PDA

View Full Version : Football Mecca Dane Hamas

Pages : [1] 2 3

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
They know everything. The rest of us are retarded. Pioli is just a waterboy. Carry on...

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 02:49 PM
They know everything. The rest of us are retarded. Pioli is just a waterboy. Carry on...

Quoted
For
Mother
Fucking
Truth

Saulbadguy
04-26-2009, 02:50 PM
"Franchise QB"

ROFL

vailpass
04-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Quoted
For
Mother
Fucking
Truth

:D

SNR
04-26-2009, 02:52 PM
What's wrong with criticizing a pick? Does that mean you're asserting superiority to someone like Pioli?

No, it doesn't.

KCrockaholic
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I wish I was one of those guys so that I could be that special. :deevee:

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I wish I was one of those guys so that I could be that special.

Good luck with that, Buddy

Der Flöprer
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Good luck with that, Buddy

I'm not your buddy, pal. :D

Basileus777
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Why must everyone try to out-idiot each other? Either Pioli is infallible or he's a fool who only got a job because of Belichick. Everyone here is a drama-queen.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm not your buddy, pal. :D

I'm not your Pal, Friend.

:evil:

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
"These guys annoy me, they're just so negative, I wish they wouldn't talk so much. I wonder what I can do to make them stop? I know! I'll start a new thread calling them out!"

Brilliant!

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Good luck with that, BuddySee, its the arrogance. If you know so much about it, more so than Pioli, it would seem, why aren't you the GM of an NFL team?

JOhn
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
"These guys annoy me, they're just so negative, I wish they wouldn't talk so much. I wonder what I can do to make them stop? I know! I'll start a new thread calling them out!"

Brilliant!

This

BigMeatballDave

Brilliant!They don't annoy me. I think its comical.

irishjayhawk
What's wrong with criticizing a pick? Does that mean you're asserting superiority to someone like Pioli?

No, it doesn't.

This.

The anti-Dane/Hamas/Mecca bandwagon is more obnoxious than anything. They disagree. So effing what.

I didn't like the OL pick. I thought Jackson was not worthy of 3, even though I think he'll be really good and is a fit for us. And I don't necessarily understand the CB when we had seemingly higher needs.

But damn.

Just Passin' By

Regardless of how I may feel about the posters you mention, this thread isn't going to help things.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 03:01 PM
See, its the arrogance. If you know so much about it, more so than Pioli, it would seem, whay aren't you the GM of an NFL team?

Why don't you just FUCK OFF?

THIS is a football forum. We're TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL.

Why don't you head over to WPI and play in the kiddie pool.

Saulbadguy
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
See, its the arrogance. If you know so much about it, more so than Pioli, it would seem, why aren't you the GM of an NFL team?

Come on now - we all criticized Carl Peterson, and at one point he was qualified to be a GM of an NFL football team.

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
See, its the arrogance. If you know so much about it, more so than Pioli, it would seem, why aren't you the GM of an NFL team?

At least they're funny when they call someone out. (Unlike this thread)

Oh, and they are not the most arrogant posters on this board. BTW

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
This.

The anti-Dane/Hamas/Mecca bandwagon is more obnoxious than anything. They disagree. So effing what.

I'm not really 'anti' any of them. I just think its funny how much they think they know it all. I wish I had a nickel for every time Dane has told me to fuck off. Its entertaining.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Why don't you just FUCK OFF?

THIS is a football forum. We're TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL.

Why don't you head over to WPI and play in the kiddie pool.ROFL Thanks.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Dane is smart
and a dick
in the hills
still a hick

hit me with a
verbal whammy
now I've been cussed
by a wanna be sammy

wild1
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
This.

I didn't like the OL pick. I thought Jackson was not worthy of 3, even though I think he'll be really good and is a fit for us. And I don't necessarily understand the CB when we had seemingly higher needs.

But damn.

it's not the disagreeing, it's the throwing of hysterical fits of rage

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
I want to see one post by one person here who ever said Pioli was infallible.

Never happened. He just a guy with a terrific track record who deserves a shot to do his job. He will make mistakes. Nobody knows yet if this will turn out be a great good or horrible draft.

But for fucks sake to come out and blast everything a guy does is just so transparent.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I want to see one post by one person here who ever said Pioli was infallible.

Never happened. He just a guy with a terrific track record who deserves a shot to do his job. He will make mistakes. Nobody knows yet if this will turn out be a great good or horrible draft.

But for ****s sake to come out and blast everything a guy does is just so transparent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well said.

KCrockaholic
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
But the thing is... They only blast things Pioli does that they disagree with. If they agree with it then its ok, but if not...Its like a 2 year old with roid rage.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Vagina Sandwich.

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
But the thing is... They only blast things Pioli does that they disagree with. If they agree with it then its ok, but if not...Its like a 2 year old with roid rage.
I missed have missed those precious moments. What has Pioli done that they liked?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
My alternate reality games will show who the real team-building gurus are.

'Hamas' Jenkins
But for fucks sake to come out and blast everything a guy does is just so transparent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quinten Lawrence is good value. He's a versatile player who can help in the return game, and may be able to play the slot.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
So apparently saying you like something is not ok because you said you don't like something?

What?

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Mecca hasn't exactly been super-harsh on the Tyson Jackson pick, either.

Dane is just...Dane.

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Truly stunned. That's one.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Those three have been Pioli ball washers for some time now. It's getting pretty old.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM

Dane is just...Dane.

I'm a nice target on the forum for some reason, oh well.

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM

Dane is just...Dane.

Yep.

EyePod
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Why must everyone try to out-idiot each other? Either Pioli is infallible or he's a fool who only got a job because of Belichick. Everyone here is a drama-queen.

I agree. I had one pick so far where I was pissed. That was it. And it was a 5th round pick. I'll live. I didn't have one pick I was pissed about last time. I think we were due.

Delano
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree. I had one pick so far where I was pissed. That was it. And it was a 5th round pick. I'll live. I didn't have one pick I was pissed about last time. I think we were due.

That's my feeling as well. I was irritated by the Colin Blow pick because of all the value that teams like Philadelphia were able to pull out of the fifth round while the Chiefs reached.

Delano
04-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Mecca had been civil and not at all arrogant in his takes until some dipshits came in the draft thread and baited him into making some less-than-civil comments.

Some of the shit Sauto and Laz/P-zombie were making to Mecca pissed me off, and I usually don't care.

A quote from the draft thread:

"Dude, I say this from an unbiased perspective. You [JASONSAUTO] are just picking fights spamming up the draft thread no offense, just an observation."

beach tribe
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
This.

But damn.

The best teams take the BPA. They don't draft for need. The CB was the best player on the board. Pioli's board just doesn't look like ours or any of the other experts. And that's why they get paid to write articles, not make draft picks. I question these picks too, but I don't act like a big' ol bitch about it. That's because I know that no one here, including myself is qualified to throw a fit. That said, my picks would have been A LOT different than the ones we made. I guess we'll see. That's why I wanted to do the draft challenge, and have the people who thought they were so much smarter than Pioli, make their own draft picks on the clock, but none of the so called experts want to do it, because then they would be held to their picks, and be exposed. Hamas, I believe has made two huge busts in row by proclaiming Sanchez, and Gholston his two biggest game changers, and his favorite picks from last two years. After the Jets put Sanchez in as their starter from day one, and ruin his ass, he'll be the biggest bust of this draft. He needs a year, and a half on the bench which he won't get. So he has really shown his qualifications.

beach tribe
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM

I think you've been more than fair, and probably one of the more sensible posters this year.

