PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs on the clock report (nfl network.)

Huffman83
04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Coming up soon.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:42 PM
They're going to give us an OT....

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Yay!

More poorly thought out smokescreens.

Pablo
04-13-2009, 04:44 PM
And with the 3rd overall pick in the 2009 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select:

Name: Jesus Christ

Position: Our Lord and Savior

School: Jerusalem State

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Who the fuck is Al Wallace?

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
JESUS SAVES!

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Postion: Our Lord and Savior

LMAO

Huffman83
that's what I was thinking....

Rausch
Whatever. Bringing in Thomas DOES NOT mean you'd pass on Curry.

The Bad Guy
The sad thing is, if we draft Curry and he turns out to be a good player, some on here will just hate on him because we took him too early.

Huffman83
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
"Is the town warming up to Matt Cassel?"

Micjones
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
The sad thing is, if we draft Curry and he turns out to be a good player, some on here will just hate on him because we took him too early.

Just what I was thinking.
Some people around these parts are gonna have a shit ton of crow to eat if Curry pans out.

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM

Frank - if he only becomes a "good" player, then people SHOULD hate on him.

Solid doesn't cut it that early - you better get a great, impact, game-changing player.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
What's your definition of good....

An ILB is going to have to be a dominant player for a very long period of time to justify that draft selection.

Rausch
Any expert predicting a Chiefs pick should just say "Day one we know they'll draft a safety."

Huffman83
I'm all about more early draft picks. But I'm hoping Curry is too good to pass up.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm all about more early draft picks. But I'm hoping Curry is too good to pass up.

Wait what?

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Any expert predicting a Chiefs pick should just say "Day one we know they'll draft a safety."

I'll take that next year...

The Bad Guy
04-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Solid doesn't cut it that early - you better get a great, impact, game-changing player.

I don't see an impact game changer in this draft. In 2 years, I may be wrong, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit with this draft.

I think most on here are too tied up into the fact that every year there are bonifide studs at the top. This year, there aren't. The draft isn't a cookie cutter situation.

Rausch
I'll take that next year...

Hold on, forgot the 3rd round is day 2 now...

RealSNR
If I had a crystal ball and I saw that Curry was the next Lawrence Taylor, I would draft him at 3, yes.

The odds of that happening? Mmmmnyorp.

SAUTO
04-13-2009, 04:54 PM
when is it going to be on?

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Hold on, forgot the 3rd round is day 2 now...

Like I said I'll take that next year...there's gonna be 2 of the best safety prospects ever in that class.

SAUTO
04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Like I said I'll take that next year...there's gonna be 2 of the best safety prospects ever in that class.

mays and.....

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:56 PM
mays and.....

Eric Berry.

SAUTO
04-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Eric Berry.

thanks

Mecca
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfRBFALl2E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfRBFALl2E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SAUTO
04-13-2009, 04:59 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfRBFALl2E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfRBFALl2E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i dont have time to watch right now, did he die??? wait it used to say berry tribute final

Dave Lane
04-13-2009, 05:01 PM

I don't like the pick at all at #3 but I'll understand if we do take him.

rockymtnchief
04-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm glad ya said Berry. I'm keeping close tabs on him this year.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM

Looks like a nice enough player, but that clip doesn't tell us crap.

There were at least 5 picks in there where the QB flat out threw the ball at him. The TD runback was Tebow hitting him in the chest and him getting a running start with only the QB to beat. He only made a couple of plays that I thought were good strong plays on the ball, the rest were just gimme picks or right place/right time fumble recoveries. Oh, and he's got Pollard's disease, kept going high with the shoulder.

I'm certainly not ready to place him up there with Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott on the basis of that clip.

Micjones
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Berry's supposed to be the better prospect of the two.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
He has better ball skills, he's not as physically impressive...they're very close.

Take into account that video is of him as a true freshman.

doomy3
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM

Berry's a freak.

He plays so fast and has great ball skills.

