PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Paul Pierce = Clutch

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Just Like Old Times For Celtics' Pierce
By Marc J. Spears
Special to ESPN.com

BOSTON -- Injured forward Kevin Garnett was on the bench in street clothes. Ray Allen was nearby in warm-ups and done for the night with six fouls. The Big Three was down to just the one Boston has been accustomed to seeing over the past 11 seasons.

And just as Paul Pierce has done so many times for the Boston Celtics, he came through with a scoring barrage when the C's needed it most during a crucial 106-104 overtime victory over the Bulls in Game 5 of this wild best-of-7, first-round series. The 2008 NBA Finals MVP scored 15 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter and OT to spark the Celtics and has now put his team in position to knock off the pesky seventh-seeded Bulls with a win in Game 6 on Thursday.

"It was phenomenal. Sweet spot. In-between game," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said about Pierce's performance.

"Obviously, Paul, the shots he made down the stretch were huge. He got to his spots."

Until he got cooking, Pierce had been stymied by the Bulls for most of the series. With Luol Deng out with an injury, John Salmons had smothered the Celtics star while the Bulls' big men had closed down Pierce's driving lanes. Salmons had been able to contest Pierce's shots, most memorably when he snuffed Pierce's potential game-tying jumper in the second overtime of Game 4.

Pierce had entered Game 5 averaging a team-best 23.5 points in the series, but he had made only 43 percent of his shots from the field and attempted only 20 free throws while turning the ball over 15 times. Only an early scoring outburst in Game 3 had been vintage Pierce.

The Bulls continued to keep Pierce in check through the first three quarters of Game 5. He had just 11 points on 5-of-13 shooting, including 1-of-5 from 3-point range, no attempted free throws and a turnover, with Boston down 70-66. From there, the Bulls quickly took an 11-point lead as Pierce remained quiet.

"They had guys clogging up the lane a lot," Pierce said. "They have guys reaching. Maybe I can do a better job of trying to get to the line, get my rhythm going and maybe that can get me going. But maybe better late than never."

With Garnett sidelined, Pierce has had the challenge of making up for KG's offensive production. That was compounded in Game 5 when Allen surprisingly fouled out with 5:27 remaining in the fourth quarter.

It was a familiar spot for Pierce. Before this version of Boston's Big Three came into existence in the summer of 2007, Pierce took the big shots -- in fact, as many shots as he wanted. With Garnett and Allen out, Pierce had to revert to his old shoot-first approach just to give the champs hope of getting out of the first round.

Fortunately for the Celtics, Pierce hadn't been discouraged by his shooting struggles.

"I missed a couple wide open 3s that I had, missed a couple layups," Pierce said. "I never got down over the shots I missed because I thought a lot of them were good shots.

"I just knew before long they would fall. I thought when Ray fouled out it was time for me to really step up."

Pierce's layup with 1:13 remaining in the fourth quarter tied the game at 91. Then, with the Bulls ahead 93-91, he nailed a clutch 15-foot jumper to the tie the game again and send it to overtime.

He stayed hot in overtime; consecutive step-back, midrange jumpers over Salmons pushed Boston ahead 104-101. And with Game 5 tied in the final seconds of OT, the Celtics' captain added another big shot to his résumé, nailing a 19-foot pull-up J with 3.4 seconds left to give the Celtics the lead for good.

"I just thought I didn't over-penetrate tonight," Pierce said. "I took my time. I got some space off the dribble. I got into my sweet spot and got the shot."

After the game, Salmons sounded like a lot of other players who have tried to stifle Pierce's midrange prowess.

"I was just trying to keep him in front of me and contest the jump shot," Salmons said. "That's what I've been trying to do the whole series. Be even with him. Try to stay in front of him.

"He hit some shots. He hit three contested shots."

This is the first playoff series in NBA history to have three games to go to overtime, and it appears destined to be the most memorable first-round series ever. It's had almost too many story lines to mention, starting with the saga of Garnett's injury and the emergence of two great young point guards in Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose, and along the way we've had incredible shot-making by Allen and Chicago's Ben Gordon, among others.

On Tuesday, Pierce ensured on Tuesday that he will be remembered, too, with what might be two more exciting chapters still to come.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2009, 09:47 AM
The Truth!

