PDA

View Full Version : KU Henry to KU

Mr. Plow
04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
According to multiple "sources". Personally, I won't believe it until he is enrolled and taking classes.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9483628/Sources:-Xavier-Henry,-brother-pick-Kansas

Sources: Xavier Henry, brother pick Kansas

Xavier Henry and his older brother, C.J., are picking Kansas instead of following John Calipari to Kentucky, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

Henry, one of the top players in the senior class and a former Memphis signee , and his brother -- a former New York Yankees first-round pick who didn't play last season at Memphis due to injury -- have informed Calipari that they will be attending Kansas.

"It's done," said one source. "He and C.J. told everyone last night."
Both Kansas coach Bill Self and Kentucky coach John Calipari met with the duo in New York this past weekend while Xavier was in town for the Jordan Brand Classic.

Xavier Henry is a big-time prospect is ranked No. 6 in the nation by Scout.com and No. 3 by Rivals.com. He initially selected Memphis over Kansas -- where both of his parents went to school -- but was allowed out of his letter-of-intent after Calipari left for Kentucky.

It's a huge pickup for Bill Self and the Jayhawks, who now become the clear-cut No. 1 team in the nation with the return of Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich and just about everyone else of note from a team that went to the Sweet 16 this past season.

It's also a blow to Calipari, who could have had a Final Four caliber team in his first season in Lexington. The Wildcats are still trying to secure a commitment from the nation's top point guard, John Wall, and are waiting to see the fate of Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks -- both of which have declared for the NBA Draft, but have not hired an agent.

irishjayhawk
04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Doubt.

Brock
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! EFFIN A

the Talking Can
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
get ready

doomy3
04-22-2009, 09:38 AM
God, I hope this is true

Weird that the Shiver doesn't have anything up about it

Thig Lyfe
04-22-2009, 09:39 AM
TOOOO DAAAAAAAAAAA SHIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 09:40 AM
God, I hope this is true

Weird that the Shiver doesn't have anything up about it

They did last night according to the other thread.

doomy3
04-22-2009, 09:41 AM
They did last night according to the other thread.

Yeah, I didn't look last night, but when I looked this morning it still is saying he may go to Memphis still

Dr. Johnny Fever
WOW..... ROCK CHALK!

better be true

Ultra Peanut
The only thing that will really upset me at this point is X going to Kentucky.

So bank on that.

Archie F. Swin
04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
KU = recruiting powerhouse

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 10:17 AM
PG - Collins
SG - Robinson
SF - Henry
PF - Johnson/Morris
C - Aldrich

This is a NC team. Good God KU might just go undefeated next season.

Not really but anyone can dream.

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
To the 'ship

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
The only thing that will really upset me at this point is X going to Kentucky.

So bank on that.

Have fun being in the NIT next year.

KCCHIEFS27
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Must say, I'm disappointed. I would have liked to see us push X to the side and go with Lance.

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM

Peanut doesn't deserve that. His team just got Roy Williamsed

Buehler445
04-22-2009, 10:38 AM
:spock: I thought he was leaning toward the dark side.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Is this really true?

InvinciBill
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
PG - Collins
SG - Robinson
SF - Henry
PF - Johnson/Morris
C - Aldrich

This is a NC team. Good God KU might just go undefeated next season.

Not really but anyone can dream.

:spock: I hope you got Robinson and Johnson mixed up. :D

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
It wouldn't be a CoMo post if something wasn't wrong in it.

doomy3
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
It would be a CoMo post if something wasn't wrong in it.

Irony.

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM

oops youre right. Elijah is the guard. my bad

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I guess they have a press conference set. It bodes well for KU since they haven't gone to Kentucky yet.

April 22, 2009
Press Conference Set

Shay Wildeboor
JayhawkSlant.com
When it comes to the recruitment of Xavier Henry, there have certainly been a lot of twists and turns along the way. But the journey is about to end as the 6-foot-6, 210-pound shooting guard from Putnam City High School in Warr Acres is ready to end to the speculation. Henry and his brother, C.J., now have a press conference scheduled.

http://kansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=938552&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

CoMoChief
Irony.

How's the recruiting trail doing on your team? Or is there one?

