PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto I purchased a toy motorcycle for my son

Pitt Gorilla
05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
that was, incidentally, made entirely in the USA. It was my son's favorite toy at a local gym, so we found one for him and purchased it.

It's great that there still exists stuff manufactured in the USA.

88TG88
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
He'll start pulling down major trim.

seclark
05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
so, is this his first bike?
safety course! ;)
sec

googlegoogle
05-01-2009, 07:17 PM
The chinese have read your post.

They're already working on a knock off.

Rain Man
05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I read something the other day that surprised me. It was talking about the "myth" that America had lost its manufacturing base, and said that the U.S. is still the largest manufacturing country in the world, with roughly 20 percent of the world's goods being made here. It said that China is expected to pass us within a few years, but that the U.S. is the undisputed leader in many areas, such as chemical production and computer production. Kind of surprised me.

Rain Man
05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
so, is this his first bike?
safety course! ;)
sec

You know what I call a small child with a toy motorcycle? A knee skin donor. That's what I call him.

Buehler445
05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I read something the other day that surprised me. It was talking about the "myth" that America had lost its manufacturing base, and said that the U.S. is still the largest manufacturing country in the world, with roughly 20 percent of the world's goods being made here. It said that China is expected to pass us within a few years, but that the U.S. is the undisputed leader in many areas, such as chemical production and computer production. Kind of surprised me.

I'd be interested to see the product type breakdown. I'd anticipate that very few consumer goods are produced locally. Almost all of our private label stuff is imported.

Jenson71
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
There's either a toy factory or a toy designer company in Independence, Iowa. I had a teacher whose husband designed toys for them.

wild1
05-01-2009, 08:59 PM

Next year, the cars made in the United States by Detroit will be a minority. The Japanese makes are forecasted to produce more cars here than the Big 3 are.

Bob Dole
05-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Next year, the cars made in the United States by Detroit will be a minority. The Japanese makes are forecasted to produce more cars here than the Big 3 are.

Cars are not the only thing manufactured...

Pitt Gorilla
05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
There's either a toy factory or a toy designer company in Independence, Iowa. I had a teacher whose husband designed toys for them.Dyersville has a toy design company.

BTW, here is the bike.

http://www.step2.com/images/products/736200_popup.jpg

Badass.

TinyEvel
05-02-2009, 01:26 AM
I bought a Zihuatanejo refrigerator magnet that I later discovered had "Made in China" stamped in the back.
Kinda wrong.

Rain Man
05-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Dyersville has a toy design company.

BTW, here is the bike.

Nice bike, man.

Otter
05-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Nice bike, man.

Notice how Rain Man pauses between "nice bike" and "man" he really doesn't like the bike.

NICE BIKE MAN!!!

Buehler445
05-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Dyersville has a toy design company.

BTW, here is the bike.

http://www.step2.com/images/products/736200_popup.jpg

Badass.

Midnight_Vulture II?