EyePod
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM
The best teams take the BPA. They don't draft for need. The CB was the best player on the board. Pioli's board just doesn't look like ours or any of the other experts. And that's why they get paid to write articles, not make draft picks. I question these picks too, but I don't act like a big' ol bitch about it. That's because I know that no one here, including myself is qualified to throw a fit. That said, my picks would have been A LOT different than the ones we made. I guess we'll see. That's why I wanted to do the draft challenge, and have the people who thought they were so much smarter than Pioli, make their own draft picks on the clock, but none of the so called experts want to do it, because then they would be held to their picks, and be exposed. Hamas, I believe has made two huge busts in row by proclaiming Sanchez, and Gholston his two biggest game changers, and his favorite picks from last two years. After the Jets put Sanchez in as their starter from day one, and ruin his ass, he'll be the biggest bust of this draft. He needs a year, and a half on the bench which he won't get. So he has really shown his qualifications.

I totally agree about Sanchez. If he went to Seattle, he would have been in the perfect situation.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Mecca had been civil and not at all arrogant in his takes until some dipshits came in the draft thread and baited him into making some less-than-civil comments.

Some of the shit Sauto and Laz/P-zombie were making to Mecca pissed me off, and I usually don't care.

A quote from the draft thread:

"Dude, I say this from an unbiased perspective. You [JASONSAUTO] are just picking fights spamming up the draft thread no offense, just an observation."

then look where he says he wasnt around yesterday

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
This has to be the worse offseason in the history of Chiefsplanet...

Way to many n00bs and way to many ball washers...

Dude this team sucks, it sucks so much ass, we are 3-4 years and a QB away from anything meaningful...

Basically we are an expansion team, we finally have some direction, but they shouldnt get a free pass when they make you think WTF are you doing?

And with todays access to information, some are smarter than others on this board. It is proven day in and out... But if you have to cry and start threads because someone disagrees with your opinion... Then maybe you need to step back and really think about what a forum means to you and your life...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm glad that beach tribe is able to predict the NFL future of two NFL players after a combined one year of playing.

Of course, we'll also ignore the fact that Gholston was asked to be a read and react LB and was buried behind two vets for a win now coach, when he is a downhill pass rusher.

But yes, the book has already been written on him, just like it was by all the people on here who started threads proclaiming Hali better than Mario Williams after their rookie years.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 03:47 PM

Dane is just...Dane.I have a feeling hes not this bad in real life. Its easy for anyone to be 'Tyler Durden' over the internet...

Micjones
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
The best teams take the BPA. They don't draft for need.

The best teams can go BPA because they're in a much better position roster-wise.

For them, improving the overall talent level on their football team is all that's important.

Any team in our position should be balancing need with BPA.

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
The best teams can go BPA because they're in a much better position roster-wise.

For them, improving the overall talent level on their football team is all that's important.

same reason the best teams can continually trade down and out into picks in next years draft.

Delano
04-26-2009, 03:55 PM
I have a feeling hes not this bad in real life. Its easy for anyone to be 'Tyler Durden' over the internet...

The members of Chiefsplanet who have actually met Dane call him one of the nicest guys they've ever met.

crispystl420
04-26-2009, 03:56 PM
This.

But damn.

I agree. Who cares they don't like the effin pick. Whats the point of having a thread if they can't post their opinion? I'm not taking anyone's side. Just saying its a free Chiefsplanet.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Those teams are in that better position roster-wise BECAUSE they go BPA every year.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I agree. Who cares they don't like the effin pick. Whats the point of having a thread if they can't post their opinion? I'm not taking anyone's side. Just saying its a free Chiefsplanet.

I thought we were under a communist Pioli dictatorship?

stevieray
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM

you don't have to hijack this thread, it's already about you.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh look it's Stevie who would ever imagine he'd come in here and post something about me!

crispystl420
04-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I thought we were under a communist Pioli dictatorship?

Apparently. Good God. I have no cliques on this board i just state what I see.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh look it's Stevie who would ever imagine he'd come in here and post something about me!

still talking about yourself. I'm just triying to lighten things up..

..cause all of it is pretty damn funny.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Why don't you go talk to someone who likes you or buys into your bullshit.

MadMax
04-26-2009, 04:04 PM
This has to be the worse offseason in the history of Chiefsplanet...

Way to many n00bs and way to many ball washers...

Dude this team sucks, it sucks so much ass, we are 3-4 years and a QB away from anything meaningful...

Basically we are an expansion team, we finally have some direction, but they shouldnt get a free pass when they make you think WTF are you doing?

And with todays access to information, some are smarter than others on this board. It is proven day in and out... But if you have to cry and start threads because someone disagrees with your opinion... Then maybe you need to step back and really think about what a forum means to you and your life...

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Nicely said.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
The members of Chiefsplanet who have actually met Dane call him one of the nicest guys they've ever met.

I've asked Dane to have my baby.

because he's such a nice guy....

It's a joke.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Why don't you go talk to someone who likes you or buys into your bullshit.

...you don't like me?

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 04:07 PM

..cause all of it is pretty damn funny.

Yeah, Mecca. How dare you come to a thread that was started to bash you and defend yourself. Be MORE self absorbed.:rolleyes:

blaise

Yeah, but at the same time if people want to express the opinion that Dane is an obnoxious stereotype of a football message board loudmouth then they have that right too.

Sure-Oz
So much hate

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I've asked Dane to have my baby.

because he's such a nice guy....

it's a joke.

Oh BTW, REP for your avatar!ROFL

Mecca
Yeah, Mecca. How dare you come to a thread that was started to bash you and defend yourself. Be MORE self absorbed.:rolleyes:

Don't mind Stevie we don't get along..and by don't get along I mean I'd like to smash his face in.

Micjones
Those teams are in that better position roster-wise BECAUSE they go BPA every year.

Teams don't blindly pick players in the draft without ever taking thought of what they might need.
Unless those teams are already stacked.

A team like this would fail miserably by employing that strategy.
Strong at Corner, but the best player available in R5 is a Corner? Draft him.
And then if another Corner happens to be BPA one round later... Draft him too.

Doesn't make sense.

Draft the BPA at a position of need. At least for this organization.

stevieray

this is getting hilarious.

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Don't mind Stevie we don't get along..and by don't get along I mean I'd like to smash his face in.

Chiefsplanet cage match?

stevieray

is that a threat?

Katipan
2 of those 3 guys are pussy cat teddy bears and I'm sure Hamas would be too if he just smoked pot.

It's not their fault none of them know anything about football.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 04:10 PM

..cause all of it is pretty damn funny.This

Mecca
Chiefsplanet cage match?

Would he dress like Elvis?

kysirsoze
Chiefsplanet cage match?

I think a "Your Mama" off would be appropriate as well.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
is that a threat?

You know damn well what is it. You post this same shit over and over with your passive aggressive bullshit.

Don't play stupid either or hey maybe it's not playing.

You don't like me, I don't like you, end of debate.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Mecca. How dare you come to a thread that was started to bash you and defend yourself. Be MORE self absorbed.:rolleyes:What did I put in this thread header to bash anyone?

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Don't mind Stevie we don't get along..and by don't get along I mean I'd like to smash his face in.Awesome. Threatening physical violence.

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
I think a "Your Mama" off would be appropriate as well.

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
I think kysirsoze has a man-crush on Mecca...

JASONSAUTO
Awesome. Threatening physical violence.

2nd time today:D

Mecca

Ah yes come to Stevie's aid it's not like he hasn't repeatedly asked for it.

