PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Q&A with CB DONALD WASHINGTON - 4/26

NIUhuskies
04-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Q&A with CB DONALD WASHINGTON - 4/26
Apr 26, 2009, 11:54:54 AM

CONFERENCE CALL

Q: What was your reaction when you found out you were coming to Kansas City?

DONALD WASHINGTON: “I can’t really explain it because this is a dream come true. This is something I have been looking for my whole life. I don’t know what to say. I am so excited. This is crazy that I have a chance to play in the NFL.”

Q: Do you know much about the Kansas City Chiefs?

WASHINGTON: “No, but I am happy that they gave me a chance. I just want to do whatever I can to bring some things back to the city.”

Q: What did Coach Haley say to you when he called you?

WASHINGTON: “He is glad that I was around and he is glad that I am under his staff.”

Q: Do you think you can play right away?

WASHINGTON: “I am going to come in and do everything I can to make that happen. It depends on how things go. I am going to come in here and give it everything I have. I want the world will see what Donald Washington is about.”

Q: Did you follow the Chiefs very much?

WASHINGTON: “Back in the day when guys like RB Marcus Allen and TE Tony Gonzalez. Being a fan of the NFL you get to see a lot of teams and great players. I am not going to sit here and say that I was a huge Kansas City fan growing up, but now I am the biggest twitterKansas City fan and my family is, too. It is the best feeling in the world. The team that picks you is the team that wants you so I know I will have a warm welcome in Kansas City so I couldn’t be happier.”

Q: You said you wanted to show the world what you are about, what are you about?

WASHINGTON: “I am about hard work and I am about winning. Coming from a program like Ohio State, we had a lot of success and we know how to handle it. At the same time I know how to handle adversity. I am a good guy in the community and I am about what is right.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04/26/qa_with_cb_donald_washington__426/

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Q: What did Coach Haley say to you when he called you?

WASHINGTON: “He is glad that I was around and he is glad that I am under his staff.”]

ROFL

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
WASHINGTON: “He is glad that I am under his staff.”NTTAWWT

Delano
04-26-2009, 11:38 AM
The kid has phenomenal physical skills, yet will go for the sure tackle over the shot at a crazy interception.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
The kid has phenomenal physical skills, yet will go for the sure tackle over the shot at a crazy interception.

good to know

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 11:40 AM

Hope we have the staff that will teach him the right things, he def. brings the physical ability

PastorMikH
04-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Q&A with CB DONALD WASHINGTON - 4/26
Apr 26, 2009, 11:54:54 AM

Q: Did you follow the Chiefs very much?

WASHINGTON: “Back in the day when guys like RB Marcus Allen and TE Tony Gonzalez.

What the heck!?!?!? Back in the day is talking about Len Dawson and Willie Lanier you young pup! Not Marcus and Tony!!!!

:cuss:

Uncle_Ted
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM
What the heck!?!?!? Back in the day is talking about Len Dawson and Willie Lanier you young pup! Not Marcus and Tony!!!!

:cuss:

I thought that was funny too ... back in the day when Tony was here ... you mean like 3 days ago? :D