PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Bengals having one hell of a draft....

aturnis
04-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Five top talents in the first four rounds. A lot of people might not like the Andre Smith pick, but if he can get his shit together, they might have the top draft this year.

Round 1, Pick 6 (6) Andre Smith OT 6'4" 332 Alabama

Pick Analysis:Marvin Lewis has stated that he wants to get back to running the football, and Smith gives the Bengals a dominating offensive tackle to run behind. Though he had a series of mishaps in the run up to the draft, there is no denying that Smith is one of the best tackle prospects in the draft.

Round 2, Pick 6 (38) Rey Maualuga ILB 6'2" 249 Southern Cal

Pick Analysis:After surprisingly dropping out of the first round, Maualuga lands with the Bengals at No. 38. The high-motor playmaker from USC gives Marvin Lewis a heavy hitter at middle linebacker. With last year's top pick (Keith Rivers) coming back from an injury, the Bengals have a pair of young and athletic linebackers to anchor the middle of the defense.

Round 3, Pick 6 (70) Michael Johnson DE 6'7" 266 Georgia Tech

Pick Analysis:The Bengals pick up an edge rusher with first-round talent with their selection of Johnson. A tall, rangy athlete with explosive quickness, Johnson has the ability to run down quarterbacks from the backside. Though he doesn't play with great effort at all times, he has the potential to be an impact player as a situational pass rusher.

Round 3, Pick 34 (98) (Compensatory selection) Chase Coffman TE 6'6" 244 Missouri

Pick Analysis:A foot injury prevented him from probably being drafted higher. He's an excellent receiving tight end, but he'll have to learn how to block. He has outstanding hands and will be one of those move-type tight ends. His father was an All-Pro tight end with the Packers. His coach at Missouri said Coffman is the one guy who will go to the NFL and be good right away.

Round 4, Pick 6 (106) Jonathan Luigs C 6'4" 301 Arkansas

Pick Analysis:Cincy needed a center and looked at all of them. The Bengals staff coached at the Senior Bowl saw Luigs quite a bit. He was a four-year starter and was the center of the year in 2007. Some people feel he tailed off, but he has made all the calls at the line. The question is, how is he going to handle the power nose tackles? He may have to hit the weight room a bit to handle the Ravens and Steelers defenses.
Round 5, Pick 6 (142)
Round 6, Pick 6 (179)
Round 6, Pick 36 (209) (Compensatory selection)
Round 7, Pick 6 (215)
Round 7, Pick 40 (249) (Compensatory selection)
Round 7, Pick 43 (252) (Compensatory selection)

Mr. Krab
04-26-2009, 10:45 AM
very nice

aturnis
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Come on, noone commenting? You know we'd all be thrilled to get probably 5 starters in 5 picks.

bigdreams1
04-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Ya I'd cream for this draft

ILChief
04-26-2009, 10:56 AM
everyone slobbed Carl for our draft last year and we still won two games

chiefs1111
04-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Yup they have had a great draft so far

Marco Polo
04-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I saw this list on TV and thought it was pretty impressive.

rambleonthruthefog
04-26-2009, 11:07 AM
looks good on paper. to bad they have a crappy owner, a crappy history, and a more than crappy coach. Marvin Lewis is a f'n joke. i'd rather have herm.

milkman
04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
looks good on paper. to bad they have a crappy owner, a crappy history, and a more than crappy coach. Marvin Lewis is a f'n joke. i'd rather have herm.

Your and Idiot.

Brock
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
They drafted a bunch of names everybody recognizes so that's what passes for a good draft.

whoman69
04-26-2009, 11:13 AM
These are the Bengals, they draft only for talent and nothing else. They're going to end up just like the Bengal drafts of the past. These guys were passed on for a reason by most teams. Outwardly it looks like a good draft, but they have a lot of questions to be asked about these players.

rambleonthruthefog
04-26-2009, 11:14 AM
:rolleyes:Your and Idiot.

ok, i'm sorry. the bengals are gonna take the league by force with this draft class! i mean damn! smith, maualuga, and johnson! wow, just wow! Marvin lewis is very underrated and i applaud the move the keep him by the bengals owner. these two have combined to make so many good choices for this franchise. I really can't figure out what is holding this franchise back. we know its not this years draft class, what a bunch of studs! :rolleyes:

milkman
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
:rolleyes:

ok, i'm sorry. the bengals are gonna take the league by force with this draft class! i mean damn! smith, maualuga, and johnson! wow, just wow! Marvin lewis is very underrated and i applaud the move the keep him by the bengals owner. these two have combined to make so many good choices for this franchise. I really can't figure out what is holding this franchise back. we know its not this years draft class, what a bunch of studs! :rolleyes:

Your and Idiot because no one, not a single coach in the NFL, is as bad as Herman fucking Edwards.

rambleonthruthefog
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Your and Idiot because no one, not a single coach in the NFL, is as bad as Herman ****ing Edwards.

marvin lewis is.

orange
04-26-2009, 11:18 AM
These are the Bengals, they draft only for talent and nothing else. They're going to end up just like the Bengal drafts of the past. These guys were passed on for a reason by most teams. Outwardly it looks like a good draft, but they have a lot of questions to be asked about these players.

Exactly.

doomy3
04-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I personally think Rey and Michael Johnson will be busts.

milkman
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I personally think Rey and Michael Johnson will be busts.

Johnson possibly, but I think that Mauluga has too much fire and passion for the game to bust.

In fact, I think he has exactly the kind of fire and intensity that the Bengals lack on defense, and he will raise the level of play around him because of that passion, much the same as what Ray Lewis has brought to the Ravens over the years.

orange
04-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Johnson possibly, but I think that Mauluga has too much fire and passion for the game to bust.

In fact, I think he has exactly the kind of fire and intensity that the Bengals lack on defense, and he will raise the level of play around him because of that passion, much the same as what Ray Lewis has brought to the Ravens over the years.

Maualuga has a problem with the bottle.

veist
04-26-2009, 11:45 AM
This draft really just highlights how weak the Bengals scouting dept is they are drafting guys based on potential/talent alone because their like 2 scouts don't have the time to get really in depth. Its worked out so well for them so far drafting guys with character problems. That Chris Henry guy was a real steal too.

MoreLemonPledge
04-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Maualuga has a problem with the bottle.

So does Cutler. And Roethlisberger. And Pac-Man. And me.

We've all been fine in the NFL so far.

orange
04-26-2009, 12:11 PM
So does Cutler. And Roethlisberger. And Pac-Man. And me.

We've all been fine in the NFL so far.

True. So consider how bad it must be to actually make RM's stock fall so far. People just didn't think they could count on him.

okcchief
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM
They drafted a bunch of names everybody recognizes so that's what passes for a good draft.

This

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Clinton McDonald is a 4th or 5th round talent. He's a little short, like Dorsey, so if they ask him to play undertackle he's not going to have much of an NFL career, but the guy can play.

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Bernard motherfucking Scott.