PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do our safeties fit Haley's scheme?

googlegoogle
04-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Pollard is not the best tackler and more of a headhunter. :hmmm:

Pioli Zombie
04-21-2009, 01:31 PM
If his scheme includes missed tackles and running the wrong routes. But they make up for it with their lack of speed and intelligence.
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I think that is going to be hard to judge until the season starts. Based on the scheme we were running with the Cover who Defense, Pollard and Page were no-where near the All-Pro that you'd need to run that type of Defense. As for Haley/Pendergrast scheme. :shrug: We'll find out I guess.

Sweet Daddy Hate
If his scheme includes missed tackles and running the wrong routes. But they make up for it with their lack of speed and intelligence.
Posted via Mobile Device

Goddamnit; you will RUE THE DAY!:cuss:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/046p1LR2NX38I/340x.jpg

CoMoChief
Perhaps. Who knows? define Haley's scheme...........I bet you can't.

CupidStunt
Pollard certainly fits the TYPE of role Adrian Wilson played.

Whether or not he'll ever be one-tenth as good as Wilson at it remains to be seen.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Cover Two sucks ass for our players, so...in theory, we should be in better shape.

Pioli Zombie
04-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Goddamnit; you will RUE THE DAY!:cuss:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/046p1LR2NX38I/340x.jpg

So what does RUE mean anyway? Did you see this on ICarly? Nevel is that you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Cover Two sucks ass for our players, so...in theory, we should be in better shape.

Cover Two just sucks ass period.

Pioli Zombie
04-21-2009, 01:41 PM
You said ass period. Hee hee
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

<dl><dd class="hwrd"><sup>2</sup>rue </dd><dt class="func">Function:</dt><dd class="func">verb </dd><dt class="inf">Inflected Form(s):</dt><dd class="inf">rued; ru·ing</dd><dt class="date">Date:</dt><dd class="date">12th century</dd></dl> transitive verb : to feel penitence, remorse, or regret for intransitive verb : to feel sorrow, remorse, or regret.

The English Language: Get to know it! :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
You said ass period. Hee hee
Posted via Mobile Device

:doh!:

shitgoose
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Pollard fits best in a scheme were he lays season ending hits on the opposing teams QB's.

kcxiv
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Pollard played pretty well towards the end of the season. Alot better then Page i know that. He was making hits, knocking balls out. I think he's going to be fine in the new system.

The only thing i am worried about is our Dline. I just dont think 1 year is enough to fix it, but that may be why we are going 3-4. less dlineman and blitz city with the linebackers.

DTLB58
04-21-2009, 01:54 PM

This is what I was wondering.....:shake:

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Page doesn't fit anybody's defense. He's supposed to be tailor-made for the Cover 2 and he sucked at it.

Pollard has a place if they're going to play pressure D, like Cover 1 SS Under or something. He's better suited for that than he is the Cover 2.

Delano
04-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Page doesn't fit anybody's defense. He's supposed to be tailor-made for the Cover 2 and he sucked at it.

Pollard has a place if they're going to play pressure D, like Cover 1 SS Under or something. He's better suited for that than he is the Cover 2.

Watch Morgan take Page's spot. Please.

ModSocks
04-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Watch Morgan take Page's spot. Please.

That would be sweeeeeeeet

Mr. Arrowhead
04-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Cassel will beg Haley to let Pollard to stay

Demonpenz
04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
The saftey's will probably fit in yards behind the linebackers. I read in SI INSIDER they will be trying to intercept or block down balls, if nessessary make a tackle

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM

As well he should.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM

If we're gonna be a cover 1 team we should just put Taylor Mays at the top of next years board. There is no safety better at playing cover 1 than he is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 02:52 PM
If we're gonna be a cover 1 team we should just put Taylor Mays at the top of next years board. There is no safety better at playing cover 1 than he is.

He's from USC; fuck him.

Demonpenz
04-21-2009, 02:54 PM
He's from USC; fuck him.

this :clap: we need more of those big 10 guys

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Does Haley's scheme involve ass-clapping?

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 02:59 PM
this :clap: we need more of those big 10 guys

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
04-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Does Haley's scheme involve ass-clapping?

As long as it doesn't involve b**** slapping. Oh wait, Krumrie and LJ are still on the team. :D

chiefzilla1501
04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I think Pollard is a lot better than we all think, because he'll be running in a defense more suited for his talents.

