PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should Chiefs pursue Burress?

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:07 AM
With Plaxico as a free agent, should the Chiefs pursue him? There are obvious character problems, but there were with Moss as well. There's no denying we need the help as far as offensive weapons.

Personally, I'd be happy to have him. Thoughts?

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Plaxico and LJ hitting up Blonde on a weekly basis? No thanks.

blazzin311
04-27-2009, 05:27 AM
yea, i'll pass thanks.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:28 AM
Plaxico and LJ hitting up Blonde on a weekly basis? No thanks.

ROFL
At least LJ would just spit on women rather than accidentally shooting them.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 05:29 AM
ROFL
At least LJ would just spit on women rather than accidentally shooting them.

ROFL

Micjones
04-27-2009, 05:39 AM
I think his future is a bit too uncertain for the investment it would require.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:42 AM
I think his future is a bit too uncertain for the investment it would require.

But what's the issue... money? From what I can tell we can't even see the salary cap from where we are and even that's gonna be gone pretty soon. You think Clark can sell a couple bentleys and take a shot at a big time talent?

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 05:45 AM
But what's the issue... money? From what I can tell we can't even see the salary cap from where we are and even that's gonna be gone pretty soon. You think Clark can sell a couple bentleys and take a shot at a big time talent?

Issue is he might be in jail and will almost certainly be suspended, probably for 8 games. You don't want to pay a guy to sit on his ass if you know it's going to happen.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Issue is he might be in jail and will almost certainly be suspended, probably for 8 games. You don't want to pay a guy to sit on his ass if you know it's going to happen.

This is just me not wanting to look it up... but what's the holdup on Goodell's suspension of him? It's not like this is old news.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 05:51 AM
This is just me not wanting to look it up... but what's the holdup on Goodell's suspension of him? It's not like this is old news.

Waiting for the legal system to play out. Same as the Vick situation.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:54 AM
Waiting for the legal system to play out. Same as the Vick situation.

Ugh. If Plax gets suspended half a season for being a dumbass in sweatpants, Vick better be fucking banned for life.

Micjones
04-27-2009, 05:54 AM

We can certainly afford him, but are you truly willing to fork over major coin to bring in a player who's facing possible jail time AND a suspension?

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 05:55 AM
We can certainly afford him, but are you truly willing to fork over major coin to bring in a player who's facing possible jail time AND a suspension?

Well I'M not. But I'm willing for Clark to do it, yes. :D

Micjones
04-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Well I'M not. But I'm willing for Clark to do it, yes. :D

If he weren't facing a possible 8-game suspension and jail time I'd be first in line to sign the Plaxico petition.

Under the current scenario though I think there's reason for pause.

Though if he figures into your long-term plans... I guess you could sign him up for 3-4 years. He'd certainly help you down the back nine this season. He'll be 31 before the season opens. Maybe he has 3 productive years left?

Cassel needs legitimate pass-catchers no question.
So... I can see both sides of it.

I think I still come down on the side that passes though.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 06:08 AM
If he weren't facing a possible 8-game suspension and jail time I'd be first in line to sign the Plaxico petition.

Under the current scenario though I think there's reason for pause.

Though if he figures into your long-term plans... I guess you could sign him up for 3-4 years. He'd certainly help you down the back nine this season. He'll be 31 before the season opens. Maybe he has 3 productive years left?

Cassel needs legitimate pass-catchers no question.
So... I can see both sides of it.

I think I still come down on the side that passes though.

Understood. In the interest of full disclosure I had forgotten just how long his projected suspension was. Still, that would most likely make him even more affordable.

Micjones
04-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Understood. In the interest of full disclosure I had forgotten just how long his projected suspension was. Still, that would most likely make him even more affordable.

8 games is merely speculation on my part.
If his suspension is shorter, say 4 games, I'd be much more interested in signing him.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Nah. If half of what they say is true, his work ethic is absolutely terrible.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Nah. If half of what they say is true, his work ethic is absolutely terrible.

The devil's advocate in me says, "That's what they said about Moss!!"

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 06:13 AM
The devil's advocate in me says, "That's what they said about Moss!!"

True.

Fruit Ninja
04-27-2009, 06:22 AM
I am all for it. Haley and Pioli wont take his shit anyways if he acts up. We need help now that we traded away TG.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 07:12 AM
With Plaxico as a free agent, should the Chiefs pursue him? There are obvious character problems, but there were with Moss as well. There's no denying we need the help as far as offensive weapons.

Personally, I'd be happy to have him. Thoughts?

No way. Look, the Chiefs are young. There are a ton of guys on this team that are able to be influenced. This isn't a strong lockeroom yet.

Plus, Plax, I believe, still faces jail time and a suspension.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2009, 07:41 AM
No. Bigtime character questions are not what we are trying to do.

:shake:

wild1
04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
while we're at it, let's sign Donte Stallworth

Bwana
04-27-2009, 08:13 AM
That's to easy...................NO.

cmh6476
04-27-2009, 08:18 AM
I definitely think we need a proven leader that can provide leadership to the youngsters, even Bowe at the position. Maybe that person is Bobby Engram, I'm not sure. However, I wish we would have made a little stronger effort to land a guy like Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin. A couple of those guys might only have a productive year or two left, if that. But at least it would hold the position for a little while and allow us to address it again next year or the year after.

Lex Luthor
04-27-2009, 08:18 AM
I'd rather trade LJ for Anquan Boldin.

Coach
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Pass.

KcFanInGA
04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
I'd rather trade LJ for Anquan Boldin.

:banghead:

Fritz88
04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
no

Coach
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
I am all for it. Haley and Pioli wont take his shit anyways if he acts up. We need help now that we traded away TG.

Fold.

PastorMikH
04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
IF we were one player away from dominating the season and winning the Superbowl, maybe, MAYBE I'd consider someone like Burress, Owens, or the like. But then again, Dallas was just a player or two away when the signed Owens, that didn't work out too well for them.

But with a team full of young talent, do you really want to bring in a "Star" with some major character issues that can influence these young guys to be like him? I sure don't.

Marty had a pretty decent team character-wise in KC for quite a while. Not saying this was THE factor, but when we started taking chances on players like Bam Morris to put us over the top, we started going down.

Molitoth
04-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I would take Plax if he didn't cost too much and he could play the season.