04-26-2009, 12:13 PM
F U Jaycrack fans. You have to root for this guyROFL

Jaycrack?

NIUhuskies
04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
6'8" 325 lbs Damnnnn, hes a big boy

brandon
04-26-2009, 12:15 PM
I can't say I'm not disappointed that we didn't like any of the other OL prospects available.

BigRock
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM
He's Mizzou's RT, isn't he? I see no reason to change his position in the pros.

Braincase
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM
6'8" 325 lbs Damnnnn, hes a big boy

I hope he comes in ready to play. We've got a 14 million dollar QB and a 10 million dollar diaper model with peculiar taste in hats to protect.

bigdreams1
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I hope they got this pick right sounds like a road grader.

tonyetony
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
X-basketball player. Athletic, big and great foot work. Sackintosh meet your replacement.

Sure-Oz
hopefully hes our WTF pick like JA was years ago....dude is fucking huge

bigdreams1
No the broncos got kenny McKinley...thats my hometown boy. Shit they got Cory Boyd last year too. I'm not liking this trend. I would be pissed if we take meredith in any round though i had to watch his worthless ass for 2 years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
He's the 58th rated OT. He doesn't even have a draft profile on NFL.com. He's really slow and really stiff in the hips.

There is no way you can justify taking him over Robinson or Meredith.

LaChapelle
04-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Braymer Bobcat knocked up my cousin.

Mizzou_8541
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
X-basketball player. Athletic, big and great foot work. Sackintosh meet your replacement.

Athletic and big, yes. Not sure about the great footwork.

tomahawk kid
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Brown's a big nasty bastard and was a very good RT for us at Mizzou.

Total road grater with a mean streak.

Having said that - I think this is a huuuuuuuuuuge reach to me.

NIUhuskies
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
hes #61 HUUUUUGE!
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/78335909.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193BDCE2EE16407E7881827EA63CD95B718284831B75F48EF45

KChiefs1
04-26-2009, 12:23 PM
walked on at Mizzou

L.A. Chieffan
haha i think they're picking guys they think they can sign for cheap. honestly

Sure-Oz
Brown's a big nasty bastard and was a very good RT for us at Mizzou.

Total road grater with a mean streak.

Having said that - I think this is a huuuuuuuuuuge reach to me.
His size is the only thing i can think that is good about this pick....man oh man i hope they know wtf they are doing

ChiTown
04-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli
I trust Pioli

Please God, let these guys know wtf they're doing. :eek:

beer bacon
04-26-2009, 12:26 PM
He's the 58th rated OT. He doesn't even have a draft profile on NFL.com. He's really slow and really stiff in the hips.

Shut the fuck up Hamas. Its the fucking fifth round you jackass.

Mecca
And here it is, the really bad pick.

Fat Elvis
I imagine Mizzou fans did this when they found out that a Tiger was going to be on the Chiefs....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkgMbU-we1o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkgMbU-we1o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
Shut the fuck up Hamas. Its the fucking fifth round you jackass.

That is no excuse for making a bad pick.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:27 PM

once again, how can you say that now?

BigChiefFan
Seems like a total reach to me.

beer bacon

You don't know shit. Stop acting like you know this fifth round pick is bad. You prognosticators acting like you have some sort of special insight is hilarious.

tomahawk kid
04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
His size is the only thing i can think that is good about this pick....man oh man i hope they know wtf they are doing

Add to the size a nasty streak and an affinity for hard work. I'm also guessing that Mizzou's system has some similarities to the system we're going to run here and they project him as a RT.

A like the kid alot, I just didn't expect him to get drafted.

Seriously - I can only echo my earlier sentiments about Haley and Pioli. At least that was a position of need, but wouldn't have guessed they would have taken Brown in my most homerific MU dreams........hope I'm wrong about how this draft is shaping up.....

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
And here it is, the really bad pick.

He's an offensive RT and it's the 5th round. "Really bad" is going way overboard.

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
I honestly don't know about this pick but the one thing Pioli did good with the pats is draft good o-line late and DL.

So here is to hoping they know what they are doing

Mecca
Anytime you take a player who doesn't have a profile on any draft site including NFL.com...bad sign.

Messier
You don't know shit. Stop acting like you know this fifth round pick is bad. You prognosticators acting like you have some sort of special insight is hilarious.

I think Mecca just means value wise. I don't think he's predicting he'll be a bad player, I could be wrong however.

Coogs
04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
On ESPN when the pick was announced, they had a little bit about him in the rectangle where they announce the pick. It said hw was a 3-time All Big 12 selection. :shrug:

tomahawk kid
04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I honestly don't know about this pick but the one thing Pioli did good with the pats is draft good o-line late and DL.

So here is to hoping they know what they are doing

Very true.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I think Mecca just means value wise. I don't think he's predicting he'll be a bad player, I could be wrong however.

you are wrong here

kcpasco
The guy is big enough to have his own area code

Maybe they seen something on film they can coach and make him better.

tonyetony
I wouldn't have picked him just like the rest of the experts. But Pioli seems to make his living in these rounds so for now I'm going to trust him. Now we know he is going to address the need one way or another. I'm not sure about the pick but I like the approach Pioli is taking. He really is sticking to his guns on the intangibles philosophy.

ChiefRon
Anytime you take a player who doesn't have a profile on any draft site including NFL.com...bad sign.

Not only that, but projected to go undrafted, so u know he'd be there in rd 6 or 7

I'm glad Pioli knows how to move around the board to get the players he wants at the right value...

Pasta Giant Meatball
It could be he fits the offense better than the other guys available. Still it does seem he could have been had later.

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
pioli is just saving the chiefs money. kudos pioli!

okiedokieokoye
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Didn't we draft this guy last year? His name was Barry Richardson...

beer bacon
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Not only that, but projected to go undrafted, so u know he'd be there in rd 6 or 7

I'm glad Pioli knows how to move around the board to get the players he wants at the right value...

