PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If there was any doubt Belichik was running the show all along in New England

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third round picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Could have done without the anti-semitic remark.

Buehler445
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Truth.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
What's up with that? Not cool.

The Franchise
Exactly what is a "third down pick"?

And nice anti-semitic remark.....you fucking tool bag.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2009, 10:30 AM

I could have done without his entire post. Its nonsense.

rambleonthruthefog
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
repost.

Blindside58
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Could someone please replace the word "Pioli" with a Star of David with the word "Juud" in the middle for B_Ambuehl....and you sir are a Moran!

rambleonthruthefog
04-27-2009, 10:38 AM
MODS?

Reaper16
04-27-2009, 10:38 AM
No third down picks.
To be fair, he has a point. Its hard to force an interception on third down without a good pass rush.

Delano
04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli ...

Oh, Jesus, B_Ambuehl, what does that have to do with anything?

Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks.

the Talking Can
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third down picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

jesus fuck this is stupid

and the anti-semitism....awesome

salame
04-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Mel Gibson?

The Bad Guy
04-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Was there ever any doubt that B_Ambuehl was the biggest fuckstick next to Claythan on this board?

Didn't think so.

Ebolapox
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
did he not 'US' them out of a pick?

(/peter griffin)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third down picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

Bad poster, bad reference. Cool it please. Bad typo, tighten it up.

Now, let's get to the take itself:

This take is right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, and right again.

Did I mention this take is correct? Quite so.

Brock
04-27-2009, 11:05 AM
"Scott Jewoli"

What do you mean by that exactly?

Frankie
04-27-2009, 11:06 AM
OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5708446#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12. Right now Pioli is God to some of the posters and your blasphemy will cost you mass stoning by the zealots here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
It is not a typo. Think about it DCS.

I'm not saying it is right, but it is not a typo.

He's changed it to "third round picks". Good enough.

Delano
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
He's changed it to "third round picks". Good enough.

Sorry. :doh!:

the Talking Can
04-27-2009, 11:09 AM
OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5708446#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12.

because the point is stupid...obviously stupid

the Pats had a bunch of picks coming in...we had a #3 that no one wanted

you'd have to be retarded to not understand the simple difference

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Shit draft, backup QB; deal with it.

Fritz88
04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
You have some points but I am still ridin' with Paley and Hioli and see where they take me next year

Lzen
04-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Good Lord. The draft sure has brought out the retards. Give it time.

kstater
04-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Ignoring the total absurdity of the entire post, I'll say this. It's slightly easier to trade out of a mid 20's pick than trade out of a top 3 pick. They didn't have a 2nd round pick because they used that second round pick on what they believe to be a franchise QB. I don't know where you're getting your information, but they did have a 3rd round pick.

crazychiefsfan
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Stupid:shake:

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third round picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

I am not going to say the Chiefs had a better draft than the Pats.

But, this draft resembles much of what the Pats have done. The Pats didn't trade down when they had the chance to draft Seymore.

The drafted defensive linemen in the first round for three straight years. That was one of their biggest priorities.

The Chiefs were able to a very good one in round one, and another one that should be another very solid prospect.

Pioli got a second round pick out of an aging TE. He got a franchise QB for a second round pick that teams like Denver and Detroit were both willing to pay more for.

Long ways to go, but so far, pretty happy with what he as done.

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 11:38 AM
The Pats didn't trade down when they had the chance to draft Seymore.

Actually, didn't they trade UP?

Micjones
04-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Racially insensitive remarks are constantly thrown around on this forum.
But this one struck a chord? Wow...

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Actually, didn't they trade UP?

I thought they traded up for either Seymore, Wilfork or the third guy that I can't freaking remember right this second... Are you freaking kidding me... why can't I remember this guys name.

Ugh. Anyways, I think they traded up for ONE of those guys, but not sure.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Even Bellichick couldn't have traded out of the three spot. This is an absurdly premature assessment.

