PDA

View Full Version : Electronics So much for Sprint having good customer service again...

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
The wife's phone takes a crap on Friday and the technician that I talk to says that they'll send out a BRAND NEW phone. I get the phone today and it's refurbished and the screen is crooked. That's right.....crooked. The damn thing dips down and to the left.

I call in and I've now talked to 8 people. Two people have told me that I will get a new phone....yet when I talk to a supervisor...they say that they can't send me a new phone.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Fuck Sprint. They treat potential customers 10 times better than they do the customers that they already have.

KC native
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Go to a sprint store and bitch at a manager. If they have a replacement in stock they should give it to you. They might not have the same phone in stock though in which case you will have to depend on the phone reps.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
The wife's phone takes a crap on Friday and the technician that I talk to says that they'll send out a BRAND NEW phone. I get the phone today and it's refurbished and the screen is crooked. That's right.....crooked. The damn thing dips down and to the left.

I call in and I've now talked to 8 people. Two people have told me that I will get a new phone....yet when I talk to a supervisor...they say that they can't send me a new phone.

**** Sprint. They treat potential customers 10 times better than they do the customers that they already have.

Just like in every job... some people know what they are doing and do their job right... others don't or just don't give a crap.

Every cell phone company has its problems... good luck finding one that doesn't.

I would suggest going to a Sprint corporate store (not all stores are corporate ones... and there may not be one in your area even).. The corporate stores though will bend over backwards for everyone.

FYI, you will rarely if ever get a NEW phone... most of the time they are refurbished. Oh, and I hope/assume you had insurance on it.

jimhitter
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I dumped those fools 6 years ago. Not surprised to see they haven't changed a bit. My phone used to drop calls regularly when I drove past their headquartes on Nall.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Go to a sprint store and bitch at a manager. If they have a replacement in stock they should give it to you. They might not have the same phone in stock though in which case you will have to depend on the phone reps.

Not always wise... some times it pays to actually be nice and respectful and not an ass.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Just like in every job... some people know what they are doing and do their job right... others don't or just don't give a crap.

Every cell phone company has its problems... good luck finding one that doesn't.

I would suggest going to a Sprint corporate store (not all stores are corporate ones... and there may not be one in your area even).. The corporate stores though will bend over backwards for everyone.

FYI, you will rarely if ever get a NEW phone... most of the time they are refurbished. Oh, and I hope/assume you had insurance on it.

I have insurance on it.

I know you don't get a new phone but considering I asked if it was new....and the guy said yes that it would be new.....multiple times. Two different fucking people.

How hard is it to send me a new phone because the one you sold me took a crap? You give them away for free to customers who sign up. It's not like I'm asking for a brand new fucking Blackberry. It's a Palm Centro for christsakes.

Demonpenz
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
palm centro's have screen problems

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I have insurance on it.

I know you don't get a new phone but considering I asked if it was new....and the guy said yes that it would be new.....multiple times. Two different ****ing people.

How hard is it to send me a new phone because the one you sold me took a crap? You give them away for free to customers who sign up. It's not like I'm asking for a brand new ****ing Blackberry. It's a Palm Centro for christsakes.

NEWS FLASH:

People are ignorant or stupid. A select few can do their jobs correctly.

KC native
04-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Not always wise... some times it pays to actually be nice and respectful and not an ass.

Should have clarified. When I said bitch, I meant complain and don't make it personal. Sprint managers are terribly micromanaged so sometimes they can help and sometimes they really can't. If you're a pr*ck they're not going to help you but if you go in there,complain calmly, and reasonably state your case they will likely help you.

Edit: I don't work at sprint but have a friend who is a store manager and has been with sprint for 5-7 years.

The Franchise
NEWS FLASH:

People are ignorant or stupid. A select few can do their jobs correctly.

NEWS FLASH:

I understand that. I used to work in Customer Service.

The Franchise
Should have clarified. When I said bitch, I meant complain and don't make it personal. Sprint managers are terribly micromanaged so sometimes they can help and sometimes they really can't. If you're a pr*ck they're not going to help you but if you go in there,complain calmly, and reasonably state your case they will likely help you.

Yeah....but how do I find out where the corporate stores are located at? I'm not going to walk into a regular Sprint store....they aren't going to do shit for me.

tomahawk kid
04-20-2009, 02:18 PM

THIS.

Even if they don't have a like phone in stock, they should be able to give you a suitable replacement.

KC native
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah....but how do I find out where the corporate stores are located at? I'm not going to walk into a regular Sprint store....they aren't going to do shit for me.

Epitome wrote about the corporate stores. I don't know how to tell the difference. My friend works at one so anytime I need anything he takes care of it for me and I just see him when he gets off work.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Not sure on that... I just know the ones in the KC area.