Again, nobody here has any damn clue about when he was actually going ot be drafted. Denver or Cinci may have been looking at him a few picks later.

htismaqe

We don't "know" anything. Somebody after us might have drafted him in the 5th.

KChiefs1
Colin Brown's Bio:

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_colin00.html

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Again, nobody here has any damn clue about when he was actually going ot be drafted. Denver or Cinci may have been looking at him a few picks later.

LOL, keep telling yourself that, if you say it enough you'll believe it

KC kid

He dwarfs Richardson

Reaper16
Exactly. Draft value & how good a player could become are not the same thing.

R&GHomer
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
:eek: That's a big sonbiatch! I honestly have no information on the kid, but given Pioli's track record with linemen in the later rounds and the fact he played O line I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Did I mention :eek: Damn that's a big sunbiatch.

Hog Farmer

Maybe they had one to put up but with his mean streak he called them up and threatened to pound their ass if they did so.

beer bacon
LOL, keep telling yourself that, if you say it enough you'll believe it

If I am wrong I won't be able to sleep knowing my football may have been able to draft a fifth rounder in the sixith :eek:

royr17
Im not really too sure about this pick, I mean when there are players like OT Jamon Meredith, Alex Boone, and OG's Duke Robinson and Herman Johnson available, then you gotta ask yourself why.

I dunno. I would've much preferred Meredith or Boone over this guy.

HemiEd
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Add to the size a nasty streak and an affinity for hard work. I'm also guessing that Mizzou's system has some similarities to the system we're going to run here and they project him as a RT.

A like the kid alot, I just didn't expect him to get drafted.

Seriously - I can only echo my earlier sentiments about Haley and Pioli. At least that was a position of need, but wouldn't have guessed they would have taken Brown in my most homerific MU dreams........hope I'm wrong about how this draft is shaping up.....
Just trying to think out of the box a little here. Is there any chance they might try and move him to the other side of the ball at NT?

beer bacon
04-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Just trying to think out of the box a little here. Is there any chance they might try and move him to the other side of the ball at NT?

He seems too big to play NT. He has the right weight but he is five or six inches too tall.

Pitt Gorilla
LOL, keep telling yourself that, if you say it enough you'll believe itDo you have concrete evidence otherwise?

I'm surprised by the Brown pick. He's huge, walked on at Mizzou, and played pretty well. Of course, many are predicting Hoch to be an even better tackle, but that doesn't mean Brown was bad.

shammus
Huge lineman that projects as a RT yet questionable footwork and speed. Sounds a lot like Richardson.

I like that we went after a RT, but this just isn't who I was expecting. What makes Brown preferable to Jamon Meredith?

bigdreams1
I think Bill was the one doing the draft day trades. We haven't moved once and i thought thats what "he" was known for.

Fish
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
On ESPN when the pick was announced, they had a little bit about him in the rectangle where they announce the pick. It said hw was a 3-time All Big 12 Academic selection. :shrug:

FYP.... LMAO

It was funny that all the praise they could find on the kid was academic...

I'm not dogging the pick, but nobody had a clue about him.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Richardson's negatives are Brown's positives - work ethic, drive, intelligence.

SBK
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Big nasty road grader with experience working in space---I like the pick.

And you can't know if he was a reach until you know who else was targeting him. The Bears traded back in the 2nd because the Raiders picked their guy. Cleveland traded back in the 1st cause we got their guy. Thus, who many thought were reaches actually were not.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
FYP.... LMAO

So you're saying he's 6'7", well over 300 pounds, AND he's smart?

I'll take it EVERY time.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM

I'll take it EVERY time.

yep fits the mold of what this new regime wants, too bad some will always hate him no matter what he does

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
yep fits the mold of what this new regime wants, too bad some will always hate him no matter what he does

If he's good for us i dont see how we can hate him

beer bacon

Just so you know, I had this drafted graded as a solid A, but I am dropping it down to D+ after this pick. Take that Pioli!

Coogs
FYP.... LMAO

It didn't say academic.

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, here's the homer's take (gretz)

"Overall analysis: started 28 consecutive games at RT in Mizzou’s very effective and prolific offense in the 2007-08 seasons. He showed up in the Tigers program as a walk-on from Braymer, which is on Route A at the intersecton of Route 116, just off Route 36 between Cameron and Chilicothe in Caldwell County. Yes, he grew up a Chiefs fan. His versatility of being able to play all five positions and his time in a winning big-time program like Missouri figure to be major reasons he was selected by the Chiefs."

Fish

I'll take it EVERY time.

I've always thought that intelligence was underrated in the evaluation process. I prefer smart guys. Often times that gives them an edge over physically similar players. Like I said, I'm not dogging the pick, just thought it was funny that they had no clue about him.

JASONSAUTO
If he's good for us i dont see how we can hate him

bullshit there are many on this board that will hate a player just because they didnt like the pick or the signing, no matter what else happens. they cant change their stance

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
I've always thought that intelligence was underrated in the evaluation process. I prefer smart guys. Often times that gives them an edge over physically similar players. Like I said, I'm not dogging the pick, just thought it was funny that they had no clue about him.

obviously "they" had a clue about him. we are the ones who didnt

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
5th-Round Choice: OT Colin Brown/Missouri (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/5th-round-choice.html)
April 26, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

Colin Brown/Missouri/OT

* HT: 6-8
* WT: 325 pounds
* Born:
* High School: Braymer High School, Missouri, where he was an all-state basketball player.
* Testing: in Pro Day at Missouri he ran 5.38 seconds in 40-yard dash, 27.5 inches in vertical jump, 8-feet, 4-inches in the broad jump and he bench pressed 225 pounds 23 times.

2008 season: started 14 games at right tackle, but missed some game time because of a sprained right ankle. He was selected honorable mention for All-Big 12 Conference by the coaches. He was first-team All-Big 12 Academic Team.

