry to that Jayhawks squad seems unfair. They're going to be tremendous.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-13-2009, 09:18 AM
And with them being the likely beneficiaries of Calipari raping Memphis of its players... adding Xavier Henry to that Jayhawks squad seems unfair. They're going to be tremendous.

Don't go getting my hopes up dammit. I'm convincing myself X is going to Kentucky.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 09:18 AM

Could probably get to the final four if not win the title

ChiTown
04-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Could probably get to the final four if not win the title

If Aldrich and Collins stay, and they get X, ku will be unanimous preseason #1 - no doubt.

DeezNutz
04-13-2009, 09:24 AM
KU is going to be sick next year.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Don't go getting my hopes up dammit. I'm convincing myself X is going to Kentucky.

So CJ has been cleared to leave Memphis and play at Kentucky?

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 09:40 AM
I just got a boner.

Lzen
04-13-2009, 09:49 AM
This would be awesome. Getting both of those guys to stay (if that is in fact what happens tonight) would open up the possibility for X or Lance. Get the ball rolling, so to speak. Man, this is an exciting time for Jayhawk fans.

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Great news. Now Xavier or Lance come on down.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 10:09 AM
"Don't act like you're not impressed"

Mr. Krab
04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
The fact that they haven't already announced that they are going to not hire an agent but still "explore" the NBA development camps says alot.

Lzen
04-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Sunday, April 12, 2009 (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/12/)
KU recruit scores 11

By J-W Staff Reports

Louisville, Ky. — Future Kansas University basketball guard Elijah Johnson scored 11 points off 5-of-6 shooting in the Black Team’s 151-145 loss to the Gold Squad in Saturday’s Derby Festival Classic at Freedom Hall.
Johnson, a 6-2 point guard from Las Vegas’ Cheyenne High, had eight assists against two turnovers in 19 minutes.
After the game, Johnson told kentuckysportsradio.com that he speaks often with Xavier Henry, who has asked out of a letter-of-intent with Memphis and now is also considering KU and Kentucky.
Johnson said Henry, a 6-6 guard from Oklahoma City, was “struggling between Kansas and Kentucky right now.” Johnson said that he thought there was a “65 percent chance he would go to Kansas and 45 percent chance he would attend UK.” The Website noted Henry “may not be the best at percentages, but his instinct that Kansas is a slight favorite may be true.”
Johnson waved a KU shirt to the fans during introductions, drawing boos from a majority of the 13,111 fans. A clip of Johnson’s spectacular dunk to conclude the scoring is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDdFg63fL4
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDdFg63fL4)

Excuse his math skills. ROFL

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Sunday, April 12, 2009 (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/12/)
KU recruit scores 11

By J-W Staff Reports

Louisville, Ky. — Future Kansas University basketball guard Elijah Johnson scored 11 points off 5-of-6 shooting in the Black Team’s 151-145 loss to the Gold Squad in Saturday’s Derby Festival Classic at Freedom Hall.
Johnson, a 6-2 point guard from Las Vegas’ Cheyenne High, had eight assists against two turnovers in 19 minutes.
After the game, Johnson told kentuckysportsradio.com that he speaks often with Xavier Henry, who has asked out of a letter-of-intent with Memphis and now is also considering KU and Kentucky.
Johnson said Henry, a 6-6 guard from Oklahoma City, was “struggling between Kansas and Kentucky right now.” Johnson said that he thought there was a “65 percent chance he would go to Kansas and 45 percent chance he would attend UK.” The Website noted Henry “may not be the best at percentages, but his instinct that Kansas is a slight favorite may be true.”
Johnson waved a KU shirt to the fans during introductions, drawing boos from a majority of the 13,111 fans. A clip of Johnson’s spectacular dunk to conclude the scoring is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDdFg63fL4

Well it will give something the haters can focus on.... s

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
haha

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM

He isn't coming to school to do all that book learnin' stuff.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
He isn't coming to school to do all that book learnin' stuff.

he'll have 'tutors' anyway

BWillie
04-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Seems like every day this drags out Kentucky is in the picture more and more. Just come to KU already X, with or w/out your brother. He might even have to sit out a year. And if it's down to Kentucky or Kansas, what does playing with your brother matter anyway? You aren't goin' to memphis

Skip Towne
04-13-2009, 10:48 AM
YAY!!!!!!!