Is Scott Pioli jewish?

Lex Luthors
04-27-2009, 11:44 AM

These comparisons to Scott Mitchell are ridiculous. Cassel started 15 games for the Patriots last year, and he put up very good numbers. More importantly, his performance improved dramatically as the season progressed. He had an entire season to prove his value. Scott Mitchell only played part of a season with the Dolphins before he signed his big contract with Detroit.

However, if you INSIST upon comparing Matt Cassel to Scott Mitchell, you should know that in Mitchell's second season in Detroit he threw for over 4,300 yards with 32 TDs and a QB rating of 92.3. If Cassel puts up numbers like that, I think most Chiefs fans would be just fine with that.

Mitchell had a very brief career because of several injuries, not because he lacked talent.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Racially insensitive remarks are constantly thrown around on this forum.
But this one struck a chord? Wow...

Really? I don't see many of them. Offensive remarks regarding gender, sexual orientation, and the mentally handicapped, but not a lot of race related stuff.

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I thought they traded up for either Seymore, Wilfork or the third guy that I can't freaking remember right this second... Are you freaking kidding me... why can't I remember this guys name.

Ugh. Anyways, I think they traded up for ONE of those guys, but not sure.

They traded during the Wilfork draft, but I don't know if it was up or down.

They took Ty Warren right around the time the Jags took Stroud. That pick was real mystery at the time.

I think it was Seymour that they traded up for.

jAZ
04-27-2009, 11:51 AM
What a stupid f'ing thread.

kchero
04-27-2009, 11:51 AM

Your an idiot.:shake:

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
They traded during the Wilfork draft, but I don't know if it was up or down.

They took Ty Warren right around the time the Jags took Stroud. That pick was real mystery at the time.

I think it was Seymour that they traded up for.

I was trying to remember Warren.

Oddly, Seymore and Warren were both under rated at the time. All the analysts were 'less than' impressed.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Play him off...

Mr. Krab
04-27-2009, 11:57 AM
That blabbering buffoon Chuck Cook could of ran this draft while Haley and Pioli were gone on vacation in Scotland.

Lzen
04-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Your an idiot.:shake:

Close, but it is "your and idiot". ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
That blabbering buffoon Chuck Cook could of ran this draft while Haley and Pioli were gone on vacation in Scotland.

Rounds 4 through 7 were certainly "Intern Blue Light Special".

RealSNR
04-27-2009, 12:04 PM
I hate Jews.

Ooops! I mean, I think we had a terrible draft class.

(God, I hope nobody heard that.)

Archie Bunker
04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I hate Jews.

God, I hope nobody heard that.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I hate Jews.

(God, I hope nobody heard that.)

ROFL

CoMoChief
04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah lets not forget that the Patriots had the 23rd pick and the Chiefs had the 3rd overall.

The Chiefs tried to trade down. Remember that in order to trade down someone has to want to trade up to your pick. With the 3rd pick, there is a lot to give up and a lot of money that's invested into that pick.

In other words, its much easier to trade down from the 23rd pick in the first rd than to trade down from the 3rd pick, especially this season where there wasn't a real strong top 10.

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Scott Jewoli"

What do you mean by that exactly?

Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even Sanches said there was a lot of discussion about him going #3. Even if the Chiefs only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again witha mid to late 1st rounder. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

I don't even want to get into the way the picks were used on the 2nd day.

Gravedigger
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even if he only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

Ignorance is bliss... wait a minute no it's not.

Sully
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Italian name+Balding=Jewish.

...interesting.

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
What a useless thread. Whoever thought Belichick wasn't running the show in New England?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
What a useless thread. Whoever thought Belichick wasn't running the show in New England?
Posted via Mobile Device
The balance of control in New England is VERY important considering Pioli is here running things without Belichek.

kchero
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Italian name+Balding=Jewish.

...interesting.