2007: started 14 games at right tackle. He won the team’s J. Ed “Brick Travis Interior Lineman Award and was selected All-Big 12 Conference honorable mention by the conference’s coaches.

2006: played in 13 games with some game action on offense at left guard, where he was No. 2 on the depth chart.

2005:
played 2 games as a backup center. Brown was given a scholarship at the start of the season.

2004: red-shirt freshman season as a walk-on.

Overall analysis: started 28 consecutive games at RT in Mizzou’s very effective and prolific offense in the 2007-08 seasons. He showed up in the Tigers program as a walk-on from Braymer, which is on Route A at the intersecton of Route 116, just off Route 36 between Cameron and Chilicothe in Caldwell County. Yes, he grew up a Chiefs fan. His versatility of being able to play all five positions and his time in a winning big-time program like Missouri figure to be major reasons he was selected by the Chiefs.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
you are wrong here

You do not understand draft value or how the draft works that is plain.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Possibility they project him at RG?

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Colin Brown will be our Albert Pujols

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2009, 12:49 PM
piolis plan: draft guys that never would have expected to be picked where they were and tell them to STFU AND STFD and then laugh maniacally.

HemiEd
04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Richardson's negatives are Brown's positives - work ethic, drive, intelligence.

Excellent point.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:51 PM

you are wrong here, and why are you following me aroundROFL, you think he's going to be a bad player, no? oh i forgot you didnt even KNOW who he was AND had to go to NFLDC to see now you are mad because you couldnt find a profile to come back and ACT as though you KNEW everything about a player.

i figured out EXACTLY why you dont like the pats way or pioli

BigChiefFan
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
He's got potential just like all the other picks, but it's kind of a head-scratcher in the 5th round, IMO. He's definitely got the size and drive to man the position and knowing he grew up loving the Chiefs may actually help the kid put his heart and soul into doing what he can to become a staple on the O-line. I see him as Richardson's replacement and most likely a back-up, but his work ethic and intelligence gives him a shot at actually having a shot. I hope he ends up making Pioli look smart for drafting him.

ForeverChiefs58
Former basketball star finds MU football success
Saturday, September 27, 2008 | 6:46 p.m. CDT BY Dan Angell

COLUMBIA — Basketball played a bigger role in Colin Brown's life than football.

Although he played football in high school, Missouri right tackle Colin Brown wasn’t concerned with success in the sports beyond that.

“In high school, it was something we just did for fun,” Brown said. “It wasn’t something that we took real seriously.”

In Braymer, Mo., football was something that was secondary to basketball, Brown’s first love and a sport in which he became a McDonald’s All-American nominee.

“It was something I grew up playing, my whole life,” Brown said. “Football wasn’t something anybody took all that seriously in high school, but we were really big into basketball.”

In retrospect, that almost worked against him.

“All 1A schools are kind of overlooked, they’ve got to go to camps,” Colin's father Dave Brown said. “Colin spent all his time playing AAU basketball and didn’t go that route, which I kind of regret, that I didn’t push him to go to camps earlier.”

The offers didn’t come in either football or basketball, despite Brown’s work in basketball and being first team all-state at defensive tackle. After high school, he considered playing basketball at a small school or walking on somewhere.

“We were kind of worried when we were trying to get him exposure,” Braymer football coach Troy Stemburger said. “We called Mizzou several times and it was a long time before we were able to get him up there.”

Stemburger and Dave Brown's work didn't appear to be necessary when Colin Brown finished high school, because Brown thought his future was in basketball. But his father still thought that, at the college level, football would be more promising for his son's talents.

“I just thought all along that he had potential as a football player,” Dave Brown said. “He was 6’7”, 6’8” playing basketball. He was a heck of a basketball player, but he played with his back to the basket and there’s not too many basketball players that are his height that are really successful Division I basketball players.”

Colin Brown still went through the recruiting process in basketball, with some small Division I schools pursuing him as a secondary recruit. But those offers fell through when each school signed its primary recruit at his position.

Colin Brown's options as a Division I basketball player had dried up. If he wanted to play basketball, he'd have to go the NAIA route. But his desire to play a Division I sport led him to consider his father's advice and walk on as a football player.

“It got late, and I was getting worried that nothing was going to happen (with scholarships),” Colin Brown said. “I wasn’t hearing back from coaches. My dad talked me into coming down here and giving this a try.”

Given Brown’s success against Division I recruits, Dave Brown was confident that his son had made the right decision.

“I felt all along that if he got in the right weight program and worked at it that he could be successful,” Dave Brown said. “He had played against (current MU guard) Kurtis (Gregory) and (current MU center) Tim Barnes in high school. I knew that they were going to be recruited by the Tigers, and I felt Colin was in line with those guys, and if he got a chance, could compete with those guys.”

But even with his father’s confidence, Colin Brown wasn’t expecting much. When he joined the Tigers, his main focus was to avoid getting embarrassed.

“I remember I talked to my dad about it a lot,” Brown said. “About a week before I showed up, I remember talking to him about what I was going to do if I got down here and was the absolute worst player.”

He wasn’t the absolute worst player. He wasn’t even close.

Fast forward five years, and Brown is now an anchor on the Missouri offensive line at right tackle. In 2005, once it became apparent he had a future in football, he was placed on scholarship. A year ago, he received an honorable mention from the Big 12 coaches.

When Missouri coach Gary Pinkel got his first look at Colin Brown, he liked what he saw. After all, Brown was 6'8" with room to grow. But Pinkel wondered what kind of skills he had to work with.

“When he first came in, he looked good,” Pinkel said. “He always looked good walking off the bus, maybe he could intimidate our opponents. Whether he could play football or not, I didn’t know that.”

Despite Brown’s past, Pinkel had good reasons to question Brown’s ability.

First, there was the fact that Brown had to switch positions. In high school, he played tight end on offense. But that wasn't an option at Missouri.

“I knew I wasn’t fast enough or mobile enough to play tight end,” Brown said. “If I was ever going to have a chance, it was going to be on the offensive line.”

