PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Info from solid source on Chiefs . . .

jrowe
04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I have long been a lurker here and almost never post. I hate baseless rumours too. So, I wouldn't post this unless I felt it was accurate and reliable.

My brother in law has a close friend that works in the Chiefs front office. The person is not high ranking, but does have access to both the current depth chart and draft chart. This person mentioned the following four items to my brother in law.

1. Tamba Hali is penciled in as the starter at outside linebacker over Vrabel right now.

2. Glen Dorsey is listed as the starting NT.

3. They are firmly committed to the 3-4.

4 Curry is at the top of their draft chart.

Now, these are obviously fact that most people could or have guessed, but it's interesting to get some type of confirmation - even if it is in the form of a weak rumour.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 11:36 AM
This ought to be a fun, "Release the hounds!"

Mile High Mania
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Masses attack the nOOb in 3... 2...

Tuckdaddy
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Curry will be the pick. I won't say it's a lock but the kid has mad skills that we need.

DaFace
04-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Masses attack the nOOb in 3... 2...

Eh, I see no reason to ever attack a poster for providing information, provided that the source of information is clearly stated.

Captain Obvious
OK gang....

Tuckdaddy
i also think Tamba can play OLB in the 3-4.

Micjones
The Depth Chart, as of today, is virtually meaningless.
The players haven't seen the field.

Crush
Okay gang...

Frankie
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
:popcorn:

Woodrow Call
Thanks for the info

Mr. Plow
I like boobies.

Crush
OK gang....

Great minds think alike, Captain Obvious.

Crush
04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Where is Nick Athan when you need him? I need confirmation!

DeezNutz
04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Nick!

Tuckdaddy
04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Dorsey at NT? WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN!

OnTheWarpath58
04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
You probably should have stayed a lurker.

Let me get this straight:

1 Arrowhead Drive has been locked down tighter than Fort fucking Knox since Pioli's arrival, yet your BIL has the scoop?

I have a friend in the Rams front office, and he told me he wasn't even willing to tell me what Billy Devaney had for fucking lunch, and won't tell me shit until after the draft.

Bottom line: NO ONE is going to risk their job by telling secrets 2 weeks before the draft - especially one that works for an organization that has been on lockdown for the past 2 months.

OnTheWarpath58
04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Nick!

LMAO

Tuckdaddy
04-13-2009, 11:44 AM
You probably should have stayed a lurker.

Let me get this straight:

1 Arrowhead Drive has been locked down tighter than Fort ****ing Knox since Pioli's arrival, yet your BIL has the scoop?

I have a friend in the Rams front office, and he told me he wasn't even willing to tell me what Billy Devaney had for ****ing lunch, and won't tell me shit until after the draft.

Bottom line: NO ONE is going to risk their job by telling secrets 2 weeks before the draft - especially one that works for an organization that has been on lockdown for the past 2 months.

I would post info shit on CP if I worked there. Talk to reporters, hell no but a message board, why not.

I doubt Scott is checking on here daily to find a mole.

The Bad Guy
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
i also think Tamba can play OLB in the 3-4.

I think you are out of your mind. The guy doesn't move fluidly at all.

Iowanian
04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Ask the cousin's friends cousin's baby-mama's friend where LJ, BW and TG are going to be playing next season...

Tuckdaddy
04-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Fluidly? Neither do other 3-4 OLB's. He's got the size to rush the passer but he's not too big to get outside and make plays.

I think he can, he's not a massive DE.

Crush
Of course, WPI subscribers found out about this 8 days/seconds/months/years/hours ago.

J Diddy

That was last year, this year he'll be playing without shoes.

sparkky
04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
thanks for the info. we'll all have to wait and see how things play out.

OnTheWarpath58
I would post info shit on CP if I worked there. Talk to reporters, hell no but a message board, why not.

I doubt Scott is checking on here daily to find a mole.

Scott's not, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone from the organization doesn't read from time to time.

My friend with the Rams told me once that they found a leak on a message board during the Martz era, and traced it back to one of the interns.

Crush
Claythan, where is the scoop? I need confirmation!

OnTheWarpath58
Ask the cousin's friends cousin's baby-mama's friend where LJ, BW and TG are going to be playing next season...

LMAO

J Diddy

I can answer that: were trading LJ, BW, and TG for Peyton Manning

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 11:50 AM

Well, if there's any position that he MIGHT be able to play, it's 3-4 OLB. If he can't fit there (and there's ample reason to believe he can't) then he'll be cut because he just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
I have long been a lurker here and almost never post. I hate baseless rumours too. So, I wouldn't post this unless I felt it was accurate and reliable.

My brother in law has a close friend that works in the Chiefs front office. The person is not high ranking, but does have access to both the current depth chart and draft chart. This person mentioned the following four items to my brother in law.

1. Tamba Hali is penciled in as the starter at outside linebacker over Vrabel right now.

Now, these are obviously fact that most people could or have guessed, but it's interesting to get some type of confirmation - even if it is in the form of a weak rumour.

that doesnt make sense unless were going after Jason Taylor

doomy3
Thanks for the info. Whether or not it is true, it is at least fun to read this and speculate on it.

keg in kc
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
mmhmm

OnTheWarpath58
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
that doesnt make sense unless were going after Jason Taylor

You know what else doesn't make sense?

Someone that "is not high ranking" having access to the draft board 2 weeks before the draft.

Crush
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I hate to tell you this, but your brother-in-law's friend is now swimming with the fishes.

Dave Lane
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Will someone please answer why Curry is at the top of round 1 let alone top of the draft chart? Can I please see these "mad skills" in some type of video format? Sony Betamax is fine really I've seen several and they aren't exciting... 4 years and no great highlights???

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Someone that "is not high ranking" having access to the draft board 2 weeks before the draft.

Yeah its kind of strange. The football operations part is always in lockdown mode even when Carl was there unless you are a janitor or secruity officer it would be hard to get over there.

Reaper16
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the info. While I don't believe its true, I think that I only disbelieve it because 2-4 on that list are, like, fireable offenses, and I don't want my front office to be that stupid.

Dave Lane
04-13-2009, 11:54 AM

PS this would be grounds for termination of Pioli's contract if this is what hit the field in '09

J Diddy
04-13-2009, 11:54 AM

It could be a devious plot to mislead us.

Fish
04-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Yeah.... I have no experience to speak from, but I can't imagine that they leave their list of intentions laying around 1 Arrowhead like a lost TPS report. If it were so easy that the janitor could get info while cleaning the trash can, there would be a lot more leaks. Teams learned a lesson from Dallas's whiteboard incident last year. They're smarter than to not cover their asses.

Frankie
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM

Nah, Peyton is getting old.

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM

That would be awesome.

Reaper16
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Quick, hit the X button before its too late!

DTLB58
04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
If true and if Pioli knew he was giving out draft info....:bang:

Chiefnj2
04-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah.... I have no experience to speak from, but I can't imagine that they leave their list of intentions laying around 1 Arrowhead like a lost TPS report. If it were so easy that the janitor could get info while cleaning the trash can, there would be a lot more leaks. Teams learned a lesson from Dallas's whiteboard incident last year. They're smarter than to not cover their asses.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fb8057

Final boards aren't up, but in the video above you can see Seattle's war room and some lists are already up.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Will someone please answer why Curry is at the top of round 1 let alone top of the draft chart? Can I please see these "mad skills" in some type of video format? Sony Betamax is fine really I've seen several and they aren't exciting... 4 years and no great highlights???

This....

Only reason he has mad skills is because Maycock said so, therefore the lemmings will follow...

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2009, 12:33 PM

and a bannable offense if this information proves to be grossly incorrect.

PhillyChiefFan
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
BUT...have the local real estate agents been contacted to see if Curry has been looking at houses in Leawood?

RJ
04-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I can never remember....

Is it don't shoot the messenger?

Or always shoot the messenger?

Or does it really matter?

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I can never remember....

Is it don't shoot the messenger?

Or always shoot the messenger?

Or does it really matter?

I have the 300 quote in my head now LMAO

Fish
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fb8057

Final boards aren't up, but in the video above you can see Seattle's war room and some lists are already up.

The only list I could make out from that was Seattle's own depth chart. There wasn't anything in that video to indicate who they valued from the draft. I don't think any other teams are going to get much info out of that video other than the fact that Seattle feels there aren't many good CBs over 6', which is rather obvious to everyone anyway.

LaChapelle
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Solid beats that runny stuff, any day of the week.

J Diddy
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM

I wouldn't go that far, I mean he did say it was a weak rumor.

RustShack
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe Pioli is leaving false information in a place where only one other person can find it. If that information gets out he knows exactly who leaked it.

LaChapelle
04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Another source says your BIL was getting fired anyway. Now you can't really say no to having them move in with you.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't go that far, I mean he did say it was a weak rumor.

This shit happens every offseason then when the information is false the poster who divulged the information isn't heard from again or changes their handle, because they are trying to get a rise out of people.

