PDA

View Full Version : Misc P90x anyone try it?

Ari Chi3fs
04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm on day four of this thing and I've never sweat so much in my life. This thing really kicks ass. I can only get through about 2/3 of the hour exercise and there are 12 different exercises. If I get through these 90 days without giving up and saying fuck it, I'll be in amazing shape.

This thing kicks my ass. Anyone here try it?

Silock
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Nope. I go to an actual gym.

If it works for you, though, more power to you.

Jenson71
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I once thought about using it, but I laid down and ate some cheetos until the feeling passed.

Guru
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
P90 is more than enough. P90X was friggin overkill. I certainly didn't have the time available for that workout at all. Glad my step sister let me borrow it before I wasted a crapload of money on it.

Ari Chi3fs
04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
P90 is more than enough. P90X was friggin overkill. I certainly didn't have the time available for that workout at all. Glad my step sister let me borrow it before I wasted a crapload of money on it.

well in my defense I downloaded it from piratebay.org ;-)

Sure-Oz
04-30-2009, 11:03 PM
its extreme as hell

not sure its worth the money unless you are mt dew extreme

googlegoogle
05-01-2009, 12:22 AM
diet is like 80% of building muscle.

Guru
05-01-2009, 12:23 AM
well in my defense I downloaded it from piratebay.org ;-)Not a very good defense.LMAO

It irritates me how much money they get for these videos though.

Bowser
05-01-2009, 12:37 AM

I have a buddy that's a pretty big gym rat that got this thing, and I'm talking the whole deal - videos, chin up bar, recovery drink, all of it. He was impressed with the workouts and the results he was seeing, but after 3-4 weeks he just burned out on it, saying that it was frankly just too much of a workout, and he is satisfied with the gains he's having lifting in the gym.

melbar
05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Bout to start it now. just waiting for my chinup bar.

Silock
05-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Bout to start it now. just waiting for my chinup bar.

Iron Gym. I have one and I love it.

kysirsoze
05-01-2009, 01:36 AM
My roomate got it. I am going to start it but I am going to have to work in some serious training wheels as I am a flabby piece of shit right now.

ziggysocki
05-01-2009, 05:48 AM
I have a buddy that's a pretty big gym rat that got this thing, and I'm talking the whole deal - videos, chin up bar, recovery drink, all of it. He was impressed with the workouts and the results he was seeing, but after 3-4 weeks he just burned out on it, saying that it was frankly just too much of a workout, and he is satisfied with the gains he's having lifting in the gym.

Yeah, P90X was getting passed around my office like swine flu at a fiesta a couple months ago. Everyone was talking about the awesomeness of it, and they all burned out in less than 30 days. Ill stick to running.

epitome1170
05-01-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm on day four of this thing and I've never sweat so much in my life. This thing really kicks ass. I can only get through about 2/3 of the hour exercise and there are 12 different exercises. If I get through these 90 days without giving up and saying **** it, I'll be in amazing shape.

This thing kicks my ass. Anyone here try it?

The wife and I are trying it. (I also did not buy it... thank god for torrents.) We are on day 2 and it completely kills me.

My brother-in-law suggested it to us and is on his 3rd round of 90 days.

I am always very skeptical of all of the gimmicks with diets and exercise, so this was no exception, but this really is a great use of self weight for resistance.

memyselfI
05-01-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm going to try it because it seems to do more weight bearing exercise than cardio which is where my strength is...no pun intended. I can't stick to a high impact cardio routine but I can do weights, calesthenics, pliates, yoga, etc. and not burn out. It will be a nice supplement to my gym classes and walking.

kepp
05-01-2009, 07:54 AM
My wife Tivo'd the P90X infomercial for me to watch (and now that I think about that, I feel a little insulted)...anyway...I think I'll DL the torrent and check it out now.

topher79
05-01-2009, 07:59 AM
The less body fat you have to start with the faster you will see results with and the less you have to adhere to the strict diet. For me starting with only 10% body fat the results came in 1-2 weeks. Muscles started to pop in places I'd never seen before. Especially the abs. That abripper is brutal, it nearly made me puke and shit my pants at the same time. The best part is people notice the changes in as well and that always makes you feel good. It's a demanding workout for someone of my makeup so imagine it would be that much harder the more out of shape you are.