Like I've said before his little clown shoes Elvis act may play well with the old time posters on this forum so you'll all defend him.

The way he speaks to me and the way I've seen him speak to other people is all I need to know about him.

stevieray
You know damn well what is it. .

Well you know, I only live 15 minutes from WOF.

vailpass
04-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Like I've said before his little clown shoes Elvis act may play well with the old time posters on this forum so you'll all defend him.

The way he speaks to me and the way I've seen him speak to other people is all I need to know about him.

With so much drama in the LBC
Its kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I loved it on the draft thread when they started talking about how good looking Sanchez was. And they were serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 04:19 PM

The way he speaks to me and the way I've seen him speak to other people is all I need to know about him.I tell people they are retarded all the time. Other stuff too. I've never gotten so pissed at someone on here that I wanted to punch them. Chill out, dude. Maybe you need a break from this place.

Katipan
Great. Now that song is in my head.

kysirsoze

What did I put in this thread header to bash anyone?

Right. "Who me?? I'm just saying how funny I think it is!":shrug:

I don't really have a vested interest in this debate. But if you're gonna call someone out don't go passive agressive and claim you "just think it's comical."

JASONSAUTO
I loved it on the draft thread when they started talking about how good looking Sanchez was. And they were serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

but but good looking Qbs are betterROFL

Sure-Oz
Didnt someone want to fight skip once?

Katipan
I tell people they are retarded all the time. Other stuff too. I've never gotten so pissed at someone on here that I wanted to punch them. Chill out, dude. Maybe you need a break from this place.

No you just make threads about them.
Which is just as cool.

Katipan
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM

I did but he wanted to use bats and I wanted to use knives.

The pussy.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Cripple fight?

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 04:21 PM

When you start a thread like this, calling out individual posters by name, is it then surprising that things might escalate?

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm about as passive as they come but Mecca's observation of stevie and the crowd's seeming defense of him no matter what is spot on. It couldn't be more accurate.

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I think kysirsoze has a man-crush on Mecca...

My new avatar:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3411/ernie.png

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm about as passive as they come but Mecca's observation of stevie and the crowd's seeming defense of him no matter what is spot on. It couldn't be more accurate.

I'm glad someone else sees it, Stevie could literally hit you with a racial slur then make fun of your dead parents and it would be fine.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm glad someone else sees it, Stevie could literally hit you with a racial slur then make fun of your dead parents and it would be fine.

That's why I don't think I'd ever hit the guy. I think he does enough on his own. Any person with some sense of reason or a calibrated moral compass can see through most of what he says for what it is. He makes himself look worse than I ever could.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

For marketing and endorsment reasons you dumb stupid fucking cunt.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM

not this stupid line of shit again...you are the only one who EVER brings it up..nobody gives a shit about it, not even me. i think it bothers you because it represents fun and you've had a stick up your ass since you've been here.

You know, after thinking about it, I do owe you an apology..in the c;aythan thread where you said you changed the culture on the board..you're absolutely right...

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
not this tupid line of shit again...you are the only one who EVER brings it up..nobody gives a shit about it, not even me. i think it bothers you because it represents fun and you've had a stick up your ass since you've been here.

You know, after thinking about it, I do owe you an apology..in the c;aythan thread where you said you changed the culture on the board..you're absolutely right...

He's not the only one who sees everyone's defense of you and correlates it with the Elvis dress and pseudo-Chiefs-icon persona. They seem to be heavily correlated. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just that it's hard to call yo on your shit when the mob is grabbing the torches.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
That's why I don't think I'd ever hit the guy.

ROFL

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
He's not the only one who sees everyone's defense of you and correlates it with the Elvis dress and pseudo-Chiefs-icon persona. They seem to be heavily correlated. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just that it's hard to call yo on your shit when the mob is grabbing the torches.

ROFL

Nobody is defendiing me. and i don't need it..I was part of this community for five years before FDE.

the only people who bring it up are detractors.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
ROFL

Nobody is defendiing me. and i don't need it..I was part of this community for five years before FDE.

the only people who bring it up are detractors.

Then I must conclude you are blind. And what does your tenure here have anything to do with the antics you pull. Or anything at all.

Sure-Oz
You guys should just meet and buy each other beers, then fight in inflatable sumo suits

Mecca
Then I must conclude you are blind. And what does your tenure here have anything to do with the antics you pull. Or anything at all.

Some people have a hard time separating the real life person he is from a persona he plays at Chiefs games.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
You guys should just meet and buy each other beers, then fight in inflatable sumo suits

If I could drink, I'd be up for that. :(

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
If I could drink, I'd be up for that. :(

Well then Mecca and him can do it.

Why can't you drink?

Pioli Zombie
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
For marketing and endorsment reasons you dumb stupid fucking cunt.

Will you be moving to the Big City to be closer then?
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM

because people like you think Elvis has something to do with my standing on this board.

And spare me your board sheriff BS...ROFL

irishjayhawk
Well then Mecca and him can do it.

Why can't you drink?

The immuno-suppressants I'm on for my Crohn's. I'll be the first to tell ya....college sucks being unable to drink.

Short Leash Hootie
these guys are major downers...

but we knew this when Pioli was hired...they draft by THEIR board...they don't draft on Kiper's board like Lazy Herm...so guys like Mecca who latch on to their favorite experts get all mad when their guys aren't selected...when they have NO INSIDE access like GM's...

If this draft has shown anything...projections are just that...projections. At the end of the day, no one knows shit except for the guys doing the drafting.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
because people like you think Elvis has something to do with my standing on this board.

And spare me your board sheriff BS...ROFL

Board sheriff? Where's my badge? What does one even do in that position?

Like I said the correlation is there. Whether it is true is another matter.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Board sheriff? Where's my badge? What does one even do in that position?

Like I said the correlation is there. Whether it is true is another matter.

prove it deputy jayhawk

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 04:41 PM
The immuno-suppressants I'm on for my Crohn's. I'll be the first to tell ya....college sucks being unable to drink.

Dude im sorry you have that disease, i assume it's the same one that Garrard has. :(

I didn't start drinking till 26, so you aren't missing too much man.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:44 PM
prove it deputy jayhawk

ROFL

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Dude im sorry you have that disease, i assume it's the same one that Garrard has. :(

I didn't start drinking till 26, so you aren't missing too much man.

It is. Weirdly, I've seen more and more people come down with it.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
ROFL

of course you can't..it's ok.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
of course you can't..it's ok.

ROFL

mikey23545
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM

I wonder if it's your incredible hubris, condescending attitude towards others, and your air of overwhelming superiority?

Katipan
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
It is. Weirdly, I've seen more and more people come down with it.

Super painful? :(

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Super painful? :(

Naw, not at all. The real cons are the fact that there's no cure, no one knows the cause, and the fickleness of it. Can't pinpoint foods that trigger it, and it has a mind of it's own.

That said, when it gets bad and I go into the ER, I do get some nice pain killers. (I'd be such a druggie if I had access to em. :p)

Dave Lane

We'll find out pretty soon maybe a year or two...

BigMeatballDave
I don't really have a vested interest in this debate. But if you're gonna call someone out don't go passive agressive and claim you "just think it's comical."I was passive, but not agressive. I was being facetious. I called 'the rest of us' retarded, not them.

Katipan
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Naw, not at all. The real cons are the fact that there's no cure, no one knows the cause, and the fickleness of it. Can't pinpoint foods that trigger it, and it has a mind of it's own.