Spicy McHaggis
Must say, I'm disappointed. I would have liked to see us push X to the side and go with Lance.

Are you saying straight up, you would rather have Lance over X?

DJay23
04-22-2009, 10:56 AM
per Kusports.com, a news conference has been scheduled for 11:15 am (CST) for the announcement.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/22/xavier-henry-calls-news-conference-1115-m-thursday/

DJay23
04-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I guess they have a press conference set. It bodes well for KU since they haven't gone to Kentucky yet.

April 22, 2009
Press Conference Set

Shay Wildeboor
JayhawkSlant.com
When it comes to the recruitment of Xavier Henry, there have certainly been a lot of twists and turns along the way. But the journey is about to end as the 6-foot-6, 210-pound shooting guard from Putnam City High School in Warr Acres is ready to end to the speculation. Henry and his brother, C.J., now have a press conference scheduled.

http://kansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=938552&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Damnit

Fritz88
I really hope it's true.

Sure-Oz
Undefeated, national championship in the bank!

Huge get for ku, congrats guys

doomy3
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
How's the recruiting trail doing on your team? Or is there one?

Interesting, since I am a KU fan, douchebag.

BTW, the irony I was talking about was Krab's having a mistake in HIS post calling you out.

Fuck off.

DJay23
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Xavier likes drama, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he picked up a jayhawk stuffed doll, then ripped it to pieces and started making out with a cardboard cutout of Calipari.

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Damnit
U iz 2 slo.

ROFL

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 11:06 AM
We're going to the 'ship, bitches.

Mr. Plow
04-22-2009, 11:10 AM

April 22, 2009
Press Conference Set

Shay Wildeboor
JayhawkSlant.com

I really expected this to being with "Ok guys. I just got off the phone with "(insert player name here). You'll never guess what he had to say."

KCCHIEFS27
04-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Are you saying straight up, you would rather have Lance over X?

Yes. I have a fascination with N.Y. guards and there style of play.

teedubya
04-22-2009, 11:28 AM

dude that is a dickhead thing to say. WTF

Brock
04-22-2009, 11:29 AM

Surprised? WTF

BWillie
04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Is CJ going to be a freshman or sophomore or what? Even if he can play next year, where exactly is he going to fit in?

Collins
Taylor
Xavier
Marcus Morris
Aldrich
------------
Morningstar
Withey
E. Johnson
Reed
T. Robinson
M. Morris
T. Releford
C. Henry

Were going to have more players than we know what to do with.

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Is CJ going to be a freshman or sophomore or what? Even if he can play next year, where exactly is he going to fit in?

Collins
Taylor
Xavier
Marcus Morris
Aldrich
------------
Morningstar
Withey
E. Johnson
Reed
T. Robinson
M. Morris
T. Releford
C. Henry

Were going to have more players than we know what to do with.
holy shit, it's like the greatest team ever assembled.

T-post Tom
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM

:doh!:

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Check that....the greatest team ever assembled since '08. I sometimes forget how good that team was.

DJay23
04-22-2009, 12:14 PM
A lot of the talk of my Jayhawk brethren, whether it is tongue in cheek or not, reminds me of the talk about the 96 Chiefs. Wasn't that the year that so many predicted an undefeated season?

Buehler445
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Check that....the greatest team ever assembled since '08. I sometimes forget how good that team was.

That team was fucking amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
A lot of the talk of my Jayhawk brethren, whether it is tongue in cheek or not, reminds me of the talk about the 96 Chiefs. Wasn't that the year that so many predicted an undefeated season?

Yes. Let's not forget that we are talking about 18-22 year old kids. There is a lot that can happen. "That's why you play the game". Well, let's just say I'm REALLY excited to watch the games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
holy shit, it's like the greatest team ever assembled.

GRCOAT!!!

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM

Fuckin WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously people.

DaWolf
04-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Well it really doesn't change the fact that if Sherron or Cole get injured this year, we're in trouble. We need to keep fingers crossed that everyone stays healthy.

I hope Self likes pressure, because anything less than a crown this year will now be deemed unacceptable based on the expectations being put on this team. It should be interesting to see how the guys react to that. Even two years ago, they were one of the favorites but not the overwhelming pre-season No 1 favorites. Should be interesting to see how they respond and how much they want it...

