PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs "Oh baby, what a play." Welcome back Mr. Harlan

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh, baby: Kevin Harlan returns to Chiefs booth for preseason games
By RANDY COVITZ

Kevin Harlan is returning to his roots …for just a couple of games.

The Chiefs and KCTV5 announced that Harlan will call the play-by-play of two exhibition game telecasts, and veteran Dave Armstrong will call the other two.

Harlan, the Chiefs’ radio voice during 1985-93, will handle the games at Minnesota on Aug. 21 and against Seattle on Aug. 29. Armstrong will work the Aug. 15 game against Houston and Sept. 3 game at St. Louis. They replace Roger Twibell.

During the regular season, Harlan broadcasts NFL games for CBS. He also works NCAA college basketball for CBS and the NBA for TNT. Armstrong, like Harlan, makes his home in the Kansas City area. Armstrong has previously broadcast Kansas City Royals and Seattle Seahawks games, in addition to NCAA, Big Ten and Big 12 football, basketball and wrestling.

Former Chiefs Jayice Pearson, who is a Fox network NFL analyst, and Rich Baldinger will return to the Chiefs’ preseason booth, Pearson as analyst, Baldinger as sideline reporter.

BigRock
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
The return of Harlan and the departure of Twibell are equally great pieces of news.

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm so excited!

Mr. Arrowhead
04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
So i assume since Carl gone, then Roger goes with him, since his lips are permanently attached to Carl's Ass

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
So i assume since Carl gone, then Roger goes with him, since his lips are permanently attached to Carl's Ass

Not unlike Gretz.

htismaqe
04-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Good.

Twibell is boring to the extreme.

Micjones
04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Big fan of Kevin Harlan. That'll be cool having him call those 2 games.
Always enjoyed Twibell though. Too bad for him.

Mojo Jojo
04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
On the other hand we also get Dave Armstrong for two games. I think the only thing Dave ever says is "Wow!"