Stick with it though. If at the end of your workout you don't want to punch that bitch Tony in the face, you haven't worked hard enough.

Oh yeah...don't pay full price for it. It's available gratis if you look for it.

Crashride
05-01-2009, 08:03 AM
link?

Demonpenz
05-01-2009, 08:07 AM
for the amount of hours I work at work, I was dead. I love working out and all, working out doesn't pay for my Mitz Lancer

irishjayhawk
05-01-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm thinking about going for it this summer. Problem is I need to gain muscle not trim or lose fat. And from what I can tell, this isn't the system for that.

PhillyChiefFan
05-01-2009, 08:14 AM
I tried it, works pretty well.

My favorite is the Kempo.

It does burn you up, and you won't want to keep going if you are really out of shape, but if you keep with it...it does work really well

epitome1170
05-01-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking about going for it this summer. Problem is I need to gain muscle not trim or lose fat. And from what I can tell, this isn't the system for that.

I would say this is the still a good if not great routine for that as well. In my opinion, this is designed for someone that is already in good shape that wants to define their body a little more (whether by bulking up or losing weight).

PhillyChiefFan

Honestly, it isn't. You won't gain much size with P90X.

Even if you look at the before/after pictures, they are cut up, but don't have much muscle mass on them.

topher79

I was the same way. If you want bulk, just increase your weights and lower the reps. The system allows you to be flexible with this. You'll need a wide range of free weights though because you'll progress quickly if you're using max weight at low reps. It's also mandatory you consume as many grams of protein as possible. It's recommeded one gram per LB of body weight but that's nearly impossible without a protein supplement.

bizzar54
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
The mrs and I started doing this around the beginning of the year. I got sidetracked after about 45 days due to work getting all crazy hectic on me but she has stuck with it and she continues to lose inches. She doesnt do the complete program just picks and chooses which one she like to do. We dont stick to the diet either which I know is a huge part of it. But our thoughts were well we arent gaining weight eating what we eat and we dont work out. So if we just add exercise we will see some nice changes.

I really enjoyed it when I was able to stick with it. Having two kids I would have to get up at 4am to get in my workouts. So having been out of that routine a while makes it difficult to go back.

I think one reason, at least for me, people see success is you have to be able to push yourself to where you cant physically keep going. Not many people that are out of shape will go to those lengths if they are at a gym. But if you are in the comfort of your home it wasnt as embarrassing for me to try and finish out doing girl pushups and falling flat on my face by the end of the video. When I got done I was like man didnt realize I was that weak. But if I would have been at a gym odds are I would have left before that point.

Otter
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
P90 is a zombie killing machine

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/fn_civil_p90.jpg

ziggysocki
05-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Well.... you guys have talked me into it. I think I will start on monday.

jaa1025
05-01-2009, 08:43 AM
It's a great, great workout if you stick to it and stick to the diet or some variation of it. My problem is that I love the gym and don't feel right not going to lift actual weights. Then I skip the plyometrics and yoga dvds and it sets me back and I stop working out all together for a week and start over. I said screw it and now I strictly work out at the gym.

I do have a hand full of friends that swear by it. One has lost 30 pounds in 2 months. The diet portion is the most important, just like any other workout. You can work out every day and you won't see the weight loss or muscle gains if you don't eat properly.

ziggysocki
05-01-2009, 08:56 AM
It's a great, great workout if you stick to it and stick to the diet or some variation of it. My problem is that I love the gym and don't feel right not going to lift actual weights. Then I skip the plyometrics and yoga dvds and it sets me back and I stop working out all together for a week and start over. I said screw it and now I strictly work out at the gym.