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Aldrich will not let them lose...not this year. He's going to become even better.

HC_Chief
04-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Aldrich will not let them lose...not this year. He's going to become even better.

If that happens there is no way he will play his senior season; he will be a lock for the #1 NBA selection.

BWillie
04-22-2009, 12:41 PM

08 team was great, but I would put the 97 squad with Vaughn, Pierce, LaFrenz, Pollard and Company right up there. Sure they didn't win the title, doesn't mean they weren't on the same level. One thing they didn't have that the 08 squad did was unbelievable toughness. That's what you get from a Bill Self coached team.

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Interesting, since I am a KU fan, douchebag.

BTW, the irony I was talking about was Krab's having a mistake in HIS post calling you out.

**** off.

Sorry you came off as a stupid fuck so I thought you a fan of another team.

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Good news if true but wasn't there a similar story about lance before he decided not to commit.

BWillie
04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Good news if true but wasn't there a similar story about lance before he decided not to commit.

That was circumstantial though. Unless there is another coaching carousel and John Wall commits to KU before X. I don't think we have anything to worry about this time, but we are talking about the Henry's so who really knows

HC_Chief
04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
08 team was great, but I would put the 97 squad with Vaughn, Pierce, LaFrenz, Pollard and Company right up there. Sure they didn't win the title, doesn't mean they weren't on the same level. One thing they didn't have that the 08 squad did was unbelievable toughness. That's what you get from a Bill Self coached team.

That team was sick:

Vaughn
Robertson
Pierce
Pollard
Lafrenz

with Billy Thomas, Haas, and Bradford subbing

Who could forget CJ "doink!" McGrath's epic dunk? lol
That team also had TJ Puuuuuuuuuugh

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 01:03 PM
If that happens there is no way he will play his senior season; he will be a lock for the #1 NBA selection.

If there was no John Wall.

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 01:08 PM

The '08 team would push the '97 team around inside. Just like Arizona did. Self always has a Darnell Jackson type thug around

BWillie
04-22-2009, 01:25 PM
The '08 team would push the '97 team around inside. Just like Arizona did. Self always has a Darnell Jackson type thug around

Yes, but Paul Pierce was the best player to dawn a KU uniform since Danny Manning.

Lzen
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that Self already said something like this. He definitely does not expect Cole to stay in school past this next season.

Mr. Plow
04-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes, but Paul Pierce was the best player to dawn a KU uniform since Danny Manning.

And Roy didn't use Pierce correctly.

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Can Self get this group to produce immediately? He seems like a bit of a slow starter. Each new group he has seems to have to struggle first before they buy into his system. Each year the team has to lose first before they get focused. Xavier Henry is a one and done and this team will be expected to win now not 'develop'.

interesting to watch

kysirsoze
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
ESPN is reporting this now. FWIW.

Mr. Plow
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4089690

Source: Henry brothers pick Kansas

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4089690) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4089690#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4089690&type=story) Share (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Source:%20Henry%20brothers%20to%20play%20for%20Jayhawks", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4089690", published: "2009-04-22" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </script>
<cite class="source"> By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
Archive (http://search.espn.go.com/andy-katz/) </cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body -->
Highly rated basketball recruit Xavier Henry and his brother C.J. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=43037) have decided to play at Kansas, a source said Wednesday.

C.J. Henry told Memphis coach Josh Pastner that he and his brother chose the Jayhawks, a source close to the Memphis program said. The Oklahoman reported that the Oklahoma City products would announce their decisions at a Thursday afternoon news conference.

Xavier Henry, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard ranked third overall by ESPN's Scouts Inc., is expected to be a third scoring option alongside center Cole Aldrich (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36170) and guard Sherron Collins (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31788). The two helped Kansas reach the Sweet 16 in March one year after the Jayhawks won the NCAA title and are returning for the 2009-2010 season.

Xavier Henry signed a national letter of intent with Memphis last fall but then changed his mind after coach John Calipari left the Tigers to become the new coach at Kentucky. Xavier Henry cannot sign another letter of intent, so technically he is not bound to Kansas. He also was considering Kentucky.