I guarantee that Page is a LOT better than he gets credit for--he is the type of Safety that is very effective when there's pressure up front. If we start to get some QB pressure, Page will have a big season.

Rain Man
04-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Pollard is not the best tackler? Pollard plays like a man with no arms. He tackles like a bighorn sheep.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Pollard is not the best tackler? Pollard plays like a man with no arms. He tackles like a bighorn sheep.

:cuss:

Everyone on that 2008 defense tackled like shit.

KCChiefsMan
04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I got into an arguement on another board about these, basically

him: "our safeties are great"
me: "lol, no they are not"
him: "F**K YOU WE WOULDNT EVEN HAVE CASSEL IF IT WERENT FOR POLLARD YOU STUPID IDIOT"

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I got into an arguement on another board about these, basically

him: "our safeties are great"
me: "lol, no they are not"
him: "F**K YOU WE WOULDNT EVEN HAVE CASSEL IF IT WERENT FOR POLLARD YOU STUPID IDIOT"

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Molitoth
04-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't see why people think Pollard is such a bust. He played on a shitty team, in a shitty system, for a shitty coach. His rookie year he blocked a few punts, and had some great hits that interrupted what would be long completions. Personally I like Pollard and think he will be fine from this year on playing for a competent coach.

His tackleing has been poor because he sometimes goes for that BIG hit, instead of wrapping up.... but that is coachable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
WE WOULDNT EVEN HAVE CASSEL IF IT WERENT FOR POLLARD YOU STUPID IDIOT"

See now that makes me torn. I love BP, but it IS his fault that Scott Mitchell / 1st Messiah is my QB.

Mmm......

Okay; 2 demerits for Pollard, and Cassel has three years to get this team to a Super Bowl.

Court Adjourned(SMACK!!!).

GoHuge
04-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Pollard and Page are better suited to play in a defense that runs down hill/attacking. Being a D1 secondary player (backup) I know what players succeed in what defense. These guys have their eye in the backfield which is why they constantly get torched on the long ball. They have got to finally understand they are safeties (the last line of defense). Pollard was a big hit guy in college and Page played for UCLA. They are both terrific athletes, but so is everyone in the NFL. Everything Herm's defense tried to get them to do was against their instincts. They want to play and get in the action. We need to be using the brothers Brandon to jam guys off the line and let attackers attack. If Pollard can't get on board take the 4 off his jersey and replace it with a 5. This defense (and team) has been far too passive. DJ is a freeballing LB. Let the guy roam and let him make plays. We've seen him do it several times. Damn the system...put these guys in positions to succeed!! You are what you are. I know there has got to be somebody on this staff that will be able to let these boys fly. There is enough physical talent on this team that I believe most of the problems are between their ears.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Pollard SAVES!

bdeg
04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I like your point about DJ. I remember toward the beginning of the season last year he had a great game, afterwards he said he told gun to 'just let me go', gun let him freelance, and he dominated.

ThaVirus
04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
For some reason that I can't explain, I like Pollard and Page. Pollard has shown that he loves to lay people out, and Page has made some clutch interceptions. I think all of their problems with taking bad angles and being out of place can be fixed the right coaching and I hope that turns out to be the case...

Mecca
04-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Pollard is just dumb...he constantly goes for big hits and wiffs or ends up knocking himself down.

CrazyPhuD
04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Wait....we played with safety's last year? I thought the D was so bad because we only put 9 men on the field....

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Pollard is just dumb...he constantly goes for big hits and wiffs or ends up knocking himself down.

:cuss:

EyePod
04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

???? Pollard led the team in tackles last year. It's probably pretty hard to try and cover the deep ball and the run. Our inside 7 are so terrible that our 2ndary should be commended. Also, Pollard is made for a scheme like Haley's (assuming he runs something similar to 'Zona). He should have been playing a SS who crashes in all the time (like Arizona's Adrian Wilson or the Eagle's, err Donkey's Brian Dawkins). I'm not sure about Page though.

EyePod
04-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't believe anyone has ever watched that show. I hated that chick when she was in School of Rock, and that's when she was just an annoying little girl. Now she's older, can't sing, and is ugly.

EyePod
04-21-2009, 05:43 PM

You are joking right? I really think he improved last year.

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 05:44 PM
No because our safeties suck...

petegz28
04-21-2009, 05:45 PM

I bet I can tell you what it won't be? I bet it won't be a Pop Warner-based cover 2!

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I can't believe anyone has ever watched that show. I hated that chick when she was in School of Rock, and that's when she was just an annoying little girl. Now she's older, can't sing, and is ugly.

