PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft So far, I grade the Chiefs draft as...

Fat Elvis
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
...a solid A.

The #3 pick the Chiefs got the premier 5 technique DE in the draft which is absolutely necessary for the 3-4.

With the #34 pick, the Chiefs got their heir apparent QBOFT, Matt Cassell (who actually has NFL experience), OLB Mike Vrabel, and a ticket for Pro Bowl QB Jay Cutler out of Denver.

No matter how you slice it, that is a pretty effective first day draft--even if the first day of the actual draft seemed somewhat boring.

wild1
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I kind of like that they didn't allow a poor trade market to push them into taking someone like an OT instead of the guy they were targeting, even if they were a little high in the draft for him (according to conventional wisdom).

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 11:15 PM
I kind of like that they didn't allow a poor trade market to push them into taking someone like an OT instead of the guy they were targeting, even if they were a little high in the draft for him (according to conventional wisdom).

That's the way I see it, too.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I would say a B. They didn't take the sexy pick, but they still took a position of value in the top 3 and put their stamp on the transition to the 3-4, with the top rated 5 technique DE. I really liked the comparison to Russell Maryland-hope he plays that well.

Woodrow Call
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Considering the options were a LT we didn't need, an ILB we didn't need, a DE we needed but a reach or take it up the ass Cleveland style I think the Chiefs made the right pick. Sometimes you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit so I'll give them a B.

I'd probably give the Cassel/Vrabel trade a B as well.

Solid first day overall with the potential to pull off a real good day 2.

Color Red
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM

That's what happens when your turn in the draft doesn't match the best talent available, and you can't trade out. You risk reaching and possibly so. But what a payday for this LSU kid! Ch-ching!

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 12:24 AM
That's what happens when your turn in the draft doesn't match the best talent available, and you can't trade out. You risk reaching and possibly so. But what a payday for this LSU kid! Ch-ching!

We sure do loves our Baton Rouge.

Fun town. Humid as all fuck though.

salame
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
there seems to be a definite LSU to KC pipeline

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 12:38 AM
there seems to be a definite LSU to KC pipeline

Does that pipeline include Southern Belles and "Items of Questionable Legality?

If so, sign me up!