C.J. Henry, expected to be a backup point guard at Kansas, will not be on scholarship because his education is being paid for by the New York Yankees. He signed with the Yankees out of high school, walked on at Memphis but sat out the 2008-09 season with an injury. His father, Carl Henry, told the Oklahoman he expects that his son will be eligible to play immediately for the Jayhawks.

Kansas is projected by many as the preseason No. 1 for 2009-10.

Pablo
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Clean-up needed...

in my pants.

Mr. Plow
04-22-2009, 01:45 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Pants
04-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Can Self get this group to produce immediately? He seems like a bit of a slow starter. Each new group he has seems to have to struggle first before they buy into his system. Each year the team has to lose first before they get focused. Xavier Henry is a one and done and this team will be expected to win now not 'develop'.

interesting to watch

It's a good thing that all of our starters except for one are veterans, then, isn't it?

Mr. Plow
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/14636061

KU lands Henry brothers

Posted on: April 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Xavier and C.J. Henry both plan to enroll at Kansas, sources involved in the recruitment have confirmed to CBSSports.com.
Barring a late change of plans, a formal announcement is expected in the next 24 hours.

C.J. was a walk-on at Memphis last season, and Xavier, a high school senior, committed to play there under John Calipari. But when Calipari left for Kentucky, the recruitment re-opened, and now it appears to have ended with the Jayhawks landing, in Xavier, a consensus top five prospect who will strengthen their hold on the top spot in the preseason Top 25 (and one) . As for C.J., it's unclear whether he'll be granted a waiver to play next season at Kansas. But sources said he will request one and deal with the result, either way.

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 01:50 PM
It's a good thing that all of our starters except for one are veterans, then, isn't it?
yes it is, which actually adds to the pressure of producing immediately. I didn't say he couldn't, just that it will be interesting to watch.

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrUVy4VNbz8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrUVy4VNbz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Happy news. Can we get Lance also?

Ceej
04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Here's to hoping X is the missing link we needed this past year. Two titles in 3 years is definitely JIMP-worthy.

Cheers.

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Happy news. Can we get Lance also?
No. He would never come here now.

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
No. He would never come here now.

Why not?

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Why not?

His focus, as it should be, is the NBA. Being a role player on a very good college team will not help him reach that goal. He's far better off going to a school where he can rack up the points. That's why he decided to delay everything.

Also, he will surely be slighted by KU taking Henry over him. He's a very competitive individual who believes that nobody his age is better than him.

Pants
04-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Why not?

Are you serious?

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 02:06 PM
His focus, as it should be, is the NBA. Being a role player on a very good college team will not help him reach that goal. He's far better off going to a school where he can rack up the points. That's why he decided to delay everything.

Also, he will surely be slighted by KU taking Henry over him. He's a very competitive individual who believes that nobody his age is better than him.

Lance is good enough to enter the NBA draft NOW. If its a scholarship issue or lack there of with KU, I understand, but if Lance wants to win a NC he will come to Kansas.

Stop bursting my fuckin bubble.

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Lance is good enough to enter the NBA draft NOW.

No, he isn't.

If its a scholarship issue or lack there of with KU, I understand, but if Lance wants to win a NC he will come to Kansas.

He doesn't, he wants to make the NBA and be a huge star. That's the ultimate goal here for him.

Stop bursting my ****in bubble.
Stop being a damn fool. A Henry addition is great.

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
No, he isn't.

He doesn't, he wants to make the NBA and be a huge star. That's the ultimate goal here for him.

Stop being a damn fool. A Henry addition is great.

Henry is great. Lance added to that would be FUCKIN EPIC!!!!!

BWillie
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Henry is great. Lance added to that would be ****IN EPIC!!!!!

Why? All it could do is cause problems. There are 13 players vying for playing time next year. In my original synopsis I thought there was 12, and then I saw I forgot Mario Little. I think having Lance and his attitude in a scenario like this is just asking for trouble. I'm stoked about our team the way it is

Brock
04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
As Lance Armstrong says, There's only one ball.

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 02:28 PM
All we need now is for the Morris boys to add 20 lbs of muscle this off season. We need thugs!!!!!!

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I thought this was funny. The recruiting battles in years to come will be epic though.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9766/calclown.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow. We're about to fuck shit up next year. For real.

