PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Who would you have taken with the Chiefs' second-round pick?

Rain Man
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
You can either take the Patriots' offer, or you can pick a guy.

No tradedowns.

KcMizzou
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Matt Cassel.

58kcfan89
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Matt Cassel.

This.

DeezNutz
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Brown or Maleeemallaeeeuga.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Rey or Britton
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Maualuga.

Basileus777
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Michael Mitchell

Woodrow Call
04-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Michael Mitchell

LMAO

BigChiefFan
When you poise this question, it puts it into perspective, at how well we actually did with the Cassell trade-let's hope he lives up to the hype. A 2nd round pick for a potential franchise QB is a steal, if it pans out.

DaFace
I'm content with what we got from the Pats.

doomy3
04-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Michael Mitchell

LMAOLMAO

Crush
Michael Mitchell

He's so good that nobody knows who he is. Thanks, Al.

doomy3
Cassel and Vrabel for sure

Bowser
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Matt Cassel.

This.

I'm content with what we got from the Pats.

Cassel and Vrabel for sure

^

ArrowheadHawk
04-25-2009, 11:59 PM
I like what we got.

88TG88
04-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Bea Arthur

wild1
04-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Cassel and Vrabel

Woodrow Call
04-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty pleased with how it all end up but Sanchez and Rey would've been sweet.

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Rey Maualuga (with Sanchez in the 1st).

BigChiefFan
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm pretty pleased with how it all end up but Sanchez and Rey would've been sweet.Agreed.

Rudy lost the toss
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM

agreed...but I can deal with Cassel/Jackson...

Chiefs=Good
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Michael Mitchell

This

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Brown or Maleeemallaeeeuga.

We don't get any players with Voodoo under Pioli; that's just too exciting.

Just repeat after me:

"Mathematics on grass = wins"

There ya' go; now you're down with the program.

wild1
04-26-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm pretty pleased with how it all end up but Sanchez and Rey would've been sweet.

no... Rey Sanchez would have been sweet!

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 12:56 AM
We don't get any players with Voodoo under Pioli; that's just too exciting.

Just repeat after me:

There ya' go; now you're down with the program.

Vermeils teams were exciting. Did you like that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
04-26-2009, 12:56 AM
It makes me feel when people were saying they announced the contact because we had a trade in place, that Pioli was reminding the fan base that we spent our 2nd on Cassel. People were expecting him to make something out of nothing.

wild1
04-26-2009, 01:01 AM
ror born in a toilet!! ROFL

i'm dying over here

Smed1065
36 million guarantee! Still using it-LOL

Raised On Riots
Vermeils teams were exciting. Did you like that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Will you go to sleep and go to Church for fuck's sake?

A LOT of teams have been exciting in the History of the NFL, and they've won Super Bowls.

New England under Belichick/Pioli has NEVER been like that. They were the most unremarkable winners in the history of the game, and the guy that defines their success on the field was total fucking HAPPENSTANCE!

AN ACCIDENT!

And to think or try to spin it differently is just a big fucking LIE.

Smed1065
04-26-2009, 01:03 AM

A LOT of teams have been exciting in the History of the NFL, and they've won Super Bowls.

New England under Belichick/Pioli has NEVER been like that. They were the most unremarkable winners in the history of the game, and the guy that defines their success on the field was total fucking HAPPENSTANCE!

AN ACCIDENT!

So you are saying it does not have to be exciting?

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 01:05 AM
So you are saying it does not have to be exciting?

I'm saying I'd like to see some balance between the two. It makes for better AS WELL AS winning football.

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM

AN ACCIDENT!

You're ignorant.

You have nothing to base that on. One guy in Boston media. One guy, a known ass hole named Ron Borges says crap like that. You buy it because you are ass hole too.
In 2001 Borges blasted the pick of Seymour because they missed out on David Terrell
He's a laughing stock in Boston much like you are.

Yeah,who wants a boring team that wins 3 Super Bowls.

Its late. Drink your Poop Smoothie and go to bed.
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Michael Mitchell

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Your ignorant.

You have nothing to base that on. One guy in Boston media. One guy, a known ass hole named Ron Borges says crap like that. You buy it because you are ass hole too.
In 2001 Borges blasted the pick of Seymour because they missed out on David Terrell
He's a laughing stock in Boston much like you are.

Its late. Drink your Poop Smoothie and go to bed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Listen you sack of fucking shit; I've never heard of these media hacks you refer to. If I don't enjoy reading the local crop, what makes you think I'd care enough to read some Boston Ass Hat?
This is based solely on what I've seen with my own eyes as the years have gone by.