The second question for Pinkel was how far behind Brown was. For most players, one of the earliest adjustments to college football is dealing with a new coaching style. Again, Brown was different. Because he hadn’t been serious about football in high school, he hadn’t picked up techniques

Essentially, he was a blank slate.

“(I changed) nothing, really, considering that I didn’t ever do any (preparation),” he said. “Everything I learned was new, so there wasn’t anything that I needed to change. It was just picking up the tips and pointers.”

The one thing that Brown needed to change was what had left him behind: his football work ethic.

“In high school, he was a four-year starter, he didn’t have to work too hard to get a starting position,” Dave Brown said. “I think at that time, he wasn’t a real hard worker. But when he got to Missouri and had to step up and compete with people his size and athletic ability, he definitely did that.”

The difference was the revelation that he could no longer rely on his natural gifts alone. Outworking teammates became a necessity.

“When I got here, I was really behind because football wasn’t something I had taken real seriously in high school,” Colin Brown said. “It was constantly (working) every day, trying to improve. Slowly, over time, I got better and better.”

That wasn’t a surprise to Stemburger. Given Brown’s size , Stemburger figured it was a matter of time before Brown’s skills caught up.

“I knew eventually they’d get him in the weight room and he’d be big enough to play,” Stemburger said. “The boy is 6’8”, over 300 pounds now and he can move.”

Over time, Pinkel and his staff noticed the changes taking place. The player who was just a project two years ago was developing into someone who could be relied on to protect prized quarterback Chase Daniel.

“You’d sit there and watch and think 'This guy might be a good backup for us,’” Pinkel said. “Then all of a sudden in the spring a couple years ago, (it was) ‘This guy, he might be able to start for us.’ He worked his rear end off with Pat Ivey and Dave Christensen and certainly has exceeded all our expectations.”

Now in his fourth year playing for Missouri, Colin Brown’s lasted at least twice as long as he thought he would when he entered Columbia with an impressive body and raw skills.

“It was something I thought might last a season, maybe two,” Colin Brown said. “I really thought this would be completely over my head and I’d never have a chance to be good enough to even compete."

But what if his early fears had come true? What if, instead of blossoming into the player that Daniel calls “the cornerstone of the offensive line,” Brown had been the absolute worst player, had no chance to compete and was out of football in a year?

“There’s no telling where I’d be right now,” he said.

Tribal Warfare
Draft Summary from NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/colin-brown?id=238429)

Pick Analysis: The Chiefs add a promising young tackle to their rotation with the selection of Brown. The former Tiger will provide quality depth for the team as a potential swing-tackle prospect.

Fish
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
It didn't say academic.

Uhh yeah it did. He only started his last 2 seasons. He was a backup in 06.

He was selected honorable mention for All-Big 12 Conference by the coaches in 07 and 08.

He was first-team All-Big 12 Academic Team. Which is what was on the screen on ESPN when they were featuring him.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
When guys are projected as UDFA's you don't take them in round 5 ok.

The Raiders love DHB that doesn't mean you take him at 7 either.

It's bad fucking value no matter how much they like said player and is considered a bad move.

Coogs
04-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Uhh yeah it did.

Not that it matters, but no it didn't. I have DVR and rewound it to that spot. At least at the spot of the pick. I didn't watch anymore than that.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM

It's bad fucking value no matter how much they like said player and is considered a bad move.

key word buddy. you nor i know where this guy WOULDVE gone. THATS A FACT everything else is just a guess

eazyb81
04-26-2009, 12:57 PM

It's bad ****ing value no matter how much they like said player and is considered a bad move.

Stop acting like because one site may have had a guy as a UDFA that means all 32 teams had that same ranking.

Jesus Christ dude, you act like you are some kind of draft god but obviously you haven't been following it that long or else you would realize that teams have widely varying opinions on 2nd day players.

Kiper just said he had the Raiders 2nd rounder as a UDFA but he talked to another team that was going to take him in the 3rd round. The standard deviation with these players is HUGE, and good personnel guys will go after the guys they like no matter where Scott Wright or Mel Kiper have them ranked.

Also let's not pretend that the Pats haven't been successful building a great O-line out of unheralded draft picks.

Pablo
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM
A couple of my friends grew up with Colin, went to school with him, played football and graduated with him in Braymer. I'm a KU fan, and they're both MU fans, so they like to give me shit, and like to brag on their buddy playing D1 ball. I've heard how 'bad-ass' Colin is about 100 times. And I took a special interest in watching the guy when I watched MU games for the aforementioned reasons.

I've met him before, and he's probably the largest person I've ever met in person. He's a very big guy. He's also fairly well-spoken and intelligent. I think he's a great character guy, and if that's why the Chiefs drafted him, then they got what they want. He's going to be a project. He comes from a spread offense with massive splits on their line, and he may be big, but his feet are really average. He doesn't slide or pivot especially well, and if he lines up against a guy with speed, he's a big liability.

This pick wasn't a great draft value, and he's going to be a project; but I'm still pulling for the guy, and hope that Pioli sees some potential that we obviously all don't.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Ok then no pick is a bad pick then because we just don't know.

That's basically what you're saying.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 01:00 PM

damn you have FINALLY figured it out. we dont know what a good pick or a bad pick is RIGHT NOW. no one does

BigMeatballDave

There is no way you can justify taking him over Robinson or Meredith.LMAO Its a 5th rd. pick.

Fat Elvis

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg

FringeNC
04-26-2009, 01:01 PM

That's basically what you're saying.

Pretty much -- at least until there is a sufficient evidence that your GM/HC are incompetent. At this point, I see no reason to presume you know more than Scott Pioli.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
God you guys are retards, if that is you're argument that means you think everyones draft is great because you can't even bring yourself to have an opinion.

What happened to this forum?