I do have a hand full of friends that swear by it. One has lost 30 pounds in 2 months. The diet portion is the most important, just like any other workout. You can work out every day and you won't see the weight loss or muscle gains if you don't eat properly.

I hate diets... I mostly exercise (mostly LD running and cycling) so I can eat whatever the hell I want. I have been wanting to try a structured workout but have so far put it off

CoMoChief
05-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I once thought about using it, but I laid down and ate some cheetos until the feeling passed.

:LOL:

Ari Chi3fs
05-01-2009, 09:02 AM
i did the plyometrics one last night... well about 35 minutes of it... holy shit I was sweating. unreal. Doing YogaX today.

epitome1170
05-01-2009, 09:07 AM
i did the plyometrics one last night... well about 35 minutes of it... holy shit I was sweating. unreal. Doing YogaX today.

I guess that means you are not following the schedule.

FYI, get through the first 45 minutes of the Yoga which is hell, but the last 45 make it worth it.

wild1
05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
they are good workouts. i completed the program once and got about halfway through another time before i had a sprain (unrelated to this) that shut me down for a while.

they actually have an advanced version i was thinking about getting.

for those of you who are saying you don't get any size gains, you need to increase the weight.

kepp
05-01-2009, 09:18 AM

So I'm looking on PB and I see a couple torrents...one is like 54Gb and another is ~8Gb but doesn't include everything. Are you able to give us the link to the torrent you DL'd?

epitome1170
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
So I'm looking on PB and I see a couple torrents...one is like 54Gb and another is ~8Gb but doesn't include everything. Are you able to give us the link to the torrent you DL'd?

Mine for the DVD's:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/P90X-Xtreme-Workout-Series-COMPLETE-PACK-DVDrip-Xvid-SCP/653609f1c183046c06b6442ba5bca987e5b740d08800

(Follow their instructions for converting it)

Then you can look up a different one for all of the documents.

Spicy McHaggis
05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
for the amount of hours I work at work, I was dead. I love working out and all, working out doesn't pay for my Mitz Lancer

Evo?

kepp
05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Mine for the DVD's:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/P90X-Xtreme-Workout-Series-COMPLETE-PACK-DVDrip-Xvid-SCP/653609f1c183046c06b6442ba5bca987e5b740d08800

(Follow their instructions for converting it)

Then you can look up a different one for all of the documents.
How is the quality when burned to dvd? It's much smaller than the ISOs ppl are seeding.
Posted via Mobile Device

Starbux37
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
I just completed the program last week. I lost 33 lbs (so far, still not done losing weight) and 6 inches off my waist in the 12 week period. I weighed 241lbs when I started and I'm only 5'8", oh and I'm almost 44 yrs old.

I will admit that it kicked my butt for the first 6 weeks (especially the Yoga) but the last 6 went easier after the weight started coming off and my conditioning improved (but the Yoga still sucks).

I would only recommend this program to someone who is really serious about getting in shape. If you are a person who doesn't like to sweat and have to actually work to get results, then P90X isn't for you.

Demonpenz
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Evo?

of course, got the video in this thread http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5727823#post5727823

epitome1170
05-01-2009, 09:49 AM
How is the quality when burned to dvd? It's much smaller than the ISOs ppl are seeding.
Posted via Mobile Device

The quality is not bad. It's compressed to AVI, but I watch it on a 27" non-HDTV and it looks about like a regular tv program. For me, it was not worth my time to download 10 times as much for a slightly better picture.

wild1
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
If you are a person who doesn't like to sweat and have to actually work to get results, then P90X isn't for you.

:doh!: :)

gta0012
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
i used it on its own for a while, very effective. Now i have a couple friends i go to the gym with and do p90x in addition to that. They have some great workouts i'm a big fan of p90x.