Some of the Sprint affiliates will help, but as KC native said they are micromanaged and a lot of the times the technician in the store can't do much for you.

(Btw, the wife works at one here in KC so I hear all of the venting from her. She works with some morons... including her boss.)

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Apparently in my area.....the only places that can switch out phones are the Repair Centers....so now I'm calling them.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Epitome wrote about the corporate stores. I don't know how to tell the difference. My friend works at one so anytime I need anything he takes care of it for me and I just see him when he gets off work.

I have no clue where to find the corporate ones, however, some are owned by an affliate, i.e. Wireless Lifestyles. They are held to standards, but not necessarily the same ones that the corporate ones are.

These affliates have officials that come in and keep tabs on the stores, but even some of the Sprint people are bad about making sure everything is kept up to par.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Apparently in my area.....the only places that can switch out phones are the Repair Centers....so now I'm calling them.

Sweet.....and they can't do anything unless I bought my phone from them. I'm really starting to get fucking pissed right now.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Sweet.....and they can't do anything unless I bought my phone from them. I'm really starting to get ****ing pissed right now.

That's not true. Something is f'ed in your area. They should be able to escalate you and be able to help you out.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
That's not true. Something is f'ed in your area. They should be able to escalate you and be able to help you out.

I'm basically getting passed around right now.....and I'm starting to get pissed.

How hard is it to just send out a new phone? I've been with Sprint for over 4 years now. Seriously...the only reason I stay with them is because the Family Data Plan.

KC native
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Sweet.....and they can't do anything unless I bought my phone from them. I'm really starting to get ****ing pissed right now.

Don't call. Go to the closest Sprint store. Request to speak with the manager and calmly explain what's going on. If he can't help you ask/push him to tell you how you would be able to get it changed out today. He will more than likely tell you what it will take to get it righted.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm basically getting passed around right now.....and I'm starting to get pissed.

How hard is it to just send out a new phone? I've been with Sprint for over 4 years now. Seriously...the only reason I stay with them is because the Family Data Plan.

Let me talk to the wife tonight and if it doesn't get resolved she may have a way of helping. No promises though.

epitome1170
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Don't call. Go to the closest Sprint store. Request to speak with the manager and calmly explain what's going on. If he can't help you ask/push him to tell you how you would be able to get it changed out today. He will more than likely tell you what it will take to get it righted.

And THIS.

Also, calmly stating how long you have been with them and how you would like to stay with them usually has some buying power.

KC native
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM

Whatever you do, don't cuss out a phone rep because they will put notes on your account that everyone can see and it greatly reduces your chances of being helped.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Or just tell them you will dump them if you dont get what u want??

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Whatever you do, don't cuss out a phone rep because they will put notes on your account that everyone can see and it greatly reduces your chances of being helped.

I've explained it to 8 people now......calmly I might add. I've even laid out all of the times that I've gotten refurbished phones...and how they go to crap after a month. As I said...I used to work in customer service....so I know not to be a dick when I'm calling in.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Let me talk to the wife tonight and if it doesn't get resolved she may have a way of helping. No promises though.

Sweet....I appreciate it.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:41 PM

And why do I have a feeling that I'm going to get the "We can't do anything" excuse followed by a dumb look. There is a reason why I don't buy anything from these stores.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2009, 02:43 PM
If companies paid employees an actual living wage then they could reasonably expect more from their employees. They don't, and their employees don't, and it's still the companies responsiblity. While Sprint has been good to me as of late, this notion that some employees don't know what the hell they're doing has never held any weight with me. The solution is simple; hire competent, capable employees, and then pay them a wage that will encourage them to stick around for awhile. If you don't, and shit goes bad, I blame you.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not letting this shit die. I WILL get a gatdamn new phone out of this deal.

I got fucked a year ago because my Palm Treo (that I paid $300 for) took a shit....and all they would do was send me a refurbished phone. I got that one in the mail....and it proceeded to take a shit within the month. They refused to send me a new phone and I had to pay more money just to get a different phone. I'm not getting fucked this time. Do you hear me Sprint?

I'M NOT GETTING FUCKED THIS TIME!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
SECURITY!!!!!

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
SECURITY!!!!!

DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 09:29 AM
YEAH BITCHES................NEW PHONE!!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2009, 11:07 AM
YEAH BITCHES................NEW PHONE!!!!!!!

What'd ya get, homie?

gblowfish
04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Sprint sucks ass. So does Comcast. I hate them both.

tomahawk kid
04-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Sprint sucks ass. So does Comcast. I hate them both.

What happened that soured you on Sprint?

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 11:25 AM
I know people that hate Sprint and love X company. Personally, I've never had an issue with Sprint and wouldn't go anywhere else.

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 11:36 AM
What'd ya get, homie?