That said, when it gets bad and I go into the ER, I do get some nice pain killers. (I'd be such a druggie if I had access to em. :p)

Well now I "know" 2 people with it. And the other person I know is a girl named Lexus who did Hustler. So you're in great company. :P

She used to complain that it hurt ALL the time. Crampy hurt. Now I wonder if she just really likes pain killers.

Sure-Oz

I have a rare disease called achalasia that sucks too with no cure. I had surgery for it, to control it, and constantly have to take a few diff meds. It sucks i can't puke now, and i probably shouldn't drink either but i only do socially on occasion.

Hang in there

BigMeatballDave
When you start a thread like this, calling out individual posters by name, is it then surprising that things might escalate?It's not my fault they can't take a joke.

Direckshun
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I wonder if it's your incredible hubris, condescending attitude towards others, and your air of overwhelming superiority?

Naaaaaaaaaah...

philfree
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM

Couldn't be. LOL

PhilFree:arrow:

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I think it's pretty awesome to see Mikey post about me seeing as I've never seen him make a single post that didn't involve ripping on another poster.

Direckshun
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Man, I came into this thread expecting to take on all three of these guys in defense of our draft.

To put it mildly, I did not expect the thread to go this direction...

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
I have a rare disease called achalasia that sucks too with no cure. I had surgery for it, to control it, and constantly have to take a few diff meds. It sucks i can't puke now, and i probably shouldn't drink either but i only do socially on occasion.

Hang in there

I have a knack for theses rare diseases too. What does achalasia affect?

Oh, I'll save up and drink every once in while. I've therefore modeled myself after a beer connoisseur and drink the good ones rather than boat loads of miller light.

philfree
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I think it's pretty awesome to see Mikey post about me seeing as I've never seen him make a single post that didn't involve ripping on another poster.

He's dead on though.

And where's my bouncy girl? I'd like her back now please. It was cute for a grade school prank but c'mon.

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I have a knack for theses rare diseases too. What does achalasia affect?

Oh, I'll save up and drink every once in while. I've therefore modeled myself after a beer connoisseur and drink the good ones rather than boat loads of miller light.

Achalasia pretty much made sure i couldnt swallow food, drinks anything. It's like i forgot how to eat and swallow. The esophugus becomes weaker and the sphincter stops doing its job of opening and closing. Everything came back up and just piled in my throat. Not fun figuring out whats wrong for 2 months straight. Lost about 50lbs. Surgery stopped that and made sure i could eat but i have to drink alot of water and have bad acid reflux and GERD now cause of it. They have no idea how i got it, said its possible i was born with it. So i take alot of muscle relaxers, and acid pills. I can't puke like normal people and get relief, i dry heave when im sick.

It blows...and when its real bad it knocks me out pretty much and makes it hard to breathe and the chest pain is unbearable. My esophugus is constantly checked every few months for cancer and lesions cause of the acid buildup.

Luckily i dont eat as bad as i used to and control my diet pretty well. I take the pills everyday whether i need them or not. I still eat spicy things etc, just rarely.

I'd say definetly go for quality, beer is not good for me either or alcohol, so i limit it alot. I drink water all the time too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
these guys are major downers...

but we knew this when Pioli was hired...they draft by THEIR board...they don't draft on Kiper's board like Lazy Herm...so guys like Mecca who latch on to their favorite experts get all mad when their guys aren't selected...when they have NO INSIDE access like GM's...

If this draft has shown anything...projections are just that...projections. At the end of the day, no one knows shit except for the guys doing the drafting.

Yeah, because getting 50 tackles and a sack out of a rookie DT, having two rookie CBs play at a high level, getting a solid change of pace back (who ripped the Bucs before he got hurt) is just shit. And that's assuming that you get nothing out of Cottam or Richardson.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Achalasia pretty much made sure i couldnt swallow food, drinks anything. It's like i forgot how to eat and swallow. The esophugus becomes weaker and the sphincter stops doing its job of opening and closing. Everything came back up and just piled in my throat. Not fun figuring out whats wrong for 2 months straight. Lost about 50lbs. Surgery stopped that and made sure i could eat but i have to drink alot of wire and have bad acid reflux and GERD now cause of it. They have no idea how i got it, said its possible i was born with it. So i take alot of muscle relaxers, and acid pills. I can't puke like normal people and get relief, i dry heave when im sick.

It blows...and when its real bad it knocks me out pretty much and makes it hard to breathe and the chest pain is unbearable. My esophugus is constantly checked every few months for cancer and lesions cause of the acid buildup.

Luckily i dont eat as bad as i used to and control my diet pretty well. I take the pills everyday whether i need them or not. I still eat spicy things etc, just rarely.

I'd say definetly go for quality, beer is not good for me either or alcohol, so i limit it alot. I drink water all the time too.

Damn, that sounds a lot worse than mine. My sympathies.

Yeah, doc said 1 beer a week, if that. That's like the absolute limit.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:03 PM
ROFL
it's ok..others have tried to make a last resort their lame argument. I'ts why you haven't and won't substantiate one of your claims.

btw, sorry for your condition.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I wonder if it's your incredible hubris, condescending attitude towards others, and your air of overwhelming superiority?No way!

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 05:04 PM
it's ok..otheres have tried to make a last resort their lame argument. I'ts why you haven't and won't substantiated one of your claims.

Maybe when I have some time I'll back it up.

In the meantime, please continue your MO.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Maybe when I have some time I'll back it up.

In the meantime, please continue your MO.

now it's my turn to laugh...

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Damn, that sounds a lot worse than mine. My sympathies.

Yeah, doc said 1 beer a week, if that. That's like the absolute limit.
it's all good, we just deal with whats handed to us, thanks

Mecca
04-26-2009, 05:08 PM
There is a certain kind of poster that thinks I'm condescending I'll let them figure out what kind of poster that is.

Scorp
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
There is a certain kind of poster that thinks I'm condescending I'll let them figure out what kind of poster that is.

What about the poster's that just think you are a dumb f*ck? Should I start a club?

Mecca
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
This forum has turned into such a shithole lately, I swear.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
This forum has turned into such a shithole lately, I swear.

that's why I apologized...you changed it.

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMfr2CgIPhg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMfr2CgIPhg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
that's why I apologized...you changed it.

I find that hard to believe.

Nostalgia for some imagined glory days is pretty trite, really.

Just because your perspective has changed doesn't mean that this reflects reality. From my short time here, it's been the same shit, but voiced from different sources from time to time.

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM

Crohn's? When were you diagnosed? If you don't mind me asking, are you seeing a good GI guy? You don't have to answer, or you can PM.

That's such a bastard of a disease...

Jenson71
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM

Just because your perspective has changed doesn't mean that this reflects reality. From my short time here, it's been the same shit, but voiced from different sources from time to time.

Go **** yourself. You're the problem.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Go **** yourself. You're the problem.

ROFL

But I voted for Gaz...

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:23 PM

Those were his words.

this has nothing to do with nostalgia..things change.

Jenson71
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
There never was a Gaz. I was Gaz. I pretended to be an engineer. I pretended to like Tequilla Rose and bubblebaths. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG PEOPLE. WAKE UP. This shit is for real. There is no Santa. There is no Loch Ness Monster. There is no Gaz.

xoxo
~ you know now

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Those were his words.

this has nothing to do with nostalgia..things change.

"Change" for some of the long timers usually implies a negative connotation. This seemed to be the case with your post, suggesting that Mecca had inspired "change."

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Crohn's? When were you diagnosed? If you don't mind me asking, are you seeing a good GI guy? You don't have to answer, or you can PM.

That's such a bastard of a disease...