CoMoChief
04-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Why? All it could do is cause problems. There are 13 players vying for playing time next year. In my original synopsis I thought there was 12, and then I saw I forgot Mario Little. I think having Lance and his attitude in a scenario like this is just asking for trouble. I'm stoked about our team the way it is

Youre gonna seriously use this argument after what KU's 2008 team did?

RockChalk
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
As Lance Armstrong says, There's only one ball.

ROFL

kysirsoze
04-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I can't wait for next year. It's gonna be fun watching these guys.

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I can't wait for next year. It's gonna be fun watching these guys.
Is it november yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75
04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Great, almost like a Prima Donna, a 1 year wonder, makes it hard to build team chemistry for a 4 year period.

He better be worth it .

sedated
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Great, almost like a Prima Donna, a 1 year wonder, makes it hard to build team chemistry for a 4 year period.

He better be worth it .

Micah Downs and Brandon Rush were both supposed to be one-year guys. Micah was talking about going straight to the NBA if I remember correctly.

ROYC75
04-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Micah Downs and Brandon Rush were both supposed to be one-year guys. Micah was talking about going straight to the NBA if I remember correctly.

I know, some kids have dreams and some have talent to do it right away. I just don't want KU to become a stopping ground for 1 year players.

Great talent, if he blends in well and we win it, OK. If we don't, it was a wasted effort IMHO.

BWillie
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Youre gonna seriously use this argument after what KU's 2008 team did?

Yep. We didn't have 13 players that all EXPECTED playing time like we do now. And not to the same degree. No player KU had on their roster that year was thought to be a strictly one and done player like X and Lance are. Do not want Lance, and we have no schollies for him. B Morningstar should have his, and that should be that.

Micah Downs THOUGHT he was a one and done player, but no analyst thought he was. Brandon Rush was the closest thing to it, and we didn't have two of them.

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I know, some kids have dreams and some have talent to do it right away. I just don't want KU to become a stopping ground for 1 year players.

Great talent, if he blends in well and we win it, OK. If we don't, it was a wasted effort IMHO.
Oh i don't know, having a 1-year player each year could be quite helpful to KU. It helps in talent but also helps raise the national profile of KU and it's recruiting. The more success 1-year players have at KU and getting drafted high will build upon itself too.

kysirsoze
04-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh i don't know, having a 1-year player each year could be quite helpful to KU. It helps in talent but also helps raise the national profile of KU and it's recruiting. The more success 1-year players have at KU and getting drafted high will build upon itself too.

Yep. If we can consistently get these high profile one and doners, it will pay dividends in recruiting.

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm not against one and dones.

doomy3
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Sorry you came off as a stupid **** so I thought you a fan of another team.

I was going to reply to this and put a clown suit on you, but then I thought better of it.

I really feel guilty for picking on retards, so I will let it slide.

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Yep. If we can consistently get these high profile one and doners, it will pay dividends in recruiting.

You just can't have more than 1 or 2 at once.

BWillie
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
You just can't have more than 1 or 2 at once.

Has there every been a roster with TWO one and done players on a roster at the same time? I can't think of any.

ChiefsFanatic
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM

We should have offered Jordan's kid, then we could let the recruits know that MJ would be at most of the games. I mean, couldn't hurt, right?

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 08:43 PM
We should have offered Jordan's kid, then we could let the recruits know that MJ would be at most of the games. I mean, couldn't hurt, right?

It worked for Larry Brown with Scooter Barry. His dad, Rick, was at most games.

Reerun_KC
04-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow, this is going to be a great ride next year. NC or bust...

Skip Towne
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, this is going to be a great ride next year. NC or bust...

Where have you been? I thought you overshot a runway and died in a fiery crash.

Reerun_KC
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Where have you been? I thought you overshot a runway and died in a fiery crash.

Been flying pipeline patrol, starting my own aircraft management company, meetings with people here and there....

Not flying the jets much right now.

irishjayhawk
04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't know if anyone mentioned this but there's a Xavier Henry twitter account. Allegedly, it's him but honestly sounds like a good parody that should have come out earlier.