ROFLROFLROFL

eazyb81
04-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Fair opinion but neg rep for the racist comment. I'm sick of seeing that shit on here.

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Again, top-notch coaching is what turns "meh" drafts into "damn, they knew what they were doing" drafts - some are questioning all the trading down the Pats did this year and missing on better prospects - they probably won't be saying that in a couple years because that staff will coach them up and ask them to do things within the scheme that play to their strengths.

This all hinges on how good our coaches are.

Brock
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks.

Oh, ho ho haa ha ha. I get it, because Jews are tight with their money.

Pioli Zombie
The balance of control in New England is VERY important considering Pioli is here running things without Belichek.

Well let me end the suspense for anyone who somehow didn't know. Bill Belichick is the man in charge of football operations in New England and has since he was hired. Pioli was the talent evaluator. They worked very closely. Pioli's success in assessing talent is what gave him the qualifications to be given a chance as a GM

This isn't rocket science and you guys aren't discovering anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12. Right now Pioli is God to some of the posters and your blasphemy will cost you mass stoning by the zealots here.

Yeah do you remember how they all reacted after Herm was hired and several Jets fans came over here and told them exactly what would happen? hahaha I still get laughs out of that. I didn't see that post yesterday Frankie, but its good to know not everybody around here just sits around and drinks the koolaid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Well let me end the suspense for anyone who somehow didn't know. Bill Belichick is the man in charge of football operations in New England and has since he was hired. Pioli was the talent evaluator. They worked very closely. Pioli's success in assessing talent is what gave him the qualifications to be given a chance as a GM

Posted via Mobile Device

NICE back peddle! Your audacity amazes me more and more each day.

bringbackmarty
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Just so you know Italian Americans - especially my wife's relatives are very frugal people, they only give up their dough to family members, and live within their means.

Maybe this wasn't the draft to go balls to the wall with trades, because we already have reshaped the team considerably this offseason, he doesn't know exactly what he's got to work with yet, and he needs to keep his ammo for next year.

Maybe Pioli was drafting within his means, until he gets a better idea of what we really have and don't have? Plus with no second, hard to move up, and no one with anything of value wanted us to move down.

Mr. Krab
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
Well if you're correct, that would explain Pioli's inability to move around in the draft this year. Let's just hope that his talent evaluation is better than his draft managing.

Maybe he could go back up to New England and take some "how to make a fucking trade" classes from Belichek.

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
NICE back peddle! Your audacity amazes me more and more each day.

What backpeddle. Pioli did a great job in NE and he'll do a great job here I believe.

That doesn't mean he was in charge of the Patriots, you dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Stockpiling picks for an uncapped year is a bad idea.

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Well if you're correct, that would explain Pioli's inability to move around in the draft this year. Let's just hope that his talent evaluation is better than his draft managing.

Maybe he could go back up to New England and take some "how to make a fucking trade" classes from Belichek.

I forgot. You are one of assholes too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier
04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah do you remember how they all reacted after Herm was hired and several Jets fans came over here and told them exactly what would happen? hahaha I still get laughs out of that. I didn't see that post yesterday Frankie, but its good to know not everybody around here just sits around and drinks the koolaid.

Difference is after Pioli was hired Patriots fans came here and said great hire.

I find it intresting that "Drinking the kool-aid" now means all takes that aren't everything sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:28 PM

And look how he left your boy Cassel open for a fun day(s) of "On your ass, and eating grass".

Quite the genius that felllow, what with the ungodly deep reservoir of O-line talent in this draft, no?

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I love how its already a given that the draft sucked. Because of a few assholes on chiefs planet say so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
What backpeddle. Pioli did a great job in NE and he'll do a great job here I believe.

That doesn't mean he was in charge of the Patriots, you dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd like to believe too. Do I just click my heels together and say "Jesus Berry Kool-Aid Oh YEAH" three times?

:doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I love how its already a given that the draft sucked. Because of a few assholes on chiefs planet say so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setting your franchise QB up for slaughter under the likes of Sackintosh = FAIL.