Diagnosed Freshman year of college. Nothing really severe just noticed mild pain and stuff. Then October and about two weeks ago it flared up. Found a stricture but they want to leave it in (understandably) since it hasn't caused a massive problem yet. I've responded to steroids and the meds very well, so that's the big plus right now.

I am seeing a GI guy. The first one who diagnosed me retired recently so I am with another in his same firm. GI Associates on 103rd st in OP.

Honestly, aside from the two flare ups, it's been manageable. I just don't like having to worry about what I have to eat. Therefore, I don't, which probably doesn't help. Course, it's hard to pinpoint trigger foods when you don't react instantly.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
"Change" for some of the long timers usually implies a negative connotation. This seemed to be the case with your post, suggesting that Mecca had inspired "change."

dude, he claimed to have changed the culture. whether it's negative or positve is up to the individual.

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Diagnosed Freshman year of college. Nothing really severe just noticed mild pain and stuff. Then October and about two weeks ago it flared up. Found a stricture but they want to leave it in (understandably) since it hasn't caused a massive problem yet. I've responded to steroids and the meds very well, so that's the big plus right now.

I am seeing a GI guy. The first one who diagnosed me retired recently so I am with another in his same firm. GI Associates on 103rd st in OP.

Honestly, aside from the two flare ups, it's been manageable. I just don't like having to worry about what I have to eat. Therefore, I don't, which probably doesn't help. Course, it's hard to pinpoint trigger foods when you don't react instantly.

Good to hear. I know that group fairly well. Also glad to hear you're not dealing with the usual associated pain. Lots of good treatments and management are on drawing board.

Delano
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
There never was a Gaz. I was Gaz. I pretended to be an engineer. I pretended to like Tequilla Rose and bubblebaths. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG PEOPLE. WAKE UP. This shit is for real. There is no Santa. There is no Loch Ness Monster. There is no Gaz.

xoxo
~ you know now

There is an idea of a Gaz; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real Gaz: only an entity, something illusory. And though Gaz can hide his cold gaze, and you can shake his hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense your lifestyles are probably comparable... Gaz simply is not there.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Good to hear. I know that group fairly well. Also glad to hear you're not dealing with the usual associated pain. Lots of good treatments and management are on drawing board.

At the rate I've seen people being diagnosed with it, I think we're about to hit an explosion of research into it and hopefully a cure.

Then again, cancer hasn't been cured and look how much money has been thrown at it and people it has affected.

Jenson71
04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
This place was a lot better until I showed up. I'd never want to be part of a forum that allowed me as a member.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
dude, he claimed to have changed the culture. whether it's negative or positve is up to the individual.

Fair enough.

One person certainly hasn't had that much of an effect on the site, though.

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
This place was a lot better until I showed up. I'd never want to be part of a forum that allowed me as a member.

Jenson Marx

stevieray
04-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Fair enough.

One person certainly hasn't had that much of an effect on the site, though.

go **** yourself mouthbreather, don't you know I'm Elvis?

:cuss:

Jenson71
04-26-2009, 05:33 PM
This place used to be good, and then it got bad for a little bit, and then it got a little bit better, and the it got really good, but then it slipped, and then it got worse, but then it bounced back up, and then it leveled off again to about average, then it shot way up for a while there, then it came down again but not drastically, but then it went so down it's amazing to think how it survived, and then thankfully it progressed a little bit further up.

And that was just the first week.

I will write more about the history of chiefsplanet in the following posts.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
go **** yourself mouthbreather, don't you know I'm Elvis?

:cuss:

Who?

irishjayhawk
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
This place used to be good, and then it got bad for a little bit, and then it got a little bit better, and the it got really good, but then it slipped, and then it got worse, but then it bounced back up, and then it leveled off again to about average, then it shot way up for a while there, then it came down again but not drastically, but then it went so down it's amazing to think how it survived, and then thankfully it progressed a little bit further up.

And that was just the first week.

I will write more about the history of chiefsplanet in the following posts.

STFU N00B

stevieray
Who?

exactly...:clap:

Sam Hall
I've reached a point where I'm nowhere near as interested in this board. The Chiefs' draft goes to show why all the arguing and venom among posters isn't worth it. Nobody predicted any of the Chiefs' selections.

Scorp
04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Nobody predicted any of the Chiefs' selections.

Are you sure the Amazing Mecca didn't? Really? That guy is suppose to be the greatest draft guru on this board. Are you trying to tell me he doesn't know shit? :evil:

Fritz88
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
i just ate dinner, it tasted good.

tk13
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not that surprised. Whether it was a good draft or bad draft aside, the Patriots always have a different board than everyone else. That doesn't mean us or the Pats have done the right thing. But it's very difficult to predict what Pioli, Parcells, or Belichick is going to do. Nobody thought they'd take Chung with their first pick, etc. I think that's going to be a trend as long as Pioli is here.

Well, that's gonna get everybody fired up because it goes off the conventional board, or the board of those people who religiously study the draft. Because they aren't at these interviews or workouts to see what these Parcells guys are seeing to make their decisions. I mean we could never see those, but all we see is the combine and the Pats don't give a crap about that.

J Diddy
04-26-2009, 05:52 PM

I know what kind of poster that is. The majority.

wild1
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, that's gonna get everybody fired up because it goes off the conventional board, or the board of those people who religiously study the draft. Because they aren't at these interviews or workouts to see what these Parcells guys are seeing to make their decisions. I mean we could never see those, but all we see is the combine and the Pats don't give a crap about that.

yep

Mecca
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I know what kind of poster that is. The majority.

I enjoy this issue you've had with me lately.

googlegoogle
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.ksginfo.org/images/photo4_3menSEDC.JPG

58-4ever
04-26-2009, 07:04 PM
This thread is funny. A 12 pager must be feeding those egos nicely.

J Diddy
04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
I enjoy this issue you've had with me lately.

Me too. Just trying help relieve the pressure of your over inflated ego. Consider it a gift.

warrior
04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
My new avatar:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3411/ernie.png

SWEEEEET

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not that surprised. Whether it was a good draft or bad draft aside, the Patriots always have a different board than everyone else. That doesn't mean us or the Pats have done the right thing. But it's very difficult to predict what Pioli, Parcells, or Belichick is going to do. Nobody thought they'd take Chung with their first pick, etc. I think that's going to be a trend as long as Pioli is here.

And yet Mayock nailed the Mayo pick last year and a shitload of people this week hit the Tyson Jackson pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Mecca, Dane, Hamas

(image edited by original poster)

Enjoy the banning, dumbass.

FringeNC
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I think there is an analogy to baseball -- the Patriots are like the Moneyballers in baseball who aren't as "toolsy" as traditional scouts. The Moneyballers look for a few specific traits that they think have been traditionally undervalued by the rest of the league. I think the Parcells/Belichick guys are much the same way.

tk13
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
And yet Mayock nailed the Mayo pick last year and a shitload of people this week hit the Tyson Jackson pick.
Nobody on earth had Tyson Jackson at three until the last week or so, after the cat was out of the bag that we were hot after him.

tk13
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I think there is an analogy to baseball -- the Patriots are like the Moneyballers in baseball who aren't as "toolsy" as traditional scouts. The Moneyballers look for a few specific traits that they think have been traditionally undervalued by the rest of the league. I think the Parcells/Belichick guys are much the same way.
Yeah, that's what I've said all along. I don't know what it is, but I really don't think we're throwing stuff at the wall willy nilly. I think there are some very specific things these guys are being evaluated on, and they're being evaluated thoroughly, and we're making our decisions based on those. And I don't think those criteria are the same as anyone else. Which is why the Patriots continually take guys others don't see coming. Same thing this year. Nobody saw Chung or the OL'men from Houston in the 2nd round, among others.