There were a couple shitty throws from Stafford on that video.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
If you really wanna compare them, Berry has better ball skills and has some return ability. Mays is has better measurables and runs faster and is more of a hitter.

They'll likely both be great players although I'm not sure Berry is going to remain a strong safety at the next level with his 5'11 200lb build unless he really is Ed Reed.

Micjones
04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
He has better ball skills, he's not as physically impressive...they're very close.

Take into account that video is of him as a true freshman.

So we're talking Ed Reed vs. Troy Polamalu?

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM

DJ is a good player. Drafted at #15 overall and disappointing ever since.

If we take Curry at #3 overall, he better be ALOT BETTER than "good".

Mecca
04-13-2009, 05:12 PM

In a way Berry is very similar to Reed in the way he's built and what he does. But I'm not sure there is a physical comparison for Mays, he is 6'3 230lbs and is the fastest guy on the SC roster, freaks like him are something to behold.

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't see an impact game changer in this draft. In 2 years, I may be wrong, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit with this draft.

I think most on here are too tied up into the fact that every year there are bonifide studs at the top. This year, there aren't. The draft isn't a cookie cutter situation.

All the more reason to take a player with more value as opposed to someone with the least amount of value.

If the entire upper end of the 1st round doesn't have any bonafide studs, then you have to compare them some other way. Position is a logical place to start. Which moves Curry down the list yet again.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Taylor Mays says hello.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv2iN4bUeVM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv2iN4bUeVM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't like the pick at all at #3 but I'll understand if we do take him.

This.

Just Passin' By
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
DJ is a good player. Drafted at #15 overall and disappointing ever since.

If we take Curry at #3 overall, he better be ALOT BETTER than "good".

This is where the problem lies in the Curry debate, from what I'm seeing here. There are no non-tackle prospects that one can reasonably and confidently claim will be "ALOT BETTER than "good"". It's just that kind of draft.

Just Passin' By
04-13-2009, 05:17 PM
All the more reason to take a player with more value as opposed to someone with the least amount of value.

If the entire upper end of the 1st round doesn't have any bonafide studs, then you have to compare them some other way. Position is a logical place to start. Which moves Curry down the list yet again.

Since there are no bonafide studs, the next move is to take the player you think is most likely to be a good player for you, regardless of position, but taking need into account. Your moving Curry would be all well and good IF THEY COULD TRADE THE PICK AND GET CURRY AT A LOWER SPOT. Since there is no publicly known likelihood of that, your codicil makes no sense.

KcFanInGA
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Holy shit! Thanks for posting that vid Mecca! I dont watch as much college ball as I should and had not heard about this guy Berry.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Personally I'm leaning Raji no NT for a 3-4 equals complete suck.

KcFanInGA
04-13-2009, 05:20 PM
We are going D in this draft. Our Offense actually scored a decent amount last year, so I have a feeling Pioli and Haley will be looking D for sure. I agree with waiting on a safety after watching Berry, and I see good Oline choices in this draft, so Im hoping we go that route.

KcFanInGA
04-13-2009, 05:22 PM

But can Raji play in the 4-3? They said we'd probably be using a mix this year, working into the 3-4 slowly. If he can then he'd make sense there.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Well he's been in a 4-3 in college...

RUSH
04-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Position: Our Lord and Savior

LOL...well played sir

DTLB58
04-13-2009, 05:35 PM

Holy crap! We agree!

:doh!:

DTLB58
04-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Mayock just said Monroe OT.

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2009, 05:37 PM
We are going D in this draft.

No.

This is a terrible year for defensive players. 2010 is the year for defensive players.

Why go against the draft? If you do that, it's called reaching.

The Chiefs need as many as three offensive lineman (four if Waters is moved).

It may not be "sexy" but this is the year for the line.

ModSocks
04-13-2009, 05:37 PM

As long as he plays RT.....I guess

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
But can Raji play in the 4-3? They said we'd probably be using a mix this year, working into the 3-4 slowly. If he can then he'd make sense there.

Most have said he's better-suited to be a 4-3 undertackle actually.

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Since there are no bonafide studs, the next move is to take the player you think is most likely to be a good player for you, regardless of position, but taking need into account. Your moving Curry would be all well and good IF THEY COULD TRADE THE PICK AND GET CURRY AT A LOWER SPOT. Since there is no publicly known likelihood of that, your codicil makes no sense.

I don't care if other teams are stupid enough to draft the guy in the top 5. I just hope the Chiefs aren't.

htismaqe
04-13-2009, 05:52 PM
No.

This is a terrible year for defensive players. 2010 is the year for defensive players.

I don't have a problem with taking linemen with every pick EXCEPT the #3 overall.

Priest31kc
04-13-2009, 06:12 PM
No.

Agreed, we got our QB, lets go get offense this offseason. It'll make us exciting to watch, get fans back, and we'll improve the defense next offseason and hopefully be major contenders in 2010.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm fine other than we shouldn't be taking an offensive lineman with a top 3 pick.

evolve27
04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm fine other than we shouldn't be taking an offensive lineman with a top 3 pick.

Zach Thomas signing speaks volumes or does it? The 2009 Mike Mayock NFL Draft is gonna blow up this year at pick 3.

Mecca
04-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Zach Thomas signing speaks volumes or does it?

What if BJ Raji is their guy?

evolve27
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
What if BJ Raji is their guy?

That'd be good! Never really thought of that. Stupid question, who's our D Coord.? I'm going to hell i know.

Huffman83
04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
For those that missed it, the video player on the right hand side of the page has the story.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC

Kyle DeLexus
04-13-2009, 07:07 PM
It'd be nice to trade down where we can pick up DHB and get a few more picks maybe pick up one of the pass rushing tweeners somewhere then build the line. Get one of the C's and revamp our right side. If we trade Tony for ATL's 2nd it would help this.

T-post Tom
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM

What? No "JFC" from the board arbiter of all things football? No casting of aspersions on Mayock's family? This is a first. :)

Pioli Zombie
04-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Yeah he better be a great, outstanding hall of famer like Mark Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

bowener
04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Taylor Mays says hello.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv2iN4bUeVM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Herbstreet is a pussy QB...."you cant do that..."

Bullshit, if I am a 230lb safety you'd better know that I am going to try and kill people. Plus, that was almost entirely all shoulder pad to the helmet.

EyePod
04-13-2009, 08:54 PM

An ILB is going to have to be a dominant player for a very long period of time to justify that draft selection.

Who do you think we should draft instead. I've seen you pick apart every single draft pick. MECCA - WHO SHOULD THE CHIEFS PICK IF THEY CAN'T TRADE DOWN?

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Who do you think we should draft instead. I've seen you pick apart every single draft pick. MECCA - WHO SHOULD THE CHIEFS PICK IF THEY CAN'T TRADE DOWN?

But you haven't seen him answer this very question eleventy billion times?

EyePod
04-13-2009, 08:57 PM

I could care less who I had out of that group. I'd be plenty satisfied with either.

EyePod
04-13-2009, 08:58 PM
But you haven't seen him answer this very question eleventy billion times?

Correct. I haven't seen him ever say anything. We all know that he wanted Sanchez. Who does he think the Chiefs should draft at #3. I know he says we screwed ourselves over by making our pick less valuable, but I don't know who he thinks we can get for the best value. I have gone out and said Crabtree is the best value we can get. I have not seen him say anyone.

Kyle DeLexus
04-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Correct. I haven't seen him ever say anything. We all know that he wanted Sanchez. Who does he think the Chiefs should draft at #3. I know he says we screwed ourselves over by making our pick less valuable, but I don't know who he thinks we can get for the best value. I have gone out and said Crabtree is the best value we can get. I have not seen him say anyone.

I've seen him say Raji many times actually.

EyePod
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I've seen him say Raji many times actually.

I must have missed it. I'm OK with Raji or Crabtree. I think the tackles are a waste.

milkman
04-13-2009, 09:10 PM

He has answered that question.

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2009, 09:10 PM

I don't have a problem with taking linemen with every pick EXCEPT the #3 overall.

Me, too. I'd be happy if the Chiefs selected three offense lineman in rounds 2-5 (if they recover a 2nd).

The line needs to be rebuilt.

NOW.

The Franchise
04-13-2009, 09:11 PM

Do you not read?

EyePod
04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Do you not read?

Nope, I don't read at all. It's because I have my foot in my mouth, and it's too hard to see because I'm all contorted....

milkman
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Nope, I don't read at all. It's because I have my foot in my mouth, and it's too hard to see because I'm all contorted....

That's OK, that's a position most of us are familiar with

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Taylor Mays says hello.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv2iN4bUeVM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

"But...but...Penn State sucks and USC never plays anyone good or great, so he CAN'T be good".

Our next performance of True Fan Theater will air at 10:00pm MST.
Thank you, that is all.

Piss on Mayock.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, he fucking better. For that grip, you are damned, fucking right.

Herbstreet is a pussy QB...."you cant do that..."

Bullshit, if I am a 230lb safety you'd better know that I am going to try and kill people. Plus, that was almost entirely all shoulder pad to the helmet.

That's what I saw.

soundmind
04-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Taylor Mays says hello.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv2iN4bUeVM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv2iN4bUeVM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If I'm not mistaken, this hit now costs 15yds and a first in the NFL???

I only hear and witness good things from Mays though, he looks legit. He really likes to hit, so if he can also show that hawking ability, I think there's a serious weapon heading into the NFL...

melbar
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM

I think he has as good a chance as anyone.

I go back to the useual question.

If that player isnt Curry. Then who for this team?

Reerun_KC
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Your damn right he better be... You draft an ILB at #3, that ****er better change the whole ****ing NFL with his play....

I dont want to waste a pick on a middle of the draft position, when I could potentially draft a QB.

chiefsfan1963
04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Your damn right he better be... You draft an ILB at #3, that ****er better change the whole ****ing NFL with his play....

I dont want to waste a pick on a middle of the draft position, when I could potentially draft a QB.

Allow me to interject the bottom line, please.

I call this one, "3rd Overall Yardstick":

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/TheYardstick.png

Quite so.

rad
04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
If Raji played UT in the 4-3 in college, would it be smart to draft him at 3 to play NT in 3-4? Wouldn't there be a curve? And with him being a pothead and dumber than a bag of hammers, is it safe to say he won't transition well? Or is it so easy a caveman can do it?

Mecca
04-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Any dumbass can play DT, it's not a thinking mans position.

rad
04-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Any dumbass can play DT, it's not a thinking mans position.

Motivation and stamina is, I imagine.

chiefsfan1963
04-13-2009, 11:16 PM
We going to get 2nd rounder for TG from Atlanta. So I like Monroe to complement Albert and then we have 2 more picks in the bottom 2nd and top 3rd. Pretty nice!
This is shaping up to being our best draft in a long time.

Thank God we finally have a clean slate in the front office and coaching staff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I like Monroe to complement Albert

:banghead:

chiefsfan1963
04-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Any chance we get a first rounder for LJ before the draft? That wouldn't be surprising move by pioli. 2 1st's, a 2nd, and top 3rd would be awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Any chance we get a first rounder for LJ before the draft? That wouldn't be surprising move by pioli. 2 1st's, a 2nd, and top 3rd would be awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device

Picard, please...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Picard, please...

Never mind; I found a two-fer:

http://www.aura-forums.com/natty/PicardRikerPalm.jpg

El Jefe
04-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
04-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Posted via Mobile DeviceROFL

Reerun_KC
04-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2425121831_bb639583d8.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Can anybody say "Eugene Monroe"

58-4ever
04-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Can anybody say "Eugene Monroe"

not without throwing up in my mouth a little.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-14-2009, 08:12 AM
well thats who Maycock picked for us.

Pablo
04-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Posted via Mobile DeviceAny chance you ever look over at your little red rep boxes and wonder why?

And no. No f*cking chance.

Reerun_KC
04-14-2009, 08:20 AM
well thats who Maycock picked for us.

May"cock" has no fucking clue who the Chefs will draft, therefore he is pulling everything out of his ass to try and maintain some sort of credibility... "Not saying he is very credible to begin with".

Warrior5
04-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Any chance we get a first rounder for LJ before the draft?
Posted via Mobile Device

no, and please don't bring this up again.

Warrior5
04-14-2009, 09:01 AM
We going to get 2nd rounder for TG from Atlanta.Posted via Mobile Device

no; evidently Pioli told Atlanta to pound sand.

Stryker
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
If TG is off to Atlanta, then what about Crabtree in the first, RT and C with the 2nd and 3rd? Most of you have stated this is an offense deep draft. Build offensive line and such this year - D next year? Just a thought.

htismaqe
04-14-2009, 10:05 AM
If TG is off to Atlanta, then what about Crabtree in the first, RT and C with the 2nd and 3rd? Most of you have stated this is an offense deep draft. Build offensive line and such this year - D next year? Just a thought.

Sounds just fine to me.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 10:05 AM
If Raji played UT in the 4-3 in college, would it be smart to draft him at 3 to play NT in 3-4? Wouldn't there be a curve? And with him being a pothead and dumber than a bag of hammers, is it safe to say he won't transition well? Or is it so easy a caveman can do it?

All you need to do to be a good NT is to be big, strong, and not easy to move at all.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Any chance you ever look over at your little red rep boxes and wonder why?

And no. No f*cking chance.

I'm not going to disagree with him that it would awesome though (although it's not going to happen).

ChiTown
04-14-2009, 10:07 AM

I'd be all over that like a cheap suit.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd be all over that like a cheap suit.

The only thing I hate is that we had the WORST SACK #'s IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME. EVER. How do you not address defense? Are we the fucking Lions? God I hope not.

Stryker
04-14-2009, 10:26 AM
The only thing I hate is that we had the WORST SACK #'s IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME. EVER. How do you not address defense? Are we the fucking Lions? God I hope not.

Actually, I do not buy that at all. I believe this would put us from the 2 -14 team we are instantly back to the same team we were in year one with DV. An offensive juggarnaut with repairs needed on D that can be addressed next season. Back on track for contention in 2010.

Skyy God
04-14-2009, 10:30 AM

So we should draft a poor value (Curry) or redundant (Monroe, Raji) player in the first and the best available defenders in the 2nd & 3rd just b/c our d sucked last year? Brilliant!

If the best available talent/need mix works out to be Crabtree, C, & RT, I'd be estatic.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Actually, I do not buy that at all. I believe this would put us from the 2 -14 team we are instantly back to the same team we were in year one with DV. An offensive juggarnaut with repairs needed on D that can be addressed next season. Back on track for contention in 2010.

OK, I couldn't find the stats for 2001, but :

Year Sacks
2002 34
2003 36
2004 41
2005 29

Those numbers are all a lot higher than the Chiefs whopping 10 last season. I don't see how we increase our stats to the same as DV's just by increasing our offensive power.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 10:32 AM
So we should draft a poor value (Curry) or redundant (Monroe, Raji) player in the first and the best available defenders in the 2nd & 3rd just b/c our d sucked last year? Brilliant!

If the best available talent/need mix works out to be Crabtree, C, & RT, I'd be estatic.

I love the Crabtree pick too, but I just think we need to address our defense somehow. Do you really think that Tank can pull off the NT position?

Buehler445
04-14-2009, 10:41 AM
OK, I couldn't find the stats for 2001, but :

Year Sacks
2002 34
2003 36
2004 41
2005 29

Those numbers are all a lot higher than the Chiefs whopping 10 last season. I don't see how we increase our stats to the same as DV's just by increasing our offensive power.

Jesus fuck. Last year's team was aweful. Fuck you, Herm. Seriously.

I hope things will be better defensively.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
04-14-2009, 10:46 AM
I love the Crabtree pick too, but I just think we need to address our defense somehow. Do you really think that Tank can pull off the NT position?

We can address our defense next year, when the defensive talent will be better.

And I sincerely think the staff is going to put Dorsey at NT.

Buehler445
04-14-2009, 10:48 AM

Really? Gahhh. Wasn't he a penetrator in college?
Posted via Mobile Device

shitgoose
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Taylor Mays says hello.

This guy is a freak. Would love to see him in Chiefs uniform next season.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 10:52 AM

That's not what Tank Tyler said:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/4/14/834390/some-news-on-the-chiefs-defensive

Also, Tank really fits into that size bracket needed for the NT position.

Here are all the NT's in the league, and their average/stdev of height and weight. Tank fits in both. BJ Raji is actually smaller in height (but not weight) for the NT position.

Actual NT players:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 392pt;" width="522" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 87pt;" width="116"> <col style="width: 84pt;" width="112"> <col style="width: 104pt;" width="138"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 69pt;" width="92"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl63" style="height: 15pt; width: 87pt;" width="116" height="20">Player</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 84pt;" width="112">Weight (pounds)</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 104pt;" width="138">Height (Feet, Inches)</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 69pt;" width="92">Total (inches)</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jay Alford</td> <td align="right">304</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Remi Ayodele</td> <td align="right">318</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Alan Branch</td> <td align="right">332</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">5</td> <td align="right">77</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Adam Carriker</td> <td align="right">308</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">78</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Kendrick Clancy</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">73</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Barry Cofield</td> <td align="right">306</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Lamar Divens</td> <td align="right">333</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Fred Evans</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Chris Hoke</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Maake Kemoeatu</td> <td align="right">345</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">5</td> <td align="right">77</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Scott Paxson</td> <td align="right">292</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Clifton Ryan</td> <td align="right">316</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Brian Schaefering</td> <td align="right">295</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Isaac Sopoaga</td> <td align="right">330</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Gabe Watson</td> <td align="right">332</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Vince Wilfork</td> <td align="right">325</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Willie Williams</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Average Weight</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">315.1</td> <td>Average Height</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">75.3</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">STDEV</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">15.2</td> <td>STDEV</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">1.4</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Prospective NT players:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 337pt;" width="448" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 68pt;" width="90"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 104pt;" width="138"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 69pt;" width="92"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt; width: 68pt;" width="90" height="20">Player</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Weight (pounds)</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 104pt;" width="138">Height (Feet, Inches)</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 69pt;" width="92">Total (inches)</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Tank Tyler</td> <td align="right">306</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">B.J. Raji</td> <td align="right">323</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">73</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Glenn Dorsey</td> <td align="right">297</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">73</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Tank actually fits the mold the best out of the three. Glenn is too short and small. Raji is too short. Tank is within the weight and height.

EyePod
Really? Gahhh. Wasn't he a penetrator in college?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. There is absolutely no way we will play Dorsey at NT. It is very illogical.

Skyy God

From my perspective, we've invested way too much in the D-line over the last 3 years to neglect an O-line that'a sorely in need of a talent infusion in a deep draft.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-14-2009, 10:55 AM
And Tank can Bench 225 pounds 4 Billion times

SBK
04-14-2009, 10:59 AM

If we're not taking a QB at 3 (and we probably aren't) this seems to be the most obvious choice. I tend to doubt they'd take Raji at 3, which is the only other guy that makes any sense for a pick that high.

htismaqe
04-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes. There is absolutely no way we will play Dorsey at NT. It is very illogical.

Well, Haley said they had a spot for him. And he's supposedly up to 330 pounds.

And the rumor mill is hot with talk of him playing NT.

Too much smoke not to be a fire of some kind.

htismaqe
04-14-2009, 11:16 AM
From my perspective, we've invested way too much in the D-line over the last 3 years to neglect an O-line that'a sorely in need of a talent infusion in a deep draft.