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd like to believe too. Do I just click my heels together and say "Jesus Berry Kool-Aid Oh YEAH" three times?

:doh!:

Anything of substance to say?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Anything of substance to say?
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually yes! I guess you missed it:

Setting your franchise QB up for slaughter under the likes of Sackintosh = FAIL.

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I must have missed something. Has the season started yet?

Well while you guys masturbate I have to get back to work. Later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
I wonder who did the contract negotiations, Belicheck or Pioli? Will we see another STFD and stfu moment?

googlegoogle
04-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Scott Buddhistioli.

Titty Meat
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
This thread sucks & RaisedOnRiots is obviously DarthCarlSatan.

Red Dawg
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
They will ride ol Bill for another 10 years based on the the 3 rings. Even if they don't make the SB at all he will be allowed to do whatever he wants.

Sully
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Scott Buddhistioli.

Scott Atheioli?
Scott Hindioli?
Scott Lutherioli?
Scott Baptioli?
Scott Wiccioli?

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Difference is after Pioli was hired Patriots fans came here and said great hire.

I find it intresting that "Drinking the kool-aid" now means all takes that aren't everything sucks.

THIS.

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 12:49 PM

The line will be better. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McIntosh isn't the starter.

Rooster
04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
I could have done without his entire post. Its nonsense.

This

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
This thread sucks & RaisedOnRiots is obviously DarthCarlSatan.

Wow, you catch on quick!

Delano
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
The line will be better. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McIntosh isn't the starter.

Free agent replacement or one of the guys on the roster?

You can't possibly be referring to Colin Blow?

RealSNR
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
*Ahem*

<---------

SAUTO
04-27-2009, 01:34 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

YOURE WRONG DEAD WRONG ALL PIOLI DID WAS SIGN PRO FREE AGENTS/drafturbators

SAUTO
04-27-2009, 01:34 PM

post below yours:D

Hootie
04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
tell me how the Chiefs could have done what the Patriots did?

The Patriots had like 8 of the first 100 picks...and they probably have a roster that can fit MAYBE 7 or 8 rookies on it, tops...so they had all the leverage in the world to do whatever they wanted with those picks...whereas we had a pick that was impossible to trade...

People are fucking stupid.

SAUTO
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM

The Patriots had like 8 of the first 100 picks...and they probably have a roster that can fit MAYBE 7 or 8 rookies on it, tops...so they had all the leverage in the world to do whatever they wanted with those picks...whereas we had a pick that was impossible to trade...

ROFL been saying this since saturday night.

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM

Based on the fact that Pioli was closely watching the linemen at mini-camp and the subsequent fact that we didn't draft anybody other than Brown, I would say it's a safe guess that they think the guys we have are good enough. But who knows?

SAUTO
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Based on the fact that Pioli was closely watching the linemen at mini-camp and the subsequent fact that we didn't draft anybody other than Brown, I would say it's a safe guess that they think the guys we have are good enough. But who knows?

who knows about "blow" also? he could work out, people are listening to the meccas WAY too much. i found it very funny that mecca ran to NFLDC to try and find out something about "blow" and when he found nothing the player automatically sucks. even came out later and said the guy was slow footed and got beat alot, yet like i said he knew NOTHING about him when he was picked and couldnt find out anything from his other websitesROFL

bowener
04-27-2009, 01:46 PM
OP is a fucking douche.

Let the idiots continue to ignore the fact hat we were picking at #3, a spot that was regarded as untradeable by the majority of GM's and draft commentators, simply because the level of talent there did not warrant the amount of money to sign them, nor the amount of picks one would have to give up to acquire the #3 pick.

Then you have the Pats with the 2nd tier pick in the first round. They have few needs, and took advantage of their position in a weak draft. They sat back and accepted offers for any team that wanted to snag a falling "star". The Pats take players that they can use for what they already have, we do not have this luxury yet, as we are trying to build it still.