It's certainly not based off something like Medlock beating Mason Crosby in a postseason kicking competition like it was under Carl. I thought some of the picks were surprising but I do feel confident that every pick was thoroughly evaluated and well thought out.

Rain Man
04-26-2009, 08:28 PM

With this in mind, perhaps it's a good thing that our draft was bizarre and unusual. If we had fallen into line with the expectations of the masses, it might mean that Belichick was the main draft guru in New England and not Pioli.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Nobody saw Chung or the OL'men from Houston in the 2nd round, among others.

OTW picked Chung for the Patriots in our mock in 2nd round.

tk13
04-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Okay, let me rephrase that. With 224082740 million mocks out there. Somebody is going to hit, but the mass majority, no.

Skip Towne
04-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Clark Hunt would get a big kick out of this thread.

stevieray
It's certainly not based off something like Medlock beating Mason Crosby in a postseason kicking competition like it was under Carl. I thought some of the picks were surprising but I do feel confident that every pick was thoroughly evaluated and well thought out.

Character guys (team players) who love the game.

and we 've known that since his first PC. He warned that if we were looking for big names, we were going to be disappointed.

that's why this is all so funny, but predictable...people are scared of the unknown...in a 'have right now' culture.

The two most important decisions have already been made. Firing Carl and Herm...Before that happened, Clark was on the chopping block...this is just another turkey for the blade.

Mecca
OTW picked Chung for the Patriots in our mock in 2nd round.

I thought they were going to take Ron Brace so hey that's 2!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Okay, let me rephrase that. With 224082740 million mocks out there. Somebody is going to hit, but the mass majority, no.

Scott Wright, Mel Kiper are two of the 5 most well known draft people and they both hit it. It's not like some guy with a random number generator did 1000 mocks and 1 had Jackson in it.

tk13
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
You are being difficult. As usual. Show me a mock from a couple months ago that had Jackson going to the Chiefs. Nobody evaluated Jackson as high as the Chiefs did until they found out Pioli had evaluated him that way.

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
You are being difficult. As usual. Show me a mock from a couple months ago that had Jackson going to the Chiefs. Nobody evaluated Jackson as high as the Chiefs did until they found out Pioli had evaluated him that way.

Yep in fact no one had Jackson until about Thursday or Friday when some how that leaked then all the mock drafts quickly changed.

wild1
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Character guys (team players) who love the game.

and we 've known that since his first PC. He warned that if we were looking for big names, we were going to be disappointed.

that's why this is all so funny, but predictable...people are scared of the unknown...in a 'have right now' culture.

yeah... the Patriots have a lot of guys who seem like they are just guys. But you add the whole organizational formula together and they get things done.

So it seems to me that they wanted to trade down in the first, but absent any decent offers, they at least took the guy they were after. They needed two ends to start the dough rising on the defensive front 7, and they can do that now.

I don't know how many of these low round picks they interviewed or whatever, but it seems that in these project players they want players who are going to give them "buy-in". They are just trying to add the most talented guys they could get who fit this profile.

We have the dubious luxury of having a million holes to fill. You can't really take players that aren't at a position of need if you are the Chiefs

wild1
04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Yep in fact no one had Jackson until about Thursday or Friday when some how that leaked then all the mock drafts quickly changed.

I think it just became more apparent to observers that no one was going to probably have the motivation to trade up to 2 or 3 in this weak draft class. So they made the most logical pick for us based on the top 10 or so.

You look at the chiefs, the front seven was a big need, and on top of need you are changing scheme. The offensive line, you have players you can at least work with this year. The defensive personnel we had can't even really be used in that scheme.

Sure I would have loved for them to move down to #10 and still get their guy, but it takes two to tango. And if they were worried about losing him to the Browns, then it's maybe not acceptable risk to chance missing that key piece on top of getting below average value in the trade.

It's better to get the right player too high than to get someone who is perceived as more "value" but not the one you want... i would pick the former anytime

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM

I never made that argument you fucking passive aggressive jackass.

I was responding to this erroneous gem:

But it's very difficult to predict what Pioli, Parcells, or Belichick is going to do. Nobody thought they'd take Chung with their first pick, etc. I think that's going to be a trend as long as Pioli is here

If it were so difficult, people wouldn't have correctly predicted the past two picks of Scott Pioli teams, especially since things were on "lockdown" at Arrowhead.

Jenson71
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM

:spock:

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I think it just became more apparent to observers that no one was going to probably have the motivation to trade up to 2 or 3 in this weak draft class. So they made the most logical pick for us based on the top 10 or so.

You look at the chiefs, the front seven was a big need, and on top of need you are changing scheme. The offensive line, you have players you can at least work with this year. The defensive personnel we had can't even really be used in that scheme.

Sure I would have loved for them to move down to #10 and still get their guy, but it takes two to tango. And if they were worried about losing him to the Browns, then it's maybe not acceptable risk to chance missing that key piece on top of getting below average value in the trade.

It's better to get the right player too high than to get someone who is perceived as more "value" but not the one you want... i would pick the former anytime

Completely agree wild. They wanted him but accurately predicated the Browns would nab him so they stayed put even though it will cost them alot of money.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 08:46 PM
yeah... the Patriots have a lot of guys who seem like they are just guys. But you add the whole organizational formula together and they get things done.

So it seems to me that they wanted to trade down in the first, but absent any decent offers, they at least took the guy they were after. They needed two ends to start the dough rising on the defensive front 7, and they can do that now.

I don't know how many of these low round picks they interviewed or whatever, but it seems that in these project players they want players who are going to give them "buy-in". They are just trying to add the most talented guys they could get who fit this profile.

We have the dubious luxury of having a million holes to fill. You can't really take players that aren't at a position of need if you are the Chiefs

The Patriots win because they have/had Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Dick Seymour, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, among others. Those are the ones who make the "guys" look championship caliber. That and their coach.

This idea that there is some kind of New England alchemy that they can take 53 pieces of lead and turn them to gold is just bullshit.

tk13
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I stand by what I said. Even if you resort to a typical psycho babble cuss-until-your-eyeballs-pop out rant. Yadda yadda. More power to you.

If you're talking about final mock drafts based on inside information from front offices hours before the draft begins, yes, people will accurately predict many of Scott Pioli's draft selections. They're getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

If you're talking about how these players are evaluated several months out during the combine and in individual workouts, it is much more difficult to predict what he's going to do. It took inside information being leaked for anyone to put Jackson in the top 5, where Pioli apparently had him all along. Nobody "evaluated" Jackson at the third pick, not after any Bowl games, workouts, or during the combine. They used their connections to the front office 48 hours before the draft to make sure their mock was accurate. It had zilch to do with actual player evaluation.

There, hopefully I qualified my original statement with enough legalize to appease everyone. It doesn't really change what I meant, but hopefully it's more clear now. That most people do not evaluate players the same way Scott Pioli does.

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I never made that argument you fucking passive aggressive jackass.

I was responding to this erroneous gem:

But it's very difficult to predict what Pioli, Parcells, or Belichick is going to do. Nobody thought they'd take Chung with their first pick, etc. I think that's going to be a trend as long as Pioli is here

If it were so difficult, people wouldn't have correctly predicted the past two picks of Scott Pioli teams, especially since things were on "lockdown" at Arrowhead.

Hamas his point is valid concerning Jackson. No one had him picked by the Chiefs until Mortensen broke the news late this week then everybody started changing their mocks.