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Pretty much -- at least until there is a sufficient evidence that your GM/HC are incompetent. At this point, I see no reason to presume you know more than Scott Pioli.

Then DHB is a great pick, which is absurd to say but that is basically the point that is being argued.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Then DHB is a great pick, which is absurd to say but that is basically the point that is being argued.

does any of US know thta he wont end up being a great pick?

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Mecca, is your argument that you are a better talent evaluator than Pioli? That seems to be what you are saying.

Oh, and Robinson is STILL on the board.

tmax63
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Don't I remember last fall someone saying something to the effect that MU's O-line was better than the Chiefs?? This kid is bigger than any of the Chiefs or close to it and he went from walk-on to starter to one of the better Big-12 tackles. I'd say he's 1)big , 2)nasty , 3)coachable , 4)willing to work and 5)did I say big???. Interesting project.

KCinNY
If Carl makes this pick, I'm screaming bloody murder.

Since it's Pioli, I'm giving him benefit of the doubt. After all, it is only a 5th round pick. Maybe he sees a potential ten year starter at RT and maybe he's suspicious that he won't be there in the 6th.

This guy did build a nice O-line in NE with mostly late round picks.

Pablo
does any of US know thta he wont end up being a great pick?He's speaking in terms of positional value. At that pick, was he the best value relevant to the other players on the board/at his position? The Raiders thought so, a lot of people didn't. That doesn't mean either one is right or wrong, it's just popular opinion that is wasn't a great pick.

aturnis
Looks like not only is his big and athletic, but versatile. He started at center, then played left guard, before finding his home on the right side of the line.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
You do not understand draft value or how the draft works that is plain.How is it you do not work for an NFL team as a scout or something? Seriously. You claim to know everything. Its an honest question.

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Looks like not only is his big and athletic, but versatile. He started at center, then played left guard, before finding his home on the right side of the line.I had forgotten about that. After he walked on at MU, he was on the two-deep at center.

eazyb81
04-26-2009, 01:08 PM

At what point would you have to step back and admit that a guy knows more about football than you, so you'll defer to his judgment for now?

For me, 3 Super Bowl rings in the past few years does that. I'm sure there were many Pats fans that freaked out like you during drafts early in the Belichick and Pioli era, and now they probably just go with the flow a bit more.

The fact is that all you, me, and everyone else on here are relying on are scouting reports from websites and youtube clips. That's it. We're not out on the field watching individual workouts, interviews, talking to coaches, etc. Who knows what Pioli sees in him, but he's been ultra successful building offensive lines out of non-elite prospects. Are you just incapable of giving him the benefit of the doubt based on what he's accomplished in his career? That seems incredibly ignorant to me.

dirk digler
Looks like not only is his big and athletic, but versatile. He started at center, then played left guard, before finding his home on the right side of the line.

Which makes some sense since Pioli and the Parcells tree favor people that are versatile and that are smart.

Tribal Warfare
If Carl makes this pick, I'm screaming bloody murder.

Since it's Pioli, I'm giving him benefit of the doubt. After all, it is only a 5th round pick. Maybe he sees a potential ten year starter at RT and maybe he's suspicious that he won't be there in the 6th.

This guy did build a nice O-line in NE with mostly late round picks.

I concur, I'm willing to give Pioli a chance to build "his team" if it's complete dogshit then we can truly scrutinize his selections in the draft.

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04/26/qa_with_t_colin_brown__426/

Q&A with T COLIN BROWN - 4/26
Q: Where is your hometown?

COLIN BROWN: “I am from Braymer, Missouri. Braymer is about an hour northeast of Kansas City.”

Q: Were you a Chiefs fan growing up?

BROWN: “Yeah, no doubt. I have been a life-long Chiefs fan.”

Q: Was the phone call from the Chiefs a surprise?

BROWN: “Yeah, definitely. We have been sitting here waiting to see what was going to happen. I was definitely shocked, excited and a whole bunch of emotions all at once.”

Q: Are you surprised at how many Missouri Tigers have been drafted?

BROWN: “Yeah. We thought it could be a good day for us. It was good to see everybody get the chance. It has been an exciting day.”

Q: What high school did you go to?

BROWN: “I went to Braymer High School.”

Q: Did they mention to you what position you will play on the offensive line?

BROWN: “No, we didn’t get a chance to talk about anything like that. He just told me that I was now a Chief.”

Q: Did you have any idea where you would go in the draft?

BROWN: “I really had no idea what to expect this morning when I woke up. I was just hoping to get a chance.”

Q: What position do you see yourself playing, guard or tackle?

BROWN: “I can do either one. I have played all five positions in college at some point in time. I think eventually I could play anywhere they needed.”

Q: What do you think would be your best position?

BROWN: “I really don’t know to tell you the truth. It just depends on where I can get the most reps at and get the time to get comfortable.”

Q: Where did you play in college?

BROWN: “I played right tackle for my final two years. That is where I was at most of my career.”

Q: How does it feel to stay in Missouri and move to the next level?

BROWN: “This is a dream come true. Everybody up in this area is a Chiefs fan. To be able to be right here staying at home and playing for the Chiefs is unbelievable, a dream come true.”

Q: Were you ever a fan in the stands at Arrowhead Stadium for a Chiefs game?

BROWN: “I haven’t been to a game for a couple years but I went to three or four of them in junior high and late elementary so I have seen games before from the stands.”

Q: Did you ever imagine running out of the tunnel in a Chiefs jersey when you were in the stands?

BROWN: “I definitely did wonder what that would be like. I remember watching the great entrances they have and thinking of cool it would be to get to do that.”

Q: How cool do you think it will be to run out of that tunnel?

BROWN: “I think it will be an awesome feeling. I don’t even know how to describe it.”

Q: What does it mean for the Missouri program to have so many players drafted?

BROWN: “It is just another step. We all came into college and our goal was to win a conference championship. This is part of the process, one of the last steps when our careers at Mizzou were over that we wanted to accomplish.”

