PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The "Edge" in KC? No, we're not talking about Bono and the boys...

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 12:05 AM
It seemed to me that E. James was never the same after he got his knee tore up vs. KC back in the day. (2001?) Anyone remember who made that tackle?

Yeah, he still had some spectacular seasons after the injury, but he wasn't the same. Prior to the injury, he had change-of-direction ability that I had only seen previously from Barry Sanders. I truly believe that he would have broken several rushing records if it hadn't been for that knee injury.

So: Edge to KC? The Haley connection might be the deciding factor that makes this rumor a reality. Would you want Edge over L.J.? I say "no". Who wants an 11 year vet at RB?

Besides, I really think LJ will be here for next season. Which is fine if he shuts up and carrys the rock for over 1000 yds. If LJ's not up for it, then let the young guys have a chance.

Where will James end up?

With the second-to-last pick in the draft's first round, the Arizona Cardinals took running back Chris Wells, and the bells you hear tolling are there to signify the end of Edgerrin James' time in the desert.
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the team will likely be cutting the veteran running back within the next week. While James would've had a few more teams after him had he been released at the start of the free agent signing period, he could still find some work.

One team rumored to be interested in James is the New Orleans Saints. The Saints bid adieu to Deuce McAllister earlier this offseason, and if James were willing to accept a diminished role on the roster at first, there is a spot for him in a backfield led by Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. With just four picks available in this year's draft, the team elected to focus on defense and special teams, selecting three defenders and a punter.

With Larry Johnson's situation not yet figured out, the Kansas City Chiefs have also been rumored to be a destination for James. If Johnson winds up being traded, the team would have unproven commodities in the backfield. To wit, Tyler Thigpen was the team's second-leading rusher in 2008 behind LJ. The Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have some question marks in the backfield as well, and could be in the mix for James too.

As with the Bucs, both the Jacksonville Jaguars and Miami Dolphins have also been mentioned as possible destinations for James, given that he is a Florida native. However, Miami already has a long-in-the-tooth running back in Ricky Williams, and the Jaguars would be using James only as an insurance policy should Maurice Jones-Drew break down. Jags coach Jack Del Rio has already emphasized that Greg Jones will be seeing a heavier workload this season, and seventh round draftee Rashad Jennings may also get some work in his rookie campaign.

James proved throughout the playoffs last season that he still has a bit of fuel left in the tank. The tough part now will be to find a new team that will give him a legitimate chance to earn the starting job, because he'll be most effective as the primary back in an offense. Although he's nearing the 3,000 carry mark on his odometer - with 430 receptions to boot - a few teams will certainly come calling upon his official release.

DA_T_84
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM
I think Edge would rather have Edward Scissorhands fist him than play under Haley again.

Remember his face on those long camera shots during the playoffs?

KCrockaholic
04-28-2009, 12:12 AM
How about Tim Hightower instead? heh.

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I think Edge would rather have Edward Scissorhands fist him than play under Haley again.

I hope so.

http://www.ugo.com/movies/burton-depp/images/edward-scissorhands.jpg

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 12:24 AM
How about Tim Hightower instead? heh.

Thiggy only had 13 less rushing yards than Hightower last year. :)

KCChiefsMan
04-28-2009, 12:25 AM

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 12:30 AM

So are we morons for speculating on the rumor?

KCChiefsMan
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
So are we morons for speculating on the rumor?

not necessarily, I've just been itching to use that one. too bad it's in bmp :banghead::banghead:

Thig Lyfe
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
FUCK THAT I WANT BOLDINNNNNNN

Bowser
04-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Greg Wesley blasted Edge in the knee.

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 12:44 AM
not necessarily, I've just been itching to use that one. too bad it's in bmp :banghead::banghead:

Alrighty then. Because I don't think anyone is jumping up and down to get him.

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Greg Wesley blasted Edge in the knee.

Chiefs' safeties = Star Killers

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2009, 05:06 AM
EDGE, BOLDIN, DOCKETT, FITZGERALD, WARNER, RODGERS-CROMARTIE, ADRIAN WILSON, BERRY.

I want them all.

Pioli Zombie
04-28-2009, 05:12 AM
How about Terrell Davis while we're at it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Braincase
04-28-2009, 06:26 AM
EDGE, BOLDIN, DOCKETT, FITZGERALD, WARNER, RODGERS-CROMARTIE, ADRIAN WILSON, BERRY.

I want them all.

Start with the right side of the offensive line.

Spicy McHaggis
04-28-2009, 07:31 AM

That was my thought. Would we sign him so he could sit on the sidelines and watch Javarris Williams run the ball?

penguinz
04-28-2009, 08:08 AM
too bad it's in bmp :banghead::banghead:You must resemble the message if you are unable to convert it to an alternate image type.

Fish
04-28-2009, 08:10 AM
No more old broken RBs.......

Demonpenz
04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
edge got rolled up on by marvcus patton that blew out his knee

htismaqe
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I can't imagine we'd trade an again RB with attitude issues for an EVEN OLDER RB with attitude issues.

EyePod
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I can't imagine we'd trade an again RB with attitude issues for an EVEN OLDER RB with attitude issues.

He doesn't have attitude issues. His only problem was when he was in shape and wasn't on the field. I'd say that's a desire to play, which isn't really a problem.

htismaqe
04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
He doesn't have attitude issues. His only problem was when he was in shape and wasn't on the field. I'd say that's a desire to play, which isn't really a problem.

He's complained about his role intermittently since his early days in Indy.

KcFanInGA
04-28-2009, 12:05 PM
I will razorblade my sac and sit in a bowl of battery acid it we get ****in "Edge". May as well call fu**in Emmit Smith too!