Buehler445
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
How much impact is it. I lift weights at the gym and play basketball 3 times a week.

I have horrible knees and shin splints. If I put on too much weight, my shoulders and elbows get pissed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Henry
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Speaking of diets...last night I had this incredible sirloin steak, medium rare with
Cookies Bar B Q sauce. I got home from the office latete and threw that slab of meat on the grill-had a couple of Morgan and Cokes and went to town on that bad boy.

That P90x looks likeit would kick my ass. I should consider looking into that program.
I need it.

wild1
05-01-2009, 11:12 AM
I just completed the program last week. I lost 33 lbs (so far, still not done losing weight) and 6 inches off my waist in the 12 week period. I weighed 241lbs when I started and I'm only 5'8", oh and I'm almost 44 yrs old.

i somehow skimmed over this... 241 to 208 in 90 days? talk about results. i take it you followed the diet plan too. i bet you feel like a million bucks now. nice work.

kcjayhawks5
05-01-2009, 11:12 AM
im in my second week of doin p90x and ive gotta say im really glad i bought it. i was pretty skeptical on whether or not it was gonna be an actual work out and if i was gonna sweat that much, but after the very first day i was sold on it. it was hard for me to lift myself outta bed the next day! But just as some others have said before, p90x is for those that can stay committed to the workout and committed to a diet, but the diet thing is not that bad because they send you a booklet that has all these tips and a whole lotta different food choices. Oh, and also i was wanting to add size too and not just get toned, but they just say to add weight and do about 8-10 reps instead of like 12-15. Its really a very flexible workout for both men and women. P90X RULES!

Soupnazi
05-01-2009, 11:15 AM
How much impact is it. I lift weights at the gym and play basketball 3 times a week.

I have horrible knees and shin splints. If I put on too much weight, my shoulders and elbows get pissed.
Posted via Mobile Device

On the whole, it's not high impact. However, I would caution that Plyometrics and the leg routine is high impact. I've got bad knees from years of distance running, and plyo hurts my knees for days afterwards. You can modify to take out some of the impact though.

I've had great success with the program, but diet is key. I'll be starting my third 90-day session in the coming days.

Starbux37
05-01-2009, 11:23 AM
i somehow skimmed over this... 241 to 208 in 90 days? talk about results. i take it you followed the diet plan too. i bet you feel like a million bucks now. nice work.

I actually feel great (and look pretty darn good too)!!!

Yes I followed the diet plan (and still do). I made the mistake at week 5 thinking that if my weight is coming off like this then if I eat less calories then recommended by the plan I would lose more weight. Oops, wrong answer and learned not to over think the program. I actually maintained my weight and my work out performance slipped. The next week went back to the eating plan and the weight started coming off again.

My whole motivation was actually my two kids. Got tired of them coming up and rubbing my belly and calling me "My Fat Daddy" in front of family and guest.

Starbux37
05-01-2009, 11:26 AM
On the whole, it's not high impact. However, I would caution that Plyometrics and the leg routine is high impact. I've got bad knees from years of distance running, and plyo hurts my knees for days afterwards. You can modify to take out some of the impact though.

I've had great success with the program, but diet is key. I'll be starting my third 90-day session in the coming days.

I have to second the opinion on the Plyo impact to the knees. I have had my right knee scoped 3 times over the last 15 yrs and Plyo the first couple of times really got my knee irritated. I would suggest the modified moves or do the Cardio X in place of Plyo.

Buehler445
05-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys. Appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I actually feel great (and look pretty darn good too)!!!

Yes I followed the diet plan (and still do). I made the mistake at week 5 thinking that if my weight is coming off like this then if I eat less calories then recommended by the plan I would lose more weight. Oops, wrong answer and learned not to over think the program. I actually maintained my weight and my work out performance slipped. The next week went back to the eating plan and the weight started coming off again.