Fess up Scott; confess all to the Planet.

okcchief
04-26-2009, 02:53 AM
\

This

But I'm hoping I'm completely wrong and they both blow balls.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Not to go all true fan I think might have took Britton over Rey.

MoreLemonPledge
04-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Michael Mitchell

We should have gotten him with our first.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2009, 03:01 AM
With a weak O line, run game (blitz pickup too LJ) and limited weapons Cassell will be the next Scott Mitchell. This trade was a waste of a 1st day pick that could have helped re-build the team.

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 03:03 AM

Don't know anything about him, but I'll put you in charge of next years draft.

We'll have to outfit you with the full "Mission Impossible" getup, Pioli-style. We'll kidnap the Don, keep him nice and quiet, and put you and Hamas to work on the clock!

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Don't know anything about him

He played down southwest of where you live. Can play both tackle spots and would have been a top 10 pick if he didnt come out early this year.

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 03:11 AM
He played down southwest of where you live. Can play both tackle spots and would have been a top 10 pick if he didnt come out early this year.

ASU?

milkman
04-26-2009, 06:23 AM

That would be a good choice too, but I would stick with Sanchez/Mauluga with players like Jamon Meredith and Kraig Urbik still on the board, not to mention my boy Fenuki Topou.

I have to say though, I'd be real tempted to go your route with Mihael Johnson also still on the board.

CupidStunt
04-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Cassel and Vrabel are the best option, IMO, but I'd have taken Everette Brown of the draft prospects. They desperately need some speed in this fucking 3-4.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm saying I'd like to see some balance between the two. It makes for better AS WELL AS winning football.

Why don't you let them play a couple of games before you declare them "unexciting"?

milkman
04-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Why don't you let them play a couple of games before you declare them "unexciting"?

The way the media is talking about the Jackson pick, saying that the Chiefs needed a pass rusher, this kid is bound to be a disappointment to many/most fans.

He is (probably) going to be a damn good 3-4 DE who can slide inside for passing downs.

If he plays at a level close to Richard Seymour, he will have been a very good pick, but average fan is going to wonder why the hell he isn't getting double digit sacks.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 07:06 AM
The way the media is talking about the Jackson pick, saying that the Chiefs needed a pass rusher, this kid is bound to be a disappointment to many/most fans.

He is (probably) going to be a damn good 3-4 DE who can slide inside for passing downs.

If he plays at a level close to Richard Seymour, he will have been a very good pick, but average fan is going to wonder why the hell he isn't getting double digit sacks.

Well, take your pick. Either the average fan bitches or everybody here does.

I swear, it's becoming impossible to be a fan AND participate in said fandom. It seems people want to be football fans now because they don't have any other outlet for their angst.

I'm beginning to wonder why I cam back. This isn't fun. It's depressing. Bitch, moan, call people names. Repeat.

milkman
04-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Well, take your pick. Either the average fan bitches or everybody here does.

I swear, it's becoming impossible to be a fan AND participate in said fandom. It seems people want to be football fans now because they don't have any other outlet for their angst.

I'm beginning to wonder why I cam back. This isn't fun. It's depressing. Bitch, moan, call people names. Repeat.

Hopefully, the bitching and moaning wil subside, and we can discuss the upcoming season with some civility.

I think the draft brings out the worst in many of us, myself included.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Hopefully, the bitching and moaning wil subside, and we can discuss the upcoming season with some civility.

I think the draft brings out the worst in many of us, myself included.

I'm not sure it's just the draft, but I've found myself over the last few days going back to being the same asshole I was before I left.

I'd like to think otherwise, but I think Chiefsplanet itself, not just the draft, brings out the worst in many of us.

Coogs
04-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Cassel and Vrabel.

It made for a boring day yesterday. As did the Tyson Jackson selection. However, I would much rather be bored on the Saturday of the draft than have to sit through 2-14 again.

Here is hoping our team is on the move up.

milkman
04-26-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure it's just the draft, but I've found myself over the last few days going back to being the same asshole I was before I left.

I'd like to think otherwise, but I think Chiefsplanet itself, not just the draft, brings out the worst in many of us.

There is some substance to that.

The size of this place, and the loose moderation does lend itself to easy aggressiveness.

Still, I have posted at other sites that are less tolerant, and this is still the best forum.

For you, just taking a break every now and then, like Mr. Fax does, could be a good thing.

I will say this.

I'd rather have a more strict moderation than lose good solid posters like yourself.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Cassel and Vrabel.

It made for a boring day yesterday. As did the Tyson Jackson selection. However, I would much rather be bored on the Saturday of the draft than have to sit through 2-14 again.

This.

TheGuardian
04-26-2009, 08:15 AM

I see what you mean.

