PDA

View Full Version : Football Raji didn't test positive (Espn.com retraction)

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Web site posts correction on Raji

<cite class="source"> ESPN.com news services

</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->After reporting earlier this month than NFL draft prospect B.J. Raji failed a drug test at the NFL combine in February, SI.com retracted its story Tuesday night.

<!-- INLINE NFL.com Video (END) -->Raji played at Boston College and is among the top-rated defensive tackles heading into the draft Saturday. He and his agents disputed SI.com's initial report.

SI.com reported that NFL scouts had been told that Raji also tested positive for marijuana during his time at BC.

A statement released Tuesday by the Web site said "an SI.com report posted earlier this month incorrectly stated that Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji's name would appear on the NFL's list of players who tested positive for drugs at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. We regret the error."

KCChiefsMan
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
yup, if we go 3-4 we seriously need to draft this guy. Glad they issued a retraction, he would of fell a bit. Since he's not actually a complete moron, I would prefer we draft him.

Hootie
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
hello old news

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
yup, if we go 3-4 we seriously need to draft this guy. Glad they issued a retraction, he would of fell a bit. Since he's not actually a complete moron, I would prefer we draft him.

He still might fall, he's got other character issues besides the pot.

And the idea that we NEED to draft him is pretty flawed. None of the premier 3-4 NT's were taken in the top 10, let alone the top 5. He might not even be the best 3-4 prospect on his TEAM, let alone in this draft. He's a penetrator and might be better-suited to play 3T in a 4-3.

DaFace
04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
SI posted the retraction. ESPN just posted the story.

keg in kc
04-22-2009, 09:32 PM
He's got more issues. And we're not going 3-4, I think it's pretty well established we're going 4-3 under. I mean - why hire pendergast in the first place...

We've got Tank and Dorsey, what we need (in the worst way) is a pass rusher.