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Let X go to UK. Stephenson to KU.

Pants
04-13-2009, 10:52 AM
EJ = machine.

chief4life
04-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Man that is great news and if we get the Henry's which i think we will we are going to be stacked next year! :clap:

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Man that is great news and if we get the Henry's which i think we will we are going to be stacked next year! :clap:

Didn't you say he was going to commit last week or something?

Lzen
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Seems like every day this drags out Kentucky is in the picture more and more. Just come to KU already X, with or w/out your brother. He might even have to sit out a year. And if it's down to Kentucky or Kansas, what does playing with your brother matter anyway? You aren't goin' to memphis

I think you are right. Every day that this drags out longer is more chance that UK lands X. I hope we get one of the two. If X goes to UK, I hope we get Born Ready. :)

Lzen
04-13-2009, 10:59 AM

I think Cal is Satan. He's in X's ear and tempting him.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 11:02 AM

I have no doubt. But if I remember correctly, he was pretty adamant about X committing last week to KU.....or he had a source......can't remember which.

Personally, I'd rather than Stephenson at this point than X.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I think you are right. Every day that this drags out longer is more chance that UK lands X. I hope we get one of the two. If X goes to UK, I hope we get Born Ready. :)

We will get one of the two or both....

It really all depends on CJ and the NCAA... The talk around here is that if CJ cant leave Memphis, then X will go to Memphis...

For some reason I expect X and CJ at KU this fall...

Al Bundy
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[ALDRICH]&set=key[number],value[45]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p5268913_customback.chain]

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[ALDRICH]&set=key[number],value[45]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p5268913_customback.chain]

You better pre buy all you can right now....

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 11:04 AM

I'd bet this is closer to true than false.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I'd bet this is closer to true than false.
Posted via Mobile Device

How is Cal going to get CJ released from Memphis?

Al Bundy
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[ALDRICH]&set=key[number],value[45]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p5436241_customback.chain]

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
How is Cal going to get CJ released from Memphis?

WWW?

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:07 AM
WWW?

Not following? ?

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:08 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[ALDRICH]&set=key[number],value[45]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p5436241_customback.chain]

So are you in marketing? Or just spamming the thread?

Al Bundy
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
So are you in marketing? Or just spamming the thread?

Neither, just trying to give the Jayhawks an idea of what jersey Aldrich will be wearing next season (If he was smart).

chief4life
04-13-2009, 11:10 AM

Yeah i thought he was that is why they are called rumors. I was running off what Shay said on rivals it won't happen again i usually don't guarantee anything like that. The Shiver though is still very confident he is going to KU so I am going off that but we will see.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Neither, just trying to give the Jayhawks an idea of what jersey Aldrich will be wearing next season (If he was smart).

So basically spamming? I guess you will find out tonight how smart Aldrich is or isnt in your opinion....

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Not following? ?

That WorldWideWes guy that follows Cal around.

Cal seems to get his guys bar none. No idea how it happens. Even this last year, Memphis was soooo loaded, I don't know how anybody coming in can think they will be getting a lot of minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah i thought he was that is why they are called rumors. I was running off what Shay said on rivals it won't happen again i usually don't guarantee anything like that. The Shiver though is still very confident he is going to KU so I am going off that but we will see.

I think alot of people took that to heart... I thought forsure it was "deal is done" type of reporting from rivals and co....

CoMoChief
04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Not following? ?

World Wide Wes

Reerun_KC
That WorldWideWes guy that follows Cal around.

Cal seems to get his guys bar none. No idea how it happens. Even this last year, Memphis was soooo loaded, I don't know how anybody coming in can think they will be getting a lot of minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ah thanks B, Gotcha.

Skip Towne
So basically spamming? I guess you will find out tonight how smart Aldrich is or isnt in your opinion....

It won't matter to UCF dipshit. KU could beat his shitty school with the JV squd.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 11:31 AM

I'm just giving you shit. I guess I didn't realize the info came from Shay or I would have looked at it differently.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
It won't matter to UCF dipshit. KU could beat his shitty school with the JV squd.