Chiefnj2
04-13-2009, 01:00 PM
The only list I could make out from that was Seattle's own depth chart. There wasn't anything in that video to indicate who they valued from the draft. I don't think any other teams are going to get much info out of that video other than the fact that Seattle feels there aren't many good CBs over 6', which is rather obvious to everyone anyway.

You can see rosters and depth charts of every single team. On the other wall there are hand written lists. Obviously they aren't going to let you see data for this years draft, but I would assume most teams have their initial boards up with various scenarios.

CoMoChief
04-13-2009, 01:06 PM
If that's true about Hali, his ass better get on some agility and conditioning program. His ass needs to lose weight and gain speed if he's gonna be an OLB.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Well I know Scott Pioli cousins girlfriends dads uncle and he said this is BS

raybec 4
04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Well I know Scott Pioli cousins girlfriends dads uncle and he said this is BS

I dunno, saw the guy who washes Pioli's car at 31 flavors last night and he said Pioli left a copy of the draft chart in the passenger seat. Confirms everything the thread starter said.

CoMoChief
04-13-2009, 01:11 PM

:rolleyes:

Fish
04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
You can see rosters and depth charts of every single team. On the other wall there are hand written lists. Obviously they aren't going to let you see data for this years draft, but I would assume most teams have their initial boards up with various scenarios.

That's the point. Rosters and depth charts of other teams aren't anything secret. And to think that someone that hasn't been cleared to have access to this year's draft info could stumble onto it accidentally is still absurd.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2009, 01:14 PM
:rolleyes:

From the person who does this on a constant basis

Pioli Zombie
04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
My dog sniffed the ass of a beagle whose owner has a daughter who goes to school with one of the Chiefs front office daughters.

The pick is uffffffff.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
04-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Eh, I see no reason to ever attack a poster for providing information, provided that the source of information is clearly stated.
Yeah, take it for what it is worth to ya.

alanm
04-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Your brother in law just got his close friend fired. ROFL

bigdreams1
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping Tamba Hali can play the position as well. Any info at this point is meaningful no matter how vague it may be.

bevischief
04-13-2009, 01:28 PM
My realtor best friend just over heard that is Curry is looking for a house in Leawood...

Chiefnj2
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
That's the point. Rosters and depth charts of other teams aren't anything secret. And to think that someone that hasn't been cleared to have access to this year's draft info could stumble onto it accidentally is still absurd.

People in organizations talk. That's why Gosselin's final mock takes a big change and he ends up being is so accurate.

Hydrae
04-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Then we can draft Stafford/Sanchez and be set at QB for decades! ;)

HemiEd
04-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Good, now I don't have to waste my time on the 25th and 26th watching the draft. It is supposed to be nice and the Chicago Symphony is playing.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, take it for what it is worth to ya.

speaking of which what are you getting out your source, or is he/she tight lipped about the situation?

TrebMaxx
04-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Just to let you all know. I had a vision the other night while totally inebriated on Guinness Draught that confirms the OP's rumor. That is all I remember, no other details.

bowener
04-13-2009, 02:20 PM

I would assume Hali would start there over Vrabel. I always assumed that Vrabel would play the ROLB since we are going to be a hybrid system (possibly). He is a typical RDE size, allowing him to play on the line if we want the 34 look, or drop back and play OLB when we want.

MoreLemonPledge
04-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm another noob, I know, but I did get the opportunity to talk to one of the Chiefs defensive lineman at work a week ago or so. Hali and McBride are penciled in at OLB (I can't vouch for either of them starting over Vrabel). Dorsey is currently the NT, and they are definitely running a 3-4.

Frankie
04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Does Dorsey have any room to add weight?

MoreLemonPledge
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Dorsey's up to 330 apparently.

Pioli Zombie
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
The Holy Spirit put it on my heart to tell you that its God's will that Raji is the choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Dorsey's up to 330 apparently.

Another "reliable' source?

MoreLemonPledge
04-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Another "reliable' source?

All I'm saying is that it was a Chiefs player. I can't vouch for the reliability necessarily, but it does confirm what the OP said.

SBK
04-13-2009, 03:32 PM
You know if Dorsey turned into a great NT I'd be thrilled. We'd have to be the luckiest team ever, to draft a cover 2 pass rushing DT and turn them into a NT. LMAO

booger
04-13-2009, 03:34 PM
All I'm saying is that it was a Chiefs player. I can't vouch for the reliability necessarily, but it does confirm what the OP said.

any word on Tank or Boone playing DE or who is playing DE........or anything in general you've picked up on from your source?

Thanks for sharing this info.

booger
04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Dorsey was asked to be more of a space eater rather than penatrator at LSU.

I wish i could dig up Scott Wright's scouting write up on him but i can't.