I guess it is just easier to be an idiot and disregard the common sense issues of life and reality, but then there isnt much use living when you are that ignorant.

Fish
04-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even Sanches said there was a lot of discussion about him going #3. Even if the Chiefs only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again witha mid to late 1st rounder. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

I don't even want to get into the way the picks were used on the 2nd day.

So you're saying that Pioli wasn't a part of the Patriot's success because he didn't take a horrible trade to move down? He's not part of the Patriot's success because he wouldn't accept a single 2nd round pick to move out of the #3?

That's the dumbest damn thing I've heard all day. You fail drastically.

DaWolf
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
OP is a ****ing douche.

Let the idiots continue to ignore the fact hat we were picking at #3, a spot that was regarded as untradeable by the majority of GM's and draft commentators, simply because the level of talent there did not warrant the amount of money to sign them, nor the amount of picks one would have to give up to acquire the #3 pick.

Then you have the Pats with the 2nd tier pick in the first round. They have few needs, and took advantage of their position in a weak draft. They sat back and accepted offers for any team that wanted to snag a falling "star". The Pats take players that they can use for what they already have, we do not have this luxury yet, as we are trying to build it still.

I guess it is just easier to be an idiot and disregard the common sense issues of life and reality, but then there isnt much use living when you are that ignorant.

This. I don't recall Bill Belichick trading down from No 6 in the 2001 draft after coaching the team to a 6-10 season the year before. They had a lot of needs as I recall. It's nice now to have a championship team in place where you pick low and can afford to trade picks and surplus players around and stockpile picks for the following year to do the same...

Amnorix
04-27-2009, 02:24 PM

This.

Delano
04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
who knows about "blow" also? he could work out, people are listening to the meccas WAY too much. i found it very funny that mecca ran to NFLDC to try and find out something about "blow" and when he found nothing the player automatically sucks. even came out later and said the guy was slow footed and got beat alot, yet like i said he knew NOTHING about him when he was picked and couldnt find out anything from his other websitesROFL

Sauto, you know that the reason most folks hated the Colin Blow pick was because they thought there was much better offensive line value still available?

Folks that watched Mizzou football all year didn't like the pick.

We'll see how it pans out, but there is nothing wrong with people posting their gut reactions and internet research findings on a draft thread.

SAUTO
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Sauto, you know that the reason most folks hated the Colin Blow pick was because they thought there was much better offensive line value still available?

Folks that watched Mizzou football all year didn't like the pick.

We'll see how it pans out, but there is nothing wrong with people posting their gut reactions and internet research findings on a draft thread.

i know why some were upset. my point is that one minute you(not YOU) couldnt find ANYTHING about the guy then a couple of posts later you are saying things about him that you(again not YOU) dont actually know. the fact of the matter was that he HAD NO internet research on the guy. if he had he would have found out that the guy was a 2x all big 12 mention and a 3x academic all american that can and has played every position on the o-line

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
This.

You're a hopeless homer.

Oh wait, your a Patriots fan.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Just a quick point --

The #3 could've been 'passed' down to the #10 or whatever had the holder just stood pat. So this 'impossible to trade' talk is garbage.

Would it have been hard to get #3 overall 'draft chart' value for it? Absolutely. But 'draft chart' value is an arbitrary value assigned to these picks when the players available at those levels are commensurately more talented than those that could be available with later picks, that was not the case in this draft.

I do think the Patriots performance in this draft was telling, not for the results but for the trend.

The Patriots continued to do what the Patriots do every year. They were bold, aggressive and active. Set aside what they gave up and what they got back, because the Pats obviously had a lot of bullets in their gun so it stands to reason that they'd get a great return. Just look at how they operated this draft and you'll see that it was the aggressive draft that we thought Pioli would bring with him to KC.

Pioli did none of that.

It certainly appeared to me that the author of the Patriots aggressive draft strategy is still in New England.