Q: Where were you watching the draft?

BROWN: “It was me and my brothers with a friend or two. We were just watching and keeping track of what was going on. I didn’t know really what to expect when I got the phone call then it took me a minute or two to register what was going on.”

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
LMAO Its a 5th rd. pick.

So?

Is that an excuse for the pick to suck?

I'm not passing judgment on this player but quite frankly, I'd have chosen Herman Johnson.

But face it: If the Chiefs can't get a majority of their second day picks "Right", they're going to continue to suck.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:11 PM
God you guys are retards, if that is you're argument that means you think everyones draft is great because you can't even bring yourself to have an opinion.

Is this what happened to this forum?

Yes

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
At what point would you have to step back and admit that a guy knows more about football than you, so you'll defer to his judgment for now?

For me, 3 Super Bowl rings in the past few years does that. I'm sure there were many Pats fans that freaked out like you during drafts early in the Belichick and Pioli era, and now they probably just go with the flow a bit more.

The fact is that all you, me, and everyone else on here are relying on are scouting reports from websites and youtube clips. That's it. We're not out on the field watching individual workouts, interviews, talking to coaches, etc. Who knows what Pioli sees in him, but he's been ultra successful building offensive lines out of non-elite prospects. Are you just incapable of giving him the benefit of the doubt based on what he's accomplished in his career? That seems incredibly ignorant to me.

Whatever.

I guess since Pioli was installed as the Omnipotent Football God of Kansas City, he shouldn't be questioned, right?

:shake:

aturnis
04-26-2009, 01:16 PM

Apparently there is, as neither of those guys have been taken yet, and it's almost the 6th round.

DA_T_84
04-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Whatever.

I guess since Pioli was installed as the Omnipotent Football God of Kansas City, he shouldn't be questioned, right?

:shake:

right.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Excels. in. slap. drill. mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Apparently there is, as neither of those guys have been taken yet, and it's almost the 6th round.

see Nicks, Carl.

You don't pass on guys with that much natural ability at this point in the draft.

aturnis
Hell, there are 16o picks gone, and Robinson's not even Kipers top available. Meredith is right now though.

JASONSAUTO

they will never get this, same as with rey rey yesterday, but but but he was supposed to go between 15-20. so fucking what he went 38, maybe people who are on the outside dont know everything

doomy3
So?

Is that an excuse for the pick to suck?

I'm not passing judgment on this player but quite frankly, I'd have chosen Herman Johnson.

But face it: If the Chiefs can't get a majority of their second day picks "Right", they're going to continue to suck.

Him, Robinson and Meredith may ALL be available at our 6th round pick, so apparently all 32 teams drafting are retards since they haven't grabbed them.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
right.

That's pretty much the attitude that is being taken around here.

Short Leash Hootie
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
haha i think they're picking guys they think they can sign for cheap. honestly

you can sign anyone in the 5th round for cheap...

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 01:20 PM

Nope, I can't but I bet if you gave Pioli 20 minutes in a film room, he could.

beach tribe
I think the difference between this guy, and Richardson is he has amean streak, and a good work ethic, and Richardson supposedly is a big, lazy, pussy.

Short Leash Hootie

like Brandon Carr last year?

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Nope, I can't but I bet if you gave Pioli 20 minutes in a film room, he could.

thats not even a bet, obviously he could.

Short Leash Hootie
04-26-2009, 01:22 PM
We don't "know" anything. Somebody after us might have drafted him in the 5th.
Exactly.

If this draft has shown anything...the "experts" making projections don't really know shit.

Pitt Gorilla
How is every team in the NFL missing out on Duke Robinson?!? Why aren't they following Kiper et al?

Mr. Flopnuts
Colin Brown is so well known, NFL Network just put up a spread on players drafted from small schools and listed Brown as a player for Furman.

kchero
04-26-2009, 01:23 PM

This

It is comical that everyone thinks they are an insider on this draft as they sit at home in their war-room/ basement.

aturnis
Alright, so he played left Tackle, left guard, center, and right tackle. Also contributed on special teams.

Academic honors.

Sounds smart, tough, physical and versatile. Hope it turns out well.

beach tribe

Dane, and Mecca are two people who are incapable of admitting that they might possibly be wrong.

JASONSAUTO
Colin Brown is so well known, NFL Network just put up a spread on players drafted from small schools and listed Brown as a player for Furman.

they mixed up the two bottom guy's schools

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
they mixed up the two bottom guy's schools

You're right, I just rewound it and saw that it was unknown commodities, they just happened to all be from small schools except Brown. Personally, I think Shipley, or Meridith would've been a better pick. And the Panthers have finally drafted Duke Robinson.

Fat Elvis
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
like Brandon Carr last year?

ROFL

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 01:27 PM
You're right, I just rewound it and saw that it was unknown commodities, they just happened to all be from small schools except Brown. Personally, I think Shipley, or Meridith would've been a better pick. And the Panthers have finally drafted Duke Robinson.

i had to rewind it too:D

aturnis
04-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I think the difference between this guy, and Richardson is he has amean streak, and a good work ethic, and Richardson supposedly is a big, lazy, pussy.

Shit, Richardson is terrible, but we should have taken him in the 3rd or 4th last year. I watched him in training camp. He let the Vikings DE by him 4 out of 5 snaps. Fuck that, it wasn't even competition. Just b/c we got him at a spot that was good value, doesn't mean you can't have buyers remorse.

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 01:29 PM
This is comical.

It's a "discussion board" but no dissenting opinions are allowed.

chiefsfan1128
04-26-2009, 01:31 PM
This is comical.

This! : )
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
This is comical.

There are dissenting opinions all over the place.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Him, Robinson and Meredith may ALL be available at our 6th round pick, so apparently all 32 teams drafting are retards since they haven't grabbed them.

Hey Fuckhead, that's MY opinion.

I'm sorry that you're such a pussy-assed wilting flower that you don't or never have had an opinion.