The Kansas City Wizards could walk onto the court and school his team...

the Talking Can
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM

shay is the nick athan of basketball

the shiver isn't much better....

blazzin311
04-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Stephenson Visits With Self, Roberts; Xavier Henry to Visit Kentucky

Lance Stephenson was courted by both Kansas coach Bill Self and St. John's coach Norm Roberts this weekend and it appears that he will choose between those two schools in the coming days.

The NCAA late signing period begins Wednesday.

Self flew up to visit with the 6-foot-5 Stephenson at his Coney Island home on Friday afternoon. Stephenson and his family later took an official visit to St. John's that included the standard campus fare as well as a visit to Roberts' home in Dix Hills, N.Y.

"The visit went well," a St. John's source said. "There is no timetable [on a decision]. He and his family had a good time."

A source close to the Stephenson family told me the other day that Lance was inching closer to a decision.

"They're getting closer to making a decision," the source said. "They [the coaches] are all making their last minute pitches and I think this is St John's last chance to beat the other couple [schools]. This is their best opportunity right now. This is their last chance right now."

Meantime, Xavier Henry told Michael Eaves of Fox Sports Net at the Nike Hoops Summit in Portland that he is planning on visiting Kentucky after the Jordan Brand Classic on April 18.

Henry will play at either Memphis, Kansas or Kentucky next season.

If the Henry decision drags out over time, Kansas could opt to take a commitment from Stephenson and get it over with.

On the other hand, both Xavier and C.J. Henry could wind up at Kentucky and Stephenson could end up at St. John's, leaving Kansas without either.

Kentucky coach John Calipari is reportedly in Portland. Although he cannot attend games at the Nike Hoop Summit, he can speak with players away from the arena.

He has already landed former Memphis commit DeMarcus Cousins and is now working on the Henrys and John Wall, who once listed Memphis as a favorite.

Eaves said he spoke with Wall in Portland and asked if Kentucky was a strong candidate for his services.

"Definitely," Wall told him.

Wall went on to tell Eaves that the reason he would be interested in playing for Calipari is because of his ability to put players like Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans on the fast track to the NBA. Both of those players spent just one year on campus before declaring for the NBA. In Saturday night's game between Team USA and the World Select team, Henry led all U.S. scorers with 22 points, making 6-of-11 from 3-point range. That tied the U.S. Hoop Summit individual record for both 3-point makes and attempts. John Wall added 13 points and a U.S. Hoop Summit record 11 assists. He also tied the steals mark with five. Wall, Henry and Cousins will all be in New York this week for the Jordan Classic.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/13/stephenson-visits-with-self-roberts-xavier-henry-to-visit-kentucky/

Mr. Krab
04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
You can bet Calipari has his guys throwing money at X at this very moment.

Reaper16
04-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I wish Calipari would __________(insert creative death here)_________.

schneider221
04-13-2009, 12:15 PM
what people are missing in this thread that is almost as exciting as cole/sherron coming back is the dunks elijah johnson threw down at the all star game the other day.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayDdFg63fL4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayDdFg63fL4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsQGeBI-RmA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsQGeBI-RmA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
04-13-2009, 12:59 PM

UCF just signed Michael Jordan's kid.

CoMoChief
04-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Wasn't Norm Roberts (St john's HC) one of Roy's asst while he was at KU?

blazzin311
04-13-2009, 01:08 PM

I believe this to be true. If i recall correctly Danny Manning replaced him when Norm left for St. Johns.

FishingRod
04-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Excuse his math skills.

He just always gives 110% So 65-45 makes sense to the kid.

schneider221
04-13-2009, 01:21 PM

Norm Roberts was one of Self's assistants at KU.

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Norm Roberts was one of Self's assistants at KU.And Illinois, and Tulsa, and Oral Roberts.

KC_Connection
04-13-2009, 01:38 PM
If X is actually going to go visit Kentucky, then just get Lance.

BWillie
04-13-2009, 03:07 PM
This is all too complicated. I don't think I have any idea what is going on. Maybe X just doesn't care that Jodie Meeks is there, but I can tell you this. Coach Cal could win a title with this line up...