My whole motivation was actually my two kids. Got tired of them coming up and rubbing my belly and calling me "My Fat Daddy" in front of family and guest.

I bet you do look good, taking 30 pounds off anyone will do that! You lost more fat than 30 pounds, too.

If you guys ever want a little motivation look at this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=898532 There are thousands of posts and some are great stories about people making huge life changes.

Silock
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Especially the abs. That abripper is brutal, it nearly made me puke and shit my pants at the same time.

1) Abs showing is the result of low body fat, not doing hardcore ab exercises.

2) You should do P90X every day, or at least multiple times per week. Strong core = strong body.

Silock
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
It's recommeded one gram per LB of body weight but that's nearly impossible without a protein supplement.

Per pound of LEAN body mass. There's a difference. You don't want someone that's 250 lbs to be trying to consume 250g of protein per day. That would be insane.

Ari Chi3fs
05-03-2009, 11:37 AM
just did the Arms/Shoulders #p90x workout... unreal... that realllllly works the arms. 60 minutes of awesomeness.

Guru
05-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm tellin ya. If you are just starting out p90x will kill you. Start with P90 first then graduate to X.

MTG#10
05-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Im about to download this from newsgroups and noticed its 12 dvd's - how does this work? DVD1-2 for day 1, dvd3-4 for day 2, etc.?

Kyle DeLexus
05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Dvd for each workout then follow the workout plan

Ari Chi3fs
05-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm tellin ya. If you are just starting out p90x will kill you. Start with P90 first then graduate to X.

I have Power 90 DVD... this X isn't too bad so far... its finding the hour that is tough, so far... but so far, so good.

DenverChief
05-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I have a buddy who does this as well and swears by it, I'm too much of a gym rat tho...can't get motivated to do anything in my living room

kysirsoze
05-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Damn. I did about a third of one of these and crapped out. I'm gonna stick with it. Hopefully in a couple months I'll actually be able to finish one. :)

Bowser
07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Just got a copy of this. I fully expect to start out only handling half a disc at a time, if not less. Actually kind of excited to get going on it.

gta0012
07-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I loved using P90x i've made it pretty routine to go to gym now so i don't use it as much. But i still use the Ab workout one.

Douche Baggins
07-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Dude I fucking saw a P90 at a gun store the other day. It was like $2700. Fucking awesome. I had only seen them in Delta Force previously.

Silock
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I loved using P90x i've made it pretty routine to go to gym now so i don't use it as much. But i still use the Ab workout one.

The ab workout is actually VERY good. However, it can, and should, be done more than once a week.

KCChiefsMan
07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
the P90 is a noob gun!

-King-
07-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Can someone post a download? Preferably not a torrent.

Guru
07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Can someone post a download? Preferably not a torrent.You won't find one then.

chop
07-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I bought P90x but haven't started it yet. I was going to start it this past week but I'm having trouble getting it to play in my hotel room (I'm out of town on business). I started backing the discs up to play with my itouch but the tv in the room will not let me play anything but the programmed channels. I hope to start it real soon but I have to figure out how to get it to play on the tv because I'm going to be back and forth to Mexico for the next few months. I'll let you all know my progress later.

-King-
07-13-2009, 09:09 PM
You won't find one then.

Dont need it anymore. Talked to a friend, said he'll get it for me on Friday full set. Rather have that than the downloads.

Guru
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Dont need it anymore. Talked to a friend, said he'll get it for me on Friday full set. Rather have that than the downloads.Excellent.

googlegoogle
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
seen the reps and sets. nothing unusual. 3x -8reps.

Diet is big.

Saulbadguy
07-14-2009, 06:50 AM

Loved the weapon in Goldeneye for N64.

epitome1170
07-14-2009, 07:03 AM
The ab workout is actually VERY good. However, it can, and should, be done more than once a week.

If you do the program, you do it three times a week.

Silock
07-14-2009, 08:02 AM
If you do the program, you do it three times a week.