I can't speak for the Patriots picks.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Post 466. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5568036&highlight=chung#post5568036

The Patriots had a WR targeted with this pick before the draft started, but they went out and wasted a draft pick on Greg Lewis.

I could pick him anyway, but he really doesn't fit anymore with the addition of Lewis.

So, I'll go with the top rated player on my board.

The Patriots select:

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

Chung is exactly the kind of SS they are looking for to replace Rodney Harrison.

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
BTW here is the thread about Mort breaking this news around 11:00PM Friday night

After that everyone changed their mocks

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5703762

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
And even when the Chiefs picked Jackson, it was universally hailed as a reach. People didn't bump Tyson Jackson up in rankings because Pioli was interested in him. People don't bump up Michael Mitchell or Colin Blow in their rankings because of where they were drafted.

That argument is complete fucking bunk.

And if a team drafts someone, they are always going to say he was their #1 player, even if it was a panicked move. Do you really think Vermeil would have said they panicked when they picked Siavii?

And if Scott Pioli values a run stopping 5 tech as being the third most valuable guy in the draft at worst, he's a fucking moron.

Chocolate Hog
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Yea Tyson Jackson sucks. We should have drafted Orakapo at 3. This draft sucked I think Jackson was a good pick.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
And even when the Chiefs picked Jackson, it was universally hailed as a reach. People didn't bump Tyson Jackson up in rankings because Pioli was interested in him. People don't bump up Michael Mitchell or Colin Blow in their rankings because of where they were drafted.

That argument is complete ****ing bunk.

And if a team drafts someone, they are always going to say he was their #1 player, even if it was a panicked move. Do you really think Vermeil would have said they panicked when they picked Siavii?

And if Scott Pioli values a run stopping 5 tech as being the third most valuable guy in the draft at worst, he's a ****ing moron.

The "report" was that the PATRIOTS had him as a first round prospect. Possibly the whole time.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
The "report" was that the PATRIOTS had him as a first round prospect. Possibly the whole time.

And there are 32 picks in the 1st round.

Brian Orakpo was universally thought of as a 1st round talent, but you sure as hell wouldn't have taken him at #3 overall.

All the arguments against taking Curry because ILB's aren't worth taking in the Top 5, apply to Jackson as well.

Neither an ILB nor a 5 technique is going to make the impact to meet the value of a pick that high in the draft.

BJ Raji would have been a slight reach, but NT in a 3-4 scheme as an important, impact position as you get, sans a true pass rushing OLB.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
And there are 32 picks in the 1st round.

Brian Orakpo was universally thought of as a 1st round talent, but you sure as hell wouldn't have taken him at #3 overall.

I didn't say anything about the #3 overall pick. It was a reach, we've established that.

But it's also not the end of the world either.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks the Patriots are just a bunch of guys is diluted.

Have you taken a look at their roster? Yea no stars there just guys. Uh huh sure...

I swear sometimes people post some of the dumbest shit to try to prove some point that doesn't exist.

wild1
04-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks the Patriots are just a bunch of guys is diluted.

Have you taken a look at their roster? Yea no stars there just guys. Uh huh sure...

I swear sometimes people post some of the dumbest shit to try to prove some point that doesn't exist.

Good example of why the clique is hated... you present some semblance of a counter, but it's all drowned in "you're stupid".

If the argument is, the Chiefs don't have superstars so this won't work, who were we supposed to get this offseason who is a player like that?

They got a guy who they think is their franchise QB. They replaced both defensive ends. They added veteran players at linebacker and receiver. They are fairly solid at corner, but added another one. They added a kicker, a probably kick returner, and some other guys who can contribute on special teams. As far as I can tell the dissent just amounts to "the websites I read had this guy over the guy we picked"

No, there is no Randy Moss or Tom Brady on the roster. There aren't too many of those guys around. They don't get away very often once they are that good. You generally have to grow those on your own.

I think it's spurious to say "Yeah we'll see how good this works without Brady and Moss". You can't instantly fix 20 positions and add 5 superstars.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I think it's spurious to say "Yeah we'll see how good this works without Brady and Moss". You can't instantly fix 20 positions and add 5 superstars.

With that point, you pretty much nailed the reason why so many people are/where against the Cassel acquisition.

The guy didn't play for seven years and when he finally got on the field, he played behind one of the best offensive lines in the league while throwing to two premiere WR's.

It's difficult to judge his talent and in that case, go with the young guy in Sanchez. Don't waste three years with Cassel, only to find out he was a one-year wonder and a by product of the surrounding greatness.

Not that it matters now...

Mecca
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Ok I've been called about 8 million things today I don't think the nice card should be pulled.

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks the Patriots are just a bunch of guys is diluted.As in watered down?

Skip Towne
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
All this bulletin board "expertise" makes my head hurt. I'll try again tomorrow. Good night.

wild1
04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
With that point, you pretty much nailed the reason why so many people are/where against the Cassel acquisition.

The guy didn't play for seven years and when he finally got on the field, he played behind one of the best offensive lines in the league while throwing to two premiere WR's.

It's difficult to judge his talent and in that case, go with the young guy in Sanchez. Don't waste three years with Cassel, only to find out he was a one-year wonder and a by product of the surrounding greatness.

Not that it matters now...

I wouldn't have hated Sanchez or anything. I would have been OK with that avenue.

I know it will get lampooned as "in pioli we trust", but if Matt Cassel were someone good enough to build a team around, who would know better than the people he worked for?

And there's less cost in terms of the draft, allowing them to do what they think was fill their next most important hole for the next 5 years. It's not dumb, but it's not dumb to have preferred the other choice either.

I'm sure he will always be compared to Sanchez, but if you put a guy in a different team situation, maybe you even get totally different results for Sanchez/Chiefs and Sanchez/Jets.

The debate is kind of pointless in a way, because if Cassel works it's brilliant, if he doesn't, it's not. Whichever side you are on it's that simple.

wild1
04-26-2009, 11:14 PM
And I don't really rate the fact that Cassel didn't start at USC. He sat behind Carson Palmer, which would have been true of almost every QB in college football. All the QBs in the draft this year would have sat behind him as well, right.

My guess is that Cassel went to USC because he wanted to compete to QB USC, and like all the QBs they bring in, he was probably a guy who could have started at almost any other school he wanted, and then history would have been written differently.

Of course there are question marks, but I don't see why he has less upside than Sanchez or Stafford. Maybe he does, but I bet the Jets or Lions would be more than pleased if their guys had the season Cassel did last year.

raybec 4
04-26-2009, 11:14 PM
I must not be understanding the point here, these guys have opinions that differ from our FO. Our FO differs from a lot of others in the league. So fuckin what? Nobody here works in the Chiefs Front Office and nobody that does work in the Chiefs Front Office gives a shit what this board thinks.

It will not be known if this was a good draft for a couple of years, and I'm sure even Pioli himself will admit some of these picks are going to turn out to be mistakes.

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 04:41 AM
Good example of why the clique is hated... you present some semblance of a counter, but it's all drowned in "you're stupid".

Right here. Boom.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:02 AM

That argument is complete ****ing bunk.

And if Scott Pioli values a run stopping 5 tech as being the third most valuable guy in the draft at worst, he's a ****ing moron.

The arguement isn't whether Jackson was a good pick, it's whether anyone predicted him as #3 until info leaked. Almost no one did. End of arguement.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 06:05 AM
And with the 3rd pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Tyson Jackson, Defensive End, LSU

http://www.beaumonde.net/weblog/images/Duke-Kid-Crying.jpg <--Chiefsplanet

okcchief
04-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Sanchez will have a much better chance to succeed with the Jets since they have an offensive line and a lot more overall talent IMO.

My biggest concern with any QB we have is protection. I hope Cassel has eyes in the back of his head.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Since some old threads have been dug up, I thought I'd dig up one of mine to show I was wrong and that Mecca Dane, and Hamas were right all along. Carry on...:D

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Its funny. At the time I made this thread, I meant for the OP to be sarcastic. Turns out that its true for the most part.

philfree
12-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Its funny. At the time I made this thread, I meant for the OP to be sarcastic. Turns out that its true for the most part.

Ha...more sarcasm. Very funny. Very funny:)

Micjones
12-18-2009, 06:23 PM
You forgot OTWP.

He completes the foursome of horsemen.

Count Alex's Losses
12-18-2009, 06:31 PM
You forgot OTWP.

He completes the foursome of horsemen.

McIntosh, Goff, Niswanger and Albert weren't the four horsemen of the Apo-Cassel-ypse after all!

It was Mecca, Dane, Hamas and OTWP!

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Ha...more sarcasm. Very funny. Very funny:)

PhilFree:arrow::) Actually, not more sarcasm. I was being serious.

I made this thread because they were pissed at the moves the Chiefs had made and were slamming everyone for disagreeing with them. Now that we've seen what a crap QB Cassel has become, they were correct. Not just with Cassel, but with the coaching hires. Everything. Pioli's 1st season is a disaster.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 06:38 PM
give em props for putting up with all shit around here, but it really wasnt that hard to do what they did.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
give em props for putting up with all shit around here, but it really wasnt that hard to do what they did.Well, maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm the type of fan that doesn't question moves like the Cassel trade. I figure they are in the business and have been in the business for awhile so they must know better. After this year, thats just not true.

KCrockaholic
12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I guess I've never really understood why so many people on here try to make them seem like geniuses. How did this start? Because Mecca, Dane, and Hamas are all wrong and right as much as anybody on this site. I want to know who was the group that decided to crown them as the smartest football groupies?

boogblaster
12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Some have insight others have input ....

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 07:10 PM
I guess I've never really understood why so many people on here try to make them seem like geniuses. How did this start? Because Mecca, Dane, and Hamas are all wrong and right as much as anybody on this site. I want to know who was the group that decided to crown them as the smartest football groupies?No one decided anything. I'm just saying they were right about everything this yr.

stevieray
12-18-2009, 07:15 PM
No one decided anything. I'm just saying they were right about everything this yr.just in case anyone missed it the first four times...;)

KCrockaholic
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
No one decided anything. I'm just saying they were right about everything this yr.

Yeah, I understand that. But some groups of people on here seem to think they are the gods of football knowledge.

I appreciate Mecca's input on things, but I don't understand how people can seriously make threads specifically asking Mecca, Dane, or Hamas questions that can be answered by other people that know just as much. I want to know who crowned their asses.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM
just in case anyone missed it the first four times...;):D Well, it seems to me some(cough*Mecca*cough) around here have a propensity to be 'right' all the time. I, however, was wrong when I made this thread. These 3 and others have been proven right.

KCrockaholic
12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
:D Well, it seems to me some(cough*Mecca*cough) around here have a propensity to be 'right' all the time. I, however, was wrong when I made this thread. These 3 and others have been proven right.

......................:rolleyes:

kind of what I am talking about.

orange
12-18-2009, 07:28 PM
I want to know who crowned their asses.

The true greats don't need anyone else to crown them.

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.louvre.fr/media/repository/ressources/sources/illustration/artsgraphiques/image_62136_v2_m56577569830666016.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFDU-uTECwvKvlQ3qhFC55nv-PlKw

stevieray
12-18-2009, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=BigChiefDave;6358513 These 3 and others have been proven right.[/QUOTE]

just in case anyone missed it the first five times.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I understand that. But some groups of people on here seem to think they are the gods of football knowledge.

I appreciate Mecca's input on things, but I don't understand how people can seriously make threads specifically asking Mecca, Dane, or Hamas questions that can be answered by other people that know just as much. I want to know who crowned their asses.I see what you are saying, and I have no clue.

BigMeatballDave
just in case anyone missed it the first five times.ROFL

Chiefnj2
Draft boards of Planet members. You can see which players posters actually valued instead of the hindsight game.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206257

stevieray
12-18-2009, 07:31 PM
ROFL
could be a drinking game.

Chiefnj2
12-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Take a drink every time:

Mecca says this team just doesn't like playmakers.
Mecca says someone doesn't understand draft value.
OTWP, Deez Nuts, ChiefsCounty jumps in defend one another.
Dane curses.
ROR posts something stupid.

KCrockaholic
12-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Draft boards of Planet members. You can see which players posters actually valued instead of the hindsight game.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206257

Thanks for bringing this back. But its in the draft section, so it probably wont get noticed.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I guess I've never really understood why so many people on here try to make them seem like geniuses. How did this start? Because Mecca, Dane, and Hamas are all wrong and right as much as anybody on this site. I want to know who was the group that decided to crown them as the smartest football groupies?

Please point out where I have been "wrong" this year.

And Clay, predicting the Chiefs to be 2-8 instead of 3-7 in August doesn't count.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 07:38 PM
No one decided anything. I'm just saying they were right about everything this yr.

Thanks, Dave.

For the record, I would have rather been wrong about everything than right.

Maybe the Chiefs would be sitting at 8-5 or 9-4.

notorious
12-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Take a drink every time:

Dane curses.

Talk about an instant drunk :)

KCrockaholic
12-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Please point out where I have been "wrong" this year.

And Clay, predicting the Chiefs to be 2-8 instead of 3-7 in August doesn't count.

I honestly don't know. I wasn't saying you are wrong all the time, but some people on here have it in their minds that you 3 are amazing. I just don't know where that comes from. I'm not going to look back through a years worth of post either. I don't go Dane searching everyday like some people.

notorious
12-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks, Dave.

For the record, I would have rather been wrong about everything than right.

Maybe the Chiefs would be sitting at 8-5 or 9-4.

Love it, I am the same way.

I would rather look like a dumbass and have Pioli and Haley dominate for the next 6 years then be correct.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Take a drink every time:

Dane curses.
ROR posts something stupid.You forgot to mention 'When Hamas tells you to kill yourself'.:D

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 07:50 PM
I honestly don't know. I wasn't saying you are wrong all the time, but some people on here have it in their minds that you 3 are amazing. I just don't know where that comes from. I'm not going to look back through a years worth of post either. I don't go Dane searching everyday like some people.

Nice cop out.

First, you accuse me of being wrong as much as right. But you can't back that up.

Then you state you don't understand why people think we're "amazing", but again, you won't and can't back that up.

Why even post if you don't have facts or opinions?

Just to hear yourself talk?

Weak, Dude.

Just weak.

stevieray
12-18-2009, 07:54 PM
The only thing anyone has been right about was not expecting much from the Chiefs this year.

KCrockaholic
12-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Because I have not read anything that any of you guys have said that made me go "wow, these guys know what they are talking about", more than any other person on here.

People think you guys are special, but I don't believe it. Trust me, I'm not saying you guys don't know what your talking about. I like reading some of the input you guys give, but none of it is any different than anyone elses.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Because I have not read anything that any of you guys have said that made me go "wow, these guys know what they are talking about", more than any other person on here.

Then you clearly aren't reading "everyone's" posts.

Thanks for playing.