I had no idea who the fuck he was talking about.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
You are joking right? I really think he improved last year.

What RB was it that he tried to go for the up high killshot on and proceeded to knock himself flat on his ass?

In today's game a secondary player that isn't overly fast or good in coverage is a liability.

EyePod
04-21-2009, 06:10 PM
What RB was it that he tried to go for the up high killshot on and proceeded to knock himself flat on his ass?

In today's game a secondary player that isn't overly fast or good in coverage is a liability.

Ok, I agree he did that once, and I'm sure that's gonna stick in your mind. But what about the other 98 team-leading tackles?

the Talking Can
04-21-2009, 06:11 PM

ROFL

Mecca
04-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Someones gotta make tackles. Mike Maslowski had like 150 1 year didn't make him good.

Tackles is an overrated stat if you're defense is on the field alot everyone will have alot of them.

EyePod
04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Someones gotta make tackles. Mike Maslowski had like 150 1 year didn't make him good.

Tackles is an overrated stat if you're defense is on the field alot everyone will have alot of them.

Yeah, I know, but I still think he improved a lot last year. The biggest knock about him previously was that he couldn't tackle. Then last year, he was forced to tackle a lot. I think he's the perfect player for an Ardrian Wilson like SS.

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Bernard Pollard Dancing (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15643984)
<object height="360" width="425">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=15643984,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="360" width="425"></object>

EyePod
04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Bernard Pollard Dancing (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15643984)
<object width="425" height="360">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=15643984,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="360"></object>

I always thought he danced a lot better than Tyron Brackenridge....

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:33 PM

I have no problem with that.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't see why people think Pollard is such a bust. He played on a shitty team, in a shitty system, for a shitty coach. His rookie year he blocked a few punts, and had some great hits that interrupted what would be long completions. Personally I like Pollard and think he will be fine from this year on playing for a competent coach.

His tackleing has been poor because he sometimes goes for that BIG hit, instead of wrapping up.... but that is coachable.

Don't worry about it. Pollard will benefit from a better scheme and coaching. He's talented and very athletic, he was a very good safety at Purdue.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Pollard and Page are better suited to play in a defense that runs down hill/attacking.

Wrong. Pollard is better-suited for that type of defense.

Page played in the C2 in college and his strength is supposed to be C2, read his scouting reports.

The fact is, he's not good at what he's supposed to be good at. He needs to be a backup, period.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
???? Pollard led the team in tackles last year. It's probably pretty hard to try and cover the deep ball and the run. Our inside 7 are so terrible that our 2ndary should be commended. Also, Pollard is made for a scheme like Haley's (assuming he runs something similar to 'Zona). He should have been playing a SS who crashes in all the time (like Arizona's Adrian Wilson or the Eagle's, err Donkey's Brian Dawkins). I'm not sure about Page though.

Pollard also suffered because he was covering for Page quite a bit. Page has no business playing FS in a C2 defense.

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
<object height="360" width="425">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=15643984,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="360" width="425"></object>

Well maybe if he spent less time dancing and more time learning how too tackle,he wouldn't suck so bad..

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM

He's plenty fast. Judging his game speed by his 40 is bullshit and you know it.

GoHuge
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Tackles is an overrated stat if you're defense is on the field alot everyone will have alot of them.Rule number 1 is that if your safeties are leading the team in tackles you have some serious problems.....not breaking any news here. If your safeties are leading tackles your constantly allowing a guy to get to the next level before he's brought down. Maybe Pioli can employ Chief's snipers to make up for our defensive flaws??:shrug:??

Mecca
04-21-2009, 06:45 PM
He's plenty fast. Judging his game speed by his 40 is bullshit and you know it.

He is not fast, and he takes risks like he has recovery speed when he doesn't.

And please no one should be comparing him to Adrian Wilson.

WhitiE
04-21-2009, 06:47 PM

i dunno he prolly dont want that it to happen during practice......

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
He is not fast, and he takes risks like he has recovery speed when he doesn't.

And please no one should be comparing him to Adrian Wilson.

I can pretty much guarantee that you had never seen Pollard play prior to him being drafted.

You only know Pollard as a Chief, in a bad scheme, with horrible coaching.

It's pretty obvious.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Even if the scheme is the worst one ever. No scheme is going to give him recovery speed to take the risks he does it requires having recovery speed.

You can play safety and not be superfast but you better be really smart and not make mistakes.