Buck
Paul Pierce = Bitch

Dr. Facebook Fever
KAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2009, 09:48 AM
blah

Buck
04-29-2009, 09:48 AM
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/a12a327907_pierce.jpg

KC Dan
04-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah right... Clutch once every ten games or so.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah right... Clutch once every ten games or so.

shit, like The Truth didn't step it up last year during their championship run?

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
LMAO

Just so everyone knows...the best Jayhawk in this series has been Kirk Hinrich and he doesn't even start.

Paul Pierce had 1 good quarter before OT where he made some money shots...other than that, Salmons and Hinrich have SHUT HIM DOWN.

Boston is going to win this series because of Rajon Rondo...period.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 09:54 AM
shit, like The Truth didn't step it up last year during their championship run?

I'm not questioning that...

but Stacy King is right...Paul Pierce looks like an old man out there...what happened to his slashing ability? What happened to his "second" and "third" gear? His game is primarily the fall-away jump shot now...if that's not going in, he's a liability just like Ray Allen.

How many times did John Salmons beat Pierce off the dribble yesterday? Just about every time he tried...

Whereas Hinrich and Salmons are handling Pierce with ease.

Buck
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/10/28/12cryDAVIS__1225240761_0471.jpg

Buck
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yGeA_PC563M/SKXMyc_97VI/AAAAAAAACSs/Efme00Vae4w/s400/Pierce+crying.bmp

Mr. Krab
The bulls were robbed. Flagrant, Flagrant!!

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm not trying to bash Pierce, either...he's a part of one of my fondest childhood memories...watching him drop 30 at Kemper Arena in the final Big 8 Championship game...that's right, I was there!

shitgoose
04-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm not questioning that...

but Stacy King is right...Paul Pierce looks like an old man out there...what happened to his slashing ability? What happened to his "second" and "third" gear? His game is primarily the fall-away jump shot now...if that's not going in, he's a liability just like Ray Allen.

How many times did John Salmons beat Pierce off the dribble yesterday? Just about every time he tried...

Whereas Hinrich and Salmons are handling Pierce with ease.

Agreed. If Boston ends up playing Cleveland I think Lebron is going to abuse Pierce. Pierce did a pretty good job guarding him in last years series but I don't think he can hang with him this go around. Pierce is out of gas. Boston needs KG.

He was nails last night in OT though. No denying that. His fall away jumper in the lane is money.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM

that doesn't guarantee anything, though...just another possession. Brad Miller was going to miss 1 out of 2 no matter what...I called it before he even got to the line.

The dude does some good things...but he has outweighed them with a number of 'wtf' plays this series...it's to the point where he needs to be limited to 15 minutes of action...

58kcfan89
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Just like the Celtics, this thread needs more Bill Walker & less Paul Pierce

http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bill_walker_200711_ap.jpg

I love you, Bill (no homo)!:ksu:

I'm not a big Peirce fan, but I like watching him when the game/series is on the line. The Cleveland/Boston game 7 last year was the best NBA game I've seen in a long time, mostly because of Pierce going bucket-for-bucket with LBJ.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Agreed. If Boston ends up playing Cleveland I think Lebron is going to abuse Pierce. Pierce did a pretty good job guarding him in last years series but I don't think he can hang with him this go around. Pierce is out of gas. Boston needs KG.

He was nails last night in OT though. No denying that. His fall away jumper in the lane is money.

Cleveland is going to lose, tops, 1 game on their way to the finals.

Even if KG does come back for Boston he's only going to have a Willis Reid effect...he might be good for morale, but that's about it.

After the prick was shown mocking the Bulls bench after Miller missed that first free throw, I no longer have respect for him.

Shit talking dumbass...he disappears in big games, too...Paul Pierce carried that team to a championship last year...not dipshit Garnett. Sure, great at defense...but shrinks when it matters. Maybe not as much as Chris Webber, but still...

Mr. Krab
04-29-2009, 10:02 AM
that doesn't guarantee anything, though...just another possession. Brad Miller was going to miss 1 out of 2 no matter what...I called it before he even got to the line.