MoreLemonPledge
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
any word on Tank or Boone playing DE or who is playing DE........or anything in general you've picked up on from your source?

Thanks for sharing this info.

I didn't ask him too much. I wasn't trying to be one of those people that ask a thousand questions and piss him off. I know he is playing DE. Not sure about Tank or Boone, but you would have to assume they are. With Hali and McBride at OLB (if that stays), they need somebody to play DE.

BigRedChief
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
speaking of which what are you getting out your source, or is he/she tight lipped about the situation?
nada thing. Whole new situation. People are scared of being found out that they are the leak.

kstater
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not a n00b, but I talked to my Wal-Mart manager. He had talked to David Glass, who had talked to Clark Hunt who had talked to Pioli. The Chiefs are drafting 7 OL and will convert them all to DL since they are definatley running a 7-0 D.

Kyle DeLexus
04-13-2009, 03:43 PM
nada thing. Whole new situation. People are scared of being found out that they are the leak.

My friend is about to graduate and they aren't even taking interns at the moment. Thats how much of a lockdown they are on right now.

booger
04-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I didn't ask him too much. I wasn't trying to be one of those people that ask a thousand questions and piss him off. I know he is playing DE. Not sure about Tank or Boone, but you would have to assume they are. With Hali and McBride at OLB (if that stays), they need somebody to play DE.

I respect that. I'd be that way too. Not to nosey, that way you have a good repor with him.

Boone dropped weight last year and i could see him as a good fit at DE in the 34 much better than last year in the 43. I imagine Tank rotating at nt and possible tried at de too.

Hali, that's the only spot to try him at. Wouldn't suprise me at some point, maybe even training camp or after if he is traded if someone gets injured. Dallas hung onto Greg Ellis and he turned out to give them depth as a rusher at OLB after not really fitting the system, it turned out he did. Hali isn't as accomplished but is a similar circumstance.

Turk is long armed, lean, and lanky so the chance at OLB doesn't suprise me.

I wonder about Brian Johsnton if he is tried at OLB or DE. Studebaker probably will transition well at OLB too.

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2009, 03:54 PM
My friend is about to graduate and they aren't even taking interns at the moment. Thats how much of a lockdown they are on right now.

I would say its bc they are filled up.

Mr. Krab
04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info, but i seriously doubt anyone besides the Chiefs top brass know who's at the top of their draft chart. This is like top secret shit when it comes to the NFL. Unless the chiefs have some fake draft board setup in a room just for giggles.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:01 PM

He has played standing up before and has done a good job. I am anxious to see how it all plays out, but I have said that Tamba should be thrilled about this move since it happened.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
You know if Dorsey turned into a great NT I'd be thrilled. We'd have to be the luckiest team ever, to draft a cover 2 pass rushing DT and turn them into a NT. LMAO

Great players can work in just about any scheme. And, in any scheme, you can taylor it to your players.

Dorsey played similar to the way he will be asked at the nose in college, and even last year. He was lined up over center a lot last year.

And, with his short frame, he can get away with less overall mass due to leverage.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:05 PM
If you put Tamba Hali at outside backer, we're not talking bad. We're talking about embarrassing level bad that gets played over and over on ESPN and everyone laughs.

KCChiefsMan
04-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll take famous titties for 400 Alex.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I respect that. I'd be that way too. Not to nosey, that way you have a good repor with him.

Boone dropped weight last year and i could see him as a good fit at DE in the 34 much better than last year in the 43. I imagine Tank rotating at nt and possible tried at de too.

Hali, that's the only spot to try him at. Wouldn't suprise me at some point, maybe even training camp or after if he is traded if someone gets injured. Dallas hung onto Greg Ellis and he turned out to give them depth as a rusher at OLB after not really fitting the system, it turned out he did. Hali isn't as accomplished but is a similar circumstance.

Turk is long armed, lean, and lanky so the chance at OLB doesn't suprise me.

I wonder about Brian Johsnton if he is tried at OLB or DE. Studebaker probably will transition well at OLB too.

What's gonna have to be realized here is alot of these guys just played on a 2-14 team, several of them have been on the team for awhile. It's very possible that most of them will be replaced within a couple of years...not everyone is the future.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:12 PM
This....

Only reason he has mad skills is because Maycock said so, therefore the lemmings will follow...

I dissagree, but I can't knock you for that opinion. I think the only reason that many wanted Sanchez was because the Chiefs desperately needed (and may still need) a franchise QB and he was probably going to be the best one left.

Curry is a better tackling, stronger at the point of attack, more disciplined DJ. Many thought (Not me) that DJ would be rookie of the year when he was drafted.