Go fuck yourself with a peanut butter jar.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:34 PM
This is comical.

Exactly.

This discussion board has turned into the Pioli Cheerleaders versus those who have studied and have an opinion.

It's fucking stupid.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
I never realized there were so many asshole Chiefs fans.

..it's almost embarassing.

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 01:36 PM
There are dissenting opinions all over the place.

quickly followed up by "Pioli knows more than you"

JASONSAUTO
I neve realized there were so many asshole Chiefs fans.

ROFL

beer bacon
Why won't everyone listen to me wahhhhhhh.

aturnis
04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Heh, Robinson could emerge 2-3 yrs. down the road as a starter!

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Exactly.

This discussion board has turned into the Pioli Cheerleaders versus those who have studied and have an opinion.

It's ****ing stupid.

Yep.

This draft has been a disappointment to me, but maybe I had higher expectations with bringing in supposedly the best GM in football.

But then, it started with trading for Cassel, maybe I'm just carrying a grudge.

I hope Sanchez busts so I feel better down the road...and these picks turn out to hidden gems.

beer bacon
04-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Yep.

This draft has been a disappointment to me, but maybe I had higher expectations with bringing in supposedly the best GM in football.

But then, it started with trading for Cassel, maybe I'm just carrying a grudge.

I hope Sanchez busts so I feel better down the road...and these picks turn out to hidden gems.

None of these guys have never played a down for us or even had an NFL practice you jackass.

Just Passin' By
quickly followed up by "Pioli knows more than you"

It's probably because they are so tired of comments like this:

Exactly.

It's ****ing stupid.

You're bitching about dissent, but the dissenters are attacking everyone who disagrees with them. Look at what he posted. It doesn't get much more idiotic than that.

wild1
He's got good size, obviously they see something there that they think they can coach.

This is what the later rounds are about, they spot guys that fit the mold they have for players on their team. Everybody at this stage is a project.

beer bacon
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
He's got good size, obviously they see something there that they think they can coach.

This is what the later rounds are about, they spot guys that fit the mold they have for players on their team. Everybody at this stage is a project.

Nope, this part of the draft is about whining when we don't pick the top guy left on Kiper's big board and then watching him drop another 40 picks.

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Well the good thing is time will tell, I hope like hell they are right about this plan...

beer bacon
Well the good thing is time will tell, I hope like hell they are right about this plan...

...but alas, I, the draft genious ChiefRon, know this draft was wasted and our team is doomed.

BigMeatballDave
Exactly.

It's fucking stupid.You're the only one that thinks they know everything. Work for an organization for 9 yrs that won 3 SBs in that time, then bitch.

ChiefRon
04-26-2009, 01:47 PM
...but alas, I, the draft genious ChiefRon, know this draft was wasted and our team is doomed.

I've never claimed to be a draft expert...but I guess I was expecting more "wheeling & dealing"...

And taking a player projected to go undrafted in rd 5, when there's players Mayock had 3rd rd grades on?

Just makes me scratch my head...

eazyb81
04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
It's probably because they are so tired of comments like this:

You're bitching about dissent, but the dissenters are attacking everyone who disagrees with them. Look at what he posted. It doesn't get much more idiotic than that.

You must have missed it yesterday when he said that people that work for NFL teams don't necessarily know more about football, they just have better connections.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:50 PM
You're the only one that thinks they know everything. Work for an organization for 9 yrs that won 3 SBs in that time, then bitch.

Go fuck yourself, then bitch

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 01:50 PM
You must have missed it yesterday when he said that people that work for NFL teams don't necessarily know more about football, they just have better connections.ROFL

wild1
04-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Nope, this part of the draft is about whining when we don't pick the top guy left on Kiper's big board and then watching him drop another 40 picks.

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
Go fuck yourself, then bitchLMAO God forbid someones opinion should differ from yours.

wild1
You must have missed it yesterday when he said that people that work for NFL teams don't necessarily know more about football, they just have better connections.

:eek:

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-26-2009, 01:56 PM
I never realized there were so many asshole Chiefs fans.

Word. I have no idea why I ever read more than 20 posts in any Chiefs-related thread, every one of them ends up going in the same direction.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
LMAO God forbid someones opinion should differ from yours.

Oh, fuck you.

You criticize people for having an opinion such as myself, Hamas, Mecca, et al, then you turn around say this this?

You're a fucking mouth-breather.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2009, 02:25 PM
That's pretty much the attitude that is being taken around here.

In all seriousness Mecca. If Pioli and Co. aren't doing their job well then the Chiefs are going to continue to lose and the problems are much bigger than the draft. Most people give the new organization their respect because they have a resume of winning to fall back on. I don't see why you give people crap for giving the new guys running the show the benefit of the doubt and falling in line with their picks. That being said go ahead and criticize, just understand guys are getting pissed off because your saying the organization sucks because they aren't drafting the players you think they should.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
In all seriousness Mecca. If Pioli and Co. aren't doing their job well then the Chiefs are going to continue to lose and the problems are much bigger than the draft. Most people give the new organization their respect because they have a resume of winning to fall back on. I don't see why you give people crap for giving the new guys running the show the benefit of the doubt and falling in line with their picks. That being said go ahead and criticize, just understand guys are getting pissed off because your saying the organization sucks because they aren't drafting the players you think they should.

It isn't just the fact that they criticize, it is the venom with which they do so. We all have an opinion, but for average fans on a message board to act like their opinion comes from a position of knowlege even similar to that of Pioli and the coaching staff is ludicrous.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
It isn't just the fact that they criticize, it is the venom with which they do so. We all have an opinion, but for average fans on a message board to act like their opinion comes from a position of knowlege even similar to that of Pioli and the coaching staff is ludicrous.

yep

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM

What is even more ridiculous is to classify guys like Mecca and Hamas as "average fans."

The knowledge they have about the draft in general and specific prospects dwarfs that of the average fan. The average fan has never seen Tyson Jackson play, much less the guys taken in the late rounds.