The dude does some good things...but he has outweighed them with a number of 'wtf' plays this series...it's to the point where he needs to be limited to 15 minutes of action...
Knowing that they were getting the ball back would of taken a ton of pressure off of Miller at the line. He would of actually tried to make the 2nd one then as well. One free throw made and a possible final shot to win the game.

shitgoose
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Ben Gordon has hit more ridiculous shots in the this series than I have seen in any other series for quite some time. Bulls/Celtics will probably be the best series of the entire playoffs. I think Lakers/Cavs is going to be good but I expect it too. I didn't really think much about this matchup because I didn't think the Bulls could win on the road.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Ben Gordon has hit more ridiculous shots in the this series than I have seen in any other series for quite some time. Bulls/Celtics will probably be the best series of the entire playoffs. I think Lakers/Cavs is going to be good but I expect it too. I didn't really think much about this matchup because I didn't think the Bulls could win on the road.

Yeah, I agree. It's going to be pretty GD hard to top this series...it's been a treat as a Bulls fan...I hope they can extend it to 7, but I simply can't see them being able to overcome the devastation of last night.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I doubt Ben Gordon will even be a Bull next year, too. He's a UFA.

Buck
04-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Is Ben Gordon a PG or SG?

If hes a SG can he play PG?

shitgoose
04-29-2009, 10:08 AM

Even if KG does come back for Boston he's only going to have a Willis Reid effect...he might be good for morale, but that's about it.

After the prick was shown mocking the Bulls bench after Miller missed that first free throw, I no longer have respect for him.

Shit talking dumbass...he disappears in big games, too...Paul Pierce carried that team to a championship last year...not dipshit Garnett. Sure, great at defense...but shrinks when it matters. Maybe not as much as Chris Webber, but still...

No doubt. Cleveland has been extremely impressive all year. They might as well of had a bye in the first round.

I think KG makes them a much better team defensively. If Pierce or who ever can't stay in front of his guy at least Garnett can rotate to alter shots around the basket.

Do I think he is going to be effective at this point in post season? No

I'm sick of seeing him on the sidelines with his chin all puffed out after every big play by the Celtics. Its gotten really old.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Is Ben Gordon a PG or SG?

If hes a SG can he play PG?

SG...and no. He can't handle the ball very well...which is why the end of regulation call to isolate him up top rather than Rose was absurd...

Remember when Paxson hit "the shot" in the 1993 NBA finals?

WELL HINRICH WAS FEELING IT YESTERDAY BUT VDN IS TOO FUCKING STUPID TO CALL A PLAY FOR HIM...INSTEAD HE DEPENDS ON BG MIRACLES.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
P.S. I just heard Legler on ESPN say Rondo made a legit attempt for the ball on Miller at the end...uhm, really? He fucking decked him in the face...that was a flagrant no doubt about it.

Amnorix
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM

While he didn't dominate during the playoffs last year, he hardly disappeared.

I heard an interesting thought on that -- that he plays the regular season with playoff-like intensity, so there's no room for his game to get better. He's already playing at 110% intensity, even in freaking December. Probably some accuracy to that.

Saulbadguy
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
LMAO

Just so everyone knows...the best Jayhawk in this series has been Kirk Hinrich and he doesn't even start.

Paul Pierce had 1 good quarter before OT where he made some money shots...other than that, Salmons and Hinrich have SHUT HIM DOWN.

Boston is going to win this series because of Rajon Rondo...period.

The only people that hang from his nuts are KU fans who don't watch the NBA but maybe a week or two in the playoffs. Just a "fwiw".

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
While he didn't dominate during the playoffs last year, he hardly disappeared.

He has disappeared, offensively, down the stretch in every big game in his entire career.

He doesn't want the ball in his hands down the stretch.

Amnorix
04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
P.S. I just heard Legler on ESPN say Rondo made a legit attempt for the ball on Miller at the end...uhm, really? He fucking decked him in the face...that was a flagrant no doubt about it.

:shrug: Mike & Mike in the Morning said it wasn't, though they understood the outcry.

Meanwhile Charles Barkley says it was. Any hit to the head is, etc.

Opinion is pretty split. As homers, I think your opinion and mine doesn't count for much. :)

DJJasonp
04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
They brought it up in the broadcast last night....Pierce (and the rest of the celtic starters) are averaging a TON of minutes each game for the past several weeks (and probably months as well).