PG - John Wall
SG - Meeks
SF - X
Forwards - Patterson & Cousins

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
This is all too complicated. I don't think I have any idea what is going on. Maybe X just doesn't care that Jodie Meeks is there, but I can tell you this. Coach Cal could win a title with this line up...

PG - John Wall
SG - Meeks
SF - X
Forwards - Patterson & Cousins
That is sick. UK has to love the cal hire.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJay23
04-13-2009, 05:12 PM
That is sick. UK has to love the cal hire.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm very curious to see how Cal manages in a conference with a pulse (although last year it was on life support). He sucked ass in the NBA and in college he's only guided teams through mid major conferences. Let's see if he can keep together a bunch of prima donnas through a more grouling conference season that is sure to see them lose a few games.

Pablo
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
what people are missing in this thread that is almost as exciting as cole/sherron coming back is the dunks elijah johnson threw down at the all star game the other day.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayDdFg63fL4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayDdFg63fL4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsQGeBI-RmA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsQGeBI-RmA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Pretty f*cking sick.

Basketball season just ended and I can't wait.

Couple that with what looks to be a pretty promising football season next year..and it just may be 2008 all over again.

Orange Bowl + NC repeat = Sweet, sweet dreams.

DJay23
04-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Pretty f*cking sick.

Basketball season just ended and I can't wait.

Couple that with what looks to be a pretty promising football season next year..and it just may be 2008 all over again.

Orange Bowl + NC repeat = Sweet, sweet dreams.

Also, the baseball team is currently ranked 24th after sweeping #17 Okie State.

Pablo
04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Also, the baseball team is currently ranked 24th after sweeping #17 Okie State.Can't say that I really follow college baseball, but that's pretty good stuff as well.

DJay23
04-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Can't say that I really follow college baseball, but that's pretty good stuff as well.

Me neither, but hey, nice to see the "non revenue" sports at KU start to come out of their slumber.

bluehawkdoc
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
UCF just signed Michael Jordan's kid.

The guys in the UCF can really throw down. Although I am uncomfortable with the term, "the rear naked choke hold". Sounds like something that should happen behind closed doors.

Mr. Krab
04-13-2009, 07:18 PM
poor Memphis

Updated: April 13, 2009, 4:10 PM ET
Junior forward Taggart enters draft

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4065384) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/news/story?id=4065384#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4065384&type=story) Share (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Memphis%20forward%20Taggart%20enters%20NBA%20draft", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/news/story?id=4065384", published: "2009-04-13" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </script>
<cite class="source"> Associated Press
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis junior forward Shawn Taggart (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=27043) has submitted his name for the 2009 NBA draft.

Taggart said in a statement Monday from the university that he wants to test the waters and see what feedback he gets following encouragement from the team's new coach, Josh Pastner. He graduates in May but still has one year of college eligibility.

He says he'll make a decision later whether to remain in the draft or return for a final year at Memphis.

The 6-foot-10 player started in 27 games last year and averaged 10.4 points and 7.6 rebounds. Taggart led the Tigers in rebounding and free-throw percentage and was second in field-goal percentage and blocks and third in scoring.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Pablo
04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
poor Memphis

Updated: April 13, 2009, 4:10 PM ET
Junior forward Taggart enters draft

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4065384) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/news/story?id=4065384#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4065384&type=story) Share (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Memphis%20forward%20Taggart%20enters%20NBA%20draft", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/news/story?id=4065384", published: "2009-04-13" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </script>
<cite class="source"> Associated Press
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis junior forward Shawn Taggart (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=27043) has submitted his name for the 2009 NBA draft.

Taggart said in a statement Monday from the university that he wants to test the waters and see what feedback he gets following encouragement from the team's new coach, Josh Pastner. He graduates in May but still has one year of college eligibility.

He says he'll make a decision later whether to remain in the draft or return for a final year at Memphis.

The 6-foot-10 player started in 27 games last year and averaged 10.4 points and 7.6 rebounds. Taggart led the Tigers in rebounding and free-throw percentage and was second in field-goal percentage and blocks and third in scoring.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated PressNot too surprising.

When it rains it fuckin pours.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2009, 08:08 PM
...So what's the word? Someone has to be at the banquet with a blackberry in hand. :D

KCCHIEFS27
04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
As of 8:14 they were still eating..

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Still chowing down?