The bottom line: Whether people like it or not, we're not all equal in our knowledge of the game, of the draft and of players. Seems to me that the "average fans" have a serious inferiority complex towards these guys because they know their shit.

JMO.

Short Leash Hootie
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
What is even more ridiculous is to classify guys like Mecca and Hamas as "average fans."

The knowledge they have about the draft in general and specific prospects dwarfs that of the average fan. The average fan has never seen Tyson Jackson play, much less the guys taken in the late rounds.

The bottom line: Whether people like it or not, we're not all equal in our knowledge of the game, of the draft and of players. Seems to me that the "average fans" have a serious inferiority complex towards these guys because they know their shit.

JMO.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Props to you for sticking up for your butt buddies!

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM

JMO.

I see his point about the vitriol, but you are absolutely correct. Chiefsplanet is NOT AT ALL representative of the "average" fan.

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM

JMO.
I like knowing more, i think it's useful if certain people on here do, doesn't bother me if someone on here knows more or not.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Nice comeback.

Is there anything I said that isn't true?

I'm assuming I'm dead-on, considering you went for the personal attack rather than make an argument.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Me and OTW have gone round and round about some things yet he's my butt buddy now?

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

They are far from that, lol

Have you seen some of the threads where they've argued

SBK
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Not all people have the same knowledge of football. I don't know how this is controversial?

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I like knowing more, i think it's useful if certain people on here do, doesn't bother me if someone on here knows more or not.

It wouldn't matter what you're talking about, somebody in the conversation ALWAYS knows more about it than you. I have to remember this every day when I got to work...

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
we're next

who do you want?

Ebolapox
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM

hey, man, it's OOOOOKKKKK. he's not good at the draft like you are, not everybody has the same talents. hell, neither of you own a super bowl ring, nor have you rooted for a team who has won the super bowl.

:p

KChiefs1
04-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I see his point about the vitriol, but you are absolutely correct. Chiefsplanet is NOT AT ALL representative of the "average" fan.

This.

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
It wouldn't matter what you're talking about, somebody in the conversation ALWAYS knows more about it than you. I have to remember this every day when I got to work...

very true, and im not insecure, and who really cares right?

Iowanian
04-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I wish I had nothing to do, all day, every thursday night-saturday night of the fall so I could watch every obscure college football game so I could be an internet expert.

DaWolf
04-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Remember, the scouts and staff inherited by Pioli is the same one that was here with Carl. Pioli has mentioned there's been a lot of re-training of these guys in terms of what to look for, but don't be surprised if after the draft is over, there are some changes back there. Teams usually don't change scouts and scouting directors until after the draft period. If Pioli feels these guys did not give proper evaluations, people will probably be shown the door...

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I wish I had nothing to do, all day, every thursday night-saturday night of the fall so I could watch every obscure college football game so I could be an internet expert.I don't have anything to do all day, every thursday night-saturday and I'm still not an internet expert.

Skip Towne
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
hey, man, it's OOOOOKKKKK. he's not good at the draft like you are, not everybody has the same talents. hell, neither of you own a super bowl ring, nor have you rooted for a team who has won the super bowl.

I have rooted for a SB winner.

Ebolapox
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
I have rooted for a SB winner.

fuck, my dad was 13 years old when the chiefs won in 1970. I'm 26 now. how freaking sad is that?

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Don't blame me I ended up a Chiefs fan.....that's some bad luck it appears.

Skip Towne
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
fuck, my dad was 13 years old when the chiefs won in 1970. I'm 26 now. how freaking sad is that?

I was 25 in 1970. I thought we would be in it every year.

Ebolapox
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I was 25 in 1970. I thought we would be in it every year.

with the talent on those super bowl teams, it's a wonder we didn't.

wild1
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM

i am sure you can switch if you want...

beavis
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I feel so priveleged to be on an internet message board with so many experts. I'm really surprised more of you don't have front office jobs for an NFL team.

mikey23545
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM

Well, certainly it is bad luck for us...

Mecca
04-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Has Mikey ever posted a football take? I've never seen one.

smittysbar
04-26-2009, 07:59 PM

I have a friend that knows him pretty well, said he is pretty slow, and known for being lazy. But said he is a big SOB

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I have a friend that knows him pretty well, said he is pretty slow, and known for being lazy. But said he is a big SOB
Because when you get the chance to draft a pretty slow, lazy, big SOB over a half dozen more athletically gifted and highly regarded offensive line prospects you have to take it.

Tits McGee
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I feel so priveleged to be on an internet message board with so many experts. I'm really surprised more of you don't have front office jobs for an NFL team.

Are you kidding, Mecca is Bill Polian's love child.

Tits McGee
04-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I played with a fat slow lazy sob, and Leon Lett turned out ok.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 08:18 PM

Every scouting report you can find on him via Google says he's a hard worker. But your friend says he's lazy.

:hmmm:

Tits McGee
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Every scouting report you can find on him via Google says he's a hard worker. But your friend says he's lazy.

He has got plenty to prove.

smittysbar
04-26-2009, 09:00 PM

yeah he does

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
He has got plenty to prove.

Of course he does, he was a 5th-round pick.

But that's not the question.

The question is why smitty's friend's "evaluation" differs 180 degrees from pretty much EVERYTHING you can find on the guy.

Tits McGee
04-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Of course he does, he was a 5th-round pick.

But that's not the question.

The question is why smitty's friend's "evaluation" differs 180 degrees from pretty much EVERYTHING you can find on the guy.

Maybe he only works out when it's mandated by the team?

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Maybe he only works out when it's mandated by the team?

I don't know. That's why I said it was a question.

smittysbar
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't know. That's why I said it was a question.

That is what he says, and he has been around him as a fellow player, just saying, he could be wrong though. Just passing on what I was told, and trust the source completely.

Chiefshrink
04-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll take him anyday over McInSuck!