It's no wonder the guy doesnt have as much burst as he had 3 months ago.

And on the Hinrich note....It's painful to watch Gordon pull an Iverson on a nightly basis (drop 20 or so on 25-30% shooting).

When the Bulls drive and kick out....rather than everyone trying to play one on one and beat their man....they're a lot tougher to beat.

Amnorix
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
He has disappeared, offensively, down the stretch in every big game in his entire career.

I wouldn't know. I took about 1990 to 2007 off from watching the NBA. :D

That did appear to be teh case to me last year, though I wasn't sure whether that was a KG thing or whether he was deferring to Pierce/Allen. He certainly isn't a Larry Bird "take hte game over in the Fourth" kind of guy from what limited amount I've seen.

But honestly, I don't much care. He's more of a Bill Russell type -- there for his defense and rebounding and leadership. As long as we have good shooters around him, I'm fine with his game.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Dude, look at the play...

Miller is going in for a layup, and Rondo (CLEARLY BEHIND MILLER), totally obstructs his path to the basket by taking his head out...hey, props for a great playoff foul for preventing an easy layup...but that's a flagrant foul...he didn't go for the ball because it was impossible to go for the ball...since he was behind Brad Miller. Look at the play...I don't know how that couldn't be considered a flagrant, but whatever.

I'm the type of fan that is grateful when my team gets a call...but I'm able to call it like it is. I'm not saying you aren't, but if that not the very definition of a flagrant 1, I don't know what is...the dude had to get stitches after the game and was bleeding...if that was in the first half, it would have been a flagrant 25 times out of 25...the officials didn't have the balls to make the right call in Boston in OT.

shitgoose
The Rondo foul on Miller was hardly anything compared to Dwight Howard's elbow to the back of Sam Dalembert's head.

It wouldn't surprise me if he got a 1 game suspension for it. The league is pretty tough on shit like that ever since the Artest melee

Amnorix
They brought it up in the broadcast last night....Pierce (and the rest of the celtic starters) are averaging a TON of minutes each game for the past several weeks (and probably months as well).

It's no wonder the guy doesnt have as much burst as he had 3 months ago.

The Sports Guy wrote about this on ESPN recently too. Between the looooonnnnng playoffs the Celtics had last year and covering fo rall the injuries this year, Pierce is complete toast.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm also one that advocates the hometown call, so what do I know...

The Bulls choked when they didn't finish it off in regulation when they were up 11 with 6 minutes left.

Great series...poor coaching by the Bulls. No way should VDN let the Boston crowd get back into it in the 4th...they willed Boston to victory...he should have used a timeout on two separate occasions. That dude is epic fail.

Amnorix
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
The Rondo foul on Miller was hardly anything compared to Dwight Howard's elbow to the back of Sam Dalembert's head.

It wouldn't surprise me if he got a 1 game suspension for it. The league is pretty tough on shit like that ever since the Artest melee

I missed this on the highlights. He should have been ejected immediately. He definitely deserves a one game suspension.

shitgoose
04-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm also one that advocates the hometown call, so what do I know...

The Bulls choked when they didn't finish it off in regulation when they were up 11 with 6 minutes left.

Great series...poor coaching by the Bulls. No way should VDN let the Boston crowd get back into it in the 4th...they willed Boston to victory...he should have used a timeout on two separate occasions. That dude is epic fail.

I still can't believe they hired VDN to be the coach. Every time I see him on the sidelines I say that to myself. Its not as bad as Terry Porter but its pretty sorry.

Short Leash Hootie
The Sports Guy wrote about this on ESPN recently too. Between the looooonnnnng playoffs the Celtics had last year and covering fo rall the injuries this year, Pierce is complete toast.

Like I said, congrats to Boston...Ainge had a vision, and he achieved it...mortgaged the future for a championship...probably the last one that will be won without LeBron James on the team for the next decade.

I'm not kidding when I say I could see the next 10 championships won by LeBron.

Not only is a superior talent, but he's a superior teammate...guys love playing with him and he makes everyone around him SO much better (which is why he is clearly better than Kobe).