TRR
04-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I posted this on another "safety" thread, but it seems like posters on here always think KC's safeties are trash. The same posts that are going on now about Pollard and Page were posted about Wesley and Woods when they were in KC. It just seems that we are never happy with the safeties we have.

Bottom line to me is that with Pollard, Page, and Morgan, and McGraw, the safety position is the least of KC's worries. I'm not saying that it's an All Pro group, but compared to some other safety combinations around the league, it could be a lot worse.

EyePod
04-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Don't worry about it. Pollard will benefit from a better scheme and coaching. He's talented and very athletic, he was a very good safety at Purdue.

Our whole team will. I'm hoping for improvement across the board.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Probably because for all the high picks they've spent on safeties none of them have been all that good...

We have a jinx at that position and it goes back to when the Chiefs decided that it was a good idea to draft Jerome Woods in front of Lawyer Milloy and then in the same draft, picked Reggie Tongue in front of Brian Dawkins. Talk about taking the wrong safeties...

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Probably because for all the high picks they've spent on safeties none of them have been all that good...

We have a jinx at that position and it goes back to when the Chiefs decided that it was a good idea to draft Jerome Woods in front of Lawyer Milloy and then in the same draft, picked Reggie Tongue in front of Brian Dawkins. Talk about taking the wrong safeties...

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cus s::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss:

Mecca
04-21-2009, 07:15 PM
2 of the best players in next years draft are going to be safeties, I wonder how many people will argue our guys are fine and we don't need one.

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh you know you will see some of that. I would love to have either Berry or Mays here next season.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
2 of the best players in next years draft are going to be safeties, I wonder how many people will argue our guys are fine and we don't need one.

It's all about net value. If the upgrade over P&P is less than that of say a BAMF WR over your boyfriend that you love so much, Bradley, then go for the fucking WR.

Every motherfucking time.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 07:58 PM
It's all about net value. If the upgrade over P&P is less than that of say a BAMF WR over your boyfriend that you love so much, Bradley, then go for the fucking WR.

Every motherfucking time.

Wait what?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
<object width="425" height="360">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=15643984,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="360"></object>

Good God; get that footage to the Smithsonian post-haste!

Yes! This! And REP.

Mr. Krab
04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Do our safeties fit in any scheme? You could put Pollard in an Atkins jersey and nobody would no the difference.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Wait what?

Here's what I see happening:

The safties you want are all on the board.

The Chiefs select a BAMF WR because Bradley is broken a lot.

You piss and moan because they didn't take a safety and you belittle everyone because they "don't want" a superior player.

When in reality the NET GAIN from taking a WR upgrade over Bradley is HIGHER than the NET GAIN from replacing Pollard. It's the right call, but you would undoubtedly bitch about it.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm pissy tonight. I'm going to the gym.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Who is the great WR in next years class?

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Who is the great WR in next years class?

Dude, I don't give two fucks about next years class. It was just an example. It is hilarious that you will ALREADY be pissed off if they don't take a safety IN A YEAR.

Wow. I'm full of vile tonight. Apologies.

My original point is that the net gain from Pollard to the 2 safeties you have in mind may be less than the next elite talent in another position. Making NOT taking a safety the right call. Hell maybe Pollard and Page have break the fuck out years and rock the house for the next 7-10 years. Who the fuck knows.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm just saying 2 of the best players in next years draft are going to be safeties I'm not sure how this has spiraled into something else.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Hopefully Morgan can replace one of them.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm just saying 2 of the best players in next years draft are going to be safeties I'm not sure how this has spiraled into something else.

It probably came from me being in a piss ass mood.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM

Or that.

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
I just seen on the bottom of NFL Network the Bills are entertaining offers for safety Ko Simpson..

Mecca
04-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Ha, I like Ko Simpson actually.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Ha, I like Ko Simpson actually.

Damn USC players. :D

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:23 PM
I liked him to though I thought he should have stayed in school another year

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't know if i would trade for him but if he got released I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Also I hope Morgan gets more playing time this season,I really want too see what he can do....

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Post whoring a little bit there 1111? :)

Pioli Zombie
04-22-2009, 04:07 AM
You apologize to Miranda. She perty now. Not like the hotties on H2O but better than most on the kids networks
I get forced to watch. I just thank God the Barney years are over. I'll take watching Miley Cyrus anyday.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM

Next year is a different story. It's about THIS year, and I happen to think that Pollard will be just fine until we have a chance to DEFINITIVELY upgrade.