DJay23
04-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Still chowing down?

Watching threads on other boards. There are people there with the necessary technology, but everything's quiet right now.

Last I heard, Self was giving out awards and they were recapping the season.

doomy3
04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
THEY'RE BOTH STAYING!!!!!

Mr. Plow
Both coming back.....reported on phog.

Mr. Plow
FUCK YEAH BITCHES!!

doomy3
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
This is outstanding news. Now get at least one of X and Lance, and we're preseason #1

Pablo
Aha..hell yes son.

Dunit35
woot woot

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Great News during a stressful week for me!! :clap:

the Talking Can
04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/13/collins-aldrich-announce-plans-return-ku-next-seas/

Collins, Aldrich announce plans to return to KU next season

By Jesse Newell

Kansas basketball players Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich announced their intentions to return to the Jayhawks next season during the 2009 Awards Banquet on Monday at the Holiday Inn Holidome in Lawrence.

Aldrich, a sophomore, averaged 14.9 points and 11.1 rebounds last year.

Advertisement
Lawrence Marketplace on your mobile phone

"I can't wait till next year when we try to go for one more," Aldrich said at the banquet.

Kansas coach Bill Self asked him jokingly if that meant he was coming back for his junior season.

"As long as you don't throw me under the bus next year," Aldrich said with a laugh.

Collins, a junior, posted a team-high 18.9 points per game.

"It was a great year. Like Cole said, I will be back next year," Collins said, receiving a standing ovation afterwards.

Both Aldrich and Collins were first-team all-Big 12 selections. They also shared the Danny Manning "Mr. Jayhawk" Award presented at the banquet Monday.

For more on this story, check back to KUsports.com.

the Talking Can
04-13-2009, 09:20 PM
we have a lottery pick center turning down millions and choosing to come back and play.....he averaged 17pts, 12 rebounds, and 4blocks in the tournament....

we are going to destroy next year

fucking destroy

Thig Lyfe
04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
WHAM. BAM.

HC_Chief
04-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Rock Chalk, bitches :D

:KU:

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
we have a lottery pick center turning down millions and choosing to come back and play

I still can't believe he turned it down.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Well everyones hopes in the big 12 just took another hit....

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, bitches. PBJ PBJ PBJ

:thumb:

"Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU!!"

:):):)

Rrrrooooccckkkkk Ccccchhhhaallllllllkkkkkk, Jjjjjjjaaaayyyyyhhhhhawwwwkkkk....
KKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu

RRrooocckk Ccchhaalllllkkk, Jjjaayhhhawkkk....
KKKKKkkkkkkkUUUUuuuuuuuuu.....

RRrockk Ccchhlllkkk, Jjayhawkk....
KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

ROCKCHALK JAYHAWK, KKK-UUUU!!!

Go Jayhawks!

:KU:

Mr. Krab
04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Where's that anus face that was posting NBA jerseys with Aldrich's name on it?

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 09:33 PM
w00t

DeezNutz
04-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Huge for KU. They're going to be sick.

Kyle DeLexus
04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Ship? To it???

the Talking Can
04-13-2009, 09:39 PM
had to steal this

http://image.blingee.com/images16/content/output/000/000/000/545/409703469_945408.gif

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Ship? To it???

Chickens. Count. Before. Hatch.

At least we will be a contender.

Kyle DeLexus
04-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Chickens. Count. Before. Hatch.

At least we will be a contender.

Are you saying we won't win the Big 12 Championship?

Skip Towne
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Where's that anus face that was posting NBA jerseys with Aldrich's name on it?

That would be UCF Golden Assholes. His team is shit so he hassles successful programs.

Thig Lyfe
04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
TO DA SHIPPPPPPPPPPP

Skip Towne
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Annnd KU takes over the BigXII North.

Pablo
04-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Annnd KU takes over the BigXII North.Like they wouldn't have if Collins and Aldrich both left?

jidar
04-13-2009, 09:57 PM
oh shit... its on. it's on like donkey kong

Skip Towne
04-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Like they wouldn't have if Collins and Aldrich both left?

Aldrich would have been impossible to replace but we still had a grip on the BB part. Now we have a good shot at it and FB too.