Never seen the actual program, but I've watched the Ab Ripper X. He's all "Don't do this more than once a week!! IT'S AB RIPPER FUCKING X!! IT'S HARDCORE!"

Pneuma
07-14-2009, 08:20 AM
well. I am sold. I am going to give it a try...

DJJasonp
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM

That's all well and good until someone comes up with "6 minute abs".

epitome1170
07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Never seen the actual program, but I've watched the Ab Ripper X. He's all "Don't do this more than once a week!! IT'S AB RIPPER ****ING X!! IT'S HARDCORE!"

Actually he is more like, "You don't need to do this every day. You don't workout other parts of your body every day and you shouldn't do AB Ripper X every day either."

Crashride
07-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Actually he is more like, "You don't need to do this every day. You don't workout other parts of your body every day and you shouldn't do AB Ripper X every day either."

You dont have to but you probably can since smaller muscle groups heal faster.

Silock
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM

Which is dumb, because there's no reason NOT to do core work every single day you work out.

Ari Chi3fs
07-14-2009, 09:45 PM
This thing kicks soo much ass... it's hard to stay on it. I quit doing them after about 3 weeks...

I should restart... it is an awesome workout.

Guru
07-14-2009, 10:01 PM
This thing kicks soo much ass... it's hard to stay on it. I quit doing them after about 3 weeks...

I should restart... it is an awesome workout.It's an excellent workout if you have the time available for it. And the drive.

epitome1170
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
It's an excellent workout if you have the time available for it. And the drive.

It is really more of a life change than anything else. If you really get into it, you find yourself planning out your days just so you can get your workout in.

I am in my 12th week now (1 more to go). I have lost 30 pounds, and I am down to 12% body fat. I don't think I will reach my goal of single digit body fat, but that was very ambitious since I was at about 24% when I started. I probably would have made it, but about once a week I would "cheat" with my diet and eat pizza or bbq.

PunkinDrublic
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
I just ordered it yesterday. I've fallen off the fitness wagon the last 6 months primarily because I was getting bored with doing the same workouts all the time.

RickObie
07-16-2009, 08:54 AM
That's all well and good until someone comes up with "6 minute abs".

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Why?

'Cause you're f*ckin' fired!

Silock
07-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I just ordered it yesterday. I've fallen off the fitness wagon the last 6 months primarily because I was getting bored with doing the same workouts all the time.

Just curious why you didn't change your workouts yourself before then?

PunkinDrublic
07-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Just curious why you didn't change your workouts yourself before then?

Honestly I reasoned that I didn't want to have to think about it and I thought that at least staying active was better than nothing. The reality was that I started hating to go to the gym after a stressful day at work and my boredom with working out led to my laziness. I think this will work better for me now because it's something to follow and the routine changes. Really looking forward to it.

Silock
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
That sucks, man. Good luck to you!

Personally, I love going to the gym and look forward to it. Makes me feel so energized, I'm not sure how I could live with NOT going. If I ever have to miss a day, I feel terrible.

Bowser
07-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Just got a copy of this. I fully expect to start out only handling half a disc at a time, if not less. Actually kind of excited to get going on it.

One week in, and everything hurts. Guess I'm doing it right.

healthpellets
05-14-2010, 12:01 AM
anyone still doin this?

good results?

OleMissCub
05-14-2010, 12:34 AM
I actually just finished the final phase. When I started I was 6'2, 210 and now I'm 185. Dropped from a 36 waist to 32 and feel great.

The hardest disc of all is the Yoga. I could only ever get through about 40 minutes of it, but my wife was able to do the whole hour and a half straight on her first try. Chicks are alot more flexible than us, no doubt.

I probably would have actually had better results if I had eaten properly. I didn't always eat as good as I should have. The wife is one of those people that can anything they want and not gain an ounce, so there is alot of junk food around the house. Regardless, 25 pounds in 90 days with added muscle ain't bad.