If it is indeed him, he has said today: "@Joe College: you'll find out tomorrow but I think you guys will be happy"

KC_Connection
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM

I'd like KU to get 1 year players every year.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Who gives a shit just as long as we win a title every couple years? Exactly. You come to KU to play for and in the title game, and win it. That's all every player, coach and fan cares about. Who cares if they are one and done? Not me. That's a title in that one year and the year after hopefully. Keep them coming.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha, holy Jesus:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/luke_winn/04/21/recruiting/index.html

But both Henry and Nolan Dennis, the 10th-rated shooting guard in the class, had signed National Letters of Intent with the Tigers that conveniently contained clauses allowing them to be released if Calipari took another job. "I didn't have the idea to put the [clause] in there," Henry said. "Coach Cal did it for us."That one statement proves so many conspiracy theories swirling around.

DJay23
04-23-2009, 08:48 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/luke_winn/04/21/recruiting/index.html

That one statement proves so many conspiracy theories swirling around.

No wonder John Cheney wanted to kill him.

the Talking Can
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM

wow

he's a pimp ready to sell his recruits to the highest bidder....UK

doomy3
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
When's the press conference? Is there a stream for it anywhere?

teedubya
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Don't know if anyone mentioned this but there's a Xavier Henry twitter account. Allegedly, it's him but honestly sounds like a good parody that should have come out earlier.

If it is indeed him, he has said today: "@Joe College: you'll find out tomorrow but I think you guys will be happy"

what is his twitter id?

irishjayhawk
04-23-2009, 09:36 AM
what is his twitter id?

Xavier_Henry

Buehler445
04-23-2009, 09:37 AM

Gaaaah. Kharma will be a bitch some day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
It would be funny as hell if Calipari got busted for major recruiting violations at UK now.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Anyways, whenever this is made officially official, congrats on getting an awesome player and person. I know this has been oh so trying for you (pooooor babies), but you'll get over the difficulty of the process pretty quickly.

And good luck to X and CJ, too. I hope for the best for them both.

Mr. Plow
04-23-2009, 10:06 AM

Calipari is a POS.

Sure-Oz
04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
what is his twitter id?

wtf is twitter

Mr. Plow
04-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Live feed of presser at http://www2.kusports.com/

Mr. Plow
04-23-2009, 10:23 AM
X to KU....somewhat officially.

Spicy McHaggis
04-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Anyways, whenever this is made officially official, congrats on getting an awesome player and person. I know this has been oh so trying for you (pooooor babies), but you'll get over the difficulty of the process pretty quickly.

And good luck to X and CJ, too. I hope for the best for them both.

Thanks. Hopefully your program comes out of all this and continues to succeed.

Stay classy, Ultra.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Things should be fine. Not "best recruiting class ever and favorites for a national title" fine, but after everything we've been through we could end up scraping together a five-star or two this year and there's a massive local class in 2010 that looks pretty solid in terms of our chances. Pastner's ridiculously exciting, and frankly, watching him move around like a hummingbird is pretty fun.

And besides, DeAngelo's on ESPN Classic right now in the 2005 Motor City Bowl. http://j.photos.cx/emot-unsmith-1a4.gif

http://i39.tinypic.com/nd55cy.jpg

ArrowheadHawk
04-23-2009, 03:43 PM
KU is gonna be sick next year.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
We have a breaking news update:

http://j.photos.cx/UKpirates-402.jpg

Poor Nolan Dennis, thrown overboard by the pirates to make room for other hostages.

irishjayhawk
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
We have a breaking news update:

http://j.photos.cx/UKpirates-402.jpg

Poor Nolan Dennis, thrown overboard by the pirates to make room for other hostages.

ROFL

Thig Lyfe
04-23-2009, 09:02 PM
KU is gonna be sick next year.

So much talent and confidence.

shitgoose
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Bringing in X bodes well for Sherron. I think he will be able to get his assist/turnover ratio to a respectable number which in turn will help the team and improve his draft stock.

I was one of those guys on the screw X and sign Born Ready bandwagon but in the end I am happy he finally made the right choice.

RCJH

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Yo dudes, looks like we're playing in the Lou this year.

Hopefully Memphis-Kansas still ends up being an X-Crazy Lance matchup.