Pablo
04-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Aldrich would have been impossible to replace but we still had a grip on the BB part. Now we have a good shot at it and FB too.Yeah, but we're still getting Withey transferring over, so we would have had a serviceable big man anyhow.

Ceej
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
It feels good calling this one.

I'm not right often.

But, more importantly - welcome back Cole and Sherron. Lets go for 2 titles in 3 years, eh?

Al Bundy
04-13-2009, 10:08 PM
That would be UCF Golden Assholes. His team is shit so he hassles successful programs.

Hey I was wrong. KU is going to have a solid team, hell they should be championship contenders. But on another note you can eat shit and suck a dick.

DJJasonp
04-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm liking this a lot....

Give us a Darnell Jackson-type player to help Cole....and Tyshawn gets more consistent from outside....

To the 'ship...

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Good news.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Annnd KU takes over the BigXII North.

I think you mean "and KU dominates the Big 12 yet again"

Lzen
04-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Awesome news!

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Aldrich said on the news that he's doing it for himself and his mom. No one in his immediate family has ever graduated college, and he wants to finish school.

Collins said he stopped listening to people trying to make the decision for him, and made it for himself.

The sports anchor speculated on the Henry situation with Collins and Aldrich coming back saying, "if this doesn't get Henry, nothing will."

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM
...some more good reading...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4066329

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich are staying at Kansas, passing up a chance to play in the NBA for the opportunity to make the Jayhawks a leading national title contender in 2010.

The Jayhawks will return every major contributor from this year's Big 12 championship team and will be joined by one of the best recruiting classes coach Bill Self has brought to Kansas.

Collins and Aldrich announced their decision Monday night to cheers from several hundred fans at the annual Jayhawks awards dinner.

"I can't wait till next year, when we go for another ring," said Aldrich, who played as a freshman on Kansas' 2007-08 national championship team.

"That does mean you're coming back next year, right?" Self said.

"As long as you don't throw me under the bus," responded Aldrich.

Collins, a 5-foot-11 point guard, averaged 18.9 points and five assists this past season as a junior.

The 6-foot-11 Aldrich averaged 14.9 points and 11.1 rebounds as a sophomore. If Aldrich had declared for the draft, he might have been a lottery pick.

"I do think we return the best guard in the country and the best big man in the country," said Self. "I think if you're going to start a team, why not have an anchor and why not have a guard?"

With Collins and Aldrich bursting into stardom, the Jayhawks were a surprising 27-8 last season, winning a fifth straight Big 12 regular-season title and reaching the round of 16 before losing to eventual national runner-up Michigan State in the NCAA tournament.

Aldrich and Collins both said the decision to say was so easy that they didn't even ask Self to explore a level of interest that NBA teams might have, a common practice of undergraduates who are thinking of jumping to the pros early.

"I've known for a while," said Aldrich, who had the sixth triple-double in NCAA tournament history. "It's been a blast of a year and the fans are so fun here. I was watching highlights on my computer back in my room and I got goose bumps. I was like, 'I've got to come back here.'"

He said his parents urged him to come back even though his father, a construction worker, has been out of work for some time because of the economic slowdown.

Aldrich's patience should pay big dividends for Self's squad.

"Those two together mean at least 12 victories," said Self, the AP coach of the year. "We could still be competitive because those young kids are going to get better. "

Kansas also remains in the running for two of the most sought-after prep prospects in the nation, Xavier Henry and Lance Stephenson.

Henry, a shooting guard rated by Rivals.com as the overall No. 1 recruit in the nation, is the son of former Kansas player Carl Henry. He signed with Memphis but was released from his commitment when coach John Calipari left for Kentucky.

Aldrich, in a second-round victory over Dayton in the NCAA tournament, had 13 points, 20 rebounds and 10 blocks. It was the first official triple-double in Kansas history.

Often compared with former Boston Celtics star Kevin McHale, Aldrich had 94 blocks on the season and was the only Big 12 player besides Oklahoma's Blake Griffin, the national player of the year, to average a double-double.

Collins, a fearless driver, spent his first two seasons playing behind Mario Chalmers and Russell Robinson. Collins developed his midrange game and became an efficient jump shooter last season as well as someone who could attack the basket.

