PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I wouldn't be too concerned about our Wr's at this point

RedThat
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
simply because I think we have a coach in Todd Haley who knows and understands that position quite well. I know we lost Gonzo, and I people on here are coveting Boldin in a Chiefs uniform. I also know Haley has been very fortunate throughout his career to have some good people at that position to work with.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Chiefs plan is to develop a guy within their system rather then look for a guy outside. I think this makes more sense. Im not buying into the boldin rumours.

the addition of engram is a good one, and I think will help the young guys.

Micjones
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
simply because I think we have a coach in Todd Haley who knows and understands that position quite well. I know we lost Gonzo, and I people on here are coveting Boldin in a Chiefs uniform. I also know Haley has been very fortunate throughout his career to have some good people at that position to work with.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Chiefs plan is to develop a guy within their system rather then look for a guy outside. I think this makes more sense. Im not buying into the boldin rumours.

the addition of engram is a good one, and I think will help the young guys.

Problem is, every Receiver here other than Bowe and Engram have been career underachievers. They've had every opportunity to be coached up and haven't produced like #2 WR's.

Blindside58
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
One Word - TAURUS!

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, I recognize that we can't fill all our gazillion needs in one offseason, but the WR position should be somewhat concerning. Haley loves to run an offense that throws in a lot of spread looks, and that involves having two playmaker receivers. The Chiefs have only one, and an inconsistent one at that. While Haley can coach up receivers, I'd also suggest that he's usually had really good talent to work with.

I think we'll be serviceable at WR, but I think Haley wishes he could do a lot better.

Micjones
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
We have a $14m QB who has Dwayne "maybe I will maybe I won't" Bowe and Bobby Engram to throw to.

That doesn't sound promising.
Or conducive to Cassel being successful here.

Fritz88
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I know we lost Gonzo, and I people on here are coveting Boldin in a Chiefs uniform. I also know Haley has been very fortunate throughout his career to have some good people at that position to work with.

This is enough to scare me.

LaChapelle
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
The Pats love thier versatile players. There is no telling who they might have catching the ball. They may not move to fast doing it. Does Cassel go wide, he's tall enough for Thigpen to throw too. :)

PastorMikH
04-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I thought having Brady helped in the passing game last year when he wasn't hurt.

Blick
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Screens and reverses to Quinten Lawrence all day long. Unstoppable.

Mr. Krab
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm more worried about the Oline.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah, we shouldn't be worried.

We have a coach who likes to throw all over the field and our 2 best options are Dwayne Bowe and Bobby Engram.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Damn, I thought Mark Bradley did a good job last year under the circumstances.

Priest31kc
04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Damn, I thought Mark Bradley did a good job last year under the circumstances.

Totally agree, he was pretty damn impressive. Those TD's he had against NY, TB and SD were nice, especially NY. I think he can be a pretty damn good #2 IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. Odds are, he wont play a full 16 game season. But yeah he looked really good to me.

buddha
04-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Bradley was better than advertised last year. Still, Engram is old and slow and Bowe isn't breaking any land speed records. I would be surprised if the Chiefs are finished with their WR corps for the upcoming season.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, we shouldn't be worried.

We have a coach who likes to throw all over the field and our 2 best options are Dwayne Bowe and Bobby Engram.

Scary, ain't it?

Almost as scary as trading for what you think is a franchise QB and not upgrading the OL, or upgrading the most inept pass rush in NFL history.

Ralphy Boy
04-27-2009, 07:03 PM
With Cleveland taking Robiskie and Massaquoi, I think Braylon Edwards is probably still on the trading block. It might take a #1 next year to get him, but I would rather have him than Boldin because I think he has more upside. I think Haley knows Boldins limits and already got everything out of him that he could.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
With Cleveland taking Robiskie and Massaquoi, I think Braylon Edwards is probably still on the trading block. It might take a #1 next year to get him, but I would rather have him than Boldin because I think he has more upside. I think Haley knows Boldins limits and already got everything out of him that he could.

We could have the top two leading receivers in drops next year? That would be great for Cassel's confidence!

The Bad Guy
04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Scary, ain't it?

Almost as scary as trading for what you think is a franchise QB and not upgrading the OL, or upgrading the most inept pass rush in NFL history.

I think a lot of our defensive problems were because of Gunther. He showed every blitz a mile away.

I'm willing to give this a year with the new scheme before I really can have a grasp on the talent they have defensively.

I think the OL still might get upgraded somewhere. I don't know where, but I doubt highly that 77 is locked in to the RT spot.

dj56dt58
04-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Scary, ain't it?

we're changing defensive schemes and drafted 2 new ends, we upgraded our pass rush

Pablo
04-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Hopefully Pioli is smart enough to bring back Sippio.

Herm never utilized him, Haley could turn him into a Jerry Rice/Randy Moss/Michael Irvin type WR.

chop
04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
With Cleveland taking Robiskie and Massaquoi, I think Braylon Edwards is probably still on the trading block. It might take a #1 next year to get him, but I would rather have him than Boldin because I think he has more upside. I think Haley knows Boldins limits and already got everything out of him that he could. I don't think that it take a #1 next year to get Edwards. He is coming up on a contract year and doesn't want to play in Cleveland. It would be interesting if the Chiefs were able to get him. Two things scare me though 1. Would the Chiefs be able to sign him to a long term contract and 2. The Chiefs would have two receivers who drop way too many balls thrown to them. Braylon didn't help Anderson at all last year.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2009, 07:48 PM
we're changing defensive schemes and drafted 2 new ends, we upgraded our pass rush

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

How did we upgrade our pass rush?

Do you understand the role of a 3-4 DE?

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

How did we upgrade our pass rush?

Do you understand the role of a 3-4 DE?

Ummm...to take on blockers, freeing up the LBs? It's easier to rush the passer that way, so I hear.

chiefs1111
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Scary, ain't it?

Hey,who needs WR's when your going to have like 7 TE's

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Ummm...to take on blockers, freeing up the LBs? It's easier to rush the passer that way, so I hear.

So changing the scheme, but keeping the same talent is going to make us successful at rushing the passer?

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey,who needs WR's when your going to have like 7 TE's

Imagine the mismatches...

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
So changing the scheme, but keeping the same talent is going to make us successful at rushing the passer?

ROFL

Better chance than keeping the same scheme and keeping the same talent. We all saw how that worked last year.

TEX
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Concerned about our WR's? Why, we haven't had a really good tandom for most of 20 years...What's a few more seasons? :shrug:

Hog Farmer
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I think a lot of our defensive problems were because of Gunther. He showed every blitz a mile away.

I'm willing to give this a year with the new scheme before I really can have a grasp on the talent they have defensively.

I think the OL still might get upgraded somewhere. I don't know where, but I doubt highly that 77 is locked in to the RT spot.

GUNTHER WAS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER BEFORE HERM BROUGHT IN HIS COVER TWO BULLSHIT. hE WAS HAMSTRUNG.

Cap locks was on, I'm not yelling.