Buck
I hate the Celtics as much as anybody, but that wasn't a Flagrant.

Compared to Dwight Howards non call on his elbow shot, that was tiddlywinks.

Buck
04-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Like I said, congrats to Boston...Ainge had a vision, and he achieved it...mortgaged the future for a championship...probably the last one that will be won without LeBron James on the team for the next decade.

Not only is a superior talent, but he's a superior teammate...guys love playing with him and he makes everyone around him SO much better (which is why he is clearly better than Kobe).

If you don't think that Kobe makes all of his teammates better then you are stupid.

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 10:27 AM
I hate the Celtics as much as anybody

Welcome to realm of the obvious. :)

Amnorix
04-29-2009, 10:27 AM

I like James. Love watching him play. Hate Kobe. Not sure why, but partly it's a Lakers thing no doubt, and he just seems like a smarmy jerkoff to me.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:28 AM
I still can't believe they hired VDN to be the coach. Every time I see him on the sidelines I say that to myself. Its not as bad as Terry Porter but its pretty sorry.

things he should have done differently down the stretch...

Gordon makes some silly shots, we all know that...but no way should the final play of regulation been drawn up for him to be isolated up top...that should have been Rose. Rose can beat anyone off a dribble...Gordon cannot...at least get Rose to the hoop where he can either kick it out to Gordon, Hinrich or Salmons spotting up or have a layup.

The last OT play that went to Miller...great play design...should have been Tyrus instead of Miller...or at least Noah. Miller isn't athletic enough, and had only played 15 fucking minutes prior to that...you don't put that pressure on the guy.

I still think the OT play should have been designed for Hinrich...but VDN doesn't have those balls to do something like that...

Hinrich in bounds...curls around a screen...no way he won't have an open look at it for the win...no way is Boston going to guard him when everyone knows it's going to Gordon (everyone knows so much that they left Miller wide open...which is why it should have been Tyrus god damnit!)

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
If you don't think that Kobe makes all of his teammates better then you are stupid.

I never said that...

But he doesn't do it on NEARLY the level LeBron James does it.

Watch a Cavs game...his teammates LOVE him...and he loves his teammates...it's like a big ol' high school team. It's amazing to watch. It's like the 90s Bulls all over again...they all play so amazing together.

Kobe is a little bitch all of the time...and everyone knows that. I don't give a shit about 'how it looks on surface'...you know he still has meltdowns behind the scenes...you think LeBron does that stuff?

LeBron knows he's better than his teammates...but he doesn't get down on them for their shortcomings...and because of that his teammates play 190,000% every game because they LOVE LeBron...it's awesome to see a TRUE team in the NBA again.

Buck
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I never said that...

But he doesn't do it on NEARLY the level LeBron James does it.

Watch a Cavs game...his teammates LOVE him...and he loves his teammates...it's like a big ol' high school team. It's amazing to watch. It's like the 90s Bulls all over again...they all play so amazing together.

Kobe is a little bitch all of the time...and everyone knows that. I don't give a shit about 'how it looks on surface'...you know he still has meltdowns behind the scenes...you think LeBron does that stuff?

LeBron knows he's better than his teammates...but he doesn't get down on them for their shortcomings...and because of that his teammates play 190,000% every game because they LOVE LeBron...it's awesome to see a TRUE team in the NBA again.

You are pretty stupid man.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
also, it's pathetic it took VDN 19 quarters to realize Boston can't defend a lineup of Rose/Gordon/Hinrich/Salmons/Noah...

Big Baby makes his living on 15 footers...he can hardly post up and score on Kirk friggin' Hinrich...

The rotation should be...

Rose/Gordon/Salmons/Tyrus/Noah/Hinrich...with a small, small splash of Miller next game...

and we better see at least 25 minutes of Rose/Gordon/Hinrich/Salmons/Noah...

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 10:34 AM
You are pretty stupid man.

Why?

Remember the Finals last year? When things started going rough on Kobe and his teammates started playing bad...he had a meltdown. It was suppose to be his year and his "teammates" let him down (according to him at least)...

That's just how it is.

Hey, Kobe is a great player...but they are going to lose in 5 to LeBron this year and he'll always have to live with the label of 'not being able to win w/o Shaq'...because LeBron is going to at least three-peat. No doubt about it.