The new version of the Palm Centro. It's for my wife. I finally bitched enough to Sprint that they gave me a new phone for free.

CoMoChief
04-30-2009, 11:50 AM

**** Sprint. They treat potential customers 10 times better than they do the customers that they already have.

They've done the exact same thing to me before. They even went as far as to telling me that they will be sending a box in the mail with a pre-paid label for me to shop the re-furbished phone back to them, but that would take about 5-7 business days. 10 days later I call back in because no box ever came, turns out they flat out lied to me and no one even logged in their phone convo that I had even called. No box, no new phone, nothing, as if the initial phone call didn't even happen.

I blew up at them and immediately asked to speak to an american (because they were all Ji-habs before) that spoke fluent english.

Finally after almost 2 hrs get an american supervisor on the phone and he sent me a new phone like the damn contract says.

So really, if you bitch enough, you can get your way, it just takes a few phone calls, which clearly explains why their lines are always backed up and busy, why holding time is crazy long, and why Sprint earlier a couple yrs ago paid for some of their customers to go away because they keep calling in hogging the lines, Now I can see why some people do it.

acesn8s
04-30-2009, 11:57 AM
NEWS FLASH:

People are ignorant or stupid. A select few can do their jobs correctly.Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't hire the select few.

I don't know why anybody uses Sprint anymore.

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't hire the select few.

I don't know why anybody uses Sprint anymore.

Because their "Everything Data" Plan is fucking way cheaper than any other company right now.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Because their "Everything Data" Plan is fucking way cheaper than any other company right now.

No doubt. Just switched over to this when I got my Blackberry.

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
No doubt. Just switched over to this when I got my Blackberry.

How do you like it? The Blackberry that is...

acesn8s
04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Because their "Everything Data" Plan is ****ing way cheaper than any other company right now.Apparently, so are their phones.

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Apparently, so are their phones.

Look....cell phones in general are a fucking rip off. They're not meant to last that long and the customer service is complete crap no matter where you go. It would be the same if I went with AT&T then if I went with Verizon.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
How do you like it? The Blackberry that is...

Compared to my last phone, this one is made by angels.

Honestly, I've had it for about 3 weeks and love it. Still just getting everything down, but I really like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Look....cell phones in general are a fucking rip off. They're not meant to last that long and the customer service is complete crap no matter where you go. It would be the same if I went with AT&T then if I went with Verizon.

Yup. Doesn't matter the company name, the customer service is the same.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Yup. Doesn't matter the company name, the customer service is the same.

That fucking rhymes! I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Compared to my last phone, this one is made by angels.

Honestly, I've had it for about 3 weeks and love it. Still just getting everything down, but I really like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

That's cool man. I'm glad you're happy with it. I'm happy for the most part....I just wish sending pictures were easier.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
That's cool man. I'm glad you're happy with it. I'm happy for the most part....I just wish sending pictures were easier.

Haven't tried to do that yet....let me guess....you have to do it as an attachment.

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Haven't tried to do that yet....let me guess....you have to do it as an attachment.

Try.....you have to send it as an e-mail. So you would have to get that person's e-mail address that is connected to their phone. Like if they're with Sprint....it's:

##########@sprintwireless.com

Yeah....fucking shitty.

gblowfish
04-30-2009, 12:23 PM
What happened that soured you on Sprint?

They jerked me around about replacing a razr phone that went bad after about six months. When they finally replaced it, the kid tried to rip off a 2GB memory chip I had put in the old phone, and replaced it with a much smaller one in the new phone, even after I told them I wanted the chip from the old phone put into the new phone. I checked it before I left the store, the tech kid lied and said there was no 2GB chip in the old phone, asked for a supervisor, he walked out with the 2GB chip about five minutes later saying "It fell on the floor."
Yeah, sure it did....

Guess ripping me off on my monthly bill isn't enough. As soon as my contract is over (July) I'm going to get an I-Phone and go ATT.

acesn8s
04-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Yup. Doesn't matter the company name, the customer service is the same.I will disagree with that statement. Companies with better customer service excel over those with bad service. Sprint had good service until they started to position themselves for a possible sale to MCI. They cut cost everywhere, got their stock price high then the Gov't said no to the merger and they never went back to what made them in the 1st place. And their stock plummeted and is still in the shit.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I will disagree with that statement. Companies with better customer service excel over those with bad service. Sprint had good service until they started to position themselves for a possible sale to MCI. They cut cost everywhere, got their stock price high then the Gov't said no to the merger and they never went back to what made them in the 1st place. And their stock plummeted and is still in the shit.

Sometime in this decade corporate America has shifted their philosophy from "The customer is always right" to "The customer is always there."

The Franchise
04-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Sometime in this decade corporate America has shifted their philosophy from "The customer is always right" to "The customer is always there."

Unfortunately because they ARE always there. Customers are always switching back and forth between cell phone companies because of the deals they can get. So it's better business for a cell phone company to offer the better deals to their potential new customers.....then their current customers because they know that if someone cancels their contract or doesn't renew it....that someone else will come in and replace them.

Sad but true.

tomahawk kid
04-30-2009, 12:48 PM
They jerked me around about replacing a razr phone that went bad after about six months. When they finally replaced it, the kid tried to rip off a 2GB memory chip I had put in the old phone, and replaced it with a much smaller one in the new phone, even after I told them I wanted the chip from the old phone put into the new phone. I checked it before I left the store, the tech kid lied and said there was no 2GB chip in the old phone, asked for a supervisor, he walked out with the 2GB chip about five minutes later saying "It fell on the floor."
Yeah, sure it did....

Guess ripping me off on my monthly bill isn't enough. As soon as my contract is over (July) I'm going to get an I-Phone and go ATT.

Sorry to hear that.

Just out of curiousity, what store was it?

Did you have insurance on the phone when it quit functioning?

iPhone's aren't all that great either. They have a heck of a time provisioning those things.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately because they ARE always there. Customers are always switching back and forth between cell phone companies because of the deals they can get. So it's better business for a cell phone company to offer the better deals to their potential new customers.....then their current customers because they know that if someone cancels their contract or doesn't renew it....that someone else will come in and replace them.

Sad but true.

It's pretty much why I never shop at the large retailers if I can at all avoid it. I don't remember the last time I was in a Walmart. I'll pay a few extra bucks to support small business. At the same time I also know that if I have a problem with something I buy, that small business will take care of it for me.

As far as Sprint goes, I'll never leave them as long as I have this fatty 27% discount on my service. Their customer service has improved tenfold from where it was 4 years ago when I first signed up. And frankly, I've discovered that the "fellate and berate" tactic generally works when trying to get what you want from a company. Fellate the rep, berate the company.

gblowfish
04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Just out of curiousity, what store was it?

Did you have insurance on the phone when it quit functioning?

iPhone's aren't all that great either. They have a heck of a time provisioning those things.

Oak Park Mall, 95th & Quivira OPKS
Yes, it was "insured."
And they didn't let me have the original chip that came with the phone after they gave me back the 2GB chip they tried to rip off. Also, the whole deal took about an hour, should have been a 10 minute transaction. Just a real bad experience. I dumped Sprint Long Distance, and will probably dump them altogether when my contract runs out. I have two cell phones with them.

Apple isn't perfect either, but much better than Sprint or Comcast.

jimhitter
04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Look....cell phones in general are a ****ing rip off. They're not meant to last that long and the customer service is complete crap no matter where you go. It would be the same if I went with AT&T then if I went with Verizon.

Verizon customer service is actually good. I have been w/ them for 6 years and never had issues. If my bill is late they let me slide a bit, never had my phone shut off. Sprint screwed me multiple times. I understand this thread completely. Douche baggery from sprint.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Oak Park Mall, 95th & Quivira OPKS
Yes, it was "insured."
And they didn't let me have the original chip that came with the phone after they gave me back the 2GB chip they tried to rip off. Also, the whole deal took about an hour, should have been a 10 minute transaction. Just a real bad experience. I dumped Sprint Long Distance, and will probably dump them altogether when my contract runs out. I have two cell phones with them.

Apple isn't perfect either, but much better than Sprint or Comcast.

I've had to have 2 phones replaced through my insurance with Sprint. One time, I called the replacement # that my store gave me, I had my new phone 2 days later. The second time, I walked into the store - they had one in stock and traded me out.

Sounds to me that you had a shitty store that you were dealing with.

BWillie
04-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't know why people hate on sprint. They've been very good for me. And when they did screw up, I told them about it, and how I felt, and they fixed it.

SLAG
04-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I am a sprint geek/cell phone fanboy
I currently have the Sprint TouchPro and I have been putting custom roms on it but I think I have finally found one I am goin to stick with for awhile - its a stripped down build of Windows Mobile 6.5 - works pretty well.

I have 2 Lines of Service with Sprint - the wife and I - we get 500 "anytime" Minutes each and Unlimited Everything else - our bill is $90 total after taxes and insurance.
I will be sticking with sprint as long as they let me keep my plan
They even gave me a free "Airrave" ($100 Value) for my house because I told them I get no signal in my basement.

Try.....you have to send it as an e-mail. So you would have to get that person's e-mail address that is connected to their phone. Like if they're with Sprint....it's:

##########@sprintwireless.com

Yeah....fucking shitty.

Actually the Blackberry OS 4.5 upgrade resolves the picturemail issues you can download the updated software here:

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtml

petegz28
04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Apparently, so are their phones.

Sprint does not make the phones.