PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Just remember that last year our draft was graded A+...

petegz28
04-26-2009, 12:10 PM
by several people. How did we end last year? 2-14? Everyone who thought Dorsey was great is now calling him a bust, etc, etc, etc....

Point is....the grades and whatnot matter nothing. NOTHING, I say. I don't care what SI says about where this person should be ranked, or where Kiper says that person should be ranked.

It just doesn't matter. We had an A+ draft last year and looky-looky what happened. So just keep that note in your backpocket as you rant and bitch about our picks this year.

Personally, I think Piloi and Haley see\think we scored enough last year on offense and our defense was unable to secure the win. I happen to agree with that rto a degree as I think back to the Chargers scoring tiwce in 2 minutes to snatch a victory away from us.

Also keep in mind, Herm was the coach last year and we paid for that in all 3 aspects of the game. So before you go slitting wrists, kicking the dog, or whatever it is you do to release your frustrations.....just remember that we were A+ last year and ended up with a 2-14 record.

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Last year's draft is still an A+. 9 of the picks are still on the roster, at least 3 of them are starters, and probably 4 or more. What last year should probably teach people, if anything, is that it takes more than a single season to become an NFL star. But it won't. I'm sure we'll have plenty of 'Tyson Jackson is a bust!' threads when he doesn't get 27 sacks and the Chiefs don't have a top-5 defense.

Molitoth
04-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Herm Edwards + Carl Peterson

vs.

Todd Haley + Scott Piloi

Who do you trust?

Nightfyre
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM
by several people. How did we end last year? 2-14? Everyone who thought Dorsey was great is now calling him a bust, etc, etc, etc....

Point is....the grades and whatnot matter nothing. NOTHING, I say. I don't care what SI says about where this person should be ranked, or where Kiper says that person should be ranked.

It just doesn't matter. We had an A+ draft last year and looky-looky what happened. So just keep that note in your backpocket as you rant and bitch about our picks this year.

Personally, I think Piloi and Haley see\think we scored enough last year on offense and our defense was unable to secure the win. I happen to agree with that rto a degree as I think back to the Chargers scoring tiwce in 2 minutes to snatch a victory away from us.

Also keep in mind, Herm was the coach last year and we paid for that in all 3 aspects of the game. So before you go slitting wrists, kicking the dog, or whatever it is you do to release your frustrations.....just remember that we were A+ last year and ended up with a 2-14 record.

Right. Because a draft class is judged by its rookie season, especially when you draft a D-lineman with your first pick. Additionally, we got a franchise LT and a servicable+ CB, an effective change of pace RB, and a servicable nickleback. That is an A+ draft even based on rookie production. The effectiveness of their usage and the void of talent prior to last year was far more relevant to our record. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Mr. Krab
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
a draft won't make the difference in it's first year, especially during a rebuilding time.

This thread is irrelevant

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM

vs.

Todd Haley + Scott Piloi

Who do you trust?

H and P although i'm starting to feel like i may be in the minority(but the majority obviously knows nothing:D)

petegz28
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Right. Because a draft class is judged by its rookie season, especially when you draft a D-lineman with your first pick. Additionally, we got a franchise LT and a servicable+ CB, an effective change of pace RB, and a servicable nickleback. That is an A+ draft even based on rookie production. The effectiveness of their usage and the void of talent prior to last year was far more relevant to our record. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

:shake: You should read a little slower....

petegz28
04-26-2009, 12:19 PM
a draft won't make the difference in it's first year, especially during a rebuilding time.

No, it isn't. Sorry. How many people are on this board screaming that Dorsey is a bust? But at the same time last year were screaming what a great player he is?

I rest my case.

Nightfyre
04-26-2009, 12:19 PM
:shake: You should read a little slower....

Point is, the grade correlated with the actual success of the draft in your post and that you were suggesting it did not.

riskrevival
04-26-2009, 12:20 PM
last years draft is absolutely an A+. Most of those guys came in and played, and took a losing season right off the bat, now they have a chip on their shoulder to want to win, and with a year of NFL experience already under their belt. If those players don't play well this year, than you can say that draft class wasn't A+ potential or ____ was a bust. But give those guys a chance. It's not fair really to judge rookies in their first year of the NFL, except the 2 or 3 studs that come into a team and make an impact right away, and those are usually skill guys. Mario Williams didn't have a good rookie year in most eyes and now he is a monster, that could happen to Dorsey, but he could suck like Simms. I think it's more the latter unless he got bigger and I don't know about it.

petegz28
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Point is, the grade correlated with the actual success of the draft in your post and that you were suggesting it did not.

No, point is that everyone is freaking out over our picks this year like and I am reminded them of last year. Pay attention.

So if we get graded at C- this year for the draft and go 9-7....is Jackson still a reach? Etc, etc.....

And if you think Dorsey is a bust, which I do not, how can you call your draft A+ when your #1 pick is allegedly a bust?

Mr. Krab
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
No, it isn't. Sorry. How many people are on this board screaming that Dorsey is a bust? But at the same time last year were screaming what a great player he is?

I rest my case.
I understand your point. People shouldn't judge this draft yet. But using last year's draft as an example is a poor choice.

Nightfyre
04-26-2009, 12:24 PM
No, point is that everyone is freaking out over our picks this year like and I am reminded them of last year. Pay attention.

So if we get graded at C- this year for the draft and go 9-7....is Jackson still a reach? Etc, etc.....

And if you think Dorsey is a bust, which I do not, how can you call your draft A+ when your #1 pick is allegedly a bust?
Who freaked out last year? We got tremendous value at basically every pick on the first day except one.

petegz28
04-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I understand your point. People shouldn't judge this draft yet. But using last year's draft as an example is a poor choice.

I don't think so. But if you say so...point is..draft grades are not that relevant.

petegz28
04-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Who freaked out last year? We got tremendous value at basically every pick on the first day except one.

Ok, play your game.....I'm off to the Royals game

RJ
04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Do you people realize that Elijah Pitts was a 13th round draft choice out of Philander Smith College?

Sheesh.

Nightfyre
04-26-2009, 12:30 PM
You're right, I'm just cat and mousing you and everyone was freaking out last year. Or: The fact is, no one was freaking out last year. In fact we had a tremendous draft.

jidar
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
This thread doesn't make sense.

Last years draft was considered awesome, and by a lot of measures probably still is. You can't call Dorsey a bust yet.

So... what's the point here? You seem to be implying that we thought last years draft was great... but then it turned out we we're wrong? is that it? Because I don't agree with that.

petegz28
04-26-2009, 01:30 PM
You're right, I'm just cat and mousing you and everyone was freaking out last year. Or: The fact is, no one was freaking out last year. In fact we had a tremendous draft.
Well, if you actually read, I never said people freaked out last year. In fact I said the opposite.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
04-26-2009, 01:32 PM
This thread doesn't make sense.

Last years draft was considered awesome, and by a lot of measures probably still is. You can't call Dorsey a bust yet.

So... what's the point here? You seem to be implying that we thought last years draft was great... but then it turned out we we're wrong? is that it? Because I don't agree with that.

Those calling Dorsey a bust already would seem to be.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Our rookies played damn well last year, didnt have much other than them though.

Fish
04-26-2009, 01:36 PM

!

JuicesFlowing
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM

vs.

Todd Haley + Scott Piloi

Who do you trust?

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Svf2aWr0hfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Svf2aWr0hfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

petegz28
04-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Our rookies played damn well last year, didnt have much other than them though.

I thought so too. Especially Albert and Flowers
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 01:51 PM
This is your worst thread ever, Petegz. Last year's draft was an A+ then and is an A+ now. The team's record last year has nothing to do with it. The team's record next year is going to have nothing to do with how the 2009 class is regarded.

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
i grade this draft A+. does that mean we'll suck next year?

Farzin
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM

Your acting like Dorsey was our only draft pick.

--Albert only allowed 4 sacks.

--Flowers and Carr both got themselves 4 turnovers (both 2 INT's and 2 fumble recoveries)

--Cottam was a good blocker while Charles was a good runner anytime they played.

I don't know if I would still call it A+. Yes, your right. Dorsey did not live up to expectations, but he wasn't our only draftee last year.

petegz28
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Your acting like Dorsey was our only draft pick.

--Albert only allowed 4 sacks.

--Flowers and Carr both got themselves 4 turnovers (both 2 INT's and 2 fumble recoveries)

--Cottam was a good blocker while Charles was a good runner anytime they played.

I don't know if I would still call it A+. Yes, your right. Dorsey did not live up to expectations, but he wasn't our only draftee last year.

Never said he was. Think some are missing the point. I will do a better job next time
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 02:18 PM
:thumb:Never said he was. Think some are missing the point. I will do a better job next time
Posted via Mobile Device

Farzin
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Never said he was. Think some are missing the point. I will do a better job next time
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not saying your wrong. Look at 2007. Bad grade. Many F's were handed out.

Bowe was amazing. Turk 'N' Tank didn't do well, but Kolby Smith had two good games when he played in the second half of the season and Herb Taylor was a decent blocker anytime he came in.

I'd give that a C grade now.

Is that what you were trying to say? Or at least similar to that?

Frankie
04-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Last year's was a good draft. So far I have seen no evidence that this year's draftwill even compete with that. All I'm seeing is a forcing of 3-4 over 4-3 that WILL make Herm's drafts look worse than they are by rendering his D picks useless. we picked Dorsey in top 5 and now we don't know what to do with him. He'll probably be sold to another team at bargain price and will perhaps have a HOF career. I'll sit and watch, but I have a sick feeling this change could set us back by at least another year.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2009, 02:29 PM
What would you rate our draft this year?

KCDC
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Last year was a good draft. It is hard not to earn an A on a draft when you have two picks in the first round.

This year, I think we get a C or a D. There is no one pick that most anyone would say (draft expert or otherwise) that was a "really good" pick, or "I was surprised he was still on the board when KC picked him." We took guys that you have to explain why you took them where you took them, and then fans are left to say "okay, I just hope they work out." That is not the sign of a good grade right after a draft.

Granted, three years from now, we will really know whether selecting "undervalued" picks is better than taking a bunch of head scratchers.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 02:42 PM

9-7?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

petegz28
04-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not saying your wrong. Look at 2007. Bad grade. Many F's were handed out.

Bowe was amazing. Turk 'N' Tank didn't do well, but Kolby Smith had two good games when he played in the second half of the season and Herb Taylor was a decent blocker anytime he came in.

I'd give that a C grade now.

Is that what you were trying to say? Or at least similar to that?
Sort of.
Posted via Mobile Device