"We have a chance to be in a race for another national championship and go down in history with two [titles]," said Collins. "My mother has been begging me for a senior night for a long time. So now she gets it."

Self agreed the pressure to win will weigh heavily on next year's team.

"They have a chance to do what they both want to do," said Self. "Be part of a legacy to bring home two national championships."

Tiger's Fan
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM
heh

Thig Lyfe
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
No one in his immediate family has ever graduated college, and he wants to finish school.

So does that mean he's sticking around for two more years?

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
So does that mean he's sticking around for two more years?

Yes. He said himself.

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes. He said himself.Julian Wright said he was going to graduate also.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Julian Wright said he was going to graduate also.

He sounded serious. I think family and graduating is probably more important to him than Julian. The guy just turned down millions man. His stock is so high. We'll see, but for now, he said he's going to stay and graduate.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
He sounded serious. I think family and graduating is probably more important to him than Julian. The guy just turned down millions man. His stock is so high. We'll see, but for now, he said he's going to stay and graduate.

....let's not jump the gun. Say we do win another NC and he is a projected #1...meanwhile his family is struggling financially. KU will always be here, and I am sure if graduating was that important for him...he could always come back after an NBA career to finish up a year. His NBA career wont always be there on the other hand.

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Now that the excitement has worn off a bit, I do hope this decision doesn't bite Aldrich too hard. I hope he can maintain productivity and continue to advance his game. I'd hate to see his stock drop because he decided to stay.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
....let's not jump the gun. Say we do win another NC and he is a projected #1...meanwhile his family is struggling financially. KU will always be here, and I am sure if graduating was that important for him...he could always come back after an NBA career to finish up a year. His NBA career wont always be there on the other hand.

I'm just saying what he said.

Dottefan
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Glad to see them coming back...........Go Ku

Terribilis
04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJ5AFJ52Nw

Thig Lyfe
04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJ5AFJ52Nw

Embedding is fun!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjJ5AFJ52Nw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjJ5AFJ52Nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T-post Tom
04-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Excellent day for KU fans.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Id think this coming year is aldrich's last year....he can always finish college later

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-13-2009, 11:41 PM
I looooooove me some Jayhawks. Rock, Chalk bitches.......

Thank you Cole and Sherron.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I looooooove me some Jayhawks. Rock, Chalk bitches.......

Thank you Cole and Sherron.

They shoul dominate this year, i hope my tigers can be in the top 3 again

rrl308
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
PBJ

Pablo
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Embedding is fun!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjJ5AFJ52Nw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjJ5AFJ52Nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>That's a pretty sick video.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Id think this coming year is aldrich's last year....he can always finish college later

Honestly, I thought this was going to be his last year. Not many kids turn down what he did to come back.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Honestly, I thought this was going to be his last year. Not many kids turn down what he did to come back.

I was thinking the same, hope he doesn't get hurt, it's a risk but i'm sure it's worth it to him.

T-post Tom
04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Embedding is fun!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjJ5AFJ52Nw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjJ5AFJ52Nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JIMP

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:51 PM
After watchin that vid, cant wait until the season starts!

Man these guys are going to be fun!

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:52 PM
JIMP

No poop about it, This is going to be a great season!

Baby Lee
04-14-2009, 08:24 AM
It is truly amazing the capacity an organization like KU has for showering us with reward. I imagine there's a point every morning where Brad Pitt erases the cobwebs and realizes he's in bed with Angelina Jolie. We got to meet and fall in love with Danny Manning, Drew Gooden, Greg Ostertag, Paul Pierce, Jacque Vaugn, Julian Wright, Raef Lafrenz, on and on like a freaking endless buffet of quality people, and instead of cobwebs and nostalgia, we wake up and find out Aldrich and Collins are around another year.

Lzen
04-14-2009, 08:50 AM

Yeah, I'm not really expecting more than this next year. I would be shocked if he decides to stay for his senior year.

DJay23
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'm not really expecting more than this next year. I would be shocked if he decides to stay for his senior year.

Self said don't expect Aldrich to stay, and while Cole said he wants to ge this degree, he also said he could finish that degree later on. Sounds like he'll come out after next year.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/13/collins-aldrich-announce-plans-return-ku-next-seas/

CoMoChief
04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
i hope my tigers can be in the top 3 again

ROFL