Buck
04-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Why?

Remember the Finals last year? When things started going rough on Kobe and his teammates started playing bad...he had a meltdown. It was suppose to be his year and his "teammates" let him down (according to him at least)...

That's just how it is.

Hey, Kobe is a great player...but they are going to lose in 5 to LeBron this year and he'll always have to live with the label of 'not being able to win w/o Shaq'...because LeBron is going to at least three-peat. No doubt about it.

Because man, think about it. Kobe was a little bitch for a few years, probably from Shaq's last season on through the offseason that preceded the last season. Remember he wanted to get traded? And he said they needed to get rid of Bynum.

He was pissed off at management that they wouldn't give him any talent to play with.

Here was their main starting lineups in 2006-2007.

Kobe Bryant - Andrew Bynum - Lamar Odom - Smush Parker - Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant - Kwame Brown - Lamar Odom - Smush Parker - Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant - Andrew Bynum - Brian Cook - Smush Parker - Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant - Andrew Bynum - Brian Cook - Smush Parker - Vladamir Radmonovic

He didn't have the talent around him to do anything. Keep in mind, Bynum was a rookie this year and he wasn't as good yet.

He finally got his wish in 2008 and this became the starting lineup.

Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher - Pau Gasol - Lamar Odom - Vladamir Radmonovic

He was finally happy that he had decent players in the lineup, and he had a change of attitude. He has ever since then.

Have you seen how good players like Trevor Ariza, Shannon Brown, DJ Mbenga, and Josh Powell have played?

Do you think they'd be anywhere as good w/out a guy like Kobe helping them out?

And I don't remember Kobe ever saying anything about his Teammates letting him down.

You find a link to that quote and let me see it. Kobe had a bad finals himself, he wouldn't dog his teammates like that.

dj56dt58
04-29-2009, 11:21 AM
LMAO

Boston is going to win this series because of officiating...period.

fyp

CoMoChief
04-29-2009, 11:22 AM

No shit. That hack wasn't even close to going for the ball.

shitgoose
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Because man, think about it. Kobe was a little bitch for a few years, probably from Shaq's last season on through the offseason that preceded the last season. Remember he wanted to get traded? And he said they needed to get rid of Bynum.

He was pissed off at management that they wouldn't give him any talent to play with.

He didn't have the talent around him to do anything. Keep in mind, Bynum was a rookie this year and he wasn't as good yet.

He was finally happy that he had decent players in the lineup, and he had a change of attitude. He has ever since then.

Have you seen how good players like Trevor Ariza, Shannon Brown, DJ Mbenga, and Josh Powell have played?

And I don't remember Kobe ever saying anything about his Teammates letting him down.

You find a link to that quote and let me see it. Kobe had a bad finals himself, he wouldn't dog his teammates like that.

Yeah, and he wouldn't have had such a shitty cast of teammates around him if he wouldn't have been a little bitch about getting out Shaq's spotlight and running him off.

Short Leash Hootie
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Lamar Odom alone is better than the cast of misfits LeBron has had his entire career...

Finally with Mo Williams he has a decent #2...

dj56dt58
05-01-2009, 02:30 AM
where was Mr. Pierce tonight?

Fruit Ninja
05-01-2009, 03:09 AM

You find a link to that quote and let me see it. Kobe had a bad finals himself, he wouldn't dog his teammates like that.lol I seen this, but Kobes teams back then were ****ing horrible. Ariza was on the outs with his team, all of a Sudden dude is ggoing to be getting a big time contract come this offseason. Shannon Brown has been with 4 teams. He goes to the Lakers and holy shit. He needs to be the starter. He's playing just great basketball right now.

Cango and Powell have also bounced around and are contributing big time. Well DJ not as much as Powell, but DJ has had some really nice games and he's a hustle guy and plays pretty good defense.

Kwame Brown, Brian Cook and Smush Parker? oooh man o man. In the words of Stephen A. Smith. Bonafide scrubs. Think he used that first with Kwame Brown hah.