I said this before, there are more fans now who are "fans" to do nothing more than bitch, moan, and complain about everything the team they "root" for does.

Then when you call them out on it they say shit like "I have the right to be critical of the things my team does". Yet they can find nothing good anywhere in anything the team does. As someone noted we could win 3 SB's like the Pats and these same fans would find something to bitch about.

Jackson is not a sexy pick. He's not going to get 10-15 sacks a year. But I'm coming around on him the more Pioli talks about how the envision using him. A guy like Maryland or Seymour that you can move inside and outside, he can set the edge, anchor down, then move inside and collapse the pocket on passing downs. In other words, we drafted a versatile guy that will allow OTHER guys to become better players because of him.

Will he struggle? Yes. It's these same fans that bitch all the time that also have Dorsey listed as a bust. Pioli also talked about the fact that Ty Warren, Wilfork, and Seymour had terrible rookie years. What do they all have in common with Dorsey? Yeah, they all play inside.

Some fans are just ignorant pain in the asses. That's how it goes.

Coogs
04-26-2009, 08:26 AM

I agree. I have found myself starting to get angered on many occasions here. And what I have had to do is just limit myself in who I have tried to engage into conversations with. If it is someone that ticks me off, I usually just read and move on... and wait until the people with whom I respect their opinions are logged on to try and engage in conversation. And on many occasions I don't really get "inviteted" into the conversation, if you know what I mean, but I still feel that several folks here do respect my opinion from time to time anyway.

I miss a lot of the good old posters who have moved on, but I do look forward to the ones who are left like you, Milkman, nj, Mecca, Keg, Laz, Chris Meck, and several others.

Enjoy the 2nd day of the draft fellas! :toast:

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Htismaqe -- I think that a lot of us are more "on edge" than usual this offseason. This was the worst n00b season since I've been a poster here, and it was so even before you came back.

I'm pretty confidant that things will cool down after the draft and return to whatever level of normalcy that ChiefsPlanet has.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Cassel and Vrabel.

A little disappointed... We went through the first 2 rounds and yet to have an impact.

I was hoping we would make some serious draft day noise, make a move, grab something that would get the fans excited...

So far, we really havent improved much IMO...

el borracho
04-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Sanchez in the 1st
Maualuga in the 2nd

Deberg_1990
04-26-2009, 10:03 AM

Honestly, this team has so many needs, people would have bitched no matter who we picked.

If we would have picked Crabtree "WHy didnt we pick D-Line??"

If we would have picked Monroe: "Why didnt we pick Crabtree?""

etc, etc etc.....

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Sanchez in the 1st
Maualuga in the 2nd
Are you aware that Gunther Cunningham is still your avatar?

el borracho
04-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Are you aware that Gunther Cunningham is still your avatar?

Yes... and there are a number of reasons for that. Feel free to choose your favorite:

I don't remember how to change it
I don't have any other great ideas for an avatar
I am too lazy to change it
I'm sure it leads to many false assumptions and that amuses me

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 10:20 AM

you have to chose to not do it

i have purposefully let up on the complaints.....i strive for equanimity now...it is what it is once the decision is done....

these moves weren't made just to spite the chattering class on chiefsplanet....Halioli made the moves the believe are best for the future of the team...they think Cassel is the real deal, they don't care what an epic douchebag like DCS thinks....

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
And now a run on WR's. We're gonna end up without one.

el borracho
04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
We are going to end up without a lot of things. We have to hope like heck that the few picks we do have are spent wisely and that we are hugely successful at signing rookie free-agents who can contribute. In all honesty, we are probably looking at another beating this season. Despite Herm's claim that the team was "85%" done, we are a long way away from competetive.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
We are going to end up without a lot of things. We have to hope like heck that the few picks we do have are spent wisely and that we are hugely successful at signing rookie free-agents who can contribute. In all honesty, we are probably looking at another beating this season. Despite Herm's claim that the team was "85%" done, we are a long way away from competetive.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I understand that.

el borracho
04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I know you do. You're about two giant steps ahead of most on here when it comes to football knowledge (and probably three or four steps ahead of me).

It is a bit of a wonder we aren't trading down (or out) a bit more to accumulate picks. I expected Pioli to be more "active."

Raised On Riots
04-26-2009, 02:26 PM
you have to chose to not do it

i have purposefully let up on the complaints.....i strive for equanimity now...it is what it is once the decision is done....

these moves weren't made just to spite the chattering class on chiefsplanet....Halioli made the moves the believe are best for the future of the team...they think Cassel is the real deal, they don't care what an epic douchebag like DCS thinks....

Eat shit asshole. Who the fuck do you think you are?