Yep.

We can get 2 or even 3 starting offensive linemen in this draft and that's without using the #3 on a tackle. This is an immensely deep draft on the offensive side of the ball.

EyePod
04-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Could you show me the rumors? I must have missed these. And I'm worried about him adding on 30 lbs in one offseason.... Unless it's all muscle...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-14-2009, 11:29 AM
This is going to be the most boring draft in the history of God. :shake:

bdeg
04-14-2009, 11:31 AM

He said he thought Dorsey would have 'an attacking role'

SAUTO
04-14-2009, 11:45 AM

I THINK you are right. try him here for a year if he doesnt work try to trade him, someone will give up a good pick/player for his potential

kcbubb
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
That's not what Tank Tyler said:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/4/14/834390/some-news-on-the-chiefs-defensive

Also, Tank really fits into that size bracket needed for the NT position.

Here are all the NT's in the league, and their average/stdev of height and weight. Tank fits in both. BJ Raji is actually smaller in height (but not weight) for the NT position.

Actual NT players:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 392pt;" width="522" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 87pt;" width="116"> <col style="width: 84pt;" width="112"> <col style="width: 104pt;" width="138"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 69pt;" width="92"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl63" style="height: 15pt; width: 87pt;" width="116" height="20">Player</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 84pt;" width="112">Weight (pounds)</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 104pt;" width="138">Height (Feet, Inches)</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
</td> <td class="xl63" style="width: 69pt;" width="92">Total (inches)</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jay Alford</td> <td align="right">304</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Remi Ayodele</td> <td align="right">318</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Alan Branch</td> <td align="right">332</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">5</td> <td align="right">77</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Adam Carriker</td> <td align="right">308</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">78</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Kendrick Clancy</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">73</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Barry Cofield</td> <td align="right">306</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Lamar Divens</td> <td align="right">333</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Fred Evans</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Chris Hoke</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Maake Kemoeatu</td> <td align="right">345</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">5</td> <td align="right">77</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Scott Paxson</td> <td align="right">292</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Clifton Ryan</td> <td align="right">316</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">75</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Brian Schaefering</td> <td align="right">295</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Isaac Sopoaga</td> <td align="right">330</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Gabe Watson</td> <td align="right">332</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Vince Wilfork</td> <td align="right">325</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Willie Williams</td> <td align="right">305</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">76</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Average Weight</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">315.1</td> <td>Average Height</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">75.3</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">STDEV</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">15.2</td> <td>STDEV</td> <td class="xl64" align="right">1.4</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Prospective NT players:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 337pt;" width="448" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 68pt;" width="90"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 104pt;" width="138"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 69pt;" width="92"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt; width: 68pt;" width="90" height="20">Player</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Weight (pounds)</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 104pt;" width="138">Height (Feet, Inches)</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
</td> <td class="xl65" style="width: 69pt;" width="92">Total (inches)</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Tank Tyler</td> <td align="right">306</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">74</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">B.J. Raji</td> <td align="right">323</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">73</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Glenn Dorsey</td> <td align="right">297</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">73</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Tank actually fits the mold the best out of the three. Glenn is too short and small. Raji is too short. Tank is within the weight and height.

no way Tank is 306. I'm not buying it. He's huge. Definitely more than 9 #s heavier than Dorsey.

bdeg
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Those are old weight #s. I didn't see that article before, funny the author thinks Johnston will be a 3-4 end.

Not surprised about the Tank/Dorsey implications though.

ct
04-14-2009, 12:48 PM

I agree here. No way I want to spend #3 and #5 in back to back years on DTs. Especially when Raji has the drug issue hanging over his head.

How can people say no to Curry #3, but be ok with Raji #3 with all the baggage he brings for that investment?

Try Dorsey/Tank for this year and focus on BAA, which Raji ain't anyway.

kysirsoze
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Yup.

Chiefnj2
04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
What's the deal with the KC media? Can't anyone get a hold of the players to see how they look?