To be fair he did a interview i think it was 2 weeks ago and he talked bad about Smush Parker haha . I need to find that quote on exactly what he said, but it was funny. Kobe and Smush didnt like one another for shit.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2009, 03:27 AM
People watch the NBA?

Fruit Ninja
05-01-2009, 03:34 AM
People watch the NBA?

Nope, no one. Thats how come players dont make 20 million a year for playing. No one watches.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
05-01-2009, 04:19 AM
where was Mr. Pierce tonight?

He was fouling Jouaquin Noah for a 3-point play while fouling out himself - what a perfect ending to that game - that smug prick!

Pioli Zombie
05-01-2009, 04:41 AM

Who are you talking about, certainly not Pierce. I hope
Posted via Mobile Device

EyePod
05-01-2009, 10:44 AM
You know what was clutch? Paul Pierce fouling out!! Man, that was great. What a fucking tool bag. Fuck Pierce and Fuck Boston. I don't mind KG and Allen, just Pierce. What a little bitch.

dj56dt58
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
You know what was clutch? Paul Pierce fouling out!! Man, that was great. What a fucking tool bag. Fuck Pierce and Fuck Boston. I don't mind KG and Allen, just Pierce. What a little bitch.
I can't stand KG..he's not even playing and he's screaming in the Bulls faces and yelling "Fuck you" across the court every chance he gets. He should have 10 T's this series. I hope he fucking cries like a baby when Chicago wins game 7

Short Leash Hootie
05-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I loved Pierce at KU...

He played repulsively bad last night...costly turnovers...missing a wide open 15 footer in regulation that would have put Boston up 2 heading to the final possession (where Gordon threw up a ridiculous shot)...I mean, the list goes on...only two players Boston had last night were Ray Allen (ridiculous) and Glen Davis.

Pierce has had 1 good 3 minute stretch this series...other than that, he's been abused by John Salmons and Kirk Hinrich.

He looks like an old man out there...that Noah play was fitting...it describes his series in a nutshell.

And that Rose 2nd miss was an accident...my friend and I, apparently smarter than VDN, were saying..."you gotta miss the 2nd one now"...but of course VDN is too fucking stupid to instruct him to do so...but he missed anyways.

VDN is a dumb man.

Dumb, dumb, dumb man.

EyePod
05-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Lamar Odom alone is better than the cast of misfits LeBron has had his entire career...

Finally with Mo Williams he has a decent #2...

He's better now. He wasn't before... he worked crazy hard this past offseason to improve. I'm sure that's why he got injured, but you know that happens.

Short Leash Hootie
05-01-2009, 11:02 AM
He's better now. He wasn't before... he worked crazy hard this past offseason to improve. I'm sure that's why he got injured, but you know that happens.

Lamar Odom has always been better than anyone LeBron has ever played with, minus maybe Carlos Boozer.

Just saying...

Demonpenz
05-01-2009, 11:33 AM
this years nba is kicking the shit out of ncaa plain and simple

ChiefaRoo
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I loved Pierce at KU...

He played repulsively bad last night...costly turnovers...missing a wide open 15 footer in regulation that would have put Boston up 2 heading to the final possession (where Gordon threw up a ridiculous shot)...I mean, the list goes on...only two players Boston had last night were Ray Allen (ridiculous) and Glen Davis.

Pierce has had 1 good 3 minute stretch this series...other than that, he's been abused by John Salmons and Kirk Hinrich.

He looks like an old man out there...that Noah play was fitting...it describes his series in a nutshell.

And that Rose 2nd miss was an accident...my friend and I, apparently smarter than VDN, were saying..."you gotta miss the 2nd one now"...but of course VDN is too fucking stupid to instruct him to do so...but he missed anyways.

VDN is a dumb man.

Dumb, dumb, dumb man.

He didn't play as well after he had his nostril torn up.

tymania
05-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Paul Pierce = Bitch

Biggest bitch in the NBA....

On another note, i went to Game 4 of this series, and the Bulls are playing amazing basketball. Derrick Rose is def their best draft pick since MJ, he is the next J.Kidd/Stockton. I was never a huge fan of Noah in College, hell i practically hated him, however he is one tough dude, and i am impressed with his playoff performance thus far.

LETS GO BULLS, GAME 7 socre 108-105 BULLS!!!! :clap: