PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'

petegz28
04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 12, 2009
9:40 pm Eastern

2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the document, first reported by talk-radio host and WND columnist Roger Hedgecock, goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94803

What kind of partisan bullshit is this? So opposing illegal immirgration and increased federal taxes is extreme and Right-Wing?

G T F O !!!!

petegz28
04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
WTF????

Last month, the chief of the Missouri highway patrol blasted a report issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center that linked conservative groups to domestic terrorism, assuring that such reports no longer will be issued. The report had been compiled with the assistance of DHS.

The report warned law enforcement agencies to watch for suspicious individuals who may have bumper stickers for third-party political candidates such as Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.

It further warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes.

I am so glad I bought my guns already!!! So DHS is starting to make a move on our 1st Amendment!!!

And since when is it radically religous to oppose illegal immigration?

petegz28
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
sorry for repost...I missed the other thread

Nightwish
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Uh, I'll believe all this when I see it in a journal more reliable than World Nut Daily. There are very few journals (and I use the term loosely) out there that have been caught in the act of completely fabricating stories more often than them.

SNR
04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
This is a fairly old item, but still worth the mention. Pretty funny how they singled out 3rd party voters... in that really not funny way of course.

Nightwish
04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
This is a fairly old item, but still worth the mention. Pretty funny how they singled out 3rd party voters... in that really not funny way of course.
I don't know that they actually did. When you compare the AP article on this that Banyon posted, to the WND article that pete posted, it's pretty easy to see how much license and liberty WND took with the story, so it would not be at all surprising to find that they made that part up, or spun it so far from reality that it doesn't come close to portraying what was really said. It certainly wouldn't be the first time WND pulled a stunt like that. They're as bad as Newsmax when it comes to that, if not worse.

Nightwish
04-14-2009, 11:38 PM
What kind of partisan bullshit is this?

The WND kind.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Ron Paul and many others threatened lawsuits so the language was changed.

MY RESPONSE TO M.I.A.C. REPORT

By Chuck Baldwin
March 24, 2009
NewsWithViews.com

By now, readers should be familiar with the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) report dated 02/20/09 and titled, "MIAC Strategic Report: The Modern Militia Movement." In this dreadfully malicious and slanderous "law enforcement sensitive" secret police report, Governor Jeremiah (Jay) Nixon; John Britt, Director of the Missouri Department of Public Safety; James Keathley, Colonel, Missouri State Highway Patrol; and Van Godsey, Director of MIAC categorize certain citizens as being potential violence-prone "militia members." I would venture to guess that more than 75% of the entire population of the United States would fit the MIAC's broad definition of someone who would fall into the aforementioned category.

According to the MIAC report, if you oppose any of the following, you could qualify for being profiled as a potential dangerous "militia member":

The United Nations
The New World Order
Gun Control
The violation of Posse Comitatus
The Federal Reserve
The Income Tax
The Ammunition and Accountability Act
A possible Constitutional Convention
The North American Union
Universal Service Program
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Abortion
Illegal Immigration

Again, I would bet that at least 75% of the American people would oppose at least one or more items on the above list. Well, according to the MIAC report, that is sufficient to make them potential dangerous "militia members."

However, it is the following statement contained in the MIAC report that is particularly disturbing to yours truly. Under the heading "Political Paraphernalia," the report states, "Militia members most commonly associate with 3rd party political groups. It is not uncommon for militia members to display Constitutional [sic] Party, Campaign for Liberty, or Libertarian material. These members are usually supporters of former Presidential Candidate [sic]: Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr."

The obvious inference of the above statement links Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and myself to potential dangerous "militia members." The broader implication is that the millions of people who supported Ron Paul, Bob Barr, or myself are likewise categorized as potential dangerous "militia members." This is a classic case of broad-brushed police profiling. Can you imagine the fallout of this preposterous report had the names Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Maxine Waters been used instead of the names Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr?

Accordingly, Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and I wrote a formal letter to the above-named Missouri officials demanding "that the following-described document be immediately removed from any and all websites associated with or maintained by the state of Missouri or any agency thereof, including the MIAC; that the said document no longer be circulated by the state of Missouri or any agency thereof or associated therewith; and that the state of Missouri repudiate its references to the three of us contained therein."

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin500.htm

***SPRAYER
04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/diversitylane_suspicious.jpg

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh wow, this is startli--

http://mediamatters.org/items/200904160006?f=h_latest

An April 16 Washington Post article about" widespread criticism of a leaked domestic intelligence report warning local law enforcement agencies to be on guard for right-wing extremist groups seeking new recruits amid the nation's economic troubles" reported that American Legion national commander David K. Rehbein said the report was "incomplete and politically biased." However, the article did not mention that the Department of Homeland Security also issued an assessment on January 26 of left-wing extremism, concluding that "a number of emerging trends point to leftwing extremists maturing and expanding their cyber attack capabilities over the next decade with the aim of attacking targets in the United States."

Additionally, the Post did not note that the DHS assessment cited a 2008 FBI report -- authored during the Bush administration -- as evidence that "some returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have joined extremist groups." In the July 2008 FBI report, titled "White Supremacist Recruitment of Military Personnel since 9/11," the FBI's Counterterrorism Division determined with "[h]igh confidence" that "[m]ilitary experience is found throughout the white supremacist extremist movement as the result of recruitment campaigns by extremist groups and self-recruitment by veterans sympathetic to white supremacist causes." The 2008 report further stated that a "review of FBI white supremacist extremist cases from October 2001 to May 2008 identified 203 individuals with confirmed or claimed military service active in the extremist movement at some time during the reporting period," and that "[a]ccording to FBI information, an estimated 19 veterans (approximately 9 percent of the 203) have verified or unverified service in the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan."whooooooooooooooa FEED THE PERSECUTION COMPLEX

KC native
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
bump

petegz28
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM
bump

Let me know when we one does something.

banyon
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Let me know when we one does something.

Did DHS take your guns yet Pete?

petegz28
01-10-2011, 09:27 PM

yet being the key word.

banyon
01-10-2011, 09:28 PM
yet being the key word.

Sure, Obama was just ingeniously waiting until his party lost power in Congress. Brilliant!

petegz28
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Sure, Obama was just ingeniously waiting until his party lost power in Congress. Brilliant!

You said DHS, now you switch to Obama. Ok.

banyon
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM

Are you aware that DHS is a cabinet agency?

petegz28
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Are you aware that DHS is a cabinet agency?

Hmm, you think they will go away after Obama???:hmmm:

banyon
01-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Hmm, you think they will go away after Obama???:hmmm:

No, but I do know that Obama is ultimately responsible for their policies during his tenure in office, whereas you apparently wanted to make some kind of obtuse distinction.

petegz28
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
No, but I do know that Obama is ultimately responsible for their policies during his tenure in office, whereas you apparently wanted to make some kind of obtuse distinction.

They are already talking about trying to get another "assault" weapon ban and outlawing any semi-automatic handguns and such. Let's not pretend that there isn't a good part of the Democratic party that would indeed like to take our guns away.

banyon
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
They are already talking about trying to get another "assault" weapon ban and outlawing any semi-automatic handguns and such. Let's not pretend that there isn't a good part of the Democratic party that would indeed like to take our guns away.

Again, black or white. Take our guns away or unlimited gun rights.

I'm bored with your inability to make distinctions that should be basic. Good night.

Direckshun
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM

lol

Chiefshrink
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Let's see we have Chris Matthews,Ed Shultz,Hillary Clinton and Sheriff Dipstick trying to pin this on "Conservatives"(ala Palin,Limbaugh,Levin,Savage etc...)ala, Alinsky move. They are so desperate to pin 'anything' on the conservative tea party movement in order to stop their momentum:thumb:

And now we are back to the "white angry so-called racist male":rolleyes:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez:doh!::banghead::doh!::banghead:

Lzen
01-12-2011, 09:54 AM

No, but it appears that some would like to continue working on it.

Amid the mourning, Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., a longtime advocate of gun control, said he would introduce legislation later this month to ban high-capacity ammunition clips. The measure would re-establish a prohibition that lapsed in 2004 on clips that feed more than 10 rounds at a time.
"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly. These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market," Lautenberg said in a statement.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40998939/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

banyon
01-12-2011, 05:30 PM
No, but it appears that some would like to continue working on it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40998939/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

I didn't realize a clip smaller than 30 rounds meant you couldn't have a gun.