Aaron Curry, to me, is like Tim Duncan. A guy that won't wow you. I completely admit that. He isn't 'flashy'. But, he, much like Duncan, will win his battles. He won't need help.... EVER. Drafting him makes that position a strength and you can roll coverage and run support to the other side away from him.

He may not make the highlight reels, but he will make the pro bowl, and he will make a huge difference.

I am not in favor of a LB, especially, ILB at #3 in most years. However, there is not a single other player that I think will make as much of an impact, especially from day one, for the Chiefs as he will. So, I am okay with it.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Comparing Curry to Tim Duncan isn't a good thing to do...

Tim Duncan plays an extremely valuable position and is good at everything. Curry's position isn't that valuable...

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:17 PM
What's gonna have to be realized here is alot of these guys just played on a 2-14 team, several of them have been on the team for awhile. It's very possible that most of them will be replaced within a couple of years...not everyone is the future.

The reality is that most players are replaced within a few years. That is why the draft is so important.

Raised On Riots
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Dumb as fuck comes in many shapes, sizes, and colors. You have witnessed a benchmark with this thread.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Comparing Curry to Tim Duncan isn't a good thing to do...

Tim Duncan plays an extremely valuable position and is good at everything. Curry's position isn't that valuable...

Fair point.

Kyle DeLexus
04-13-2009, 04:19 PM
I would say its bc they are filled up.

Just going by what I was told. According to him (who didn't even want to go there) the KC Chiefs are not accepting interns until further notice due to the management change.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Fair point.

If you want to compare Curry to a highly drafted NBA player that was good but wasn't good enough without anything else....

It's Iverson, great player but without a big man the true important position he just couldn't get it done. He doesn't share the same attitude but the playing similarities are there.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:25 PM
If you put Tamba Hali at outside backer, we're not talking bad. We're talking about embarrassing level bad that gets played over and over on ESPN and everyone laughs.

We'll see.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Tamba Hali got smoked by Trent Edwards running around him...how can anyone want that outside?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:27 PM
If you want to compare Curry to a highly drafted NBA player that was good but wasn't good enough without anything else....

It's Iverson, great player but without a big man the true important position he just couldn't get it done. He doesn't share the same attitude but the playing similarities are there.

Iverson is undersized, and isn't as fundamentally sound as Curry is. That is the greatness of his game that is missed. He plays the position the way you are supposed to.

booger
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM

I get that, really i do. What i respect though is how they aren't just tossing some of the young bucks aside like some GMs or HCs do when taking over.

For example with the following players:

Tamba - I agree with you. Coverage responsibilities even of a 34 OLB..... he isn't a Joey Porter type who is fluid in his drops and can take picked off pass back for a TD. He is a rusher who may be best always rushing instead of coverage even if the rush is just to set the edge. It might become clear pretty quick he doesn't fit. But there are injuries and come july, aug, sept, or before the trading deadline if you hang on to him as long as you can we can add a pick for '10. Just can't expect a first day pick in return with the type of player he is and the year he had last season.

Ron Edwards - I know he played the NT in the aggies wrecking crew 34 scheme in college. But he is almost 30, has had shoulder inj issues and hasn't been a clogger type. For us he's played mostly 3tech. And I don't see him as a DE type either. So we can try him but he's probably gonna get cut.

Tank - Has the weight but is top heavy to me anyway. Doesn't have the tree trunk legs like dorsey. So maybe he can play some snaps at NT but will likely have to adjust to DE. Like Tamba though if he doesn't work out he could be valueable to someone else in a DT rotation. The young guys are tradeable.

Turk - If he bulks up he would have the size and long arms for the 5tech de. As is though they can try him at OLB. We haven't seen the results but he is a guy i hope the new staff can bring out his full potential. Poor mans Adalius Thomas....maybe. Just throwing that comparrision around on what i think he could be. He could also bust and not fit in the 34. In that case he has the virsatility to be a rotaional DL and also contribute on special teams.

Johnston - People see the size and assume he could pack on 10 lbs or more and be a solid 5tech. I don't really think that as he had really short arms and would get thrown around by OT's. He's always been a guy to rush the QB. I don't see him being all that fluid playing in a 2 point on his feet either. If he gets cut, who cares. 7th rounder.

Pollard - No doubt he is at a crossroads. That ability is there he needs to produce and be consistant. If not he may be valuable as a 3rd S to someone else with his punt blocking talents on special teams. So he may have trade value or he could just be that backup with us beings this is his last year of his contract IIRC.

I just appreciate them trying to fit these guys in that we have spent high picks on. Even if i'm not going to hold my breath on the results.